**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• AjarseAjarse Posts: 1
    So I am using an iPhone 7 plus .. iOS 11.0.4

Overheating and cannot play game for more than 15 minutes
    Have to make sure to force close the app because running it in the background also heats up the phone for some time .. other applications are affected as well because of the over heating . Game time for me is significantly reduced because of these problems and it is also concerning that this is going to affect hardware as well .. lots of people will go away from this game if this keeps going on .

WE ARE EXPECTING A REPLY KABAM .
  • PoonSlayerSmashPoonSlayerSmash Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    Latest IOS
    iPhone 7
    Sprint
    Cellular data

I have an iPhone 7 that keeps dying even when charging due to the new update. I scheduled an appointment tomorrow at the Apple store near me to get my battery replaced thanks to this game. I will not be continuing to play MCOC anymore.
  • HMLewisHMLewis Posts: 46
    Device Model: iPhone X
    Carrier: vzw
    Wifi or Cellular Network - both/either
    Phone heats up when I'm in the game, charging or not, faster when I'm charging (any charger i have, 110v , apple or anker or etc.), screen dims to about 40% brightness (brightness controls are off, it's the overheating protection). Thanks. Good luck.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    StrayPool wrote: »
    Well, we might be looking at the end of the game this time. As of about 10 minutes ago, I got word from some Alliance mates via Facebook; our leader's iPhone 7 blew up in her hands. She's heading to the Accident and Emergency: if it turns out the overheating caused this, there might be blood on this app's hands. Of all the things to put you in a hospital.

Really are they ok?

It could explain many things and why kabam is in silence and scrub mode.
    :) Fun stuff right? I feel like the mods are like Fisher Stevens and Penn going bonkers at the end of Hackers...”come at me!”

Lol not sure I would call it fun though, must be a lot of stuff going on, and it seems like it's about to get worse.
  • Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    iPhone SE 64GB
    Started with update with iOS 11.2x and still crashing with 11.4 (problems same severity with both)
    Verizon
    WiFi or LTE same situation
    Battery integrity = 91%

Uninstalled and only make alliance moves on iPad now

But...apparently occurs on my iPad Pro which also started with 11.2 and now is 11.4. The heating isn’t as severe, but after 10 rounds of arena I get kicked out of game with the black screen and white spinning circle.

Doesn’t matter if plugged in or not plugged in.

USA based

Nothing even close to this happened before 19.0 update of MCOC. I have grinded arena for hours, done LOL paths straight through before with no issue.
  • StrayPoolStrayPool Posts: 98
    Well, we might be looking at the end of the game this time. As of about 10 minutes ago, I got word from some Alliance mates via Facebook; our leader's iPhone 7 blew up in her hands. She's heading to the Accident and Emergency: if it turns out the overheating caused this, there might be blood on this app's hands. Of all the things to put you in a hospital.

Really are they ok?

Too soon for word, but she's probably not gonna need to wait around for treatment. I tend to agree with other posts that the mods are being silenced now to avoid legal mis-steps, but if this accident ends up being laid at their doorstep, all the ass-covering in the world won't help them. Heads could - and in my opinion, probably should - roll for this.
  • ChenChen Posts: 115
    I think they'd pull the game if there were legal ramifications.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    It's past time.
    I would not charge my phone and play the game at the same time - that is asking for more trouble. Heating a battery up to charge it plus the CPU load. Just face the facts you're not going to be able to grind till they fix it. Play sporadically (5-10 min increments for AQ/AW and small quests). Let your phone cool down and repeat. That's if you really can't kick the habit. =)
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Device iPhone 7

Device Operating System: 11.4.1

Mobile Carrier: No

WiFi Only

Game Version 19.0.0

Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur - Arena

Champions Affected - ALL

Active Boosts: Are you using any boosts when you experience this issue? - No

I have updated Operating System: to 11.4.1, I was in arena for 4 rounds of matches. The game stopped, I was returned to home screen

Will test arena tomorrow - A bit oF Quest and AQ today

Members/Players - we need to confirm that the latest update has reduced overheating and no further OS shutdowns

I don't expect to Kablam to report any updates, now that there is a new OS from Apple

I hope this update does work and we can get back the game .
  • iOS 11.3.1
    iPhone 8
    AT&T
    Both Wifi and Cellular

Device isn't heating up, but horrid lag when coming out of fights, AQ/AW/SQ maps load very slowly and the loading screen is popping up way more often than normal
  • BrandonmballouBrandonmballou Posts: 219
    I say we go back to 11 and bring sw thor and ds back to their glory
  • IanAtkinsIanAtkins Posts: 3
    just got off the phone with apple, they are aware of the issue and will contact kabam
  • SligSlig Posts: 328 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Pathetic that there has been no update

Also pathetic that they haven’t disabled aq and aw.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    Slig wrote: »
    Pathetic that there has been no update

Also pathetic that they haven’t disabled aq and aw.

They probably want to get every last penny they can out of AQ and AW before they go belly up.
    Device Model: iPhone 7
    Carrier: T-Mobile
    Wifi or Cellular Network: Both

Heats up, lags, freezes and phone restarts.
  • GrimmGrimm Posts: 119
    Guys. I notified Apple about this. Since its creating hardware damage, I don’t think this should be left only to Kabam.
    Hopefully they can help take measures to protect our hardware.
    Maybe if others do the same, we can get some action in solving this.
  • Unknown_UnkUnknown_Unk Posts: 4
    Device: iPhone 6S
    Carrier: ATT
    Wifi

My phone gets really hot, the game gets choppy and laggy. Eventually, the phone will restart. It was at it's worst during play in the first level of this month's uncollected event. Really hot. The screen dimmed and the phone started going very very slow. I had to quit the game. The whole phone began to run super slow. It was pretty bad.
  • RoninBRRoninBR Posts: 31
    People, you need to keep us updated with the overheating issue
    We need a feedback, we are not playing but you guys made a game where we need to play all day long (I do not like that, but it’s the game.
    You need to do something.
    It’s 5 days since launch of v19.0
    You did **** with AQ
    Rollback this update
    Test the new version
    And give us, at first, respect
    Then give us daily feedbacks
    At last give really good rewards
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    9qcdtk18n2jk.gif

@kabam this is disappointing to the highest degree
  • Nick99237Nick99237 Posts: 1
    This game is overheating my phone and causing it to turn off thus I’m loosing battles and time that I would be playing arena to get units gold bcs and phc shards as well as try to place high to get featured characters. What is being done to fix the problem? And is Kabam putting out some type of compensation because the problem was caused by there update?
  • OiokieOiokie Posts: 0
    Hello, I really enjoy MCOC and I would hate to stop playing. I will tho if my phone battery is literally going to melt. If anyone's experiencing this and has a way to fix it and can let me know that would be awesome!
  • Tantan5Tantan5 Posts: 16
    Is there any insight on the iPhone issue. I’m not going to lie I enjoy playing the game but I haven’t really been able to run event or arenas... any information on this matter would be helpful.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    I just want the game fixed. I will eat the loss on this iPhone it’s my secondary device and not worth my time to seek restitution. I will not put my primary device at risk until this is 100% resolved. I’m very disappointed...ib3sszqrsk2a.jpeg
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148

Really are they ok?

:) Fun stuff right? I feel like the mods are like Fisher Stevens and Penn going bonkers at the end of Hackers...”come at me!”

Lol not sure I would call it fun though, must be a lot of stuff going on, and it seems like it's about to get worse.

Truth!
    They've waited too long to pull the game. As there has been new contents that ppl have finished and new champs it would be quite the effort for them to rollback and then when it's fixed give everyone their stuff back. They just need to put the game down for emergency maintenance and communicate from there.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all!

We've posted an update on the status of our investigation into this issue and will continue to provide updates in that announcement thread.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    Seriously, what will we miss out on? An event quest and a poor impersonation of rifts??!

At least we would be able to play the game for longer than 10 minutes! I’ve already missed 6 days of the event quest, arena, events, so just roll back and let us play, then re-introduce the update.

Allowing things to continue as normal seem shocking
This discussion has been closed.