**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The harsh truth about a beloved champ

NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
Lets all face it Blade is pretty overrated, people act like he can do so much on his own. When in reality he can't without his synergies his danger sense only activates against like 3 or 4 champs and even then this.countering isn't even reliable as he only lowers ability accuracy by 45%. His regen just has you ending up taking equal or more block damage when you try to use it in higher up content. His perfect block bleed is.pretty short, his l1 bleeds are longer but have average or maybe even below average damage, and his sp2 bleeds are really short. Yes he is good an all but lets face it he isnt the one man army people act like he is, he needs those Syngeries to be as good as he is actually perceived.

And before people go "I bet you don't actually have him" yes i do as a 5* Duped and at r2. Just waiting on the current elusive t4 skill cats to rank him to r3.

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    He's great because his sp2 wrecks havoc. Without synergy he maybe slightly less useful, but once danger sense activates, the fights become super easy.

He's special because he counters mystics, which was a long standing problem.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    This thread made me laugh. Don't worry, they are not gonna nerf it, not now with all they problems they have :D
  • Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    He’s good but not my favourite. My fav would have to go to quake
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    I have him in r4 and he is a beast ofcourse with his synergy, a synergy actually really good, a lot newer champs like imiw,wasp,massacre for example have decent synegy.

but where he shines is when I used him to 100% act v and in aw attack, the synergy just to good,

people just complain because they see him all the time and he shines really good in aw attack,with ghost riders who has godlike utility and starky who is also has some of the best utility in the game.

If only AW defense synergy works then things will get even better.
    we need more champs synergy like this, Wasp just came out but most of synergy are defensive/utility but its not like we use yj/antman anywhere in the game. Wasp seems like abeast defensive champion but aw defensive synergy doesn't even work.
  • DERPYREVENGERDERPYREVENGER Posts: 265
    (I have him sig 70, rank 5 as a four star).

I think he is a decent damage dealer (but no match for sparky, medusa or void without danger sense.)
    He can counter some annoying champs (Dorms and Magik without the synergy, Void or mephisto with the synergy)
    I don't think that he relies on the synergy, since most annoying defenders that are villains are dimensional beings.

But the reason that I really love him is because he saves me so many revives/health pots with his regen. I think even as a four star, he is the best burst-regen champ in the game. (Even better than Wolverine, because wolverine needs a lot of power to heal a lot and needs to proc it, while blade can do a few combos and hold block to heal.)

• TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    You also have to keep in mind, that it's also the champs that his danger sense DOES work against that are part of what make him valuable. Before blade, there was really no way to counter things like say dormammu's degeneration, mephistos aura, magiks limbo. At least, not as reliably as blade with his synergies.

At the time of his release, he was definitely worth all the hype. He was an answer to so much of the unavoidable damage and BS abilities that had been thrown out in the game. And at the time, he dominated the war meta because he blew through a lot of the most commom defenders that were being used. He was also a valuable questing champ (and still is imo) especially with the trinity synergy because you will come up against a lot of opponents were danger sense will be very valuable. Plus his regeneration makes him a sustainable champ,and his bleed isn't anything to scoff at either.

Now, since he came around, there have been more champs released/that are now available in basic crystals that blade doesn't necessarily counter, perhaps making him seem a little less valuable than he used to be. But don't sleep on him, there are certainly many scenarios in the current state of the game that make him a very desirable champ.

Just my two cents.

Edit: spelling errors and clarity.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Blade is only used for specific fights on my AW team. He is mostly there to provide SS the 3 poise charges. Its pretty much SS, SS, Void, SS, Void, Void, SS/Void.

That said, he isn't overrated. Maybe when you r4/r5 him you'd see his full potential
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    You missed out his power gain whilst next to a bleeding opponent..
    I find that makes him very useful a few stacks of bleed has him gaining power at the same rate as hyperion..
    All in all he's a great champ but slightly over hyped..
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    I don't like all the hype built up to him, but when I got my 5* Blade and managed to rank him to R4, even undupped, he MADE HUGE DIFFERENCE in my fights. I didn't even bring my GR as I don't like to use GR. At most I only bring my Starky along. Even without starky, he can still do some great damage. I can only image the sustainability from regen once I get my 5* Blade awakened.

When I got him, he became a GAME CHANGER for me. Fights that are previously taking much longer, more tedious, suddenly became so easy and became child's play. Does it mean no need for skill? No, I don't mean that. I just mean he RELEASES me to move forward to face even tougher challenges at higher level.

I will NOT hesitate to rank my 5* Blade to R5/65 as soon as I get all the necessary resources. However, he is not the one single answer to everything. Nobody is in mcoc. So eventually I'll still need to build up my Medusa, Quake, Hela or Proxima Midnight, Void, etc, each for diff usage and diff purpose.

p/s: I still like my 5* medusa, my quake, my SW, my Magik, my X23, etc etc ... but blade is a significant game changer for me.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    My two R5 5*s are Spark and Blade, with Void to come in 3 months. If I had to pick two champs to R5 again, from all those available in the game, I'd pick the same two again.
  • RedBaron99RedBaron99 Posts: 45
    edited July 2018
    My mantra for this game is almost always to chase and focus on utility and regeneration champions - nothing irritates me more than having to use items because of unavoidable (and I include all the lag, bugs and nonsense in the game in this) or chip damage, so for me, Blade is one of the best champs around if you play him correctly, synergy or no synergy - I put Rogue in this category too, along with Red Hulk, Ghost Rider and a couple of others. They let you recover.

Terms like "best champ in game" and "over-hyped" are thrown around far too freely, as beyond personal preference, a lot of champions are situational. For instance, Star Lord as we know is an incredible champion that rewards skill with immense damage - for long fights against opponents with very high health, he is probably the best champion in the game (nodes aside). But throw in something that poisons him or makes him bleed (or that awful Electro in LoL), and suddenly he's not so great.

As Kabam find new and exciting ways of creating challenging content, you're going to need a varied roster to deal with it, and will have to sub in and out certain champions for certain synergies. AW is already going this way with some of the new nodes, and story content and AQ has been like it for a quite a while.

No champion is a deus ex machina, so stop putting them on pedestals; you'll be less angry when Kabam 'fixes' them and knocks them off.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Lets all face it Blade is pretty overrated, people act like he can do so much on his own. When in reality he can't without his synergies his danger sense only activates against like 3 or 4 champs and even then this.countering isn't even reliable as he only lowers ability accuracy by 45%. His regen just has you ending up taking equal or more block damage when you try to use it in higher up content. His perfect block bleed is.pretty short, his l1 bleeds are longer but have average or maybe even below average damage, and his sp2 bleeds are really short. Yes he is good an all but lets face it he isnt the one man army people act like he is, he needs those Syngeries to be as good as he is actually perceived.

And before people go "I bet you don't actually have him" yes i do as a 5* Duped and at r2. Just waiting on the current elusive t4 skill cats to rank him to r3.

Looks like deadpool has gotten a kabam account to repeat what he said in June's EQ🤣
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    He is a pretty good champion. Even without the synergies.
    He may not be the best in the game, but let's admit, no one is. That was just your opinion on him, it doesn't mean everyone shares the same opinion as you.
    I personally think his bleed damage is above average, specially with deep wounds since he benefits a lot from it. His danger sense is helpful to end fights quickly, and the ability accuracy reduction works during the whole fight without needing to do anything to trigger it.
  • St333lllSt333lll Posts: 278
    Have his 4 star. I'm not too impressed yet. His Regen is nothing like Wolverines or even X-23. Because it takes from his power and then caps at 70%. There's been tons of matches where I'm able to kill a Blade without even realizing it's him. His danger sense has worked once against a champ of mine and even then it worked maybe twice.

I only have Ghost Rider to Synergize with him but even then it's not always a good fight.
  • Nath_AdamNath_Adam Posts: 13
    whos blade?... I take my trash champ in every event n it work fine... thanks kabam
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    He helped me obliterate Act 5 so I'll always love him!
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Blade was the answer to Mystic wars, he ended it. That's why he is so praised. Then came GHulk, and then came defenders that were strong/broken without Mystic Dispersion. He was definitely #1, but with the new defenders coming in, the meta is shifting. Besides, it's not just Blade alone. It's Spark together with Blade that destroy everything, and then there's Ghost Rider to top it all off. The 3 of them can basically fight any threat. Blade may be losing it's place in the meta, but Spark never will.

That being said, Blade still destroys all Mystics and Villains. Blade is still hella strong, even without his DS he has a really good heal. There's a reason people go through LOL cheaply with Blade, even when he doesn't have DS against most of the champs.
  • Charlie_SceneCharlie_Scene Posts: 44
    edited July 2018

Some [Removed by Moderation] are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Some [Removed by Moderation] are always trying to ice-skate uphill
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    everybody knows that, what's really the point in this?
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    everybody knows that, what's really the point in this?

To talk about how he isn't all great by himself like people make him out to be.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Noob2435 wrote: »

I never understood why people called him the best, I personally take in medusa and stark way more than I do him. Those are my two favorite champs by the way I could take them anywhere and they would do great. 3rd is iceman.

Medusa and SS against Dorm? I’m sure you’ll try to make seem like they’re viable, but they’re really not.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

I never understood why people called him the best, I personally take in medusa and stark way more than I do him. Those are my two favorite champs by the way I could take them anywhere and they would do great. 3rd is iceman.

Medusa and SS against Dorm? I’m sure you’ll try to make seem like they’re viable, but they’re really not.

Calm down bladelover101, I wasn't calling blade a bad champ. I was giving my opinion on who I like more. And I'm guessing you're talking about a dorm boss? When I said I could take them anywhere I ment in pretty much any game mode, AW defense, offense, quests and so on.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

Calm down bladelover101, I wasn't calling blade a bad champ. I was giving my opinion on who I like more. And I'm guessing you're talking about a dorm boss? When I said I could take them anywhere I ment in pretty much any game mode, AW defense, offense, quests and so on.

Lol why are you telling me to calm down? I’m not a Blade lover I just pointed out one instance in which both of those champs aren’t viable. I’ve heard plenty of people using Magik for Dorm and I use Cap myself against him. Don’t know why you got so worked up. It’s only a game man
This discussion has been closed.