**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Not your average rank down ticket thread

I propose that @Kabam makes rank down tickets available in the store but...

- Limit 1 of each star
- 6 month reset timer
- 500 unit cost x Star (e.g 4* 2000 units)

Alot changes in our game within 6 months from new champs to AW changes and I personally think that this will better allow every player to adapt to said changes whilst maintaining the integrity of the game, this would also encourage more arena grinding and maybe even put a little more money into kabams pockets whilst not putting the whales at a massive advantage, its a win win situation.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    RDT's are not for the change in META. They are for major changes to champs resulting in changed abilities not coming from bug fixes.
  • 1TapTakeANap1TapTakeANap Posts: 60
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    RDT's are not for the change in META. They are for major changes to champs resulting in changed abilities not coming from bug fixes.

Did you think they werent warrented when diversity was announced to be removed? 80% of the community did and that isnt a champ change
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Nope, they weren't. I don't have a single champion ranked up that I would rank down. I have an alliance that works together. We don't force anyone to rank "trash" champs for diversity. There are plenty of good defenders out there. You should never be forced to rank a champ for diversity. If your alliance makes, you leave them for a better one.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Did you think they werent warrented when diversity was announced to be removed? 80% of the community did and that isnt a champ change

then community thinks rank down tickets are warranted no matter what happens because people want to undo bad rank up choices
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 167
    Most rank down ticket threads deserve a rank down.
  • WWIDBWWIDB Posts: 44
    edited July 2018
    Purveyor wrote: »
    I personally think I deserve a rank down ticket for the drax nerf. But quite frankly with all that is happening we deserve a rank down ticket, just because. Just being real. This last three weeks has been incomprehensible. Kabam PR is in a free fall. They really need to extend an olive branch in a major way.

Anyone who ranked Drax only because of his ability to bypass Mordos astral evade, even though it was never part of his abilities should quit **** about rank down tickets. Drax was never actually nerfed, they never changed his abilites; just a hidden bug that was never resolved for some reason... **** should’ve be resolved while Mordo was AQ miniboss
    Same with AA... yall read the champions abilities and know the “changes” weren’t in their descriptions and you still chose to rank them. These hidden abilities flew under the radar for far too long as it was, and yall expect compensation? Pleassssse, yall need to make better decisions and learn how to play better
    No, you do not deserve a rank down ticket. Now quit askin for them

Especially this guy... you really think we should grt rank down tickets just cause? There’s no reason for them to be given because they didn’t change how specific champions are SUPPOSED to work... so chilll and give it up
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    WWIDB wrote: »
    I personally think I deserve a rank down ticket for the drax nerf. But quite frankly with all that is happening we deserve a rank down ticket, just because. Just being real. This last three weeks has been incomprehensible. Kabam PR is in a free fall. They really need to extend an olive branch in a major way.

Anyone who ranked Drax only because of his ability to bypass Mordos astral evade, even though it was never part of his abilities should quit **** about rank down tickets. Drax was never actually nerfed, they never changed his abilites; just a hidden bug that was never resolved for some reason... **** should’ve be resolved while Mordo was AQ miniboss
    Same with AA... yall read the champions abilities and know the “changes” weren’t in their descriptions and you still chose to rank them. These hidden abilities flew under the radar for far too long as it was, and yall expect compensation? Pleassssse, yall need to make better decisions and learn how to play better

Especially this guy... you really think we should grt rank down tickets just cause? There’s no reason for them to be given because they didn’t change how specific champions are SUPPOSED to work... so chilll and give it up

No actually I would want rank down ticket because they did change Drax. He now slides backwards putting his second hit out of reach of all auto evade champs.

That is either a bug or change to Drax since it's not described anywhere he slides backwards when using his medium hit and since they "fixed" him, he does.
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    This is exactly an average rank down ticket thread.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    WWIDB wrote: »

I do remember seeing responses like this right before Kabam issued rank down tickets last time. You just never know man. Also, you must know that Kabam isn't well known for their accurate ability descriptions. They just aren't.
    Very little is clear about most champ abilities including all the nuances. They are inconsistent across the boards and really could use some clarity.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    I propose that @Kabam makes rank down tickets available in the store but...

- Limit 1 of each star
    - 6 month reset timer
    - 500 unit cost x Star (e.g 4* 2000 units)

Alot changes in our game within 6 months from new champs to AW changes and I personally think that this will better allow every player to adapt to said changes whilst maintaining the integrity of the game, this would also encourage more arena grinding and maybe even put a little more money into kabams pockets whilst not putting the whales at a massive advantage, its a win win situation.

Part of what the game developers consider "the integrity of the game" is the idea that players should not be able to spend the same rank up materials twice. There are a lot of good reasons for this idea that exist across many similar games, but the two most fundamental reasons are that allowing players to respend rank up materials devalues the effort that goes into acquiring them in the future, and it allows players who acquire them in the first place to keep transferring them into newer champions over and over again, which increases the advantage older players have over newer ones.

Players can "yes, but" these reasons all they want, but at the end of the day unless they actually convince *the devs* to abandon them, any argument advocating for RDTs is simply going to fail.