**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW New node 30

Comments

• VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    For those asking what attacker counters a 4/55 Dusa on 30 ... I hear 5/65 Morningstar with 5 souls works pretty well [ @danielmath ]
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Like I said before, leave it as is for tiers 1-3. For the whales it's a challenge. For people down in the gold tiers this is brutal.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I would send someone at that node with a 455 magik if it’s hyperion and play magik style (u can test that that works in 5.2.4 masochism chapter—rogue miniboss).

If its Medusa, someone with a Morningstar, or maybe a magik. She’s harder for magik bc of her furies. But magik can also use an l3 to deal a lot of damage on them. Play her like she’s stun immune. Keep Medusa on the wall by hitting her when she’s blocking and baiting out her l1. Very hard fight, I don’t deny that. Using Morningstar would be an easier fight there I assume.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    For those asking what attacker counters a 4/55 Dusa on 30 ... I hear 5/65 Morningstar with 5 souls works pretty well [ @danielmath ]

lol she sure does, but don't get hit!
    TheKiryu wrote: »
    It isn’t bad.

And yes. Days of taking in trinity and being able to steamroll that path are over, how ever by no means the node is the *big issue* here.

It’s the players who do all the same tricks and head in aw without planning just cause they have been relaying on same champs for everything.

Ppl who know me, know that almost every thread I open gets deleted eventually, because I give Kabam a lot of grief, however this node isn’t something to rip your hairs out.

Instead of complaining and crying, community should be opening threads asking for advice on how to clear it.
    Video or it didn't happen.
    Lol I generally don’t record but sure, if I happen to go there next war I’ll record especially for u, smh

Lol, isn't it funny that all these people "usually never record"? hahahaha
    Alright, we will be waiting for your next video against a 5/65 Magik guy.

I wont be surprised if you never post it though.

Y wouldn’t a magik best a magik on this node?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Run477 wrote: »

U just need 3 souls. But that’s my assumption too that MS would walk through her there.

The biggest problem is that people just want to have the same assigned paths every war and expect to not have to think. War is not aq. There should be some kind of strategy. It doesn’t take a ton of skill to run through 4* r5s and 5* r3s on easy nodes with 5* r5 blade or spark. Same thing happened with people who relied on scarlet witch and thor pre-nerf. All of a sudden they had to learn to fight and it was terrible for them.

Ya 3 souls would be enough because a 4/55 has so little health she'll die super quick. Against a 5/65 even the block damage is really rough so 4 souls helps
  • LittleYinYinLittleYinYin Posts: 69
    Ok in my experience most champions can be taken down by large magik. Vs hype you might want start with power 1 boost. Vs dusa play with heavy counters and use l3 only is what would work best on paper. Perhaps putting on suicides is viable way to increase damage and take em down

Boosts obviously advisable.

Domino was easy with starlord just need to fight with no parry , learn to intercept and manage her power bar well, don’t use l2, just l1 in order not to trigger masochism. That is about it I think.

Not every F2P player can spend full boost + reset suicides mastery unit for each war.

• MagiknightMagiknight Posts: 12
    Saiyan wrote: »
    So is the problem people are complaining they can’t drop it with their 565 blade or 565 spark? That’s different from the node being too hard.

No it's the node itself being to hard. Who would you bring to counter a 4/55 Hyperion on that node or 4/55 Medusa? At least you can bring Quake to deal with a Magik and if you play right.

Masochism breaks Quakes legs.
    The "solutions" being presented are a very specific set of high rank 5* champs. Again, alliances down in gold 2 can't just tee up a 4/55 Morningstar. There should always be good and bad matchups for a node. If a node is flat out impossible without one of a very few champs at 5*, awakened, r4... that's a problem.
    Magiknight wrote: »
    So is the problem people are complaining they can’t drop it with their 565 blade or 565 spark? That’s different from the node being too hard.

No it's the node itself being to hard. Who would you bring to counter a 4/55 Hyperion on that node or 4/55 Medusa? At least you can bring Quake to deal with a Magik and if you play right.

Magiknight wrote: »

I agree here. I have a 455 quake and I have always found her to be a liability in war bc of limber mastery and mystic dispersion. Masochism would be even worse.
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Ok in my experience most champions can be taken down by large magik. Vs hype you might want start with power 1 boost. Vs dusa play with heavy counters and use l3 only is what would work best on paper. Perhaps putting on suicides is viable way to increase damage and take em down

Boosts obviously advisable.

Domino was easy with starlord just need to fight with no parry , learn to intercept and manage her power bar well, don’t use l2, just l1 in order not to trigger masochism. That is about it I think.

Not every F2P player can spend full boost + reset suicides mastery unit for each war.

Not saying u must , said it helps
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Menkent wrote: »
    The "solutions" being presented are a very specific set of high rank 5* champs. Again, alliances down in gold 2 can't just tee up a 4/55 Morningstar. There should always be good and bad matchups for a node. If a node is flat out impossible without one of a very few champs at 5*, awakened, r4... that's a problem.

But aren't the defender also less powerful (not ranked as high) than what is found in T1 T2? The game scales accordingly. Or are you facing r4, high sig medusas at that level?
  • RJ03RJ03 Posts: 67
    It isn’t bad.

And yes. Days of taking in trinity and being able to steamroll that path are over, how ever by no means the node is the *big issue* here.

It’s the players who do all the same tricks and head in aw without planning just cause they have been relaying on same champs for everything.

Ppl who know me, know that almost every thread I open gets deleted eventually, because I give Kabam a lot of grief, however this node isn’t something to rip your hairs out.

Instead of complaining and crying, community should be opening threads asking for advice on how to clear it.

Video or it didnt happen

Lol I generally don’t record but sure, if I happen to go there next war I’ll record especially for u, smh

i will wait for it lol
  • RJ03RJ03 Posts: 67
    Keonex wrote: »
    people are having no issues 100% this new map, so this node is perfect as it is.

yeah right... wasting a lot of stuff.. but let the season starts and you will see more people rage about this node... just wait and see...
    Raganator wrote: »
    But aren't the defender also less powerful (not ranked as high) than what is found in T1 T2? The game scales accordingly. Or are you facing r4, high sig medusas at that level?

On average, yes. But when there's one crazy node that can cut off exploration of about 1/6 of the map that's where anyone with half a brain will dump the r4 hype or Medusa in their group. I'm gold 1 and in our last war my 4/55/23 Medusa shut a guy down cold. Three kills and took MAYBE 10% damage. They didn't even bother reviving.

Now, part of this is strategic. Knowing this node is more difficult than the rest of the map and an important link we can effectively just ignore path 5. Sacrifice a few nodes to send someone in specifically to counter that one node. But what's the fun in that?
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Are there health nodes added to this? I can definitely see SL doing some work here.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Boss man!
    Keonex wrote: »
    people are having no issues 100% this new map, so this node is perfect as it is.

Are gold 2 allies facing 455 and 565 Medusa’s? Does node 30 at that tier have the souped up masochism?
    Raganator wrote: »

On average, yes. But when there's one crazy node that can cut off exploration of about 1/6 of the map that's where anyone with half a brain will dump the r4 hype or Medusa in their group. I'm gold 1 and in our last war my 4/55/23 Medusa shut a guy down cold. Three kills and took MAYBE 10% damage. They didn't even bother reviving.

Now, part of this is strategic. Knowing this node is more difficult than the rest of the map and an important link we can effectively just ignore path 5. Sacrifice a few nodes to send someone in specifically to counter that one node. But what's the fun in that?

Ummm...I would think the fun would be winning...
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    danielmath wrote: »

U just need 3 souls. But that’s my assumption too that MS would walk through her there.

The biggest problem is that people just want to have the same assigned paths every war and expect to not have to think. War is not aq. There should be some kind of strategy. It doesn’t take a ton of skill to run through 4* r5s and 5* r3s on easy nodes with 5* r5 blade or spark. Same thing happened with people who relied on scarlet witch and thor pre-nerf. All of a sudden they had to learn to fight and it was terrible for them.

Ya 3 souls would be enough because a 4/55 has so little health she'll die super quick. Against a 5/65 even the block damage is really rough so 4 souls helps

Until people wise up and only leave a defender or 2 on paths 7,8,9 so you can’t build souls...
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    VTA92 wrote: »
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Fizzle0172 wrote: »
    I’m in gold1 and didn’t die the whole aw season 2
    I use 5/65 blade 4/55 sparky and 4star GR to clear path 5.
    So today I encountered Magik 4/55 on that node with MD5 and she just destroyed my blade and sparky like it was nothing due to cornered her triggering limbo more then often and masochism it was just a BS fight it looks like they designed the node to counter blade and Archangel.
    So today I also decided to also quit the game it’s just not fun anymore for me as F2P

If you can't kill a Magik with a Blade you have bigger issues. Hint: don't parry or use specials on a cornered node

Cornered isn’t the only problem. The amplified limbo based on the aspect of evolution is the problem. Danger sense can only prevent so much. When that limbo does trigger you are screwed. Limbo melted my 5/65 Blade. Didn’t take one hit, never made her bleed. Reminiscent of Magik war boss before Blade. Just limbo’d to death. This is tier 2 AW as well.

Hyperion is a whole different type of Mfer on that node.

If Blade is not the answer to Magik in this node, you should try Hulk Ragnarok. I think he could work.
  • Run477 wrote: »
    It isn’t bad.

Video or it didn't happen.

Lol, isn't it funny that all these people "usually never record"? hahahaha
    Alright, we will be waiting for your next video against a 5/65 Magik guy.

I wont be surprised if you never post it though.

I'll come looking for your video tomorrow
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

For the same reason a Magik wouldn’t be good against Hyperion.
    edited July 2018
    Masochism makes it tricky. You basically need to parry to trigger the masochism then immediately hit the power lock... but now you've healed them. Much harder than normal.