**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Hey All,

I have a minor update for you all. Unfortunately, it is not "the cure". It looks like the worst offenders in this thread are all iOS Devices on iOS 11.4. iOS 11.4 has a known issue with Battery Drain, and there might be something in game that is exacerbating this. We believe we may have found some of the causes of this problem, and are currently pursuing fixes for them. We're still not 100% sure at this time, but believe that we are getting closer.

I know this isn't much information, but it's all we have right now. We'll let you know as soon as we have more information.

page 29 1st update
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    I play in short bursts, like 5 minute sessions, and that seems fine. But you can’t grind on arenas or 100% your quests, you’ll cook your device. Best case scenario, you degrade your device. Worst case, your battery swells and ruins your device completely. Swollen Li-Ion batteries are dangerous to your person.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Maybe if we crowdsource the most enticing incentive for Kabam to respond more often, maybe that'd help?

Who here cooks the best cookies?
  • BlooDPLBlooDPL Posts: 2
    I'm using iPhone 7+ iOS 11.4.1. I can't play. After 2 fights in AQ I can fry eggs on my phone 😡 😡 i told people in my alliance that I will not play game only log to claim calendar rewards crystals and eventually move in aq. Game play is terrible lags parry didn't work properly. I'm also have my old iphone 5 with iOS 10. And I checked how game will work on that device. I start game don't play just run game. Battery was39% and after 15 minutes 5% and phone was extremely hot.

I'm really expecting some nice compensation. Cause a lot of us loosing everything. I'm always grinding arena 3* 4* basic and 4* featured to hit all milestones. So now I cant play so imagine how many units BC and crystal shards im loosing. I don't wanna say anything about daily quests monthly quests. Time is running still no solution.
    I'm expecting in compensation some energy refills( atleast 15) units BC and crystals shards.
    BlooDPL wrote: »
    I'm using iPhone 7+ iOS 11.4.1. I can't play. After 2 fights in AQ I can fry eggs on my phone 😡 😡 i told people in my alliance that I will not play game only log to claim calendar rewards crystals and eventually move in aq. Game play is terrible lags parry didn't work properly. I'm also have my old iphone 5 with iOS 10. And I checked how game will work on that device. I start game don't play just run game. Battery was39% and after 15 minutes 5% and phone was extremely hot.

I'm really expecting some nice compensation. Cause a lot of us loosing everything. I'm always grinding arena 3* 4* basic and 4* featured to hit all milestones. So now I cant play so imagine how many units BC and crystal shards im loosing. I don't wanna say anything about daily quests monthly quests. Time is running still no solution.
    I'm expecting in compensation some energy refills( atleast 15) units BC and crystals shards.

just read this page
    tonyj007 wrote: »
    BlooDPL wrote: »

just read this page

maybe go back 2 or 3 pages
    Still reading other post, cant test anything with damage devices
    Be honest, you don't want us to play the game anymore do you? Cause what you're doing right now really makes me want to leave the game closed and play something else that works.

Don't respond if you mean 'yes'.

I am sorry, i do love this game, I have 2 phones , brought a iphone 7 to play this game. But its .kabam that has let down players and members. They have said nothing about the risk to devices This week i have not played because of this issue . I saw what could happen devices that could fail. I know children play this game, what do they know about over heating devices . birthday presents some of them. This problem is so serious, and still ongoing. No fix time. A suggestion that members try IOS 12 to play the game , no knowing if this would work on any IOS devices. seems to have made things worse for some members.

No real updates, worst offenders , no communication, i did think thats IOS 11.4.1 would help. but more overheating.

kabam now ask members for help, they need help but i am not sure what else we can do

only kabam can fix this problem, not us.

i am waiting for game to be fixed , i need basic T4 cats.

i do apologize, i do work in IT, hardware and operation . i just see the mistakes, it is part of my job. if you see something wrong, you tell someone. even if you are wrong. someone will say if I made a mistake, but if I am right i save the company money. I will try and not speak Ok

sorry again

i cant wait for game to be fixed, but cant afford to damage my phone. I have drooped to to a lower alliance to do only map 2 . No quest , 1 arena milestone . thats it. . Missed T4 last weekend,, will probably skip the next one. waiting for problem to fix before I play
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    Jskeete54 wrote: »
    @Beholder_V if you look at some of the photos you can clearly see that it’s not battery related. One photo has the separated screen on the wrong side of the phone. Top right corner. Let’s keep it real here. I have a legit battery isssue. False claims only make it harder for the real claims.
    I assume your calling my photo the fraud, here you go the other side the screen has separated too. You happy now. The heat warped/ expanding whatever. The phone is a brick now won’t charge or boot up. This was caused by the excessive heat from 19.0p2yxppeobqyy.jpeg

I didn’t notice the damage until I felt the heat and read about on this forum about the overheating issue. The phone was in an otter box defender so I couldn’t see the damage until I removed the case.
    It’s past warranty too, so I will get nothing for it. It’s a secondary device so not too heart broken as if my main was ruined. I expect nothing. I just come here to warn others and vent.
  • ChrisMMFChrisMMF Posts: 1
    Please fix this issue my phone is getting this overheat issue and also battery draining with this update.

iPhone 8+ iOS 11.4.1
    Wifi or Cellular Network
    Yes , can't say too much, This problem has made members toxic. Sudden fits of angry..I have done this in my post,

• Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    Post pics with a timestamp. That ought to dispel a fair amount of doubt.
    edited July 2018
    How do I add a time stamp? I would be more than happy to. My device I took the pic with is also an Apple.
    I think people have a right to be furious. Kabam isn't even trying to communicate or be transparent. They have lied to us about that. I know they may not have anything new to say, but part of the purpose of 'regular' updates is conveying the fact that this is being taken seriously and to provide reassurance to the community. That is not a lot to ask for. That isn't even something we should have to ask for. IMO the only thing that keeps KABAM alive as a company is the license they have for Marvel. I would never have anything to do with them again if I ever quit this game. I already warn anybody who looks at MCOC or TFTF to stay away from KABAM. I've never seen a company so frequently at odds with their community and they don't even seem to care. They outright lie about being more communicative and straight up ignore valid concerns. Like issuing an in game warning for instance. That alone says they don't care about the players.
  • Nikos72Nikos72 Posts: 12
    edited July 2018
    In the last 20 hours the overheating problem still exist but is not so intense as before. I can play now for some minutes before the phone gets real hot.
    If you managed to make any changes they were at the right direction ...
    If a device shuts down its a warning that something is wrong. It might not boot up, You just don't know. How many times must a device shut down before it fails to restart. Overheating on any electronics devices cannot be good .

Not sure how nuscch damage to overheating , then a sudden drop in temperature with shut down, then overheating when you restart game to play

For each devices has dififrent tolrance for each player

Not safe. Play at your own risk, your device is in jeopardy.
    My mother says don't lie, it's really going to hurt, Be honest LOL
  • Nikos72Nikos72 Posts: 12
    @tonyj007 I really cannot understand at what can help us to repeat the same post twenty or more times
    Don't damage your device, when you say you play and the game and its Ok, The game is is not fixed, it works for you, but for another members with a damaged device. it is not safe.
    edited July 2018
    NEO wrote: »
    How do I add a time stamp? I would be more than happy to. My device I took the pic with is also an Apple.

Take a piece of paper, write the date/time and anything else that specifies the purpose of the pic, like "results of MCOC overheating" and put it in the frame with the phone when you take the pic.
    It's kinda like taking a picture with the days newspaper. It shows that the pic wasn't taken in the past (unless someone had some EXTREME foresight) and that its actually you taking the pic.
    Nikos72 wrote: »
    I just sent a comment to the suppport team with status update. The game isn’t fixed that’s for sure.
    I say that now I can play for some more time before it gets really warm. And this is for me, my personal experience. For sure not for everyone. And I still have a problem. I have to quit from time to time before the phone become hot. But just not so often as yesterday and the days before ...
    If we really want to help them solve this problem we have to provide them with any serious status update we have.
    If not, then quit the game and don’t bother to play anymore...

OK
    You can see in my pic how the black piece is pushing out the screen
    I honestly don’t even feel safe keeping this in my house with my children. I’m about to go chuck in the lake where it’s not a fire hazard.
  • SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 341 ★★★
    NEO wrote: »
    I honestly don’t even feel safe keeping this in my house with my children. I’m about to go chuck in the lake where it’s not a fire hazard.

As long as the battery is drained and you’re not trying to charge it, it’s not a fire hazard.
  • I can't get past 5-7 Arena fights (15 to 21 individual fights) without phone getting too hot. The phone will restart, which has NEVER happened before. When the phone is hot, the game will run slower, I am unable to switch to another app or famed, and I am unable to take a screen shot.

I have to exit put of the game and wait 5 mins or so before my phone cools down enough for me to continue my Arena Grind. Phone gets too hot after playing quests, scouting AW path, or even leveling up Champs. I even left it on the home screen, did not play or do ANYTHING, and the phone still got hot.

OS - iOS 11.4.1
    Device Model - iPhone 7+
    Carrier - Verizon Wireless
    Wifi or Cellular Network - WiFi
This discussion has been closed.