New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

1626365676887

Comments

  • EllJClarkEllJClark Posts: 16
    *heat, not beat.
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    im going to start bu saying i had 2 issues from the 19.0 update, 1 my device (iphone8+) was over heating after 20 mins in game. 2) parry, evade, dashing back, and block disnt work often enough to get through endgame content without eating a combo or 2. My issues have been solved as far as i can tell by downloading apples 12.0 public beta. so heres on obvious suggestion to kabam going forward. RELEASE UPDATES WITH SOFTWARE TO COINCIDE WITH APPLE OR ANDROIDS RELEASE DATE. these issues all couldve been avoided if kabam waited until ios12 went live and released theyre 19.0 or a week after just to troubleshoot. the fact that nobody at kabam forsaw issues with releasing an update for software before the ios update was out is par for the course here at kabam. however im more about offering solutions than finger pointing though ill do both here. again kabam please wait till ios or androids updates are actually out before releasing your update that goes with said android or ios update. simple fix....
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    @Kabam Miike Seriously. How about some of that communication you keep promising us?
  • chrissbjordannchrissbjordann Posts: 121
    dvmnjeh5ynpi.png


    I don’t usually keep track of how much battery percentage the game takes up but with all the issues and overheating I figured I’d take a look. My phone has been overheating but once it does I quit the game for fear of harming my battery. My question is does 49% usage seem normal for only 1.7 hrs of on screen time? It seems high to me but like I said I’ve never looked and don’t keep track. Hopefully someone out there has looked before and knows how much battery the game actually uses and could give me some feedback. Thanks.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,882 ★★★★
    Holy **** how long is this going to last. This is ridiculous. Not sure what the problem is with Kabam. There's no reason not to give updates every once in a while. They should be giving them at least twice a day even if you don't have much to report. Treat your customers with some damn respect.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 353 ★★
    edited July 2018
    @chrissbjordann There is nothing unusual there. If you play the game a lot it will always be really high. Mine is usually around 80% :-)

    That is not to say everything is working fine. Only that that particular stat isn’t suspicious...
  • Kal_El3652Kal_El3652 Posts: 22
    edited July 2018
    @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike @Kabam Spice @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Valkyrie @Kabam Ahab I know you guys are knee deep in this Beta Testing but any update would be appreciated. Even if there is a small amount of good news, bad news or even NO news. I am sure that people would also appreciate the OPEN COMMUNICATION that was previously promised. A lot of people spend a lot of money on YOUR product(s) and your product has been attributed to affecting many people phones/tablets. Please, Please, Please provide updates as to how the Beta Testing is going and some type of timeline as when this will be resolved!
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    Kal_El3652 wrote: »
    @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike @Kabam Spice @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Valkyrie @Kabam Ahab I know you guys are knee deep in this Beta Testing but any update would be appreciated. Even if there is a small amount of good news, bad news or even NO news. I am sure that people would also appreciate the OPEN COMMUNICATION that was previously promised. A lot of people spend a lot of money on YOUR product(s) and your product has been attributed to affecting many people phones/tablets. Please, Please, Please provide updates as to how the Beta Testing is going and some type of timeline as when this will be resolved!

    I agree. I hvnt been on the forums lately because of aggravation. Has there been any update? I’m guessing no

  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    I am ALL for open communication, but they do have to be careful with what they put out. If they put out information that people misinterpret as a possible resolution and start following it, then those people will hold Kabam responsible if it doesn't work or even makes things worse. Kind of a Catch 22 situation. The last update Miike put out was that they think they have narrowed down the specific combination of OS and game version that causes the overheating issue, which of all the current issues is by FAR the most important, so that's probably what the devs are focusing on right now. I wouldn't expect any meaningful update on that topic until they have a fix ready to deploy.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 968 ★★★★
    Beholder_V wrote: »
    I am ALL for open communication, but they do have to be careful with what they put out. If they put out information that people misinterpret as a possible resolution and start following it, then those people will hold Kabam responsible if it doesn't work or even makes things worse. Kind of a Catch 22 situation. The last update Miike put out was that they think they have narrowed down the specific combination of OS and game version that causes the overheating issue, which of all the current issues is by FAR the most important, so that's probably what the devs are focusing on right now. I wouldn't expect any meaningful update on that topic until they have a fix ready to deploy.

    Except that's bull **** because different OS versions experience the same symptoms.

    Kabam always wants to throw shade at everything else but their app, so they point to your device, your network, your OS... it's just BS

    I'll make it real simple. NO ONE had these overheating issues before 19.0. People on iOS 11.4 had NO issues before 19.0.

    ALMOST ALL iOS users are experiencing overheat issues now. iOS 10, 11, and even 12.

    The issue is 100% MCOC and not Apple. The sooner they "own it" the sooner it will be fixed.
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    I'm not sure you have all the data straight man. They have acknowledged that their code is causing the problem. What they reported on is a stage of troubleshooting. The OS isn't the problem, it's an interaction between the OS and the game code, just like 90% of all bugs. Maybe I picked up on that better because I work in this field for a living, but I thought that was clear. If you've seen my other posts, you'd know I'm no Kabam apologist, but at this point they're pretty much stuck in a holding pattern until there's actually something verifiably concrete to report.
  • Kal_El3652Kal_El3652 Posts: 22
    Beholder_V wrote: »
    I'm not sure you have all the data straight man. They have acknowledged that their code is causing the problem. What they reported on is a stage of troubleshooting. The OS isn't the problem, it's an interaction between the OS and the game code, just like 90% of all bugs. Maybe I picked up on that better because I work in this field for a living, but I thought that was clear. If you've seen my other posts, you'd know I'm no Kabam apologist, but at this point they're pretty much stuck in a holding pattern until there's actually something verifiably concrete to report.

    I understand what you are saying 100%! However, I was running an older version of my iOS and my phone started overheating and shutting down, not thinking that the issue was the game I decided to upgrade to 11.4.1 and the issue was still happening. What we are looking for is saying “hey we are still working on the issue” or “we think we have identified a possible cause of the issue”... SOMETHING! Radio silence is worse than anything else.
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    Ya, a reassuring "Hey, troubleshooting is progressing" message would be nice. They are notably quiet in times like this.
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 181
    I dont know if its affecting my phone but the overheating and lagging is getting worse, I cant even do 2 fights now without missing parries or evading due to the lag.

    I hope this gets fixed soon. I know you guys are really working for and its appreciated.

    Just venting. sorry
  • Kal_El3652Kal_El3652 Posts: 22
    Alex_sc11 wrote: »
    I dont know if its affecting my phone but the overheating and lagging is getting worse, I cant even do 2 fights now without missing parries or evading due to the lag.

    I hope this gets fixed soon. I know you guys are really working for and its appreciated.

    Just venting. sorry

    If it’s overheating then it’s damaging your battery/phone!
  • Hi all I have same issue my phone overheating lot lot my phone got dammaged my touch screen have Been damaged by heat and no more working I send my phone to repair shop to see if they can repair it my phone is Sony Xperia z5 premium android
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,381 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    It’s been what, a week or so since al of these reports began surfacing that the latest update is frying everyone’s phones? Is legal telling the mods to keep quiet bc they are worried about lawsuits now? It is crazy to me that kabam hasn’t figured out what is causing our phones to be fried at this point.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    It’s been what, a week or so since al of these reports began surfacing that the latest update is frying everyone’s phones? Is legal telling the mods to keep quiet bc they are worried about lawsuits now? It is crazy to me that kabam hasn’t figured out what is causing our phones to be fried at this point.

    There is an ongoing beta test with an associated thread. RIF.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,381 ★★★
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Run477 wrote: »
    It’s been what, a week or so since al of these reports began surfacing that the latest update is frying everyone’s phones? Is legal telling the mods to keep quiet bc they are worried about lawsuits now? It is crazy to me that kabam hasn’t figured out what is causing our phones to be fried at this point.

    There is an ongoing beta test with an associated thread. RIF.

    So in a month after phones are fried there might be a solution?
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 910 ★★★
    Android on Samsung Galaxy S7 still working fine here
  • DaveampDaveamp Posts: 2
    iPhone 6
    Verizon and WiFi
    Over heating, lagging, killing battery. Screen blinking black
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    Android on Samsung Galaxy S7 still working fine here

    Android phone also have power drains , but does not have the same impact as IOS devices. This will reduce your battery life. When you leave the make sure game is not running in the background

    Just play safe
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,131 ★★★★
    Device: Ipod Touch 6
    OS 12.0
    While in Arena the game goes into a infinite loading time screen then reboots my device
  • CharlesatpCharlesatp Posts: 6
    Hi @kabam pls provide update. Its been a week now and i cant even play my game for more than 20mins! I got some 20% boost that is expiring, and i want to finish up story quest. But with this situation, I really cant. Will you replace my 20% boost if i let it expire?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 6,420 ★★★★★
    Beta test thread has most recent update to my knowledge.

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/81266/ios-beta-test-volunteers-needed#latest

    Dr. Zola
  • Dhorne61Dhorne61 Posts: 94
    Arena is causing iphone to overheat. All other parts of game seem to work as intended @Kabam Miike hopefully this might help narrow problem
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 353 ★★
    One of the major changes with 19.0 was no longer supporting iOS 7. I wonder if there was something in the support for iOS 7 that was “stabilizing” The game to a certain extent. Excess heat and battery drain has slowly been getting worse for awhile. Even before the 19.0 update playing for extended periods of time with my phone plugged in was lagging the game. So I wonder if whatever they took out that was supporting iOS 7 just sort of exacerbated a growing problem and made it glaringly obvious…?
This discussion has been closed.