**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is there so much hatred towards spenders on this game?

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
I recently posted asking what the community thought about my top champs and got a lot of hateful response.

So I spend some money on this game and I’m suddenly a bad guy? Don’t these critics realize it’s the paying players who keep this game alive?

Let’s consider that for a change and maybe be a little bit more thankful than hateful to those that keep this game going.

Comments

• shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    We don't hate you, in fact you can choose to spend more in the game and give all your hard earned money to Kabam, if you need to sell your car, sell your house, take loan, etc just to spend more, go for it! It is your choice and Kabam will like it very much! Have fun! We are sure what you got in return is top-notched quality game that never crash, smooth performance that does not lag and never over-heat your device, extremely stable server that never go down unexpectedly, open and clear communication without hidden information or lie, regular improvement and buff to the game play and modes ONLY to benefit you to make you progress much better and easier to beat the AI, etc. So, keep it up!
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    raffster wrote: »
    People don’t hate the fact that people like u spend money to get the edge, it’s the fact that most of the time in the most competitive brackets and modes with the best rewards (AW), you have to be a big spender to get anywhere.

It’s the fact that spenders not only get the edge, but also dominate the competition AND keep kabam’s prices as stupidly high as they are now....

TLDR we dislike kabam for making it “pay to compete” and only pandering to big spenders

Someone called me a turd using mommy’s credit card. How immature and foolish.

Very childish comment. Likely coming from a Ritz cracker because someone sounded awfully salty.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    People don’t hate the fact that people like u spend money to get the edge, it’s the fact that most of the time in the most competitive brackets and modes with the best rewards (AW), you have to be a big spender to get anywhere.

It’s the fact that spenders not only get the edge, but also dominate the competition AND keep kabam’s prices as stupidly high as they are now....

TLDR we dislike kabam for making it “pay to compete” and only pandering to big spenders

Yeah that was stupid, its was also quite revealing how far back some forum users are. They haven't progressed at all to think that your roster was 2-3k $ worth of spending
  • I don’t want to take credit for the following proposal where a competitive module unaffected by spending(e.g. very limited resources used, including potions and boosts) would alleviate the hate factor towards spenders. Take for example the world famous and succefull game league of legends; yes you can spend money but that won’t give you any edge against other players. Sure mcoc needs revenue so yes again, keep the crystals for the spenders which still gives them an edge, but keep a competitive part of the game primarily skill related.
  • Jjjmb5Jjjmb5 Posts: 119
    Idk im not a big spender i spend here and there if its worth it or im in desperate need of units but i guess people feel most can spend and dont take any skill but a paid profile but regardless this is still a business and a game i dont see this much uproar of facebook and u van spend money on facebook so what the probelm idk
  • Jjjmb5Jjjmb5 Posts: 119
    Yes rules are rules and should go to everyone
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I just read the last thread you started... Completely ridiculous some of the replies you were getting. If people think that its not possible to get to where you are at without spending, they are fooling themselves. I have at least as good of a roster as you have and a few more r4 5* than you do. I also have two 6* champs, and one of them was a 15k crystal. All of this was done as a F2P. So there is absolutely no reason for all the hate people are giving you. I think a lot of what has been said here is true though, people perceive spenders as getting preferential treatment from Kabam. As proven in your last thread, people see this game as a pay to win game and often those that don't pay have some sort of prejudice against those that do for "buying" their way to the top.
  • Darkrider05Darkrider05 Posts: 288 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    @raffster I did see the post but I didn't comment because I was jealous of that duped Magik at 4/55. Nice Magik though. Personally I am f2p that doesn't mean I hate spenders, cause some spenders do have skill. I hate spenders who don't have skill but spend and win alliance wars or pilot and win them.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    I poked fun at you because you’re humble bragging about a roster that you paid to get. I’m glad there are whales in the game, it definitely keeps it up and “running”. But I’d always be more respectful and congratulatory towards someone who used skill and grinding for a good roster vs. someone who bought much of it.

gohard123 wrote: »

Yeah that was stupid, its was also quite revealing how far back some forum users are. They haven't progressed at all to think that your roster was 2-3k $ worth of spending

I was just throwing the amount out there as a joke. Though I’d be curious what you think one has to spend for that roster in that period of time 🤔. And I think your ‘hasn’t progressed’ theory is a bit off ;).
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    What these haters towards payers miss is that there are those who are occasional spenders like me (~$100/month) and those who spend thousands or more a week. But regardless of spending strategy or habit does not give anyone the go signal to insult us spenders.

Spending will only give you an edge when it’s in the high thousands a week. But a few Odins here and there just makes you level up faster but not necessarily become part of the top 100 or even 1000 in the world.
  • BeatleraoBeatlerao Posts: 153
    I’ve never understood either why everybody hates the spenders. I’ve spent before but most of the time I’m f2p, But agree if it wasn’t for the spenders there would be no game. So I’d say keep spending away and for those of you who are free to play who cares how much Kvamme charges because you wouldn’t buy it anyway.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Maidril wrote: »
    I poked fun at you because you’re humble bragging about a roster that you paid to get. I’m glad there are whales in the game, it definitely keeps it up and “running”. But I’d always be more respectful and congratulatory towards someone who used skill and grinding for a good roster vs. someone who bought much of it.

I was just throwing the amount out there as a joke. Though I’d be curious what you think one has to spend for that roster in that period of time 🤔. And I think your ‘hasn’t progressed’ theory is a bit off ;).

That’s where you’re wrong. I grind like hell and just so happened on occasion. I grew my roster mainly because of the 5-6 hours I put in daily to advance as far and as fast as I could.

I put in money here and there to rank up now instead of waiting ten more weeks. There’s no justification to be as judgmental as you without knowing how much time I put in this game.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Maidril wrote: »

That’s where you’re wrong. I grind like hell and just so happened on occasion. I grew my roster mainly because of the 5-6 hours I put in daily to advance as far and as fast as I could.

I put in money here and there to rank up now instead of waiting ten more weeks. There’s no justification to be as judgmental as you without knowing how much time I put in this game.

I wouldn’t broadcast that you grind 5-6 hours a day and spend 100+ a month to achieve the roster you have. Honestly, what was the point of your post??

As I pointed out, it came across as though you were trying to humblebrag. So clearly you needed someone to poke a hole in your hot air balloon. And for the record, I wasn’t the one to call you a turd or any such thing. Just made a joke about your roster and spending ;)
  • TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    TKal wrote: »
    Because it’s the spenders who feed Kabam and therefore legitimate their actions like : lying, hiding informations, increase difficulty without increasing rewards, damaging our phones, and a lot more.

Honestly, we shouldn't punish the spender...but Kabam on that one.
  • TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    There are trolls everywhere for everyone on the forums, it seems. There's nothing wrong with spending. If there are issues with preferential treatment from Kabam or most of their game design being for spenders benefit, well that's on Kabam. I don't even fault those willing to spend for taking advantage of it. As @Seatin says, there are 2 things we can all do. 1) Accept that this game is becoming very much pay to win and 2) vote with our wallet. If you don't like what's going on with the game, don't spend.

No one should be attacking you childishly for posting a roster and for the "treatment" spenders get from Kabam. In addition, while annoying, I'm not a proponent of even attacking someone who appears to be bragging in the forums (including humblebragging), though I didn't read your original post to judge for myself if that's the case. However, it is good to better understand how your words can be viewed by others in some ways. Again, that does not justify the type of comments you received.

Don't let it bother you, mate. Press on and keep enjoying the game...if it doesn't implode with all these recent developments. Sounds like you've spent a bit...so I hope it's been worth it for you.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Jealousy and envy.
  • H_B0MBH_B0MB Posts: 52
    I’m sure there has to be a little bit of envy sprinkled in there too. Lol. I’m by no means a “spender” in the game but I don’t fault those individuals that are. It ultimately falls on Kabam to chose what advantages spending gets you. It’s unfair to cast blame on the players for choosing to take a route Kabam offers them and everyone else. So to sum it up...shame on Kabam.