**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I found a viable way to never have gold and ISO problems *seriously* must *read*

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
1. Be Uncollected
2. Spend one hour in arena every day
3. Change all battlechips from Uncollected BCs for gold/units
4. Save up to at least 3M gold and 2500+ ISOs (no ranking and leveling for 2-3 months)
5. Explore monthly quest from Beginner - Uncollected (2-3 straight month)
6. Rank up champs that are worth ranking. Garbage 4*s stay R3 max and Garbage 5*s stay R1 max.
7. Rank up 1-2 champs a week max.
8. Be discerning who you rank and level even if you're tempted to rank or level because of level up event
9. Continue doing 1-2 hours/arena daily
10. Keep doing as many quests as you can

It's been two months since I did this last May and I've ranked 2 R4 5*s, 3 R5 4*s and I still have 1M gold and 2000 ISOs left over.

You will only really lose gold if you never do arena and won't gain much ISOs if you don't do events as regularly as possible.

I hope this helps.

Comments

• Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Lmao i say this ages ago.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Are you in an alliance that does map 5 or 6? Because 1 hour of arena won't net you very many BC after donation requirements. You're maybe looking at opening less than 10 uncollected arena crystals per week with that plan.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Are you in an alliance that does map 5 or 6? Because 1 hour of arena won't net you very many BC after donation requirements. You're maybe looking at opening less than 10 uncollected arena crystals per week with that plan.

You get donations back almost fully on map5, next excuse??
  • Options
    NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Don't have the time for that. I want to do arena to get some units but god I'm not able to get the time to do so. Even when I get the time the lag and other bs pisses me off a lot.
  • Options
    Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 167
    ...so grind longer to get more stuff? Got it!
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Chances are if you’re spending that much time in game, gold and ISO isn’t a problem for you in the first place.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    yeah after thinking about it more this plan takes much more time than what it seems on face. Exploring all 5 difficulties in any given month takes a lot of time commitment. + arena + AQ + AW +nonsense time we are looking at probably 4 to 5 hours a day in game. That's a lot of time.
  • Options
    PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Be a crystal opening whale. You will never have issue with gold or iso... Actually my bad, the issue will be iso management when 1000+ expire at a time but that's a first world problem
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    raffster wrote: »
    4. Save up to at least 3M gold and 2500+ ISOs (no ranking and leveling for 2-3 months)

This is not a solution. It is pretending everything’s fine.

Having 3m and even if you earned one gold a day as long as you waited until you had just enough that when you spent it you’d still have 3m afterwards, that is no solution.
  • Options
    Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 477 ★★★
    I think it is just more just ranking up champs that you want and not because you think you need to rank everyone. I don't rank 4* past r3 unless they are going to help (very rare now to warrant that). 5* don't go past r1 unless they are going to help or I have expiring cats I need to get rid of.

I usually complete heroic through uncollected monthly with completion on easy and normal.

Arenas, I do all milestones in only 4* basic and 3* featured, which gets gold, PHCs and enough battle chip for decent amount of arena crystals for gold and units.

There was a time when I was short on gold and ISO. I guess if my pulls were a little more lucky recently, I may still be in a bind, but I have almost 7m gold right now and around 2k in iso and don't see a shortage anytime soon even though I will need to r4 a 5* soon because of expiring t2a.
  • Options
    Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    Of course that doesn't help. Do you realize just how many hours you have embedded into that 10 step program of yours? You need to listen to the actual details of why people are asking for better gold rewards. The people that have trouble with gold are the ones that don't have that kind of time to spend on the game. I have a job, a family, and a hundred other responsibilities that come before playing a game. I can't spend 4-5 hours a day tapping on my phone.

It's not that we don't realize that doing arenas and just spending more time playing in general would net us more gold. It's that we can't. And for the first couple years of playing this game, it wasn't all that big of a hurdle. Just took a week or so of saving. But the champs have gotten more stars, and require exponentially more resources to rank up. So we semi-casual summoners that play in short bursts when we can get in are getting hosed pretty hard. We get the champs and Catalysts from our hard work in AW and AQ and quests, but then have to sit on them for a really long time waiting for gold.

It has never felt like gold was intended to be the throttling point of rank ups. Typically it was catalysts and just getting the champs you want. But it has become gold, at least for folks who can't dedicate hours on end to grinding. I don't think ISO is a problem really. The main reason we end up with a shortage of ISO is because we're selling ISO for gold. The gold rewards just haven't scaled along with the increased gold cost of modern tier champs.
  • Options
    crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I'm sure this is an excellent formula, something I wished I could make time for. I'm guessing many players are like me though. Middle aged, families, full time work. Grinding even an hour a day, plus AW, AQ, and 100% monthly questing is a lot. I'm in that predicament now. Without spending money or dropping a lot of extra time, it's much harder to get ahead. I'm sure this method helps a lot of players, I love seeing stuff like this in the forums.
  • Options
    crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I do sell much of my ISO for gold and hoard enough BC for donations and keep giving back what I win. Lol. Not arena grinding leaves me pretty short on units too so I don't buy pots. Hence why I'm still not UC.
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    You lost me at Arena