**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Offer Today July 13, 2018 - Come on Kabam... you can do better than this.

I have attached a screenshot of an offer I received today in-game.

Is this supposed to be a GOOD offer? 1,200 Units for a single 4-star Awakening Gem and some Sig Crystals??

4 star heroes are old and tired. Maybe make this a 5 Star Awakening Gem, 5 Star Crystal or 6 Star Crystal - because as it stands now, it is pretty much useless.

a6x78sx3q52e.jpg

Comments

• MyradralMyradral Posts: 154
    Not so useless. If u go for a new champ in the game and manage to get a 4* version then you dont have to do much more work and use the 4* awakening gem on them (if they are good)

For 1,200 Units?? You think that is a good deal?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    On my alt account, id gladly pay the 200 units for that 3* offer.

1,200 offer would be enticing if I had a champ worth it.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    I've bought it. To me it's okay-ish. And I'm sure I'm not the only one I feel this way.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I’ve been thinking about the 4* offer. Mainly because I’m debating using it for Proxima and taking her into war for Iron Man. But it’s just too pricey.
  • jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    I've gotten these in the past but no longer needed where I am currently in the game. This is a sweet deal for new players.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    If I had a few more Units, I'd get it for my M.O.D.O.K.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    NoOnexRO wrote: »
    I've bought it. To me it's okay-ish. And I'm sure I'm not the only one I feel this way.

I agree, but at 1200 units and with 5* becoming so easy to get , I think the deal is right on the edge of being ok and outlandish.

I'd gladly pay 600 or 800 for that since I've been trying to awaken my Star Lord for a while now. But on the other hand I already have 5* AA, hyp, Blade, IceMan and Mephisto.

EDIT - Also, with Act 5.1 giving a 4* awakening gem, I'd just get it from there.
    At the same rate, I think 1200 Units for a 5* Gem is just not happening. Lol.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    NoOnexRO wrote: »

I agree, but at 1200 units and with 5* becoming so easy to get , I think the deal is right on the edge of being ok and outlandish.

How easy 5* champions are to get is not primarily a function of where the game is (although it is easier across the board) and more a function of where the player is in the game. And for most players in the game, 4* champions still represent the bulk of what they are getting and using.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    Not every deal is for everybody..
    Players further along in the game either have some lying around..
    aah5ch81x20g.jpg
    Or the 4* champs are slowly becoming irrelevant to them..
    But for the new player these items are hard to come by and therefore make the cost slightly more worth it.. To be able to awaken a 4* and bring them up to sig 41 could be a game changer for a newer player..
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    I also think it's ridiculous.
    IOSJasoN wrote: »
    Not every deal is for everybody..
    Players further along in the game either have some lying around..
    aah5ch81x20g.jpg
    Or the 4* champs are slowly becoming irrelevant to them..
    But for the new player these items are hard to come by and therefore make the cost slightly more worth it.. To be able to awaken a 4* and bring them up to sig 41 could be a game changer for a newer player..

How much for that Science Gem? Lol. XD
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Yea, I'd have 0 qualms about buying that 4* offer if I had the units, especially since 100% of my units comes from arenas, events, quest exploration, and monthly calendar.

I'm still at the point where awakening certain 4* would be pretty damn amazing.
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    Good thing they upped the price from the last time they offered the same deal. Gotta let the community know that you care about them.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    I feel like someone is dumping old clothes on my doorstep.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Way over priced they had the same or better packages for way way lower, not sure what they're thinking anymore with all these offers given the state that the game is in.

If the game was in a good state, if they combined both deals at a lower price or less units and added a bit more I would buy it but this is another pass for me.
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    I was going to defend the offer, but no need to when someone previously posted that this identical offer was much cheaper a few months ago.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    2StarKing wrote: »
    I was going to defend the offer, but no need to when someone previously posted that this identical offer was much cheaper a few months ago.

Actually, the offers aren't exactly identical. The original offer from the beginning of the year had 100k gold in the 4 star offer. The current one has 200k. Whether an extra 100k is worth 350 units is a separate question. It is a better return than the gold crystals, although I don't consider those necessarily good value.
  • Oswaldo72383Oswaldo72383 Posts: 249
    I was going to buy it for new Ironman dup... then realized we aren’t supposed to finish a war so better spent on my 5 stars
  • KevanproGKevanproG Posts: 308 ★★
    It Kabam 2018 I am already convinced it a paid to win
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Don’t forget that they released the exact same offer once before and it was only 850 Units then
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    40% more for a package that’s less useful than the last time it was offered? Like Kabam, it’s a joke.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    It’s a poor way to run a company by increasing your prices while decreasing the service you provide.

Ooop I need to finish typing so I can do 2 fights in a AQ before my phone gives me a 3rd degree burn.
  • Reevesy01Reevesy01 Posts: 79
    Thread closed in 3......2.....1.....
  • MyradralMyradral Posts: 154
    This was the offer in January. Same offer - except now it is 40% more expensive.

Oh yeah................ GREAT OFFER.

/rolling eyes

ulh3i1ieycfb.png