**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

4* awakening generic....prcr increased?

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
“Price” increased

So these offers are 6months apart, the newesr offer is an increased over the last one...
What a stepbackwards..
Now i remember when a 4* random class was worth $100...then random class was worth $50 due to time/progress 4* are now easier and deals should be alot cheaper compared to old days..

Also the rifts seen to also take a stepbackwards...
The last time we had rifts the prizes was better and you had a chance to win upto 5* featured and 5* class awakening gems.

This monjs rift the rewards have taken a major stepdown. And with all the chaos thats been happening. I just dont see how you kabam can release thise kind of offer.

Release a real offer that people will enjoy spending units/money

But we also dont see a step forward in how the game has been running.

This game is over 3.5 years old and continues to have new problems over and over and over.
anyways every word seatin says is true about this company.

defend urself kabam .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6QR-7-6dBs
5xf9p58c4a5f.jpeg

Comments

• BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Yeah I probably would’ve bought it if they’d stuck with the original price. But 1,200 is to much.
  • I thought something was fishy
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    I thought something was fishy

yup, u would think price would go down, but i dont see why they are making price increase when there is clearly no need for it.
  • Offering it at the old price could have helped offset some of the outrage at game play issues, but I'd guess some of the increase came from knowing we'd want to awaken some of those new champs we likely bought last week and would spend for it.
  • Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154
    Just because one Offer is a good deal doesn't make it the norm to say the next is an increase. I can go to Payless and get shoes 20% off. The next week, they'll be the original price.
    For that matter, it's not a bad deal.
    But dont you agree that with everything going on since the 19.0 update the playerbase deserves a "20% off shoe"? I mean, it would just show goodwill to re release that offer at the same price to kinda apologize, but no they just decided to say "you'll pay more cause we say so" and then shut the door in our face.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    It’s an increase, and incredibly odd considering 4-star champions are not as valuable prior
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Just because one Offer is a good deal doesn't make it the norm to say the next is an increase. I can go to Payless and get shoes 20% off. The next week, they'll be the original price.
    For that matter, it's not a bad deal.

All due respect but I dont think I've seen a single post of yours that isnt defending Kabam since I've joined these forums. With that said is there anything you take issue with that you're willing to openly criticize them about? I apologize if my question comes across in a rude way because that's not my intention, just genuinely curious.

On the topic at hand, your analogy doesn't really fit. With 5* long released and 6* now in full swing a more apt comparison using payless would be the equivalent of taking shoes from 2 seasons ago and putting them back out on the front rack at original cost. Assuming that the deal shown for 850 units is actually 20% off and not true retail, and Idk why we would assume that when unit store price that's $30, but for your analogy sake we'll call that the sale price. So going into Payless with two seasons worth of shoes released since those ones were out would you pay full retail or find it mildly insulting?
    I agree with this wholeheartedly, there was NOTHING claiming the offer 6 months ago was a 30% off deal (it was a 40% price increase, a 30% discount if what @GroundedWisdom is saying is true). And even if it was true, then why not release the offer this month with a "30% discount first hour" like they do with other deals, so it is at the original 850 price if you buy now or 1200 if you choose to wait. Either way it makes no sense to just hike the price so drastically with 0 reasons and expect 0 consequences.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    This is EXACTLY why many of my alliance mates and myself are not going to buy this deal. We hate to be used and abused, and be milked like stupid customers. But I'm sure there are smart customers willing to buy it, and thank Kabam for offering such a good deal, a win-win for them and kabam!
    That statement is made many times, but people don't see the actual value of Rarities hasn't changed. People might be focusing on 5*s but that hasn't changed the in-game value of a 4*.
    I don't like Gold. Doesn't suit my skin tone. Have little use for it. Doesn't take away from the Market Value of it.
    The "actual value of rarities" has definitely change, its literally just economic inflation (with character rarities being used as currency in this case). Lets use the US dollar as an example, in 1960, the US dollar had the same spending power as $8.50 does in 2018. Inflation happens because over time, more and more of the same currency is pumped into the market. Now, switching over to character rarities, lets say a month after launch, there were 100 4* characters in the game, if in July of 2018 it is safe to assume that well over 1 million 4* exist in the game, then the value of a 4* has to have decreased. Its just economics, this is just fact.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    That statement is made many times, but people don't see the actual value of Rarities hasn't changed. People might be focusing on 5*s but that hasn't changed the in-game value of a 4*.
    I don't like Gold. Doesn't suit my skin tone. Have little use for it. Doesn't take away from the Market Value of it.
    The "actual value of rarities" has definitely change, its literally just economic inflation (with character rarities being used as currency in this case). Lets use the US dollar as an example, in 1960, the US dollar had the same spending power as $8.50 does in 2018. Inflation happens because over time, more and more of the same currency is pumped into the market. Now, switching over to character rarities, lets say a month after launch, there were 100 4* characters in the game, if in July of 2018 it is safe to assume that well over 1 million 4* exist in the game, then the value of a 4* has to have decreased. Its just economics, this is just fact.
    A 4* is still a 4*. There's a whole misconception that "4 is the new 3, 5 is the new 4", but that just pertains to where people are individually at and what they choose to focus on. Sorry, but that does not affect the actual value of it, especially to others who are using those 4*s and working on acquiring them. Everything has an In-Game Value, and it doesn't change based on people moving past the need for them because there are others in the game who haven't.

Your preference has no impact on the uniqueness, versatility, and rareness of gold. Platinum has yet to flood the market as well that an ordinary person can just discard gold to use it

Please make a better analogy
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    The rate of 4* acquisition has greatly increased. The only way to measure the value of a champ in this game is either through outright buying it for a price, or how long it takes you to get one. What used to be a month is now a week.

4* are generally not viable, or at least desirable, for current end game content any longer.

There is no denying that the relative value of a 4* champion in mcoc is less than it was before.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Guys, avoid getting dragged into a meaningless argument. Best to deal with such a situation is to completely IGNORE it! In the past, many folks did NOT learn this, and got themselves permanently banned. We lost quite a few great forum friends due to this. Pls, it takes a real man (and woman) to be able to ignore and get over. Be the man (and woman).
    JRock808 wrote: »
    The rate of 4* acquisition has greatly increased. The only way to measure the value of a champ in this game is either through outright buying it for a price, or how long it takes you to get one. What used to be a month is now a week.

4* are generally not viable, or at least desirable, for current end game content any longer.

There is no denying that the relative value of a 4* champion in mcoc is less than it was before.

For people who have advanced to the point of earning them that fast, yes. Sometimes people forget the game doesn't begin and end with their position.
    A 4* is still a 4*. There's a whole misconception that "4 is the new 3, 5 is the new 4", but that just pertains to where people are individually at and what they choose to focus on. Sorry, but that does not affect the actual value of it, especially to others who are using those 4*s and working on acquiring them. Everything has an In-Game Value, and it doesn't change based on people moving past the need for them because there are others in the game who haven't.
    Once again, a dollar is still a dollar, but why can't I buy the same thing with my dollar that I could three years ago? Inflation, and you are either blind or stupid if you don't see the obvious inflation in the game. I agree, to beginners a 4* is quite rare, the same way a dollar is fun to have as a 5 year old. However, the overall market now dictates that dollar will buy virtually nothing, the same way a 4* now means much less to the MCOC market. I would agree with you to a certain extent if there were no player v player aspect in the game.However since Alliance war exists, 4* values do not increase for a beginning player vs a veteran player, alliance war makes a 4* a universal currency, and only the 3rd best currency in the current state of the game.
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    @OP I wasnt here when the first offer (the 850 units one) came, so thank you for the information and link to Seatin video. I didn't by today's offer, and knowing this doesn't affect my decision at all.
    But thanks to this i know how kabam is handling things specially in this sensitive period of time (sorry for bad english). Just as i think kabam finally know what's wrong with many longterm problems (i.e offers like this, reducing rewards in side-quests...) and is trying to fix them, i was wrong. Whether this is an one-time mistake that was not thought through, or not - aka these kinda offers that try to piss people off will just keep coming; this whole thing is still ridiculous.
    Just here to voice an opinion of a newer player (5 months in), not to argue with some Wise-guy, i have read too many posts in forum for the past few months to know that doesn't solve anything.
    Perhaps a mod can chime in and explain why the 4star bundle got a drastic increase?
    Fixxx wrote: »
    Perhaps a mod can chime in and explain why the 4star bundle got a drastic increase?
    I think they did in a previous post, but their explanation is both faulty and wrong, therefore not a real explanation.
    May I get the gist of it, if you are fine with it? I’m currently in mobile and search is somewhat clunkier
    edited July 2018
    Once again, a dollar is still a dollar, but why can't I buy the same thing with my dollar that I could three years ago? Inflation, and you are either blind or stupid if you don't see the obvious inflation in the game. I agree, to beginners a 4* is quite rare, the same way a dollar is fun to have as a 5 year old. However, the overall market now dictates that dollar will buy virtually nothing, the same way a 4* now means much less to the MCOC market. I would agree with you to a certain extent if there were no player v player aspect in the game.However since Alliance war exists, 4* values do not increase for a beginning player vs a veteran player, alliance war makes a 4* a universal currency, and only the 3rd best currency in the current state of the game.

The problem is people place their own value on it based on what it's worth to them, but that doesn't change the actual value of it. Hence repeated comments about it being optional if people don't feel it's worth it. We can't say what the norm is based on two Offers. One could be a discounted price, one not. Both aren't grossly overpriced, regardless of the opinions. A 4* is still valuable. So is a Gem and Sig Stones.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    A 2* still has value, but that value relative to the game as it currently stands is much less than it was 3 years ago.

4* are not immune to this. You can place your own value on them if you wish but that doesn’t increase their relative value within the game.

You get them faster, you dupe them faster, there are more awaken8ng gems available than ever before...

So this offer does not have the value it once did, but I fully expect to see it in 6 months for 1500 units.. because a sucker is indeed born every minute.
    This is the point where I just agree to disagree.