**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* Dups

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    It's hilarious that people can't wait for the chance to jump on any issue I post, and they call me the troll.
  • Options
    That's not baiting. It's in response to the fact that people haven't stopped since I opened the Thread. Do not try and make me feel responsible for others trying to sabotage my conversation.

As for the topic, I'm not talking about the Featured. I'm talking about Basic Champs. Spending extra Shards isn't really a solution. The suggestion was to separate by Class. It was an idea anyway. If anyone else has any other suggestions that would suit, I'm all ears.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    For that matter, there's also the point that more and more Champs are added, and as much as Shards are more available, they're not THAT available. It's going to become harder. They still take time to add up. There are literally a few that don't really need to be Awakened, so I do see it as more of an issue than doing harder content for Gems and more Shards. A couple Gems won't solve the problem.
  • Options
    It's not just about me, really. I could pull one today, and I would still consider it a developing problem.
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    That's not baiting. It's in response to the fact that people haven't stopped since I opened the Thread. Do not try and make me feel responsible for others trying to sabotage my conversation.

As for the topic, I'm not talking about the Featured. I'm talking about Basic Champs. Spending extra Shards isn't really a solution. The suggestion was to separate by Class. It was an idea anyway. If anyone else has any other suggestions that would suit, I'm all ears.

Here's my suggestion: no to change the system. Basics are good and if you separate by class, awakening gems drop loads in value.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    I'm at 19 now, no Dups. Doesn't matter who I Dup actually. I'm not really concerned with going for the Top Tier. Don't get me wrong, the more useful the better. Lol. Just the ability to Dup in general that concerns me.

Quake, Mephisto, Phoenix, AV, LC, Mags, Blue Clops, OG Spidey, HE, OG BP, Rhino, Gams, VP, Beast, Miles, Sym, MK, Juggs, and CM.
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Seriously. If you're not going to add anything constructive to the discussion, don't enage with me. I've had enough of this little exercise. The Thread is not about RNG just because I mentioned it. I am concerned about the increasing difficulty in obtaining 5* Dups, considering it takes significant effort and time to amass them, and that more and more will be added to the Crystal. I asked how people feel about a Class Crystal as well. If you would like to register on that, by all means. Otherwise, I can see you grasping at the first chance to dog on an issue that I personally have, because you took one comment out of it, missed the forest for the trees, and jumped at the chance to make me look like some kind of hypocrite. Which I am done with.

You complained about RNGesus not giving you the champs you want (dupes) but then you say the post somehow isn't you complaining about RNG and not getting the champs you want?
    And then you get all sooky when the inevitable happens, and your hypocrisy is thrown right back at you?
    You, sir, are magnificent. I literally LOL'd at your hubris.

Yes. The mention of RNG doesn't mean the Thread is about RNG itself. Not a hard concept to grasp when you're not looking for ways to hate on me.
    Scurvy42 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom

RNGesus may already be disappointed with your lack of faith, careful lest you suffer his vengeance! ;)

Maybe head down to coal harbour and offer a sacrifice to the Vancouver hq? Im not sure what would be appropriate, maybe some oct17th, or vij's takeout?

:smiley:

Hahaha! This made me laugh. I'll admit, I was a little frustrated when I posted this. Just finished Master and I was waiting for a chance at a Dup. I just think it would be helpful if we had a way to increase the odds of them. I think one of the reasons people are hammering for Gems is it's so difficult to pull Dups. I'm sure they're meant to be rare. I just feel the frustration. One Crystal after another. I'll get one eventually.

That’s all RNG, whether you can comprehend hiprocisy or not. Usually people make angry posts after they’ve had a bad streak of RNG which looks like what happened here. It’s no different from people complaining on the forums that they keep pulling low-tier champs like spidergwen, she-hulk, etc which is met with the same response RNG is RNG. You might pull a dupe your next crystal or not til your next 10. Kabam has been introducing a ton more 5* shards than before, so you’ll be getting more chances vs the growing pool. It doesn’t hurt that the new champs recently have been awesome, so pulling someone recently added is likely a great pull.

If you just need a dupe so bad at this point, there are a good amount available through Act V, Labyrinth, and occasional offers. There’s no fundamental difference between a first time dupe and an awakening gem + stones, they are practically the same result minus extra shards/iso. Hope that answers all your questions.
  • Options
    Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    For me, I would love to see more availability of 5* AGs. Right now its raining 4* AG offers
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say the problem is RNG in general. I get that it has a purpose. I just suggested the Class Crystals because it would be a way to increase odds while still leaving it to RNG. As more Champs are added, it will become harder. Not to mention it's important to have each Class of Champ. In any event, I'll get them eventually. I just wanted to put it out there.

A. I’m not sure you know what RNG means.

B. Pretty sure when people complained about the only crystal available that would improve odds of getting a champ you wanted was severely nerfed, you wholeheartedly defended that decision. It’s a little late to be complaining about how hard it is to dupe 5* champs at this point.

The Crystal had a higher Drop Rate than any other in the game. So, yes. I saw that as fair. That's not the topic of the Thread. Recalling any Thread RNG-related that I commented on doesn't make it the same. It just makes people haters.

I love how when people point out that you had the chance to make these points or agree with others making these points, all you did was defend kabam without any thought. Now a year later you see the problem and take offense when people point it out. Good luck getting any champ worth an r4 now...and then getting the champ a second time...
    Still off-topic, there bud. I'm talking about getting ANY Dup. Not a Crystal that had an approximate 20% Drop Rate for the newest and best Champs. I still support that one. We're not talking about "God vs. Garbage". We're talking about the ability to Dup them in general.

First, it’s not off-topic just bc someone doesn’t whole-heartedly agree with you. Otherwise you are the bigggest violator of posting off-topic comments in this forum. Also, you aren’t a mod, so you don’t get to judge what is off topic or not constructive.

Second, if you want to have a higher champ at any dupe, just open the new featured crystals. You have a higher chance at getting and duping a hulkbuster or Kamala khan that you could then r4 than in the normal crystal.
  • Options
    I'm at 19 now, no Dups. Doesn't matter who I Dup actually. I'm not really concerned with going for the Top Tier. Don't get me wrong, the more useful the better. Lol. Just the ability to Dup in general that concerns me.

Quake, Mephisto, Phoenix, AV, LC, Mags, Blue Clops, OG Spidey, HE, OG BP, Rhino, Gams, VP, Beast, Miles, Sym, MK, Juggs, and CM.
    Seriously. If you're not going to add anything constructive to the discussion, don't enage with me. I've had enough of this little exercise. The Thread is not about RNG just because I mentioned it. I am concerned about the increasing difficulty in obtaining 5* Dups, considering it takes significant effort and time to amass them, and that more and more will be added to the Crystal. I asked how people feel about a Class Crystal as well. If you would like to register on that, by all means. Otherwise, I can see you grasping at the first chance to dog on an issue that I personally have, because you took one comment out of it, missed the forest for the trees, and jumped at the chance to make me look like some kind of hypocrite. Which I am done with.

You complained about RNGesus not giving you the champs you want (dupes) but then you say the post somehow isn't you complaining about RNG and not getting the champs you want?
    And then you get all sooky when the inevitable happens, and your hypocrisy is thrown right back at you?

Yes. The mention of RNG doesn't mean the Thread is about RNG itself. Not a hard concept to grasp when you're not looking for ways to hate on me.
    @GroundedWisdom

RNGesus may already be disappointed with your lack of faith, careful lest you suffer his vengeance! ;)

Maybe head down to coal harbour and offer a sacrifice to the Vancouver hq? Im not sure what would be appropriate, maybe some oct17th, or vij's takeout?

Hahaha! This made me laugh. I'll admit, I was a little frustrated when I posted this. Just finished Master and I was waiting for a chance at a Dup. I just think it would be helpful if we had a way to increase the odds of them. I think one of the reasons people are hammering for Gems is it's so difficult to pull Dups. I'm sure they're meant to be rare. I just feel the frustration. One Crystal after another. I'll get one eventually.

That’s all RNG, whether you can comprehend hiprocisy or not. Usually people make angry posts after they’ve had a bad streak of RNG which looks like what happened here. It’s no different from people complaining on the forums that they keep pulling low-tier champs like spidergwen, she-hulk, etc which is met with the same response RNG is RNG. You might pull a dupe your next crystal or not til your next 10. Kabam has been introducing a ton more 5* shards than before, so you’ll be getting more chances vs the growing pool. It doesn’t hurt that the new champs recently have been awesome, so pulling someone recently added is likely a great pull.

If you just need a dupe so bad at this point, there are a good amount available through Act V, Labyrinth, and occasional offers. There’s no fundamental difference between a first time dupe and an awakening gem + stones, they are practically the same result minus extra shards/iso. Hope that answers all your questions.

You're missing the point of what I'm saying. It is different because people keep saying the Drop Rate is greater for "trash Champs". Which warrants saying it's just RNG. Literally out of context.
    As for more Shards, that's not a solution to the issue I'm expressing, and they're not that much more available so as to make a difference. At least not for the people under the top 5%.
  • Options

You can claim it wasn’t baiting, but it was hypocritical and I’m sure most others would agree that you were. Do not try to claim you aren’t responsible for others treating you as you have treated them. (See, those all-encompassing commanding statements just come across tacky dont they?)

Wait, you really don’t realise how silly that sounds do you? Have a crystal only of one class, but have it cost the same as a basic. Literally, what would be the point of a basic then? If there was a class crystal it would be at least 3 or four thousand shards more.

People have given suggestions that would suit, but you have ignored them and moaned that they’re trolling you (how you don’t see the irony I will never understand), all of which seems to suggest that “if anyone else has any suggestions that would suit, I’m all ears”, translated from GW to English is “say my idea is a good idea, or I will claim you are trolling and attacking me.”

You just wrote a Novel on me and my character, and you're claiming it's me making things personal. Bye.
  • Options
    You're doing the same thing you did before. Incinuating contradictions. Still not constructive. My suggestion has nothing to do with less Champs being added every month, and I don't agree with that. I'm going back to having actual conversations with people, thanks.

It’s against the forum rules to impersonate a mod. It isn’t your job to deem comments not constructive or off topic.

That's not what impersonating a Mod is. You've accused me of that over and over and you still don't know what that is. Moderation doesn't own the word constructive, and if someone isn't adding anything to my discussion, I can call it as it is. Are you going to comment on the actual topic, or just do the usual?
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I think it would be great if they did something like a class crystal something like maybe tech cosmic one week skill. Mutant The next week and the Science and mystic the next week that way you could at least the odds would be a little better. I have a similar issue with dup champs. I have some great champs can’t really complain but I have like 40 something 5* with 4 dupes and one is goldpool so I have only gotten 3 out of 5* crystals and two of them were when the pool was still very small.
  • Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Relax GW… it’s just they way Kabam wants the game to function
  • Options
    Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    “As for more Shards, that's not a solution to the issue I'm expressing, and they're not that much more available so as to make a difference. At least not for the people under the top 5%.”

Since you didn’t respond to my post, let me emphasize this again: yes, it is the solution to the issue you are expressing. You haven’t opened that many 5 star crystals. For players who want them, the avenues to obtain shards are there and don’t cost anything but time and effort. There’s videos lately on YouTube explaining how easy it is to get a huge chunk of a five star crystals just by putting up some points in each arena and getting shards. The more 4 star crystals you open and dupe the more 5 star shards you get. If you’re not completing game content that gives 5 star shards like the monthly uncollected runs then you are choosing to perpetuate your dupe issue, because you have only opened 19 five star crystals total since they were introduced into the game. They ARE that much more available now. You are just not at the level you need in the game to open them at a frequency to dupe them easier. That’s literally the answer to your question.

The questions I asked you in my first post are pertinent to this topic and you didn’t even acknowledge or answer one of them, and continued to double down on this quote above while accusing others of trolling you. So I’m confused on what you thought the outcome of this post would be. The answers have been given to you. If you continue to spend your time arguing with players on this forum instead of doing arena and working to build your roster so you have a cycle of duping lower champs, getting max sig crystals, and therefore opening more five star crystals total, you are choosing to not increase your odds. It’s a self fulfilled prophecy: One hasn’t opened 20 five star crystals total yet, wants to dupe one of them, but isn’t choosing to increase their odds by building their account and roster, so time goes on and more champs continue to be added while they fall behind. The ball is entirely in your court to increase your odds, and if you choose not to do so, that’s not the fault of Kabam or RNG, it’s on you.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Are you going to comment on the topic? Anything else I'm not bothering with anymore. Just because I've opened a Thread doesn't mean it's appropriate it make it about me as a person. This is getting old.
  • Options
    DL864 wrote: »
    I think it would be great if they did something like a class crystal something like maybe tech cosmic one week skill. Mutant The next week and the Science and mystic the next week that way you could at least the odds would be a little better. I have a similar issue with dup champs. I have some great champs can’t really complain but I have like 40 something 5* with 4 dupes and one is goldpool so I have only gotten 3 out of 5* crystals and two of them were when the pool was still very small.

It was just an idea I saw on here before. A random Class would be a good idea as well. If anyone has any other suggestions in terms of making it easier I'm all ears.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Are you going to comment on the topic? Anything else I'm not bothering with anymore. Just because I've opened a Thread doesn't mean it's appropriate it make it about me as a person. This is getting old.

I already did comment on the topic but you ignored my points both times

Any post with logical explanations or facts is ignored. Any direct reply is met with “people just like to attack me cause I’m so vulnerable” replies lol

The points have already been made. That is not what I'm asking. I asked how people felt about the increase in difficulty in acquiring 5* Dups and how they felt about Class Crystals. People can keep saying "More Shards, get Gems.", but that's already been said and acknowledged. That's still not a solution to what I'm presenting. It will get more and more difficult as more Champs are added, overall. Yes, you could pull back-to-back, but the chances decrease. 5*s are still somewhat rare, meaning they take alot more time to acquire than 4*s. That's a problem to have an issue with Awakening when so many Champs depend on it.
    The comment wasn't ignored. It was lumped into other personal comments, and it's been said before.
  • Options
    Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    edited July 2018

Any post with logical explanations or facts is ignored. Any direct reply is met with “people just like to attack me cause I’m so vulnerable” replies lol

You see, I was gonna make a comment similar to this, but you hit the nail square on the head
  • Options
    Not yet no.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

The points have already been made. That is not what I'm asking. I asked how people felt about the increase in difficulty in acquiring 5* Dups and how they felt about Class Crystals. People can keep saying "More Shards, get Gems.", but that's already been said and acknowledged. That's still not a solution to what I'm presenting. It will get more and more difficult as more Champs are added, overall. Yes, you could pull back-to-back, but the chances decrease. 5*s are still somewhat rare, meaning they take alot more time to acquire than 4*s. That's a problem to have an issue with Awakening when so many Champs depend on it.
    The comment wasn't ignored. It was lumped into other personal comments, and it's been said before.

The irony is, you missed another point I made. You don’t want to spend more shards, “Spending more shards is not a solution”. But you assume a class crystal would be the same amount as a basic. Which removes the point of a basic.

You are assuming there is, indeed, a problem. You are assuming there has to be a solution other than what is already available in the game. The fact you are ignoring the solutions people have presented just shows that you are completely closed to anyone commenting anything other than I’m agreement with you.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

@GroundedWisdom

You're missing the point of what I'm saying. It is different because people keep saying the Drop Rate is greater for "trash Champs". Which warrants saying it's just RNG. Literally out of context.
    As for more Shards, that's not a solution to the issue I'm expressing, and they're not that much more available so as to make a difference. At least not for the people under the top 5%.

I understand exactly the point you’re trying to make, it’s still all RNG related. The more new champs you continue to pull, the higher chance your next pull will be a dupe. You said you have 19 5*s which I’m sure you worked hard for but it’s not a whole lot. Pretty reasonable or even a bit unlucky to not have a dupe with 19, but again that’s RNG. The whole point of a dupe is to unlock a champion’s signature ability, which is accomplished the same through an awakening gem. There’s also arenas and FGMCs for players to “target” more specific champions or champion dupes. People will always get upset when RNG doesn’t go their way, doesn’t mean something is wrong with the system though.

Also there’s plenty more ways for the under top 5% to get more 5* shards than a year ago, you just need to know where to look. I’d recommend watching some YouTube guides.
  • Options

@GroundedWisdom

I understand exactly the point you’re trying to make, it’s still all RNG related. The more new champs you continue to pull, the higher chance your next pull will be a dupe. You said you have 19 5*s which I’m sure you worked hard for but it’s not a whole lot. Pretty reasonable or even a bit unlucky to not have a dupe with 19, but again that’s RNG. The whole point of a dupe is to unlock a champion’s signature ability, which is accomplished the same through an awakening gem. There’s also arenas and FGMCs for players to “target” more specific champions or champion dupes. People will always get upset when RNG doesn’t go their way, doesn’t mean something is wrong with the system though.

Also there’s plenty more ways for the under top 5% to get more 5* shards than a year ago, you just need to know where to look. I’d recommend watching some YouTube guides.

I know the places to get Shards. They are more available, but not to the point that it solves. I'm aware it's RNG that is responsible for the roll. Clearly I know that. That's not going to change the fact that the pool in the Basic keeps growing, and Shards aren't so much more available as to solve that. Fact is, it's going to get harder and harder to Dup.