LAUNCHING JULY 15: Peak Milestones and Alliance Quests Update Discussion Thread

17891113

Comments

  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 589 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    @Kabam Miike Kabam demoted alliances on 7-4 after telling them there'd be no brackets. We had to go through this AQ and maybe a chunk of the next without most of the glory we earned. Shouldn't players get something to account for the lost time??? I'm having to sell iso bc I'm juuuuust shy of a rank up I would've made several days ago if you gave rewards on time.
  • Escape2794Escape2794 Posts: 87
    I'm still confused with the peak milestones. Can someone explain them to me (for both AQ and non Aq) ?
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 750 ★★★
    Escape2794 wrote: »
    I'm still confused with the peak milestones. Can someone explain them to me (for both AQ and non Aq) ?

    You just get the top most reward that you reach, not everything on the way.

    Lets say you get rewards for getting to 1 million, 2 million etc, NOW, you wont get those. Onoce you reach lets say the total - 22 million, you'll get whatever rewards are assigned to that bracket of 22 million.
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 322 ★★
    @Kabam Miike first up I assume you meant the update would be coming July 13 when you posted that yesterday, not July 12th. Also, is it still projected for today? You mentioned around 11am PST for it to drop, and it’s after 1pm now, so wanted to see if you had any updates for this
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,983 Guardian
    Escape2794 wrote: »
    I'm still confused with the peak milestones. Can someone explain them to me (for both AQ and non Aq) ?

    The best way to explain peak milestones is that they are unfortunately named. They are intended to replace milestone rewards, but they aren't really milestone rewards anymore. Instead, "peak milestone" rewards are really just achievement rewards. Whatever the highest level of achievement you reach, that's the reward you get. You only get one. In that respect, they are very much like rank rewards. Whatever rank you reach, that's the reward you get. You don't get any of the lower rank rewards also. Peak milestone works the same way. Whatever "milestone" you reach, that's the reward you get. That's the only reward you get.

    Because you only get the highest peak milestone reward you reach, the game can't give you anything until the end of the event in question, because only then will the game know what "peak" you reached.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    In theory I would think that the peak milestone system should be able to deliver rewards quicker? I’m no game developer so maybe I’m way off base, but once the event/AQ is done, the system should already know what you should receive as a reward. There’s no comparing scores and placing ranks, so the delivery of rewards should be smoother and quicker. But like I said, maybe I’m wrong.
  • Spurgeo14Spurgeo14 Posts: 1,178 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Escape2794 wrote: »
    I'm still confused with the peak milestones. Can someone explain them to me (for both AQ and non Aq) ?

    The best way to explain peak milestones is that they are unfortunately named. They are intended to replace milestone rewards, but they aren't really milestone rewards anymore. Instead, "peak milestone" rewards are really just achievement rewards. Whatever the highest level of achievement you reach, that's the reward you get. You only get one. In that respect, they are very much like rank rewards. Whatever rank you reach, that's the reward you get. You don't get any of the lower rank rewards also. Peak milestone works the same way. Whatever "milestone" you reach, that's the reward you get. That's the only reward you get.

    Because you only get the highest peak milestone reward you reach, the game can't give you anything until the end of the event in question, because only then will the game know what "peak" you reached.

    What sucks is that it lowers motivation for reaching milestones during the event. They should have just kept the milestone rewards and added the Peak rewards on top at the end.

  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,983 Guardian
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    In theory I would think that the peak milestone system should be able to deliver rewards quicker? I’m no game developer so maybe I’m way off base, but once the event/AQ is done, the system should already know what you should receive as a reward. There’s no comparing scores and placing ranks, so the delivery of rewards should be smoother and quicker. But like I said, maybe I’m wrong.

    The "peak milestone system" included both replacing the normal milestone rewards with the peak milestone rewards, and enhancing the rank rewards and eliminating brackets. But rank rewards are still there, and still have to be computed. On the one hand, brackets are gone. On the other hand, that now means every alliance has to be sorted against every other alliance in one big list. My guess is that it is probably a wash as to how long it will take to compute rank rewards.

    Milestone rewards themselves actually could take slightly more time to deliver, because in the current system you get those as you go along, so there's nothing to do at all at the end. Peak milestones have to be determined and delivered at the end.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,983 Guardian
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Escape2794 wrote: »
    I'm still confused with the peak milestones. Can someone explain them to me (for both AQ and non Aq) ?

    The best way to explain peak milestones is that they are unfortunately named. They are intended to replace milestone rewards, but they aren't really milestone rewards anymore. Instead, "peak milestone" rewards are really just achievement rewards. Whatever the highest level of achievement you reach, that's the reward you get. You only get one. In that respect, they are very much like rank rewards. Whatever rank you reach, that's the reward you get. You don't get any of the lower rank rewards also. Peak milestone works the same way. Whatever "milestone" you reach, that's the reward you get. That's the only reward you get.

    Because you only get the highest peak milestone reward you reach, the game can't give you anything until the end of the event in question, because only then will the game know what "peak" you reached.

    What sucks is that it lowers motivation for reaching milestones during the event. They should have just kept the milestone rewards and added the Peak rewards on top at the end.

    They should have added the peak milestone system on top of, and not replacing, the normal milestone system in the game engine if for no other reason than its better to add systems than immediately eliminate them. But I don't see how the new system lowers motivation to score points.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    In theory I would think that the peak milestone system should be able to deliver rewards quicker? I’m no game developer so maybe I’m way off base, but once the event/AQ is done, the system should already know what you should receive as a reward. There’s no comparing scores and placing ranks, so the delivery of rewards should be smoother and quicker. But like I said, maybe I’m wrong.

    The "peak milestone system" included both replacing the normal milestone rewards with the peak milestone rewards, and enhancing the rank rewards and eliminating brackets. But rank rewards are still there, and still have to be computed. On the one hand, brackets are gone. On the other hand, that now means every alliance has to be sorted against every other alliance in one big list. My guess is that it is probably a wash as to how long it will take to compute rank rewards.

    Milestone rewards themselves actually could take slightly more time to deliver, because in the current system you get those as you go along, so there's nothing to do at all at the end. Peak milestones have to be determined and delivered at the end.

    But there really isn’t a rank. If you hit 1M you get these rewards, 2M gets these rewards, etc. there shouldn’t be any sorting. As soon as the event/AQ ends, you should be able to determine immediately what you’re getting.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,983 Guardian
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    In theory I would think that the peak milestone system should be able to deliver rewards quicker? I’m no game developer so maybe I’m way off base, but once the event/AQ is done, the system should already know what you should receive as a reward. There’s no comparing scores and placing ranks, so the delivery of rewards should be smoother and quicker. But like I said, maybe I’m wrong.

    The "peak milestone system" included both replacing the normal milestone rewards with the peak milestone rewards, and enhancing the rank rewards and eliminating brackets. But rank rewards are still there, and still have to be computed. On the one hand, brackets are gone. On the other hand, that now means every alliance has to be sorted against every other alliance in one big list. My guess is that it is probably a wash as to how long it will take to compute rank rewards.

    Milestone rewards themselves actually could take slightly more time to deliver, because in the current system you get those as you go along, so there's nothing to do at all at the end. Peak milestones have to be determined and delivered at the end.

    But there really isn’t a rank. If you hit 1M you get these rewards, 2M gets these rewards, etc. there shouldn’t be any sorting. As soon as the event/AQ ends, you should be able to determine immediately what you’re getting.

    If you are *only* talking about the milestone rewards themselves for AQ, then the new system can't be faster because in the old system nothing happened at the end of AQ: those rewards were handed out as they were earned. I was assuming you were talking about AQ rewards in general, and in the new system there are still rank rewards. The peak milestone system only replaces the old milestone rewards, not the end of week rank based rewards. It just eliminates brackets.

    AQ should be able to deliver peak milestone rewards fairly quickly, because as you said there's no need to do rank sorting. But it can't be faster than the current system, because the current milestone system doesn't have any rank sorting either, and on top of that it hands out those rewards as you go, not at the end.
  • Hey All,

    Quick last minute update here for rewards in Alliance Quests. To help consolidate the rewards we're awarding in Alliance Quests, and reduce the sheer number of items being awarded, we're gonna be consolidating the Tier 4 Class Catalyst fragments you receive. We don't usually include Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment crystals in Alliance Quests, so we're going to be using Glory Crystals instead. The amount of Shards you receive will not changing, but we'll be cutting the number of Crystals down and switching them for the equivalent amount of Glory Crystals.

    So, to be clear, there is no real change in the rewards, we're just going to be using Glory Crystals instead of T4CC Fragment Crystals.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,983 Guardian
    Hey All,

    Quick last minute update here for rewards in Alliance Quests. To help consolidate the rewards we're awarding in Alliance Quests, and reduce the sheer number of items being awarded, we're gonna be consolidating the Tier 4 Class Catalyst fragments you receive. We don't usually include Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment crystals in Alliance Quests, so we're going to be using Glory Crystals instead. The amount of Shards you receive will not changing, but we'll be cutting the number of Crystals down and switching them for the equivalent amount of Glory Crystals.

    So, to be clear, there is no real change in the rewards, we're just going to be using Glory Crystals instead of T4CC Fragment Crystals.

    Not that it matters a lot in terms of compensation, but this is totally weird.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike so are we to take it Kabam has a fix for the overheating issue and will be rolling that out with the new peak milestone system? Or is it just heres a new feature for our broken game once again?
  • Spurgeo14Spurgeo14 Posts: 1,178 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Escape2794 wrote: »
    I'm still confused with the peak milestones. Can someone explain them to me (for both AQ and non Aq) ?

    The best way to explain peak milestones is that they are unfortunately named. They are intended to replace milestone rewards, but they aren't really milestone rewards anymore. Instead, "peak milestone" rewards are really just achievement rewards. Whatever the highest level of achievement you reach, that's the reward you get. You only get one. In that respect, they are very much like rank rewards. Whatever rank you reach, that's the reward you get. You don't get any of the lower rank rewards also. Peak milestone works the same way. Whatever "milestone" you reach, that's the reward you get. That's the only reward you get.

    Because you only get the highest peak milestone reward you reach, the game can't give you anything until the end of the event in question, because only then will the game know what "peak" you reached.

    What sucks is that it lowers motivation for reaching milestones during the event. They should have just kept the milestone rewards and added the Peak rewards on top at the end.

    They should have added the peak milestone system on top of, and not replacing, the normal milestone system in the game engine if for no other reason than its better to add systems than immediately eliminate them. But I don't see how the new system lowers motivation to score points.

    Well, it lowers motivation for me because it takes longer to get my rewards. Hitting those milestones on days 1-4 encourages me to keep going and also is useful if there is something I am close to being able to purchase in the Glory store, but am just a few Glory short.
  • TaserfaceTaserface Posts: 31
    @Kabam Miike when is the new sa event u guys planned out coming next thursday ?
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 278 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Hey All,

    Quick last minute update here for rewards in Alliance Quests. To help consolidate the rewards we're awarding in Alliance Quests, and reduce the sheer number of items being awarded, we're gonna be consolidating the Tier 4 Class Catalyst fragments you receive. We don't usually include Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment crystals in Alliance Quests, so we're going to be using Glory Crystals instead. The amount of Shards you receive will not changing, but we'll be cutting the number of Crystals down and switching them for the equivalent amount of Glory Crystals.

    So, to be clear, there is no real change in the rewards, we're just going to be using Glory Crystals instead of T4CC Fragment Crystals.

    Not that it matters a lot in terms of compensation, but this is totally weird.

    A LOT less points for SA.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    Hey All,

    Quick last minute update here for rewards in Alliance Quests. To help consolidate the rewards we're awarding in Alliance Quests, and reduce the sheer number of items being awarded, we're gonna be consolidating the Tier 4 Class Catalyst fragments you receive. We don't usually include Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment crystals in Alliance Quests, so we're going to be using Glory Crystals instead. The amount of Shards you receive will not changing, but we'll be cutting the number of Crystals down and switching them for the equivalent amount of Glory Crystals.

    So, to be clear, there is no real change in the rewards, we're just going to be using Glory Crystals instead of T4CC Fragment Crystals.

    What does the “amount” of crystals matter? Are the servers getting full with too much memory taken up?

    Also T4Cc frag crystals have the potential to award a more variety I think that Glory crystals. So, and I may be wrong, you’re now limiting the players.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,570 ★★★★
    It’s a shame that this whole update is catered to the top end players.

    Shame no one at Kabam seem to think logistically or for the other 95% of the playerbase.

    All getting super hyped about this and it’s only gonna benefit the best of the best. Or the best at buying iPads for others to still pilot in wars, whatever their called these days
  • ODEKAODEKA Posts: 34
    @Kabam Miike Are we getting this AQ week free as well? Have I seen this somewhere? Or people are just talking about it? Thanks.

    Anyone else knows?
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    I wonder if it effects the SA event
    Hey All,

    Quick last minute update here for rewards in Alliance Quests. To help consolidate the rewards we're awarding in Alliance Quests, and reduce the sheer number of items being awarded, we're gonna be consolidating the Tier 4 Class Catalyst fragments you receive. We don't usually include Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment crystals in Alliance Quests, so we're going to be using Glory Crystals instead. The amount of Shards you receive will not changing, but we'll be cutting the number of Crystals down and switching them for the equivalent amount of Glory Crystals.

    So, to be clear, there is no real change in the rewards, we're just going to be using Glory Crystals instead of T4CC Fragment Crystals.
  • SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 516
    When will the new content in AQ appear? In 35 minutes? At the strike of the hour I’ll be able to see the new glory store, new milestones, etc. in-game?
  • Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    j2bxr1q8gn51.png

    Seems like it’s broken. I bought some alphas last week and now it’s showing 3/10 limit after reset. Cost on t2a shards also wrong.
  • Eagleernie1Eagleernie1 Posts: 15
    Mr_Chris wrote: »
    j2bxr1q8gn51.png

    Seems like it’s broken. I bought some alphas last week and now it’s showing 3/10 limit after reset. Cost on t2a shards also wrong.

    It hasn't reset yet. 12pm Pacific time. You can see the T4CC have 30 minutes remaining.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 6,576 ★★★★★
    Mr_Chris wrote: »
    j2bxr1q8gn51.png

    Seems like it’s broken. I bought some alphas last week and now it’s showing 3/10 limit after reset. Cost on t2a shards also wrong.

    It hasn't reset yet. 12pm Pacific time. You can see the T4CC have 30 minutes remaining.
    Can say aplha is brokken
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 2,482 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

    Quick last minute update here for rewards in Alliance Quests. To help consolidate the rewards we're awarding in Alliance Quests, and reduce the sheer number of items being awarded, we're gonna be consolidating the Tier 4 Class Catalyst fragments you receive. We don't usually include Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment crystals in Alliance Quests, so we're going to be using Glory Crystals instead. The amount of Shards you receive will not changing, but we'll be cutting the number of Crystals down and switching them for the equivalent amount of Glory Crystals.

    So, to be clear, there is no real change in the rewards, we're just going to be using Glory Crystals instead of T4CC Fragment Crystals.

    What does the “amount” of crystals matter? Are the servers getting full with too much memory taken up?

    Also T4Cc frag crystals have the potential to award a more variety I think that Glory crystals. So, and I may be wrong, you’re now limiting the players.

    I actually see it the exact opposite. I prefer the glory crystals getting more of one type. I just opened 60 t4cc frag crystals from monthly EQ and got nearly the same amount for each class, resulting in no class producing a finished catalyst. I find that more frustrating honestly.
  • HahaNuHahaNu Posts: 43
    Peak millestones! Are we suppose to collect them when we reach every millestone or at the end of the Aq week? I can`t claim them and was wondering if work as intended.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    HahaNu wrote: »
    Peak millestones! Are we suppose to collect them when we reach every millestone or at the end of the Aq week? I can`t claim them and was wondering if work as intended.

    You claim all rewards (milestone and ranked) at the end of the AQ week.
  • HahaNuHahaNu Posts: 43
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    HahaNu wrote: »
    Peak millestones! Are we suppose to collect them when we reach every millestone or at the end of the Aq week? I can`t claim them and was wondering if work as intended.

    You claim all rewards (milestone and ranked) at the end of the AQ week.

    Thx for answer, wasn`t sure of that.
Sign In or Register to comment.