**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

With These 30 Minute Timers...

Comments

• SixateSixate Posts: 62
    30 min times are a must have at this point in the game pure and simple please if anyone is listening make 30 min times on AQ a real solution to help us
  • BigMoBigMo Posts: 175
    I love 30 min timers. I can do the whole AQ map by myself.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    they put 30 min because of times like this, when they cant get there game right, they need some way of helping players "complete" aq

though there intent on aw is to not make u 100% the map.

but in masters/t1 war every single point matters.
    Wars was won by 1 more attack bonus, makes you think if 1 less person died u could of won the war..

This has been asked for a long time by alot of players can we get some feed back on this! At this time in the games lifespan 30min timers would not only make AQ more manageable and mentally less grueling for everyone involved it's a no brainer.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    Asmodeyus wrote: »
    I do think the 30m timers need to stay. Mostly because im not stressing on if i moved, whos waiting, etc. Its a MASSIVE relief. I have flexibility to run other maps, let my phone charge while its NOT in my hands, or heaven forbid a soild 6+ hours of sleep

This is so true. I’m actually having fun in AQ again instead of dreading 5 days of boredom.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    I LOVE THE 30 MINUTE TIMERS #KEEPTHEMFOREVER!!!!
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    The idea that 30 minute timers are detrimental to the player base is one of the dumbest things Kabam mods have ever tried to argue. I would say it is the dumbest but that's a pretty high bar...

That statement has been highly misinterpreted by the community.

In kabam's mind, the 1 hour timer, and length of the map is part of the challenge of AQ. The statement about "30 min timers would hurt players" was made assuming the overall nodes/time ratio remained the same. So effectively they would reduce the timers to 30 mins but double the amount of nodes needed to complete the map.

Personally I think a better fix would be give us 10 max energy instead of 5. They could leave the timer at 1 hour and keep the same map size that way.
    If a mod has any feedback on 30min timers and how we could petition for them that would be greatly appreciated.
  • 18sae5618sae56 Posts: 126
    I have been playing this game for 3 years now. Been an officer the whole time and we were a platinum 3 alliance both seasons. Recently we broke up due to officer fatigue. Some of it was due to the new AW dynamic requiring more officer organization, but the major issue is still AQ. People need to make themselves available almost all the time, some guys having to stay up way too late to clear nodes made some really great players retire early. I would often not recruit guys because of their time zones would make AQ impossible. 30 min timers are the way to go if you want longevity in this game.

Any mod's out there willing to weigh in on this? What is kabam's stance on keeping 1hr timers in AQ? Is it something we're missing or that's just the way it is and you don't want to change it?
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Take it from the players. 30 min timers in AQ make the game more enjoyable. We have enough stress in AW.

Cheers!
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Almost there @LeNoirFaineant
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Still waiting @CoatHang3r . Guess my opinion was wrong. Welcome to the idiots.
    I guess we will revisit this in 2021 while waiting an hour for our next energy to turn over.
    edited May 2020

I guess we will revisit this in 2021 while waiting an hour for our next energy to turn over.

Agree with this. I have no illusion that they will change it. Maybe you think that proves something. I do too. It's just not the same thing. Like I said, welcome to the club.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    We must make it ABSOLUTELY CLEAR to kabam that some people want 30 min timers but the length of the AQ map stays the way it is. If they give 30 min timers but double the length of the AQ map that is alot worse than the current state.

We must make it ABSOLUTELY CLEAR to kabam that some people want 30 min timers but the length of the AQ map stays the way it is. If they give 30 min timers but double the length of the AQ map that is alot worse than the current state.

Unpossible.
    @Championcritic couldn't agree more. Unfortunately we can't speak with one voice as the @CoatHang3r 's will always be there to champion the idiots. Nothing for it.
    He can't provide a single reason for his opposition that isn't stupitdy based but that won't stop him.

@Championcritic couldn't agree more. Unfortunately we can't speak with one voice as the @CoatHang3r 's will always be there to champion the idiots. Nothing for it.

What you fail to see is unification on this issue doesn’t change how the game mode is designed. It is designed to be played over 24 hours by 10 members each having an opportunity to participate.
    I'll make my stance perfectly clear. I am satisfied with 1 hour timers, but I definitely will not object to 30 min timers under the condition that map length doesn't change significantly. If the map length doubles, it is overall alot more stressful that what it currently is now.

What you fail to see is unification on this issue doesn’t change how the game mode is designed. It is designed to be played over 24 hours by 10 members each having an opportunity to participate.
    I understand that there is no reason for kabam to change the current system at this time, nor do I expect them to. However, there is also no reason to specifically object to the suggestion. This suggestion(as long as map length doesn't change) only serves to benefit players and there is no downside.
    @CoatHang3r I may not be aggressively pushing for 30 minute timers to be implemented, but I am also not aggressively trying to shut down the people who are making this suggestion that has no bad side effects as long as the map length doesn't change. I do not see why you need to aggressively shut down people whom are making the suggestion haha.

I understand that there is no reason for kabam to change the current system at this time, nor do I expect them to. However, there is also no reason to specifically object to the suggestion. This suggestion(as long as map length doesn't change) only serves to benefit players and there is no downside.
    Nope. There are downsides.

@CoatHang3r I may not be aggressively pushing for 30 minute timers to be implemented, but I am also not aggressively trying to shut down the people who are making this suggestion that has no bad side effects as long as the map length doesn't change. I do not see why you need to aggressively shut down people whom are making the suggestion haha.

Can you show me examples of what you describe as me aggressively trying to shut people down?

There are bad side effects and maybe that’s why you see people contradicting verifiably false assertions as aggressive.

Nope. There are downsides.
    What are the downsides again? Do provide some insight.
This discussion has been closed.