**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Infinity War Iron Man needs to be Nerfed

IWIM needs be nerfed as I feel there is no real true way and strategy to defeat him in AW. I have practiced on him countless times in Duels etc to prepare myself for him in AW and yet I feel it doesn’t matter because Duels are a joke compared to AW and nodes he’s placed on. Any champions that can shoot off 3 special 1’s back to back to back without even hitting him is crazy. Auto blocks, immune too buffs most the time like bleed poison etc. When the best way to beat a champ is intercepting their heavies with your heavies is the key then we have a problem. Hey I understand how great he is on defense but dang this is ridiculous and I feel Kabam should nerf IWIM. I’m curious what your thoughts on nerfing IWIM are. Thanks for listening.
-BKEsouthpaw

Comments

• na_na_ Posts: 55
    edited July 2018
    I think his armor up effect should be reduced. +2k armor rating is too much and it's hard to kill him in aw in 3 minutes with that armor. Other than that he's fine.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    na_ wrote: »
    I think his armor up effect should be reduced. +2k armor rating is too much and it's hard to kill him in aw in 3 minutes with that armor. Other than that he's fine.

agree.
    last war I fought against only a 4*R5 imiw on one of the "easier" node (enhanced armor, section1 - right side).
    i used 5*R4 GR at first without getting hit but I timed out after doing 50% damage.
    second attempt i used 5*R5 Blade. without getting hit i took him down 5-10 seconds before time out.
    i hate this guy.
  • ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    At least the animation of IMIW sp1 need to be fix, killmonger couldn’t true strike his sp1 because too far away by imiw last sp1 hit
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Get crossbones, stack some fury, and beat the **** out of him
    No armor means no autoblock
    Why no one mentions AAR champs is beyond me, but they are viable... yeah just viable
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Absolutely no nerfs, once you start with one champ it never ends and we have 12.0 again. He is mainly a defensive champ that helps shut down opponents in war and that is fine. Some wars mine will shut down everything, others he doesn't even get a kill. That's the way it is, just like mystics before the Trinity took over. If anything we should have synergies active to really shut down our opponents, everyone could save on items for war and just get as far as possible like kabam wants us to do.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    There are many champs that can counter imiw, just search on YouTube to find fights against IMIW in alliance wars
  • BKEsouthpawBKEsouthpaw Posts: 18
    Like I said, I get it and I understand his viability as a defensive champ. But I never and I mean never had issues with any other champ like I have had with IWIM. This mofo on a spite or bane node is cray cray. Lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Copenhagen wrote: »
    They need to do away with autoblock all together.

That would effectively nerf a number of Champs.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I disagree that he needs to be nerfed. He's hard, no doubt. We have to have some challenge introduced now and then. Otherwise it's the same, old Fights.
  • AjTodayBAjTodayB Posts: 326
    Check out some YouTube videos on good counters for him. He's honestly not as hard as people make him out to be if you have the right counters. I fight him almost every War in the challenger/expert AW map and he's not super tough at all. Just requires a certain style of play that you haven't adapted yet is all!
  • Super_Mitch_83Super_Mitch_83 Posts: 89
    He should be needed imo. I agree.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Many people say he should be nerfed. I suspect the real thoughts behind this are "I wish I had this awesome op champ, but since ive been unable to get him, I want to see him nerfed!"

It'll be quite humorous to see these requests for a nerf do a complete 180 when some of these complainants get a lucky crystal.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    We finally get a worth ironman let's Nerf him yeah and u wonder why we don't have any other good Ironman in other words quit whining and crying for a nerf
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Zzz wrote: »
    At least the animation of IMIW sp1 need to be fix, killmonger couldn’t true strike his sp1 because too far away by imiw last sp1 hit

No it’s not. You just didn’t get the timing right. IMIW sp1 can be counter attacked by every single champ in game.
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    I still don’t understand why medusa doesn’t prevent his armour, nowhere in her ability does it say her ability doesn’t work against passive armour buffs. IWIM has magic armour I guess 🙄 anyways I got 6* proxima so I slay him but I guess lucky me to land a new champ that has viable counter abilities to combat his cheap tactics.

Passive armor ups are not buffs. It states in Medusa’s abilities that she prevents armor up buffs (I think).
    Rets wrote: »
    na_ wrote: »

This. Without my starlord R5 i always get timeout on node 30. Only used heavy already takes time, and his hp wont go down cause of his op armor

That’s cause you’re not fighting him right. I could get him down to 15% in less than a minute because his hp pool is so long. Thereafter I have 2 mins to return heavies.