**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    There’s no way I’m attempting arena for my first Void. Muy triste
    @SMiller80

Almost word for word how I feel about playing less and less and dropping events each day. Already warped my case and I stupidly kept pushing my phone to where it would vibrate like a call would come in but wouldn’t show up on screen. I barely get to use all my AQ energy before I tap out. Luckily I have an alliance that understands even though most have android. They seem to agree that Kabam is totally in the wrong
    Fixxx wrote: »
    Two weeks in and Kabam still has not sent an in-game mail to warn players on iOS that 19.0 is risking our devices. This is utterly irresponsible

I wouldn’t have known until someone in alliance pointed it out. I knew my lifeproof case was feeling weird but didn’t think anything of it. It’s warped and basically trash now. If you have a iPhone it will ultimately lose lifespan each time playing MCOC. Without an in-game message there are a lot of iOS users damaging their phone under their cases without notice
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    KABAM, YOU HAVE BEEN SUMMONED. SPEAK UP.
  • CinnCinn Posts: 81
    I know everyone is upset about the overheating and overall poor gameplay (lag, bugs, money/-grabbing changes) but, I’m actually kind of happy with it. It’s forced me to play considerably less, I have no interest in purchasing their deals and it has forced me to look into new non-Kabam/Netmarble games. I know a lot of folks have spent a lot of time and money on this game but, the downhill slope that has been this game recently does have positive effects.
  • GeisønGeisøn Posts: 39
    Do we have new news about a possible update?
    @Kabam Miike
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    Ponyboy wrote: »
    Fixxx wrote: »
    Two weeks in and Kabam still has not sent an in-game mail to warn players on iOS that 19.0 is risking our devices. This is utterly irresponsible

I wouldn’t have known until someone in alliance pointed it out. I knew my lifeproof case was feeling weird but didn’t think anything of it. It’s warped and basically trash now. If you have a iPhone it will ultimately lose lifespan each time playing MCOC. Without an in-game message there are a lot of iOS users damaging their phone under their cases without notice

Exactly! Same here! I felt my phone warming up a bit but I didn't think much of it, and like I said earlier I saw calls come in on my watch but I couldn't answer it on my phone cause it never popped up. The app crashed a few times and then the phone reset twice. Sometimes I couldn't open apps. I was confused until someone brought up the issue in my alliance and then Forums. As you can see from my post count I'm fairly new to the Forums although I've been playing for two years. I'm not an avid game player to think about finding an online forum but the issue led me here. Otherwise, I would've never known & it's a bit annoying that Kabam and it's people couldn't decide to send out a warning. Pretty sure there's a lotttt more out there that aren't putting two and two together & just ruining their phones.
  • BabafrigoBabafrigo Posts: 44
    edited July 2018
    give us update or rollback to game v18.0
  • VeryCoolUserNameVeryCoolUserName Posts: 93
    Unplayable unfortunately...
    I'll wait for a fix and delay my act 5 progression
    :-(
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    Nice username. Separate note, come on Kabam!
    Unplayable unfortunately...
    I'll wait for a fix and delay my act 5 progression
    :-(

• book_er_tbook_er_t Posts: 29
    I’ve been really calm for weeks now. No arena, no Aw I’m enjoying some chilled mcoc. But damn now I can’t even do that. Within minutes of opening the game phone overheats more and quicker than before. And then I’m loosing sound during fights. I know if free to play. But if I’m spending money I need better service than this. @Kabam Miike @Kabam @Wolf" @Kabam Vydious it’s getting worse.
  • WsnapperWsnapper Posts: 4
    I can only play for a short time because your last update somehow ruins iPhones which is ridiculous. It’s been this way for sometime now and nothings been done. Big Surprise. Where’s the update to reverse this update? What is being done RIGHT now about it? You are destroying your own company because you can’t learn from mistakes, you’ve had a lot. You can do the “blame” game but I’m sure you “need to check your connection “ I suggest you move faster and put some points in “precision” to get these problems taken care of.
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    if some type of compensation is sent out via in game some alliance revives and health potions or units reimbursement would be nice with any lag constantly appearing in game when i think months ago there was not lag.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I agree that it would have been a safer choice to rollback the update. Even if it meant removing quests.
  • Getinthehole33Getinthehole33 Posts: 17
    When is the game going to be fixed? It’s been several weeks now of non stop problems. You would think that if you made a game that was causing phones to overheat they would take the issue seriously and fix it. Are they able to switch back to the previous update before 19? That would fix most of the issues instead of running a game that doesn’t work. It must be pretty embarrassing for all the staff there to have the game run so poorly and even more embarrass for the developers because they’ve never once developed and released something that worked as intended.
    The game isn’t working and they’re still releasing new content and making changes. They keep trying to make that square fit through the round hole.

I’d imagine they are losing a lot of revenue by the game not operating correctly. People better be losing their jobs over this
  • RockonRockon Posts: 271
    yeah maybe see who does a quests normally every month, maybe just finish the quests for everyone and put the items, shards, etc in their inventory, crystal stash, dupes, titles?
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    To fix this overheating issue it’s been over 2 weeks now at what point do we just turn away? I understand and appreciate the daily updates telling us nothing has been figured out but seriously is there a realistic time frame or should we start finding other things to do with our spare time? I really enjoy this game I have played since oct 2015 I don’t want to stop playing but I would like to be able to actually sit down and play for a bit when I have the time.
  • WestthepestWestthepest Posts: 9
    I do know that thanks to Kabam it looks like this winter while I watch my kids sports or go hunting all I have to do is open Marvel Contest of Champions and bam instant “hot hands”. No need for blankets or heaters, just start up a arena match, hold your phone close (not too close), and instantly it will feel like you’ve just arrived at the beach while the air around you sits at crisp 0. Just a thought but this very well may be a new marketing strategy to reach out to persons in Siberia. But seriously @Kabam Miike Kabam you guys have got to give us something.
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    Why don’t kaabam get outside help. It’s aperant they don’t have a clue right now. The state of the game is just bad right now. Introduce new alliance events but can’t even play then. Sounds like some changes are needed at Kabam. Pay a outside consultant to help figure this out.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Man this game eats a lot of battery, 35% in less than 5 hours and wasnt even playing it the entire time, it's biggest battery consumer on my phone by far the closest one is at 7% in that span.
  • DrdifferentDrdifferent Posts: 30
    On this post...
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »

We wanted to provide a further update on this issue. We are still working to resolve this matter...

...We don't have further information we can provide at this time...

...We will continue to post updates as they are available, but at this point in time will start to focus more on providing updates when we have additional information to give.
    So let me see...
    1. We want to update you
    2. We don't have any info
    3. We will post when we have info
    4. But we won't post any more until we have info (which we don't have)

That about sum up that update?
  • xxxsidewinderxxxxxxsidewinderxxx Posts: 74
    Agreed... I have lost fights in arena, quest and AW due to my phone overheating and just automatically shutting down. I can’t grind arena cuz my phone over heats and it’s just irritating
  • DrdifferentDrdifferent Posts: 30
    On this post...
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »

We wanted to provide a further update on this issue. We are still working to resolve this matter...

...We don't have further information we can provide at this time...

...We will continue to post updates as they are available, but at this point in time will start to focus more on providing updates when we have additional information to give.
    So let me see...
    1. We want to update you
    2. We don't have any info
    3. We will post when we have info
    4. But we won't post any more until we have info (which we don't have)

That about sum up that update?

I hate when my post is the last one on the bottom of a page...
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    You and a few other thousand, from which a few hundred have created the same threads over and over again because they haven't bothered to search the forum for the big one that already exists..
  • ralliesrallies Posts: 6
    congratulations kabam, you've managed to beat us again. Respect!!!!!!! :/
  • ralliesrallies Posts: 6
    why do we always have to pay for our mistakes? why?!
  • DineshnsDineshns Posts: 11
    Or maybe it’s because the issue actually started with the 18.0 update for some people but became more widespread with the 19.0 update and it’s been nearly 3 weeks and it’s still not resolved?! And Kabam is still pushing out new events and carrying on as normal even though a large proportion (if not a majority) of the community are being affected by this issue!

So here’s a crazy suggestion to stop people posting about the same problem on multiple threads.......FIX IT AND ACTUALLY DO WHAT KABAM SAY THEY ARE DOING WHICH IS TAKING THIS ISSUE SERIOUSLY!!!

Kabam are very quick to shut the game down with ‘Emergency Maintenance’ when they realise that there is a bug in the game which is giving players unfair advantage over AI........ironic how there hasn’t been ‘Emergency Maintenance’ with this problem though isn’t it? Guess the money is still flowing in from the rest of the community so it’s easier to just appear like they are trying their best to fix it as quickly as possibly and let people carry on playing in conditions that give the AI the advantage.
This discussion has been closed.