**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Adam666420Adam666420 Posts: 28
    Can we please get an update on the overheating issue. You would think at the rate your revenue and playerbase is plummeting you would be working around the clock to fix this game . Is this the end of the road for Mcoc? Don’t see a light at the end of the tunnel at this point .
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    I think at this point it is restitution not compensation...

It was always restitution. Compensation is what you get when you do something of value. Restitution is what you get when someone else does something that wrongs you.

Dr. Zola

I know at this point it's semantics, but since Kabam typically uses compensation as : "something that counterbalances or makes up for an undesirable or unwelcome state of affairs".

Where as restitution here is about "recompense for injury or loss." Including figuring out a way to make up some of the damages that have been done to people devices.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    Stop coming up with new content my goodness. Fix this game first, take a month off to rid the bugs. What’s hard to understand about this? It’s so aggravating gaming for 10 minutes logging off to let the phone cool. 😖
  • Bryan_85Bryan_85 Posts: 43
    How long has it been since 19.0 now? This is getting ridiculous. It’s been weeks now of unplayable content. You guys are still rolling out new AQ, new this and that and my game is playable for 6-7 minutes until it shuts down. My arena grind is completely gone, I have about 2-3 fights in war before my game gets too laggy to play. It’s getting to the point of me being done. Alliance member after alliance member deleting the game. We’ve replaced 10 guys in the alliance since 19.0. Fix the game!!!
  • KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
    Well folks. If you didn't know I made a video on how I fixed my overheating iphone. It worked for me. It didnt work for everyone. Today I updated to ios 12 beta 3. All overheating came back no matter what trick i tried. I had to dig deep. Before playing plugged into the charger prevented the overheating but now it didnt. So i went crazy on trying to fix it. Guess what. I fixed it. No overheating after 4 hours of gameplay and my phone is faster then it ever was after closing the game in the last month. Apps opening instantly. No warmth to the phone at all. I have someone on iOS 11.4 testing my fix tonight. Video is in the works for tomorrow after my work shift when i get the info back from the iOS 11.4 user. If i'm right this will work for everyone no matter what phone or iOS version they are using.

The bad news: I'm sorry to say it but Kabam will not be able to fix this issue. I'm 99.9% confident this is out of their scope. As much as we like to blame them no matter what they do on their end the issue will persist. They are not allowed to tell you what to do with your phone.

That said i'll report back tomorrow with my findings. To give you an idea I did two hours of plugged gameplay today and no overheating. I then took the risk and unplugged the phone and did another 2 hours of gameplay with no overheating. No tricks or gimmicks. I'm really shocked to be honest. Stay tuned.
  • CarstonatorCarstonator Posts: 7
    I cant even play for 5 min on my iPhone6 plus before is restarts the phone from over heating that’s playing on IOS 12.3 beta 12.2 lasted 10 min before restart or lock up so it seems to have gotten worse my IPhone X freezes up after 15/20 min arena play it’s been 17 freaking days now. And still nothing has been fixed! That can only mean they were sabotaged by an employee and they don’t have anyone to fix/solve it!
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    KerayZ wrote: »
    Well folks. If you didn't know I made a video on how I fixed my overheating iphone. It worked for me. It didnt work for everyone. Today I updated to ios 12 beta 3. All overheating came back no matter what trick i tried. I had to dig deep. Before playing plugged into the charger prevented the overheating but now it didnt. So i went crazy on trying to fix it. Guess what. I fixed it. No overheating after 4 hours of gameplay and my phone is faster then it ever was after closing the game in the last month. Apps opening instantly. No warmth to the phone at all. I have someone on iOS 11.4 testing my fix tonight. Video is in the works for tomorrow after my work shift when i get the info back from the iOS 11.4 user. If i'm right this will work for everyone no matter what phone or iOS version they are using.

The bad news: I'm sorry to say it but Kabam will not be able to fix this issue. I'm 99.9% confident this is out of their scope. As much as we like to blame them no matter what they do on their end the issue will persist. They are not allowed to tell you what to do with your phone.

That said i'll report back tomorrow with my findings. To give you an idea I did two hours of plugged gameplay today and no overheating. I then took the risk and unplugged the phone and did another 2 hours of gameplay with no overheating. No tricks or gimmicks. I'm really shocked to be honest. Stay tuned.

So it's a iOS bug?
    What about the android users reporting the overheating as well?
    @beyonder8421 if I’m right this will work on android too. I can’t get too much into detail without the video. You’ll see why. They may have started the problem but only we can reverse it.
    @beyonder8421 if I’m right this will work on android too. I can’t get too much into detail without the video. You’ll see why. They may have started the problem but only we can reverse it.

What's your channel?
    @beyonder8421 My YouTube channel is ilacskills. Not doing this for promotion though. Just want to help everyone and share what I’ve learned. I’ll post it tomorrow here so folks can see it without even going to YouTube if they wish.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Thanks @KerayZ Looking forward to the video. If you haven't watched his channel yet everyone I would recommend giving him a watch. Good content. I hope he's on to something.
    Hurry up BTW...lol...call in sick to work... JK.
  • ShaGaGyShaGaGy Posts: 73
    @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ so it has been 20 days now ? really guy ? thats what you do with #1 priorities ? how long are we going to wait and how more damage our phone must receive until you guys fix this problem ?
    ShaGaGy wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ so it has been 20 days now ? really guy ? thats what you do with #1 priorities ? how long are we going to wait and how more damage our phone must receive until you guys fix this problem ?

Well, there is no need to treat them like that. You can use sarcasm and passive aggressiveness like the rest.

I think it may be time to use the game only to collect daily freebies.
  • Kry0hKry0h Posts: 22
    i just want more free stuff tbh
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Free stuff is pointless if you can barely log in to make use of them

Anything new at all?
  • SickoSicko Posts: 2
    I have been getting the regular overheat and crash problem on iOS like everyone else but yesterday I got an unending loading screen that won't even crashes the iOS. I cannot play for more than 4 to 5 mins of the game on my iPhone 7. I haven't been able to do proper AQ as well as still not done with Event Quest Heroic. What is Kabam gonna do for us? Will there be any compensation for all of this?
  • SickoSicko Posts: 2

They should then roll back to last version and then work from the cratch on this one.
  • What do you guys think? Is it possible that this will be the future state of the game? It appears kabam will not be able to fix this, so is it possible they will actually not try to fix this, leave the state of the game like this and see what happens? Im really starting to think this might be the case. The millions are made, they kinda gave up?
  • Gjeodet1Gjeodet1 Posts: 14
    I’m just quitting it... too much time for this sh/ ... it destroyed my device and yet no news for it...
  • Ravenrob_33Ravenrob_33 Posts: 120
    Well my tablet is not overheating but the game is crashing about every 5-10 minutes making playing the game almost impossible at this point and I am on android you guys are right reverse this update and forget about the 3 new champions in the works and fix the game if there game team can't do then re-hire the team that designed the game in the first place to do it
  • SchapenkopSchapenkop Posts: 89
    I can't play it on my iPhone 8plus anymore. Just burning my hands after 10 - 15 minutes.

I seem to be able to play it normally on my iPad.

Both are on the latest iOS version.
  • android 7.0
    Huawei Mate 10 Lite
    WiFi
    event quests, arena, aq, aw
    my phone becomes hot after 10 minutes of play
    he frames start to drop and it starts to lag after those 10 minutes
    it's unbearable
    I couldn't finish the challenge, I'm getting destroyed in the uncollected event quest
    and every time I see Dormammu, MODOK, Ghost Rider, Memphisto in the quest I just quit cause I know it's gonna lag
    please fix it as soon as possible.
  • PiiitiPiiiti Posts: 13
    I'm slowly but surely recovering the last data from my burnt-out iPhone 6S. Since this debacle started it's gotten worse really fast and within 2 days my iPhone was completely unusable. I have to charge it when turned off, then I can turn it on and look up 2 phone numbers to write down. Then it overheats. Literally 15 seconds. Has to cool for about 30 mins and then I can look up 2 phone numbers again. And then the 100% charge is pretty much depleted. Before the MCOC update the phone was 100% fine.

Again: When are you guys gonna respond and compensate players for damage you caused to their devices? I have an invoice for €420,00 laying here with Kabam's name on it.
  • Kal_El3652Kal_El3652 Posts: 22
    Listen everyone, You are all playing this game at your own risk. If you looked at the Terms of Service, it covers them if there is any damage to peoples property. When they update their TOS and you continue to play you are therefore abiding by their rules and Kabam is no longer liable. I’m not a lawyer but I understand that they are not going to pay anyone for their damages. They are completely covered. They only way for you to get money is if you can prove that they knowingly put in Malicious Software within the game. We all know it’s just bad programming! Play at your own risk!!!
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    edited July 2018
    I also have the same problem as everyone else with iPhones. Same issues as everyone. Device and update is up to date as everyone else. That is for my iPhone 6.

Same thing to my iPad mini 4. Before the 19.0.0 version update, my iPad was always playing mcoc smoothly. Not anymore.

Apparently no one knows the real issue if it’s at kabam side or at apple side as both point finger at each other anyway so I took the matter on my own hand and did “erase all setting and content” on my iPad thinking it would solve the problem as last step only. Since it was in my iPad I don’t mind to reset everything there cause I don’t have anything that important there.

After resetting everything, started iPad as an new iPad option instead of retrieving my data before resetting (its saved in iTunes back up so no worries) and downloaded the game... somehow.. out of nowhere the lag stopped, the overheating stopped - only normal lukewarm - frame rate is up and good again.... the hell?

This shows that it’s an software issue or hardware issue?
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    edited July 2018
    I would like to know how Kabam is going to make restitution to me and the rest of the community that has suffered. Not only is my secondary iPhone damaged because of their lack of proper beta testing before this update was released. All so compensation for many... many... of us CUSTOMERS who haven’t been able to run ANY arena or event quest. I was averaging 2 4* crystals a week, lots of gold and units amongst other rewards are lost out on, had to sell tons of expiring ISO. I have opened one 4* crystal in the last three weeks, pretty sad. I post this to try to be heard but it feels like this falls on deaf ears or they plain don’t care about anyone other than the huge spenders. I received a copy and paste response about the damage to the iPhone in this picture. That’s very unfortunate and upsetting.cycflrnpbi7i.jpeg
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    edited July 2018
    I think one of the reasons why this problem has not been fixed. Some core Employee have left Kabam , these Employee were involved with updates within the game. With this staff leaving their knowledge is also gone. It could be staff not working for Kabam directly, but it should not this long to fix a problem that has serious impact to members/players

It might be a good idea to Employ people that test game on beta sever with new update before you release game to community. i suppose you should do that now before the next patch update.

Awaiting a positive update from Kabam
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    tonyj007 wrote: »
    I think one of the reasons why this problem has not been fixed. Some core Employee have left Kabam , these Employee were involved with updates within the game. With this staff leaving their knowledge is also gone. It could be staff not working for Kabam directly, but it should not this long to fix a problem that has serious impact to members/players

It might be a good idea to Employ people that test game on beta sever with new update before you release game to community. i suppose you should do that now before the next patch update.

Honestly, this issue seems to be more Kabam's code, possibly the underlying game engine based on what Kabam's code is doing, is triggering underlying bugs.

IOS is supposed to shut down with a warning BEFORE damage can occur.
    Most Androids throw thermal warnings as well.
  • crea7orcrea7or Posts: 12
    To all ios users, play at your own risk. My iPhone SE and iPhone 7 had hardware d

Seriously? U made several videos regarding this issue b4 and it mislead players to believe it will solve their problem just by using ios12 beta? Just becoz Kabam Mike said he using ios 12 beta and has no issue at all.
    Hope you really wanna help and not just want people to view your videos on YouTube for personal profit.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    tonyj007 wrote: »

Honestly, this issue seems to be more Kabam's code, possibly the underlying game engine based on what Kabam's code is doing, is triggering underlying bugs.

IOS is supposed to shut down with a warning BEFORE damage can occur.
    Most Androids throw thermal warnings as well.

My statement is to say to Kabam to be proactive before the next update

Kabam's code modified by Employee that might have left Kabam. Software is not supposed to damage hardware, normally a device fails due to hardware failure. There were too many bugs i the game , this month 1 bug too many.

Sorry we are now i testing phase now lets hope they can find a fix for both android and IOS that works

If you read earlier pages in this thread, can see lots of reason why this problem might have occurred.

Just want Kabam to fix this.

1st update from Kabam page 29, so long ago. Now on page 77.
This discussion has been closed.