**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    ANDROID case here -

I don't even know what is going on. I updated the game to 19.0 and overheating + crashes started happening more frequently. No matter what I was doing, the game can crash (thankfully never in middle of a fight).

So, yesterday I go back, uninstall the game, restart phone and re-install it after a few hours and what do you know - game is crashing even more now. Every 5 quest fights and I am back to home screen, haven't grinded arena yet. Earlier I could go through one entire quest before a crash.

Prior to 19.0, there would be occassional crashes , maybe once in 2-3 days.

Moto Z Play
    Android 7.1.1
  • Options
    ipickedanameipickedaname Posts: 7
    • iOS 11.4.1 (Updated to latest patch last night)
    • iPhone 7 plus
    • AT&T
    • Both WiFi and Data

iPhone continues to run hot, even after update to 11.4.1. Embedded code? I've never had an app on iOS that can heat the device simply by launching the app, with no interaction.
  • Options
    H_B0MBH_B0MB Posts: 52
    At this rate I wouldn’t be surprised if they just wait till next months monthly event update for the patch. For a game dev as successful as this to take so long must mean something is awry behind the scenes. I believe most of us had reasonable patience with the patch. A week would’ve been understandable...annoying but understandable. Going on 2 1/2 weeks is just unacceptable. They’ve really outdone themselves this time.
  • Options
    convalleconvalle Posts: 5
    Im also having an overheating problem on iphone 8 with the latest ios update
  • Options
    KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
    @crea7or you make 2 bucks for every 1000 views. If that bothers you for all the hours put into it. So be it. That be said for every one person the iOS 12 beta didn’t work for... 2 others it did. There’s a reason for this and I figured it out. So far myself, 2 other iOS 12 users and an iOS 11.4 user has confirmed my new method works. Fully.
  • Options
    KerayZ wrote: »
    @crea7or you make 2 bucks for every 1000 views. If that bothers you for all the hours put into it. So be it. That be said for every one person the iOS 12 beta didn’t work for... 2 others it did. There’s a reason for this and I figured it out. So far myself, 2 other iOS 12 users and an iOS 11.4 user has confirmed my new method works. Fully.

What’s your new method?
  • Options
    WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    Who the hell cares if a person makes money?! Really not sure why it REQUIRES a Video and you can’t just briefly explain it. Unless your trick is playing the game while your phone is balanced precariously on the end of a pencil in which case… Yeah, I would need to see a video to believe that
  • Options
    It’s called I have a career and I’m at work. Patience
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I remember your last video and I cannot for the life of me understand why playing with your phone plugged in helps…? What is the rationale? The only way I can see that making any sense is if the phone somehow bypasses the battery while it’s plugged into AC (which it does not) it’s still draws all of its power from the battery which causes heat, and your ADDING additional heat because it’s charging…?

It is also assuming that the issues originate from the battery. All of the heat is due to overworking the processor. The lag, glitches, and eventually shut down is due to having no more available processing Capability So your phone has a seizure.
  • Options
    EtherEther Posts: 13
    It's actually worse for me when my phone is plugged in. Gets hotter faster.
  • Options
    I've also been having a lot of trouble with lag or specifically input delay. Suddenly can't get a block up for the life of me. Dunno if it's connected, but I feel like it probably is. I'm worried that it's just my phone acting this way because it's been damaged.
  • Options
    ks101ab486ks101ab486 Posts: 51
    It’s called I have a career and I’m at work. Patience

Tried your method and doesn’t work. Why would anyone want to try again? And what proof do you have that Kabam can’t “fix this issue”? Pretty bold statement to make. If anything, it gives everyone waiting for an update no hope & to not trust Kabam at all to fix - which isn’t something I agree with crazy as irritated I am with the game.

Btw: I know more players retiring, quitting the game, and alliances stopping all spending until Kabam fixes the game.
  • Options
    WiMak wrote: »
    I remember your last video and I cannot for the life of me understand why playing with your phone plugged in helps…? What is the rationale? The only way I can see that making any sense is if the phone somehow bypasses the battery while it’s plugged into AC (which it does not) it’s still draws all of its power from the battery which causes heat, and your ADDING additional heat because it’s charging…?

It is also assuming that the issues originate from the battery. All of the heat is due to overworking the processor. The lag, glitches, and eventually shut down is due to having no more available processing Capability So your phone has a seizure.

Doesn’t matter if you understand it. Fact is it worked for me and many others. New comments confirming it too <3
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    This is the CPU performance over 10 minutes while running through medium proving ground A couple days ago. Absolutely everything I could turn off on my phone was turned off. You’ll notice it’s Max at the very end. My sound cut out and I shut the game down

https://youtu.be/Jc6JdW8A_2Y
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Doesn’t matter if you understand it. Fact is it worked for me and many others. New comments confirming it too <3

You misunderstand… I was actually looking for insight. Thought maybe you would have some working for Hewlett-Packard and sun Microsystems. Not sure why you would be defensive...?
  • Options
    To be honest, the fact that this problem has affected so many in identical ways but not ALL just confuses me.

The fact that some have been able to “fix“ the problem with a variety of methods but not ALL…

Personally, I’ve tried everything I can think of short of 12.0 Beta (haven’t had the best experience with beta in the past. Apps I use not working…) Including restore from a back up, factory reset and restore from backup, factory reset start a new… Turned off all possible settings… Nothing has Helped

Just confusing to me
  • Options
    All good man @WiMak only reason you’re here is because it didn’t work for you and I understand that. Folks it did work for aren’t here. Naturally. Let’s hope the new method helps.
  • Options
    roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    To be honest, the fact that this problem has affected so many in identical ways but not ALL just confuses me.

The fact that some have been able to “fix“ the problem with a variety of methods but not ALL…

Personally, I’ve tried everything I can think of short of 12.0 Beta (haven’t had the best experience with beta in the past. Apps I use not working…) Including restore from a back up, factory reset and restore from backup, factory reset start a new… Turned off all possible settings… Nothing has Helped

Just confusing to me

@WiMak I don’t know if it works for you but it have worked for me.

1) backup your iPhone/iPad on iTunes at your computer and save it.
    2) after completing the back up process then head over to settings to do “erase all settings and content” (fabric reset in another word).
    3) when the erase process has completed then your device will ask you if you want to start your device as an brand new device or retrieve your back up, start it as brand new.
    4) follow the guide with log in and all that to finally be at home screen.
    5 download mcoc and see if it works for you. Only download mcoc and nothing else.

In case if it doesn’t even work then I’m sorry that it didn’t work for you when it worked for my iPad mini 4 :( but no worries! You have already did an back up data on iTunes program in your computer so just head back to iTunes and restore the data you saved :)

Tag me if you didn’t understand some of it :)
  • Options
    That’s what I meant when I said factory reset start a new…
  • Options
    roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    That’s what I meant when I said factory reset start a new…
    @WiMak I apologize. I didn’t see the word factory reset. Supposedly a factory reset is only to be used as last resort and that’s very bad if it didn’t work for you :(

• Options
    xxxsidewinderxxxxxxsidewinderxxx Posts: 74
    can we get any information how this is progressing. I can't even grind arena without my phone overheating and shutting down. not to mention the few times ive been in AQ to get kicked out...
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    I wish they would confirm if I will get rewards from event quests, done them all since it started, and now due to their error I’m gonna miss out on great resources and rewards.

Put a ticket in and got the most stupid response ever.

It’s like it’s spellchecked for certain words and just generates a response to match, because if someone read what I actually said, the response would of been very different.
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    I've had to continue to hold off my return to Labyrinth of Legends due to the heating issue .... Vol is a sad panda.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    I've had to continue to hold off my return to Labyrinth of Legends due to the heating issue .... Vol is a sad panda.

I had a bunch of revives and health pots farmed for LoL and no way I can do it now. Have to keep selling them, last thing I need is gold right now. I'm beyond upset about that... probably more than anything else. I just loved fighting winter soldier all those times for gold.
  • Options
    nIHSEANnIHSEAN Posts: 67
    Since last few weeks, my device restarts before starting a fight or after finishing a fight.(mostly during arena and event quest fights).
    This happens 2-3 times a week.
    And time to request arena cooldown for a single champ is takinglike 8-10seconds
    There is no heating issue.

I have cleared system cache and done device reset a few times, yet no effect.

Android 6.0.1
    Redmi note 3 snapdragon version
    Latest MIUI version
  • Options
    TheeWolverineTheeWolverine Posts: 77
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Thanks for the reports, everyone. We continue to work on the issues that came with 19.0.
    Almost 3 weeks and still working on it! The game is unplayable now for three weeks, the beta testing isn't working, you continue to beg for more money, you've closed every bodies tickets thru support for refunds /damaged batteries with no answer and you just keep repeating the same thing. We're working on it! If you can't figure out what you screwed up in 17 days then you should fire your programmers. Cause this is rediculios to the point it's not even the least bit funny.
  • Options
    UndeadUndead Posts: 27
    For myself on android overheating started at 18.0
  • Options
    PetipoPetipo Posts: 5
    Kabam ihr seid ein Allianz killer...viele Spieler hören auf😤
  • Options
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Thanks for the reports, everyone. We continue to work on the issues that came with 19.0.
    Almost 3 weeks and still working on it! The game is unplayable now for three weeks, the beta testing isn't working, you continue to beg for more money, you've closed every bodies tickets thru support for refunds /damaged batteries with no answer and you just keep repeating the same thing. We're working on it! If you can't figure out what you screwed up in 17 days then you should fire your programmers. Cause this is rediculios to the point it's not even the least bit funny.

Easy, we've been begging for updates for days even if there isn't anything new just to let us know it isn't being ignored. Maybe they're gonna start doing that. Don't scare them off.
This discussion has been closed.