**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Phone still overheats after 19.0.1. On ios 11.4.1 better but not a full proof fix.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    SMiller80 wrote: »
    @Kabam Zibiit Any word on a fix for Android users?

I second that question

We’ve received some reports from Android users about possible similar issues, but have not seen anything on the same scale as the iOS issues, which were appearing in connection to some iOS only code. We have been investigating these reports from Android users on a case by case basis, and in some instances found that unique issues reported are with unique devices maxing out their capacity to run the game. We’re sorry to hear that you may be experiencing these issues; if you are, would it be possible for you to let us know what model of device you are using and what version of your OS you are running?

Well not sure if I buy that. My Google pixel 2 XL gets extremely warm. It definitely affects the phones performance too. No where close to my iPad mini 4 but shouldn't be dismissed, there's an issue there too. Hopefully this fixes my iOS problem, I'll be thrilled if so, but the pixel 2 is more than powerful enough to run the game.
  • Dark691Dark691 Posts: 2
    LMAO ... the update description literally says NOTHING about the issues people have been running into ..

I guess I wouldn’t list that “your phone may catch fire and we think we fixed it” either.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Karinshi wrote: »
    we better get all milestones from all arenas since 19.0, if less than that then keep it to yourself, and btw how about do some punishment in Kabam team for there mistakes? in real live, if you do big mistake like this there will be consequences, especially if it's in a monthly basis.
    also keep that ban hammer away from me for speaking what I see appropriate due to frustration.
    I'm almost semi quit the game for other game, I really don't want to quit..so don't force me

Punishment?
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Still have overheating even with the update

iPhone 7+
    iOS 14..4.
  • DrdifferentDrdifferent Posts: 30
    ...we are monitoring the performance of the update at the moment, to make sure that it is solving the problem and that that is our focus right now.

My issues are greatly reduced on my iPhone 7 with iOS 11.4 as well as my iPad with iOS 11.4, but it does still get warm. Of note, for the last two weeks, I had greatly reduced my game play to prevent any possible significant damage to my battery or device. But as you can tell from other posts from Android users as well as other iOS players, it's not completely resolved.
    Once we know that the issue has been addressed...We will also need some time to asses the full impact this has had on players...

I wrote this in another thread about compensation for an "Emergency Maintenance" on May 28 when Kabam Miike wrote "Once we have this all figured out, and fixed, we can look into how these Emergency Maintenances have affected all of our Summoners"
    That’s a pretty condescending statement. It obviously affects Summoners differently.
    With thousands of players, how does Kabam look into how these Emergency Maintenances (aka “outages”) have affected *all* of the Summoners?
  • Zer0bitsZer0bits Posts: 104
    edited July 2018
    After updating game to latest hotfix version, still experienced overheating issue. I then completely uninstalled the game and did a fresh install. Once done I hit the t1a arena for a run to check temperature performance. Just got done with an hour long run and I’m happy to say there were no longer overheating issues. It ran a bit warmer than before 19.0 was released but did not seem to kick in the thermal throttling anymore. Still experienced lag, unresponsive parry, evade and specials that didn’t trigger though. Hopefully this method helps anyone who is still experiencing overheating on iOS.
  • DiscountjohnnyDiscountjohnny Posts: 17
    K. Afaid to due a full out grind yet. (Baby steps) did however do an arena run of 33 champs. No lag and didnt get the black pin wheel of death screen. Definitely better performance but still running on the hot side. Not as hot by far but hotter then what i would call normal. Will step it up after a cool down period. Hopefully i can rejoin alliance and start earning some rewards after missing out on so much thus far.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Zer0bits wrote: »
    After updating game to latest hotfix version, still experienced overheating issue. I then completely uninstalled the game and did a fresh install. Once done I hit the t1a arena for a run to check temperature performance. Just got done with an hour long run and I’m happy to say there were no longer overheating issues. It ran a bit warmer than before 19.0 was released but did not seem to kick in the thermal throttling anymore. Still experienced lag, unresponsive parry, evade and specials that didn’t trigger though. Hopefully this method helps anyone who is still experiencing overheating on iOS.

That might help people actually. New and/or altered code was introduced. If there was an issue, clean install of latest version might work..
    I just patched, ran arena for roughly hour on ipad and so far the problem seems gone.

Tomorrow somewhere I will run on phone as well. See how that is now.
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    edited July 2018
    Thought50 wrote: »
    tonyj007 wrote: »
    If a car breaks down while you are driving , you take it to a mechanic to fix

If you took your devices to Apple shop, and said my devices gets hot and shuts down when i pay a game
    Apple would say do not to play and uninstall game

"NEO wrote: »
    It could be those still facing issues have pushed their devices past the point of no return. My one device was pushed to that point and had it repaired but the other I barely played on the last three weeks so it’s fine. Update is beneficial to some of us."

sorry to say this

True for the most part. But I look at like as I bought a Car, then put on some new tires that exploded. In doing so my car flipped and was totaled. Now the car worked ok, while the aftermarket tires messed up the car. Exactly what happened with Firestone in the 90’s.

You are right , but its the device that patch 19.0 damaged, not people.

If a device shuts down its a warning that something is wrong. It might not boot up, You just don't know. How many times must a device shut down before it fails to restart. Overheating on any electronics devices cannot be good .

i do know that there was a power drain problem, this will also impact on battery performance

For each devices has different tolerance for each player
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    DrZola wrote: »
    So far the update seems stable for me. Time will tell...

Assuming we are (mostly) out of the woods, a few general thoughts on game item relief:

(1) An immediate package of energy and pots would be a great start. Many of us are trying to fly through EQ before month’s end now that our phones appear to be maintaining reasonable temperatures. If you have a lot of “conversations” and wait until next week, that means quite a few of us may have decided to punt a difficulty or two of EQ because we didn’t want to spend resources when we, quite frankly, weren’t able to use our energy this month because of the game breaking. Timeliness matters.

(2) I don’t personally care if someone who had no problems gets the same as someone who struggled to even play the game under 19.0. It’s better to get moving on making players whole—if someone gets a windfall, I don’t care, and the odds are pretty good most players who weren’t directly harmed by 19.0 experienced reduced alliance payouts because they had mates who were hit by 19.0. Too hard to figure out who was impacted and by how much—the game has stunk royally the last month and sincere apologies are due to everyone. Forget trying to tailor the package to only those “affected.”

(3) Not mincing words—the totality of the relief needs to be big. I personally lost at least 3 friends who left the game in frustration this month. I have several more who are on a hair trigger for leaving, based almost completely on this past month’s utter meltdown. Nibbling at the problem isn’t going to work—better to be Daddy Warbucks this time, not Ebeneezer Scrooge.

Dr. Zola

You are right Dr, bring christmas early this year
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    SMiller80 wrote: »
    @Kabam Zibiit Any word on a fix for Android users?

I second that question

We’ve received some reports from Android users about possible similar issues, but have not seen anything on the same scale as the iOS issues, which were appearing in connection to some iOS only code. We have been investigating these reports from Android users on a case by case basis, and in some instances found that unique issues reported are with unique devices maxing out their capacity to run the game. We’re sorry to hear that you may be experiencing these issues; if you are, would it be possible for you to let us know what model of device you are using and what version of your OS you are running?

I'm running on a Galaxy 7. Running the latest version (8.0.0). Issues have been a major problem for me.
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    My iPhone 6S plus no change after upgrade I have the same heating issue and battery draining, currently put in lower power battery mode and do the same thing like killing app after few game play
  • Smitty138Smitty138 Posts: 104
    So Android users are once again thrown to the side on this??? Did you guys forget we are having major issues as well?? @Kabam Miike
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
    We have multiple problems from Android users in my alliance:

- Fights start like slow motion and lasts the entire fight (S7 Edge on Oreo)
    - Random short freeze (S7 Edge on Oreo)
    - Slow motion fights or slow motion around an animated special (S8+ on Oreo)

@Kabam Zibiit
  • KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159
    Played for 2 hours and no heating or crashing!
  • Soooo, new update after what...? 2-3 weeks? The positive: it’s a lot better. The downside: I’m still getting heat issues. The difference is that it now happens far more gradually and only after about 2 hours of gameplay. Before, it was after about 10 minutes.
    I’m a little peeved at missing out on events and arenas I would normally have run. But mostly I’m just hoping the next update will simply solve the issues fully.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Why do I need to come to the forums to find out there is a hotfix to download?
    Terrible communication skills. I will assume the only reason they don't let players know about this, is so they don't install and log in at the same time (avoiding a server crash).
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Still overheating. Ipad ios 11.4.1
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    Improvement yes, fixed no. Overheating still, but not shutting off.
  • JonLiuJonLiu Posts: 1
    Still overheating, but no crash yet. iOS 11.4.1 on iPad
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    The game is so much better than before. Still gets a little warmer than I remember but could be just that I'm paying attention now. The game play is so much better too. Keep making impovements please.
  • 3ul3r23ul3r2 Posts: 56
    edited July 2018
    So the response for Android users is get a new phone? It's bs you say its particular to each phone. There are so many complaints about the exact same thing...game just crashes to black screen every few fights. How can so many people saying the SAME EXACT thing imply that it is unique to each phone. Literally the opposite of the definition for unique.

@Kabam Spice @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Labamahama

One off you explain that logic please. Please don't ignore.

• 3ul3r23ul3r2 Posts: 56
    Android still super laggy and crashing after update. Hmm
  • JAQRIPPJAQRIPP Posts: 90
    IphoneX
    IOS 11.4.1
    WiFi & ATT
    Mcoc 19.0.1

Still overheating. Erased app and reloaded. Not fixed yet.
This discussion has been closed.