**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Rank Down Tickets

Comments

• IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    How about no. We don't need them. No changes that calls for them.
  • snapper77snapper77 Posts: 62
    NO RANK DOWNS ARE NEEDED. What we need, is what we lost. That, including... Shards, Potions, many items & energy. NOBODY ranked was forced to rank up a Groot. Nobody was was forced to Rank up a champion they would regret ranking. That would be they're fault alone. What isn't our fault, is losing arena rewards, many shards to war delays, & many hours of playing due to Maintenance & Phones Overheating. We need THOSE Rewards back. NOT Rank Downs. F*** Rank Downs.

What your failing to realize is Kabam needs to go above and beyond lost rewards from the in game issues. They need to win the fan base back because they are on the brink of losing a large part of the community at this point. Rank down tickets are something many want because every time you open your game and look at your roster there’s always going to be a newer champ you have that you want to rank but are months away from it happening. Nobody has been forced to rank ups for the most part but many alliances push certain rank ups on its members and put a lot of pressure on them to do so for progression.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    snapper77 wrote: »
    NO RANK DOWNS ARE NEEDED. What we need, is what we lost. That, including... Shards, Potions, many items & energy. NOBODY ranked was forced to rank up a Groot. Nobody was was forced to Rank up a champion they would regret ranking. That would be they're fault alone. What isn't our fault, is losing arena rewards, many shards to war delays, & many hours of playing due to Maintenance & Phones Overheating. We need THOSE Rewards back. NOT Rank Downs. F*** Rank Downs.

What your failing to realize is Kabam needs to go above and beyond lost rewards from the in game issues. They need to win the fan base back because they are on the brink of losing a large part of the community at this point. Rank down tickets are something many want because every time you open your game and look at your roster there’s always going to be a newer champ you have that you want to rank but are months away from it happening. Nobody has been forced to rank ups for the most part but many alliances push certain rank ups on its members and put a lot of pressure on them to do so for progression.

That's because the Tickets aren't for keeping up with the Jones'. They're not for Compensation, or for ongoing issues, or because of any of the multitude of reasons people ask for them. They're for major changes to the way Champs are intended to perform.
    Making choices on who we Rank is a part of playing the game. So is working to earn more Resources to Rank more Champs. This is a final decision. Ranking is irreversible. Not a process that we take with the expectation of redoing it when something better comes out. We Rank Champs, use them to earn more Resources, and Rank more. That's how we progress. Essentially what people are asking for is a way to bypass playing the game. It's a never-ending cycle. We have to play to earn those Resources, not wait for the game to give us the Resources to earn more Resources to Rank the Champs we are going to want to swap when something new comes out.
  • HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118

That's because the Tickets aren't for keeping up with the Jones'. They're not for Compensation, or for ongoing issues, or because of any of the multitude of reasons people ask for them. They're for major changes to the way Champs are intended to perform.
    Making choices on who we Rank is a part of playing the game. So is working to earn more Resources to Rank more Champs. This is a final decision. Ranking is irreversible. Not a process that we take with the expectation of redoing it when something better comes out. We Rank Champs, use them to earn more Resources, and Rank more. That's how we progress. Essentially what people are asking for is a way to bypass playing the game. It's a never-ending cycle. We have to play to earn those Resources, not wait for the game to give us the Resources to earn more Resources to Rank the Champs we are going to want to swap when something new comes out.

I agree with it except for T2A, there isn’t a good source of it to progress at any reasonable speed after completing Act 5. ’d prefer more rank up material opportunities for all the R3 5 stars I have riding the bench. Working on LOL, but that is the longest road to hell for just 6 of them for the 100%. Screw the RDTs so long as we can complete content and actually get rewards to rank our champs to their potential.

I agree with it except for T2A, there isn’t a good source of it to progress at any reasonable speed after completing Act 5. ’d prefer more rank up material opportunities for all the R3 5 stars I have riding the bench. Working on LOL, but that is the longest road to hell for just 6 of them for the 100%. Screw the RDTs so long as we can complete content and actually get rewards to rank our champs to their potential.

Seasons, EQ, Glory, Special Events.
  • HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118

So you aren’t in favor of more T2A availability? Or just like to point out where you can get 1/8th or 1/16 of one of them?

So you aren’t in favor of more T2A availability? Or just like to point out where you can get 1/8th or 1/16 of one of them?

That's two separate thoughts. Am I in favor. As the game progresses, yes. They've become more available, and they will increase as the game evolves. I'm pointing out that they're available. They're not meant to be that easy to get they're rare. There's always going to be some Resource that takes time to accumulate. A 5* is a higher Rarity, and 6*s aren't that old. It will take time to Rank Champs the higher you go. Otherwise you end up with a group of Players that advance much faster than anyone before them can catch up with.
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    the RDT are useless
    we need more gold and more T2A and T4B
    to bring all champions to the max rank
  • H_B0MBH_B0MB Posts: 52
    Like others have already said on here...rank down tix were issued for a specific reason that was champ related. The lastest 19.0 fiasco had nothing to do with champs abilities/mechanics but just the game as a whole not operating properly. At best the most reasonable compensation should be hero crystals. They could use their old format of handing out different tiers of compensation based off overall PI. Lower PI like 350k and below could recieve a 4* and above 350k a 5*. Just a thought...
  • CoachLedCoachLed Posts: 355 ★★
    Thank you for all of your thoughts guys. We have some really good ideas and opinions about this topic. After hearing everything that you all have said, I can agree that RDTs should not be given out as “compensation” for the recent problems. However, I do think that RDTs or even RUTs SHOULD be given out as a gift, a form of appreciation, or even a peace offering. That would go a long way in smoothing things over with the players.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Sigh...
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    There is no excitement about getting new champions when you know you won’t be able to rank them for months. Of course people will quit. RDTs can slow down the quitting rate.
  • Darkrider05Darkrider05 Posts: 288 ★★★
    H_B0MB wrote: »
    Like others have already said on here...rank down tix were issued for a specific reason that was champ related. The lastest 19.0 fiasco had nothing to do with champs abilities/mechanics but just the game as a whole not operating properly. At best the most reasonable compensation should be hero crystals. They could use their old format of handing out different tiers of compensation based off overall PI. Lower PI like 350k and below could recieve a 4* and above 350k a 5*. Just a thought...

This is total bs as if a 350k pi and above players were affected in a different way than players with lower than 350k pi
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 409 ★★★
    I wouldn’t mind ranking down Clops from R4 but if it doesn’t happen I’m cool too. He has his uses. Like the debuff immune path in Map 5. His ability to Crit though blocks is pretty cool. People have said before why would I rank 4 Clops and my answer is he was my first awakened 5* and needed the rank up for prestige. The prestige race forced us to rank a lot of champs that you normally wouldn’t. Anyone who says differently is either lying or wasn’t around for the prestige race when 5* came out
    Jakearound wrote: »
    I wouldn’t mind ranking down Clops from R4 but if it doesn’t happen I’m cool too. He has his uses. Like the debuff immune path in Map 5. His ability to Crit though blocks is pretty cool. People have said before why would I rank 4 Clops and my answer is he was my first awakened 5* and needed the rank up for prestige. The prestige race forced us to rank a lot of champs that you normally wouldn’t. Anyone who says differently is either lying or wasn’t around for the prestige race when 5* came out

So true. Now that prestige isn’t as important....it would be nice to change some things
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    RDTs aren't warranted for the current state of the game but players would be thrilled to get one again as a Holiday present like we did last year
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 167
    No to more RDTs for these cases. The ghosts of users whose posts are no longer able to be seen on this board support me. They're booing these threads.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    No rdt. Why cause the update made you rank a **** champ? I don’t think so.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Shrinidhi wrote: »

This is total bs as if a 350k pi and above players were affected in a different way than players with lower than 350k pi

You are totally right it should be based off prestige.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    I'd like some more bonus ones like Christmas last year. They weren't for any game related changes but they were still useful.
    DL864 wrote: »
    No rdt. Why cause the update made you rank a **** champ? I don’t think so.

We’ve established that isn’t not because of changes that came with the update. RDTs at this point would just be a gift of sorts due to the issues that we have seen. Just something that a lot of people want and could use that would help alleviate some of the frustration that has built up.
  • H_B0MBH_B0MB Posts: 52

DL864 wrote: »
    Shrinidhi wrote: »

You are totally right it should be based off prestige.

I agree but i highly doubt Kabam will issue out any compensation based off prestige. They never have before. What they have done before is what I mentioned earlier and spread out compensation rewards based off of overall PI. They either do that or just give out a general apology package which honestly would probably be crappier since it’d include the brand new players with who might not even have 1 4* yet. Dividing it off of overall PI is the lesser of the two evils.
    I’m not sure what the right way to go is. That’s a tough one. Now we’re starting to see the struggles that Kabam face in terms of trying to please everyone.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    Stop.
    Asking.
    For.
    Rankdown tickets.

No champ was changed, no content drastically altered.
    Even with the problems with the game atm, there is no single reason for rankdown tickets. None.

I agree. RDTs should only be given out if drastic changes were made to champions.

What if Kamala Khan or carbage gets a huge buff? I just want to point out that a significant boost on **** champ should count as a significant change as well and I might want the option to rank someone down to free up the resources so I can rank the buffed champs up.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    We need rank down tickets as compensation. But only for 4 star champs.

The changes to AA warranted rank down tickets.

The changes to GP warranted rank down tickets.

The changes to PURE Skill warranted skill rank down tickets.

The Changes to leadership synergy warranted rank down tickets.

There are many changes that required compensation.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Lysiszero wrote: »
    For all the issues in game who cares about rank down tickets. Serously. Why work in reverse at this point. I want rank up tickets. All the events I've lost out on, arenas, completions, aq and aw. Rank up tickets are what would actually be helpful. Hi cares that you took your 5* carnage to rank 3 because you believed kabam when they said he would be fixed. I'll take 5 5* rank ups, 10 4* rank ups and 20 3* rank ups.

It is to take down certain champions who don’t have much use any more and to take up much better champions
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    We don’t have any plans to distribute Rank Down tickets as this is resolving a bug and not changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.

If I'm interpreting this statement that addressed Archangel's neurotoxin stun correctly the only thing that might warrant rank down tickets is if the recent dexterity/mystic dispersion beta testing are implemented. Otherwise we can only hope Kabam feels generous this Holiday season like they did last year.
This discussion has been closed.