**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magik node 30 AW unbeatable on first attempt.

2»

Comments

• Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Will AA not work here? I can usually get a neurotoxin or 2 from just 2 parry's and 2 heavies which shuts down her limbo and healing. Then I just keep it going with heavies and sp1. Is there something keeping AA from being super effective against this node?

See: Cornered and Masochism

Would have to get real lucky for it to work and she'd still gain massive power.

AH. Didn't see "cornered" in the original post. Was curious. Thanks for clearing it up. Back to doom and gloom....
  • Options
    ZainshamsZainshams Posts: 102
    To make things competitive in aw as seatin said remove item use or use of boosts. Why make a particular node×3 times harder and force people to spend items? One gets damage while blocking and even hitting. It feels as tough as ice phoenix and if one doesn't have blade she's almost undefeatable. With power start 1 she always triggers limbo at the beginning taking away almost 30-35% of your health. That node doesn't even care of your skills and it has made aw much harder and a real headache which ruins the fun element of this game.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Zainshams wrote: »
    To make things competitive in aw as seatin said remove item use or use of boosts. Why make a particular node×3 times harder and force people to spend items? One gets damage while blocking and even hitting. It feels as tough as ice phoenix and if one doesn't have blade she's almost undefeatable. With power start 1 she always triggers limbo at the beginning taking away almost 30-35% of your health. That node doesn't even care of your skills and it has made aw much harder and a real headache which ruins the fun element of this game.

It's because removing items or boosts would not make kabam any money. Making the nodes harder does.
  • Options
    FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    NDK13 wrote: »
    Node 30 is currently the worst node available but magik isn't even the best champs to place there blade can easily solo her. Place medusa killmonger or imiw for it to be insane.
    There are multiple counters though which I won't be telling.

Well that's not nice. Share the info if you have it. Don't make us spend to fill kabams wallets.

Proxima Midnight's block/parry has 200% offensive ability accuracy reduction. It doesn't trigger Masochism, and if it's her mission then she would get a brief True Accuracy as well
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Fixxx wrote: »
    Proxima Midnight's block/parry has 200% offensive ability accuracy reduction. It doesn't trigger Masochism, and if it's her mission then she would get a brief True Accuracy as well

Think she'd work for 5/65 Medusa. 5/65 Hyperion would be much harder unless she used an invulnerability boost.
  • Options
    ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    The team you've taken in doesn't help as none can shut her down or even slow her other than maybe GR. Magik would work best against a fellow Magik, Blade might do fine despite the cornered, if you abuse debuffs Void can get the job done against a Meph so I assume the same against a Magik, as mentioned before Gulk is another option. Sparky is great for this node against all but Mystics with MD.
  • Options
    FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Fixxx wrote: »

Think she'd work for 5/65 Medusa. 5/65 Hyperion would be much harder unless she used an invulnerability boost.

With Hyperion, Magik remains the most reliable despite the first Power Lock hit feeding Masochism. I always find his Power Gain more troubling
  • Options
    BurroBurro Posts: 82
    If they place a Magik or Dorm, use Gulk. If it’s Mephisto, use Void. IMIW, use Void. If it’s pretty much any other champ use Sabretooth with the Killmonger synergy (hint: it turns masochism off). Just don’t use any of his specials as they cause bleed which procs cornered which = you’re going to take a beating. I hated this node at first, but now I prefer it over most of the others. It can definely be solo’d if you bring the right champs for the defender and play smart. GR, Storm and CM are absolutely horrible for this node.
  • Options
    Ethans8279Ethans8279 Posts: 129
    For node 30 Magik , you can only use r4 Magik or r5 Blade if you don't want to use any boost and potions.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    and just like that, a dead thread was revived