**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Announcing: Gwenpool Goes to the Movies

Comments

• Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Ch1efster wrote: »
    I'm gonna guess no because they are not on the list. Guessing if they do not have (ragnarok) or (Infinity War) after their name, they are the original versions of those champs.

Could be wrong though....
    Bahamut wrote: »
    The list says it’s just the normal versions

The list also doesn't specify that Thor and War Machine aren't in the 5* Cinematic Crystal. Wouldn't mind Gulk and Cap IW taking their spots in the 5* Cinematic Crystal, or even one of them with Ant-Man.
  • Options
    KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    If you end up not having a needed Champion, this Event’s Rewards are designed to help expand your roster with the Champions needed! We have new Cinematic Crystals you can earn to add these Champions to your roster. These Quests also won’t disappear after the next set becomes available, so you’ll still be able to complete Week 1 Quests in Week 4, and will have an extra week at the end of the month where you can continue to complete the Quests.

If the crystals don't contain a 100% chance to get the champion that you need, then I'm going to pass. I've never bought a FGMC and I'm not going to start buying crystals to have, "required," champions.

I don't know what I did but my text is orange.

Its not 100% the champ you need but is 100% one of the champs in the list
  • Options
    Will the 5* cinematic and legendary cinematic have a chance at 5* Thor? Or is he not in the crystal?

Thor and War Machine are not in the 5-Star Cinematic Crystal.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Only the Champions listed as required are in the Cinematic Crystals... Which sucks, because I really wanted to add Cap to my team.

Thanks Miike, would love to add a 4* or 5* Cap IW to my team too
  • Options
    This looks nice
  • Options
    Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    First off, this sounds like the 2nd best event we've had all year (behind trials of the king/infinite). But my real question is, is epic difficulty the same thing as uncollected difficulty, and if so does that mean uncollected difficulty is being renamed to epic difficulty?
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    So if I have a 2* version of the specific champ that’s enough ?
    I can get in with my 2* and play with my 5 stars to beat the epic difficulty ?
    Or am I required to use that specific champ to fight ?
  • Options
    TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Onmix wrote: »

I'm fairly sure it just means you'd just need the 2* on your team but could use any other champs in the rest of your team
  • Options
    Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    Kabam Doot wrote: »

Each quest has 2 paths, one of which will require a specific Hero to enter. This Hero will be related to the movie the quest is for. (You’ll want an Iron Man for the Iron Man Quest, for example) A Hero of ANY rarity will grant you access down these paths and allow you to get your Mastery Rewards.

Iron Man
    Hulk
    Warmachine
    Thor
    Captain America
    Hawkeye
    Iron Patriot
    Loki
    Winter Soldier
    Star-Lord
    Ultron
    YellowJacket
    Black Panther (Civil War)
    Mordo
    Yondu
    Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced)
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Killmonger
    Iron Man (Infinity War)
    Wasp

Could you clarify this? It sounds like certain paths will ONLY open if you have a specific champion. The next sentence says that heroes of ANY rarity will grant access to these paths. So, in your example with Iron Man, you can enter the quest and do 1 of the 2 paths without Iron Man. You would earn completion awards at that point. In order to access the blocked path, you would need to have Iron Man in your quest team. If you then finished this blocked path, you would earn Mastery rewards? Or can you complete both paths with ANY of the listed heroes to earn Mastery Rewards? In this example, the blocked path requires Iron Man, & I leave him off my questing team and use Loki instead. Would I be able to access and complete both paths, earning full Mastery Rewards?

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Can I ask, what will the pi of the epic difficulty champs be? Will it be like the uncollected difficulty?
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Zeronaut81 wrote: »

Each quest has 2 paths, one of which will require a specific Hero to enter. This Hero will be related to the movie the quest is for. (You’ll want an Iron Man for the Iron Man Quest, for example) A Hero of ANY rarity will grant you access down these paths and allow you to get your Mastery Rewards.

Iron Man
    Hulk
    Warmachine
    Thor
    Captain America
    Hawkeye
    Iron Patriot
    Loki
    Winter Soldier
    Star-Lord
    Ultron
    YellowJacket
    Mordo
    Yondu
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Killmonger
    Iron Man (Infinity War)
    Wasp

Could you clarify this? It sounds like certain paths will ONLY open if you have a specific champion. The next sentence says that heroes of ANY rarity will grant access to these paths. So, in your example with Iron Man, you can enter the quest and do 1 of the 2 paths without Iron Man. You would earn completion awards at that point. In order to access the blocked path, you would need to have Iron Man in your quest team. If you then finished this blocked path, you would earn Mastery rewards? Or can you complete both paths with ANY of the listed heroes to earn Mastery Rewards? In this example, the blocked path requires Iron Man, & I leave him off my questing team and use Loki instead. Would I be able to access and complete both paths, earning full Mastery Rewards?

20 quests, 20 required champs. Each quest will have one of the 20 required heroes. It will be a specific hero gate like in act 4 (Spider-Man/Colossus). So you have to have Iron Man for example for quest 1 to explore. For quest 2 you need Hulk to explore. For quest 3 you need War Machine to explore, etc, just as examples. So you will need 1 specific champ of any star tier of each of the 20 champs to explore each and every quest.
  • Options
    LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    The way it looks is
    1. Any star rating of the specific champ will open the gate to the second path for 100% per difficulty.
    2. Each week will be 5 champs needed and whatever quests you were unable to finish can be finished later in the month.
    3. Quick match aka 1 vs 1 arena will award cinematic 2* crystals starting aug 8th.
    4. The rewards listed are the total rewards for the end of the event (like peak milestones are)
    5. Not all champs on the list will be obtainable as 5*
    6. Claimed to be short paths and fairly easy yet themed to specific movies so a hulk event could have abomination, red hulk. Avengers could have black widow, ironman, cap america, winter soldier... so on.
    7. No hints to node buffs, opponent rating for master or epic not given yet.
    8. Event specific crystals at the end of event will award 1 of the champs listed for the event except 5* Thor and 5* war machine.
  • Options
    ElusiveElusive Posts: 45
    Few 2* to add to my roster... Amazing!
    Also any information on energy cost?
  • Options
    D_TD_T Posts: 11
    edited July 2018
    Hi

I realise the cinematic crystals (& 2* basic quickmatch crystals) will provide us with a chance to get all the heroes required to explore all the quests, but it’s still pretty low odds (1/20 at best if it’s 100% even for all champs including the recent exclusive ones in IMIW & wasp).

Would it be possible for us to get a 2* basic version of each specific champ (needed for the associated gate) as a result of completing each mini-quest? It wouldn’t really be a major competitive advantage, just ease the pain of those unlucky with crystals...
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I only need the champs listed above to open the Gate and I am still able to use other champs to actually beat the quest right?
  • Options
    I only need the champs listed above to open the Gate and I am still able to use other champs to actually beat the quest right?

For example day 1 lets say its hulk, you just need to have a hulk(1*/2*/etc.) in your team but you can play with any other champ, hulk is only to open the gate(like in act 4 with spiderman)
  • Options
    As long as it doesn't do that STUPID mechanic Infinity Dungeons did and block most people from doing all difficulties, I'm down for it.
  • Options
    LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    Just hope they don't announce the plot twist that you need 6k prestige just to play master difficulty and need 5* version of the champ to open the epic quest all should be fine.... still waiting for the "fine print" tho
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    TwmR wrote: »
    Onmix wrote: »

I'm fairly sure it just means you'd just need the 2* on your team but could use any other champs in the rest of your team

That’s what I thought too. I just wanted to be sure. 👍🏻
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
    But Wasp just got in the game and if the crystals aren’t geared towards specific champs then the possibility of not being able to complete ALL of these is certainly there as @Qu1ckshoT32_Gaming said earlier :/@Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike just to clarify epic is uncollected difficulty right?
  • Options
    ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    Another reason to NOT sell your champs
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    ShadeZero wrote: »
    Another reason to NOT sell your champs

And to get in the 3* Featured pool even if you can't get champs in the 4*/5* arena.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    I like the sound of this; although the need for specific champions is a little limiting.

However, if you are going to run events like this, all I'd like to say is: How about you starting to show the extended MCU a bit more love?

There's enough already in the game to build a quest around:
    Daredevil (Netflix)
    Electra
    Punisher
    Jessica Jones (NPC)
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist
    Kingpin
    Quake
    Ghost Rider
    (should we mention the Inhumans? BB, Medusa, Karnak)

Maybe this would be an opportunity to finally introduce Cloak and Dagger?
  • Options
    Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    So how hard are the heroic, master and epic quests? What are the approximate PI? Can I beat them with 4/40 3* modok, 3/30 4* archangel, 2/20 4* magik and a 4/40 3* doc oct?
  • Options
    gabmucs_MYgabmucs_MY Posts: 143
    Finally a chance to get myself a killmonger
  • Options
    battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    Will the 5* cinematic and legendary cinematic have a chance at 5* Thor? Or is he not in the crystal?

Note: The hype around this event would be immense if they were in the crystal. Why not just let an exclusive 5* sneak out once in awhile. It's not gonna break the game. smh.
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    So will any quickmatch crystals currently in my crystal stash be converted to the special crystals?

SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER

Iron Man
    Hulk
    Warmachine
    Thor
    Captain America
    Hawkeye
    Iron Patriot
    Loki
    Winter Soldier
    Star-Lord
    Ultron
    YellowJacket
    Mordo
    Yondu
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Killmonger
    Iron Man (Infinity War)
    Wasp

^^Also just to be sure, are these are the champions in those crystals?
    If so then i can't wait to get my hands on 2* versions of wasp/IMIW/Killmonger/starky/yondu/mordo/loki, cause I'm a collector lol.