**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[Android] Lag and Performance Investigation

12345679»

Comments

• MariaJeanMariaJean Posts: 33
    edited July 2018
    Device and Model: LG Q6
    Device Operating System: 7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 19.0.0
    Game Mode: All modes, most notable in alliance quest and especially war.
    Description of Issue: This has been happening since 17.0 but has escalated since 19.0 and peeked in the last 3 days. The game will no longer allow instant reaction yet bots can, such as 2 dashing backwards in a row despite having max dexterity and blocking right after delivering hits. The worst is when dash backwards doesn't respond to sweeps at all, so my champs simply stand up from a block and takes full hits. This has happened to all my champs, the ones I primarily use are Yellowjacket, Voodoo, Stark Spidey, Iceman, Ultron, and Magik.
  • MariaJeanMariaJean Posts: 33
    Just happened 10 to 15 times in aq with Ultron and Yellowjacket.
  • Aftab_sidAftab_sid Posts: 24
    Device : Lg Stylus 2
    Android : 7
    Game Version : Latest
    Cellular or Wifi : Both
    Game Mode : All
    As soon as it logs in it starts to skip frames and within 10-20 seconds game crashes...not able to do absolutely anything from the past 1 week
  • Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    Anyone else feeling that this has ramped up since yesterday?
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    Device : Samsung Galaxy Note 8
    Android: 8.0.0
    Game Version: 19.0.0
    Cellular or Wifi: Both
    Game Mode: Arena, Quest, Alliance War, Alliance Quest

Controls are periodically unresponsive. I can attempt to block, activate specials, dash back, or do anything on the left side of the screen and the controls only sometimes respond. (Note: This is a relatively new phone with no physical damage.)
    I experience lag in gameplay; my characters are slow to respond, and the graphics are jumpy. The WiFi connection is solid and operating at high speed. Cellular connection is strong (full bars).

Thank you.
  • Viplav386Viplav386 Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    Device: Samsung j5 prime
    Android 7.0
    Game version 19.0.0
    Connection 4g LET
    Game mode : all( arena, quests, as and aw)
    Unresponsive controlswhen blocking and evading, jumpy graphics, slow response, lag issue, not able to see champ avatars while opening crystal even when signal strength is strong. This update took my most of revives, potions and units due to lag issue.
  • Jmd82Jmd82 Posts: 60
    Device - samsung galaxy s8+
    Android - 8.0.0
    Game version - 19.0.0
    Connection - both
    Game mode - all

Im experiencingin fight lag and unresponsive game play these come and go from fight to fight. Main problems are listed below.

1. When goin for a 5 hit combo on the 3rd or 4th hit my champ looses control and takes a combo from the defender. It feels like I micro pause type of lag.
    2. When I go for the opening parry my champ stays in this manner only allowing me to move back and won't attack.
    3. When I do get a 5 hit combo and go for an sp1/sp2 I feel the same micro pause and the special is blocked.
    4. General sluggish game play that was'nt apparent pre 19.0 update.
    5. My phones temperature can raise up to 45 degrees from it's usual 32 degrees unsure if that's too hot but it didn't feel that hot prior to the 19.0 update.

All that is not every fight but enough to seriously make me want to stop playing.
  • Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    Jmd82 wrote: »
    Device - samsung galaxy s8+
    Android - 8.0.0
    Game version - 19.0.0
    Connection - both
    Game mode - all

Im experiencingin fight lag and unresponsive game play these come and go from fight to fight. Main problems are listed below.

1. When goin for a 5 hit combo on the 3rd or 4th hit my champ looses control and takes a combo from the defender. It feels like I micro pause type of lag.
    2. When I go for the opening parry my champ stays in this manner only allowing me to move back and won't attack.
    3. When I do get a 5 hit combo and go for an sp1/sp2 I feel the same micro pause and the special is blocked.
    4. General sluggish game play that was'nt apparent pre 19.0 update.
    5. My phones temperature can raise up to 45 degrees from it's usual 32 degrees unsure if that's too hot but it didn't feel that hot prior to the 19.0 update.

All that is not every fight but enough to seriously make me want to stop playing.

Exactly the same issue and phone...but it's been goin on for a while...worse in war and aq
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Samsung Galaxy Tab E
    Android 7.0
    Wi-Fi
    Version 19.0

Arena, Master, War, AQ

The lag is rendering it almost unplayable. I'm in a War, first Node, couldn't move. Just kept mashing the buttons while I got hit. Block comes after they hit, Evade won't work. AI will Evade immediately after Blocking. Controls won't respond, or are very delayed. It's been all month in the Arena, but the War I'm in was the worst. Literally couldn't move. Master lags badly around 3.1, 3.2. I hope you guys find a way to resolve it. It's hardly playable for me. Thanks.
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 128
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0
    Free memory: 1.2 GB out of 4 GB
    Free space: 4.9 GB out of 32 GB
    Game Version Installed: 19 (851312)
    Game Mode: All combat
    Description of the Issue:

1) Random mid fight frame skipping / freeze where inputs are not registered
    2) Occasional fight slowdown
  • NathanparkerNathanparker Posts: 25
    edited July 2018
    If we learn something with the overheating issue with iOS is that you have the resourses to look, research and test solutions to game issues and, like we are seing now, get results in less than a month, so my question is, when the Android users are getting our beta test to solve the issues this game has since last november? Why are android users less important than iOS? Yes, I know they are not the same issues, that the iOS issue is dangerous and therefore, needs an ASAP solution, but we are part of your player base and 8 months have gone by without any solution, I have lost battles because the champions became unresponsive or the game crashes or lags, again, I know they are not the same problems, but this is a competitive game and Android users are already in a disadvantage compared to iOS with the performance of the game, and then you add more performance issues that make the performance gap between both OS even bigger, that's just not fair.
    Oh, and before somebody says "this is off-topic" or "this is not the place for this", I already made a post with all the information requested a month and a half ago
  • Ravi1729Ravi1729 Posts: 3
    Device: Redmi note 4
    Android 7.0
    Game version:19.0.0
    Cellular or Wifi: Cellular
    I purchased Tier4 pym particle disk this noon.
    My signal was lost after I completed that event & it asked me to login again.
    When I logged in, I didn't find any rewards!!
    Kindly help me regarding this issue....
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 201
    New phone.
    Oneplus6
    Android 8.1
    Just no block no moving forward no moving backward! AI moving everywhere at normal speed. AQ of course. Just wait til war starts :( Wtf. I give up. My phone is good man. My wifi is excellent my data signal is excellent, everything but this game works a dream.
  • ClaymoreClaymore Posts: 0
    I have this Asus memopad 7 with an Intel CPU. And mcoc looks amazing on that device, it's like a tegra level graphics. Very beautiful graphics specially with a 1280x800 resolution. It runs smoothly too. But the problem is, it crashes everytime. Kabam when will you fix your issues with Intel based Android devices? There are alot of us that uses Intel based tablets you know. Cause why we choose mediatek Android devices when we can get Intel right? . Please fix this issues
  • Gino1290Gino1290 Posts: 37
    Samsung galaxy s8
    Android 8.0
    Both wifi and cell coverage (sprint is my carrier)
    Version 17.2.0
    Several issues1)on the 5th hit of a combo my champ will freeze for a split second and when it comes out im already getting hit!!
    2) i block a 5 hit combo standing toe to toe with my opponent and when i go to hit him he gets a special attack off or i dodge his heavy attack and immediately he gets off a special which i get hit with, the ai has an unfair,inhuman advantage
    3)ill be mid combo say 3rd out of a 5 hit combo,i completely lose control my champ dashes to the back of the screen and then charges forward
  • Gino1290Gino1290 Posts: 37
    I think im mistaken i have the latest version available for the month of july,i think its v18
    And the game modes affected by these issues is EVERY SINGLE ONE!! I doubt kabam is even threading this thread anymore ,its despicable the way they treat us i loved this game and these issues have been happening for awhile theyre not even trying, but when iPhone users have an issue they fix it in a couple of weeks
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    Hey kabam, how about commenting here? You direct people here and close threads and delete posts and say go post your issues here yet it has been months since any mod/administrator has said anything in this dedicated thread. All these issues and complaints are valid yet go ignored. We need an update to what is being done other than "were looking into it" or "were passing this to the team". We need actual answers here. Transparency which was stated you would do after the 12.1 boycott. Many issues have been going on over a year yet android users go ignored yet iOS gets all the attention. I personally lost 3 devices to overheating from this game, I personally get hit with bad lag constantly. It's time we get answers and if the "team" doesn't want to give answers than you need a new team that is open to the community.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    Device and Version: Google Pixel 2

Device Operating System: OS 8.1.0

Mobile Carrier: Verizon

Cellular or WiFi: both

Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Alliance War, all of the above

Champions Affected: n/a

Active Boosts: no boosts

Description of the Issue: After playing mcoc for about 20 minutes, my phone begins to get really hot. I have a temperature app running in the background that shows the temperature reaches around 112-115F after 30 minutes of play. Too hot to even hold the phone. I have to kill the game from the switcher and then my phone cools down in about 15-20 minutes. It doesn't overheat while using any other app

Screenshot or Video: n/a
  • Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    Gino1290 wrote: »
    Samsung galaxy s8
    Android 8.0
    Both wifi and cell coverage (sprint is my carrier)
    Version 17.2.0
    Several issues1)on the 5th hit of a combo my champ will freeze for a split second and when it comes out im already getting hit!!
    2) i block a 5 hit combo standing toe to toe with my opponent and when i go to hit him he gets a special attack off or i dodge his heavy attack and immediately he gets off a special which i get hit with, the ai has an unfair,inhuman advantage
    3)ill be mid combo say 3rd out of a 5 hit combo,i completely lose control my champ dashes to the back of the screen and then charges forward

My problem as well...but with s8+
  • Shakenbake629Shakenbake629 Posts: 22
    Device and Model: Google Pixel XL
    Device Operating System: Android 8.1.0
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Alliance Quest, Alliance War, and Arena.
    Description of the Issue: All champions are affected by heavy lag. Occasionally all controls freeze after an evade of special attacks which leads to being pummeled by a combo. Numerous times with all champions a special is blocked after chaining into it via a 5 hit combo, most frequently that I've noticed is iron man's special 2. After a dexterity back the controls don't register and cause my champions to attack in place and "miss" consecutive attacks. Have been 2 hits into a combo where the hits never registered and the AI transitioned into a special attack. Same thing with a heavy attack, particularly with proxima midnight. Parry stunned winter soldier and launched heavy. The first strike made contact but didn't register damage, then as she swung around he launched a special as he exited his stun and before the 2nd hit landed. My primary question team consists of blade, Stark enhanced spiderman, ghost Rider, Medusa, and gwenpool. Have also experienced the same issues while using Luke cage, void, nebula, Angela and many others throughout arena. Game also occasionally has a pop up that says there is an error loading content before the game shuts down. None of this occurred consistently prior to 19.0 version.
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    If a game is working today and lags tomorrow it definitely is a server issue, although I do agree it could affect just one kind of devices sometimes. More often its not but your ticketing system does take all the info, as I have filled 2 tickets, I do know. Also glad to say that issue was resolved after an uninstall and reinstall.

I think what happened was, some older files which didnt come through in the patch during the update caused the issue. Uninstalled and reinstalled everything worked. Probably look at updating more files and checking dependencies during patch release.
  • BlackFreQuencyBlackFreQuency Posts: 91
    Samsung galaxy j7
    android 6.0.1
    Wifi

overheating and lagging
  • NoTaxTeaNoTaxTea Posts: 84
    Zte blade spark
    Android 7.1(nougat)
    Both WiFi and cell, (mainly WiFi)
    Most up to date version
    If I block he heavy attacks
    If I single tap the right side he dashes backwards
    If I dash forward he blocks,
    If I dash backwards he single hits opponent (no more than max 3/5 hit combo
    If I do nothing he gets stuck in a continuous backward dash .
    Parry (if inflicted it'll Parry me and both the AI,
    Dexterity will pop up
    Dexterity
    Dexterity
    Dexterity
    Dexterity
    But I only evade/dexterity 1ce and it stacks 4 (it don't give critical into consideration when calculating damage,
    I can't hit criticals,EVER
    it force closes app alot,(story,aq,aw, monthly events,daily events,arenas,duels,rol,AND IT DOES IT ALOT IN AW, I LANDED 3 HITS WITH 3 DIFFERENT CHAMPS, other than those 3x I got killed horribly, and I am no NOOB I've been playing since 2015, I no this game well, and I no these functions are not working properly, please fix this asap kabam, I don't want to throw away 3 years of hard work just because y'all can't get this game disfunctions resolved
  • NoTaxTeaNoTaxTea Posts: 84
    urk05suu41ee.png
    7frshjhqdef6.png
    d7lfo9ivk3kz.png
    rur8n3ptg2py.png
    vldwl69hkufp.png
    The last one happened to me back to back to back (3x) in a row, AW mini boss
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Thank you all for the reports. Moving forward, we will split these threads based upon game version. So if you are having performance issues on Android in the 19.1 version of the game, please report those in detail in a reply to this thread.
This discussion has been closed.