**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Case for retrial for some beta test exploiters

2»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Deadly2016 wrote: »
    my thoughts, if you purchased a odin on beta and logen into live seeing you got additinoal 3.1k units there, free without charge, id expect any beta tester to send a ticked that something is wrong. not only the big exploiters of the bug with over 1 mio units gained are at fault.
    a beta is per definition something you should find bugs, and a interaction with the live server is a major bug. if you fail to report it you didnt do your job, and if you exploit the 'trust' set into you by buying even more then the permaban is justified in my opinion.
    anyone buying one (or maybe 2-3) and reporting the bug however did what they should, should get rolled back to normal and of course be free of any punishment.

I agree, they should be banned. But, their offense was way less than the fraud units scam. That involved actual stolen money which was a crime. These are digital items not paid for so no one was stolen from. Fraud units got a 1 week ban basically because kabam still got paid for the units, in this case kabam did not get paid.

There is no difference. It's all stolen currency.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    my thoughts, if you purchased a odin on beta and logen into live seeing you got additinoal 3.1k units there, free without charge, id expect any beta tester to send a ticked that something is wrong. not only the big exploiters of the bug with over 1 mio units gained are at fault.
    a beta is per definition something you should find bugs, and a interaction with the live server is a major bug. if you fail to report it you didnt do your job, and if you exploit the 'trust' set into you by buying even more then the permaban is justified in my opinion.
    anyone buying one (or maybe 2-3) and reporting the bug however did what they should, should get rolled back to normal and of course be free of any punishment.

I agree, they should be banned. But, their offense was way less than the fraud units scam. That involved actual stolen money which was a crime. These are digital items not paid for so no one was stolen from. Fraud units got a 1 week ban basically because kabam still got paid for the units, in this case kabam did not get paid.

Wrong. There is a huge difference between theft from people and free units that no one paid for.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Wrong. There is a huge difference between theft from people and free units that no one paid for.

Dude. They're both Theft.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★

Dude. They're both Theft.

In game currency will not put food on the table and pay the electric bill. The money stolen from people to buy units will, definitely not the same.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    In-game Currency is not some imaginary substance without value. It represents time, effort, and money. Time and effort to earn it, create it, maintain it, money to pay those that create it and maintain it, lost potential earnings from giving it for free, cost of paying someone to recoup it, many ways. It is not just a program that someone didn't pay for. Everything has a value.
    Bottom line is, stealing is stealing. When you take something that doesn't belong to you, it's Theft. No matter what it is. Digital Currency has Laws and Taxes surrounding it. It's not "nothing". They're both Theft. Whether Cash or Units.
  • Options
    Hey guys, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, these Forums are not the place to discuss any actions taken on individual accounts, including in-game bans. If you would like more information on how we expect players to behave in the game, you can find it HERE.
This discussion has been closed.