**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

IMIW armor up while armor shattered

Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
So Medusa's armor shattered does not stop IMIW from fetting armor ups, but prevents her from any additional armor breaks on him while its active.

Medusa's armor shattered ability specifically states that it prevents opponents from armor buffs while it's active. There is nothing I can fine in IMIW abilities that state armor shattered doesn't work on him, or that AAR is reduced in any way regarding his armor up buffs.

Anybody have any more info on this?
Is it working as intended or a bug?

Is there another forum post about this? (Search option is a joke on here)

Comments

• Dhorne61Dhorne61 Posts: 109
    I think his armor up is a passive buff. So it can’t be removed.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    I think kabam should adjust that, just for class advantage continuity. Sort of like how they did for AA neurotoxin stun bypassing bpcw reflect stun
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    As you can see in other threads like this one, armor shattered only avoids armor buffs.
    IW IM armors are passive, therefore they still trigger even if armor shattered is activated.
    In theory, armor breaks shouldn't remove armor passives, but they do in this case since it is an ability from iron man
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    edited July 2018
    Dhorne61 wrote: »
    I think his armor up is a passive buff. So it can’t be removed.

Yep, @Dhorne61 is correct; his Molecular Armors are Passive Effects, but Medusa's Armor Shattered prevents active Armor Buffs. Active Buffs, like Medusa's Fury Buffs, can be distinguished by the ring around their icon, but Passive Effects, like Molecular Armor, do not have those.
    Who do you use to defeat him?? @Kabam Zibiit
  • WWIDBWWIDB Posts: 44
    So IMIW has “Armor Passives” not “Armor Buffs?” Isn’t it still a buff, even if it is just a passive one?
    Don't use the term "passive buffs".
    That doesn't exist, and will only make you more confuse about how these abilities are supposed to work
  • PandamanPetePandamanPete Posts: 107
    On another note, colossus in LoL was activating armor buffs with armor shattered up during second enrage
    On another note, colossus in LoL was activating armor buffs with armor shattered up during second enrage

Probably because he gets a lot more ability accuracy, which denies her ability to avoid armor buffs from triggering
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Passive buff is still a buff. Says shatter prevents further armor buffs... doesn’t say anything about active. Feel free to change Medusa’s description to active buffs, but the way her description is written, you’re selling champions based on lies and deceit. “It’s a “passive” not a buff” argument is ridiculous. Yeah it’s a passive buff. It’s still a buff. Buff is a boost in a category that makes the campion stronger. IM armor buffs can call em anything you want, they’re buffs. It is what it is... I fight him and beat him without depending on armor shatter.... but don’t pretend this isn’t a horse **** of an explanation. “Don’t think of them as buffs”?! Yeah I guess that does make it easier to accept.... except you have to think of them of buffs because they’re buffs.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    The “passive” is such BS, just a way to screw us over.

If there is an ability sold for a champ, like Medusa, passive or non passive they shouldn’t be able to get around her ability.

Otherwise it’s false advertisement

No, it isn't. They didn't changed anything, and their abiliies were stated fron the beginning.
    They can't simply change every passive thing to a buff or a debuff. That would change 80%+ of the characters and make other abilities useless.
    The passive things are fine as they are. Players just need to know how to distinguish these from buffs or debuffs, which isn't that hard at all

I know it isn’t hard, but medusa shouldn’t be sold an ability that can just be screwed over by something that’s “passive”
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    It's been that way all along. There are Active and Passive Abilities.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I believe that the same issue circulated when using Medusa against the tech Sentinels before they were nerfed in Alliance Quest.

I remember a lot of it being in the Forum and a lot of conversation occurring very similar to the one here. Many members saw that as an issue that needed to be fixed and lo and behold here we are in the same situation with now a second champ that's unexplainably impervious to her armor break abilities.

I got nothing. Lol
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,052 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    this bs with passive buffs have been an issue for quite a while actually. it's not only about medusa, mystic champs can't nullify it, Ronan's sig for example also doesn't work with it. passives are just a cheap way to make new champs better than old ones. it's lame, but on the other hand it's better than add +1 star to champs every year. but still lame
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    She affects Killmonger’s passive armor, why not IMIW?3s5qkrhbyt7y.gif

She does
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    EvilRazor wrote: »
    If armor shattered is not effective against Iron Man IW passive armor to prevent new armor to active, so why do you have this in the Champion Spotlight?

jl7mgn4mafel.jpg

Description forces deception in this case @Kabam Zibiit
    Please bring this to the team

LOL seriously? Can we get a moderator to comment on this? Or if the official Kabam character descriptions we've used for years are suddenly not trustworthy, at least a heads up on that? You LITERALLY SAY in the official description she is a good counter and it affects molecular armor. And please, let's let a mod respond and not someone on here who thinks they are one.

It says she can break and shatter armor not allowing him to keep his armors up for a long time. Not that it stops his armor ups from happening. So in fact she is doing as they said she would consistantly break his armor