**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* Karnak... to rank, or not to rank

RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
I finally am at the point where I can rank up a skill 5* to rank 3. The only one is Karnak. Does he have the potential to help me get through 5.2.3-5.2.6? Or should I wait for someone better. He's not a terrible character, but definitely is not the best. Feedback and opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

5* Karnak... to rank, or not to rank 42 votes

Yes, rank that Karnak to R3
30% 13 votes
No, do not. There are many champs that are much better.
69% 29 votes

Comments

• XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Definitely not a strong option, you’re about to cross into Masochism territory, Karnak isn’t gonna help you out there, bane, he could be ok for evade champs, but there’s better out there
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Eesh...

I would only rank him if you're planning on dedicating yourself to AW paths usually populated with NC, Spidey, IMIW and Medusa.

Karnak is pretty awful.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    See, my whole dilemma is I am the leader of an alliance that was dropped in my lap, which has grown quite a bit under my leadership but not near enough. With the exception of my officers and myself, most of the rest are very low level and incapable. The only maps that we can guarantee win without myself and officers doing 99% of the work is map 2 and almost map 3. So as a result, the t4cc are few and far between.
    See, my whole dilemma is I am the leader of an alliance that was dropped in my lap, which has grown quite a bit under my leadership but not near enough. With the exception of my officers and myself, most of the rest are very low level and incapable. The only maps that we can guarantee win without myself and officers doing 99% of the work is map 2 and almost map 3. So as a result, the t4cc are few and far between.

Well if that's the case...

Save them, dude.

There are so many better options.
    Moreover, you need to be focused on building a a strong AQ roster.

Karnak just isn't a viable choice at your point in the game.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    I like my 6* alot
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    He has his uses, and i like him

However, despite the fact that kabam tagged him as raw damage dealer, he just does mot have enough damage output
    Because of his focus ability, his crit rate and crit damage rate is set low.
    His attacks does not hit hard at all.
    His sp1 damage is the worst. Well maybe spider Gwen sp1 is the worst but you get the idea from the fact that im comparing anyone with spider Gwen

So i would not spend resources on him just yet
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I have a maxed Medusa, but even before i maxed her, i had her at rank 4 and brought Karnak along through act 5. I even brought him to the labyrinth. He is usually not that useful but in those long fights he did some decent damage (not as much as the other at his level), but he crits pretty much all the time when focused. So, for my particular situation, it was useful to rank him up. Especially if you have Black Bolt and Medusa.
  • GonzzaGonzza Posts: 62
    I have a maxed Medusa, but even before i maxed her, i had her at rank 4 and brought Karnak along through act 5. I even brought him to the labyrinth. He is usually not that useful but in those long fights he did some decent damage (not as much as the other at his level), but he crits pretty much all the time when focused. So, for my particular situation, it was useful to rank him up. Especially if you have Black Bolt and Medusa.

I have a 4* 4/40 duped medusa, and both 4* Karnak and Black Bolt aswell. I haven’t spenat Any resources on them yet as i have a few better 4* champions that i use. Are they worth ranking up and using with Medusa for the unique synergies?