**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How’d everyone do in the goldpool arena?

2»

Comments

• MalkingreyMalkingrey Posts: 26
    23.5 million and I got nothing!! I never want to hear or see the name Goldpool ever again !!!
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    I am honestly shocked. Thought for sure people would push to around 20m and taper off.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    For some reason I was damn sure the message said July 29th was the starting date which doesn't make sense now. So I didn't even notice it was going on till late Friday. So I just got in the pool.
  • MandingloweMandinglowe Posts: 9
    I scored 16.45 million, landed in the 1-10% range and placed 513. Does this make sense? How many people were even in this arena???
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I scored 16.45 million, landed in the 1-10% range and placed 513. Does this make sense? How many people were even in this arena???

Should've been 14 - 15,000
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    34.6mil got 36th place.
  • MandingloweMandinglowe Posts: 9
    Hulk_77 wrote: »

Should've been 14 - 15,000

Hmmm, if I were expecting 15k participants I would have pushed to 20 million... and still fell short. I know there was the shortage last time around. But there were a lot of people sleep during that time. I have goldpool already. But looks like I got to work on completing act 5 for the dupe.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Well, I did 3 Mil and placed in the 3ks, so the curves are quite interesting. Glad I didnt go all-out regardless because I probably only would have put up 15 Mil. In which case I'd currently be in a coma, very angry. Lol.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    I don't understand how you remove the previous top 200 and yet there cutoff jumps up 10M points higher.

Added 10 extra hours to grind.. more people had this arena cycle to grind lots of factors

The extra time isn't proportional to what appear to be the higher scoring. It seems more likely to me to be following the pattern in the arena where if a cutoff appears far lower than most people expect it to be in round one, the cutoff jumps higher in round two because more people are encouraged to grind harder thinking they have a better shot at that champion. I think given how huge the cutoffs were for the qualifying rounds a lot of people simply didn't bother trying hard during the first iteration, and the downtime increased that tendency. This time around, a lot of people who stopped at the milestones went all out thinking that anything above 20 million had a great shot at it, which ironically (but commonly) increased the cutoff well above that score.
  • Deadly2016Deadly2016 Posts: 75
    lot of reasons possible for that cutoff:
    - summervacation for the kids/students and maybe the parents
    - phones working again without to much heat
    - servers had no outage this time
    - low first time cutoff, allot expected it around new featured 5* cutoff (40-50 mio) and felt 15+ as possible
    - low interest in featured champ (antman)
    - eq close to an end so most have allready finished what they wanted to finish

if my isp did not deny me playing for the saturday afternoon/evening i would have ended around 27mio and felt very save, but ok 24,75 mio-> 207 people wanted goldpool more then me (or had more time/units to spend) and thats the nature of competition and limited spots in the sun, no reason to blame kabam or swear oaths to not spend anymore because of that.