So I give up 3 of my t4cc..

245678

Comments

  • KahrahtayKahrahtay Posts: 111
    @Kabam Miike
    Why is tech missing? Out of the 6 classes
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Let me tell you guys something that's going to blow your mind! You don't have to use it! *gasp* . I may not ever use it, but at least it's a option if I need it.
  • WWIDBWWIDB Posts: 44
    How about increasing the amount of t4ccs we can hold before they get sent to the stash? That would solve our problems, and keep this feature which may be beneficial to whatever % of players who will choose to take this deal
    @Kabam Miike
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,132 ★★★★
    Yeah this is absurd. The only time i would ever do this is if i was just desperate to unload expiring t4cc. Maybe that's the real motivation... to avoid expanding the stash?

    I agree stash should be expanded.
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 142
    Noob2435 wrote: »
    Let me tell you guys something that's going to blow your mind! You don't have to use it! *gasp* . I may not ever use it, but at least it's a option if I need it.

    Exactly my thoughts. I could have used this last week as I had 2 science t4cc expire and a third still in overflow. It's there to use if needed.
  • DramioneDramione Posts: 61
    I might have gone for this if I could choose which Class I would get. It's useless, if I don't even get to choose what Class to get in return.
  • Swapping 3 for a random one is not a good deal imho, they are hard enough to earn as it is, and when they come up in a package to buy are really expensive so hardly anything to get excited about lol however the calender looks good and the new quests should be fun to play with decent rewards.
  • Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 197
    Maybe if u could trade three different classes at a chance for one of the other three then it might make sense
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 898 ★★★
    It was a nice try. If you’re giving up 3 for 1 you’re certainly going to want to choose the class, and probably something extra like some gold and t2a frags . I like that you’re at least exploring an exchange system though. Baby steps.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 334 ★★
    Well although 3 for 1 isn’t ideal it’s far better than letting cats expire for nothing in return. I haven’t been able to open over 700 t4cc frag crystals or 30 t4cc crystals in months because of the overflow they would create.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    Well although 3 for 1 isn’t ideal it’s far better than letting cats expire for nothing in return. I haven’t been able to open over 700 t4cc frag crystals or 30 t4cc crystals in months because of the overflow they would create.

    This. In the current system, many people higher up have mounds of expiring Cats, either because they have everything they want Ranked, they are selective with Ranking, or because they're waiting for a specific Class. At least it's a chance to use up those Cats instead of letting them expire.
    As for the idea of choosing, as much as this would be useful, it would also defeat the purpose of having RNG and Crystals in general.

    But it's not like Kabam just stumbled upon this bad system someone else created. They did this and this isn't a fix for what they already did wrong...
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 882 ★★★
    who came up with this idea?

    This is a very bad deal. I exchange enough catalysts to rank up a champion... for one catalyst of a random class?

    I guess this feature is not for me.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 21,567 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Well although 3 for 1 isn’t ideal it’s far better than letting cats expire for nothing in return. I haven’t been able to open over 700 t4cc frag crystals or 30 t4cc crystals in months because of the overflow they would create.

    This. In the current system, many people higher up have mounds of expiring Cats, either because they have everything they want Ranked, they are selective with Ranking, or because they're waiting for a specific Class. At least it's a chance to use up those Cats instead of letting them expire.
    As for the idea of choosing, as much as this would be useful, it would also defeat the purpose of having RNG and Crystals in general.

    You’re paying for it to not be RNG. Not everything in the game is RNG. You can buy specific class frags in the glory store and specifically buy UC in the loyalty store. The trade off is you have to be good at saving or be willing to spend a little extra. In this case we are definitely spending a little extra so it wouldn’t be unreasonable to not have RNG affect this.

    You're buying them in a limited supply, at a cost, and on a random Class generated. The game is deeply based on RNG. You're spending extra for a reroll.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    This is definitely for more end game players. If the idea of taking a chance with 3 Catalysts to get one is iffy to you, then you're probably not at a place where this would make sense for you to use!

    It's actually not for end game players because we have all the t4cc we need. personally, even after opening a bunch of crystals to r5 Starky, I still have over 30 full t4cc crystals and over 1100 frag crystals.

    IMO, the main people who are goin to go for this deal are mid game players gambling their minimal number of t4cc on the 20% chance they get the class they need for that r4 champ. 80% of the time they're going to be hugely disappointed not only because they didn't get the class they wanted, but also because they don't have a plethora of t4cc to throw away.

    I think you’re right on here. With 9 tech T4 and 5 mystic T4 and nobody worth ranking, I would actually consider trading those to gamble on getting a mutant or cosmic T4 I could really use. In my situation I could use any of the four classes of skill, cosmic, mutant, and science, but I can almost foresee my luck being trading mystic cats for a tech cat and vice versa.
  • Ace_03Ace_03 Posts: 871 ★★★★
    This is a bad as the dark artifact crystal that gave you a basic champion, no shards or ISO and you couldn't open it more than once.

    Oh, and more that half of the champs we're bad.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 882 ★★★
    Well although 3 for 1 isn’t ideal it’s far better than letting cats expire for nothing in return. I haven’t been able to open over 700 t4cc frag crystals or 30 t4cc crystals in months because of the overflow they would create.

    This. In the current system, many people higher up have mounds of expiring Cats, either because they have everything they want Ranked, they are selective with Ranking, or because they're waiting for a specific Class. At least it's a chance to use up those Cats instead of letting them expire.
    As for the idea of choosing, as much as this would be useful, it would also defeat the purpose of having RNG and Crystals in general.

    High end players do not open their cat+fragments+aq crystals to avoid having overflow. The only way you can accidentally have an overflow of catalysts is by finishing the labyrinth. Perhaps if you mistakenly open a daily crystal.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 2,397 ★★★★
    This is definitely for more end game players. If the idea of taking a chance with 3 Catalysts to get one is iffy to you, then you're probably not at a place where this would make sense for you to use!

    Is this a permanent addition or temporary?
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    DJRipster wrote: »
    This is definitely for more end game players. If the idea of taking a chance with 3 Catalysts to get one is iffy to you, then you're probably not at a place where this would make sense for you to use!

    Three for one random makes no sense... Why not let folks just concert it to a color they want ? Is this too hard to code ? too generous ?

    I don't think this is a well thought out feature, and Im surprised you guys think we will find it exciting... even if we had cats on overflow

    Does every aspect of this game have to be a gamble ?

    40% yes, 20% maybe, 40% you'll never get a response. 100% bull class catalyst.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 2,397 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    This is definitely for more end game players. If the idea of taking a chance with 3 Catalysts to get one is iffy to you, then you're probably not at a place where this would make sense for you to use!

    It's actually not for end game players because we have all the t4cc we need. personally, even after opening a bunch of crystals to r5 Starky, I still have over 30 full t4cc crystals and over 1100 frag crystals.

    IMO, the main people who are goin to go for this deal are mid game players gambling their minimal number of t4cc on the 20% chance they get the class they need for that r4 champ. 80% of the time they're going to be hugely disappointed not only because they didn't get the class they wanted, but also because they don't have a plethora of t4cc to throw away.

    I think you’re right on here. With 9 tech T4 and 5 mystic T4 and nobody worth ranking, I would actually consider trading those to gamble on getting a mutant or cosmic T4 I could really use. In my situation I could use any of the four classes of skill, cosmic, mutant, and science, but I can almost foresee my luck being trading mystic cats for a tech cat and vice versa.

    I foresee people absolutely sewering their accounts chasing down one class cat.

    I am in need of science. But trading in 3 for one is not a good deal.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    This is definitely for more end game players. If the idea of taking a chance with 3 Catalysts to get one is iffy to you, then you're probably not at a place where this would make sense for you to use!

    It's actually not for end game players because we have all the t4cc we need. personally, even after opening a bunch of crystals to r5 Starky, I still have over 30 full t4cc crystals and over 1100 frag crystals.

    IMO, the main people who are goin to go for this deal are mid game players gambling their minimal number of t4cc on the 20% chance they get the class they need for that r4 champ. 80% of the time they're going to be hugely disappointed not only because they didn't get the class they wanted, but also because they don't have a plethora of t4cc to throw away.

    I think you’re right on here. With 9 tech T4 and 5 mystic T4 and nobody worth ranking, I would actually consider trading those to gamble on getting a mutant or cosmic T4 I could really use. In my situation I could use any of the four classes of skill, cosmic, mutant, and science, but I can almost foresee my luck being trading mystic cats for a tech cat and vice versa.

    I foresee people absolutely sewering their accounts chasing down one class cat.

    I am in need of science. But trading in 3 for one is not a good deal.

    In the same boat with Mystic. I've needed one for weeks and have science maxed. Still not using my science for this because I know I'll need them someday.
  • Yeah not really sure how this benefits anyone really. Most of us end gamers have tons of t4cc crystals just sitting waiting to be opened. What we really need is t5b’s. Selling t4b’s is far more interesting.
Sign In or Register to comment.