**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So I give up 3 of my t4cc..

Comments

• shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited July 2018

Let's assume Deadpool redacted that post and it was all a joke.

You mean freaking joker Deadpool is actually the man behind this post disguising as a mod? Darned I never realized it, thanks for the insightful news, Now it begins to make sense! :D .... no wonder you are called beyonder bcos u r one of the almighty cosmic entities who know it all! We totally need you, The_One and few other seemingly disguising cosmic entities in this forum to raise above and beyond to fix all these in-game jokes and issues, and make this game great again with the snap of your fingers. :D
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    shchong2 wrote: »

You mean freaking joker Deadpool is actually the man behind this post disguising as a mod? Darned I never realized it, thanks for the insightful news, Now it begins to make sense! :D .... no wonder you are called beyonder bcos u r one of the almighty cosmic entities who know it all! We totally need you, The_One and few other seemingly disguising cosmic entities in this forum to raise above and beyond to fix all these in-game jokes and issues, and make this game great again with the snap of your fingers. :D

#YOLO
  • Jones979Jones979 Posts: 84
    Kabam Miike 4:29PM
    This is definitely for more end game players. If the idea of taking a chance with 3 Catalysts to get one is iffy to you, then you're probably not at a place where this would make sense for you to use!

Can’t there be an offer that makes sense for everyone to use?
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    HOW ABOUT LETTING US SELL THEM FOR T5 CLASS SHARDS. SHOULD BE RELEASING THEM ANYWAYS BY NOW. OR HOW ABOUT UPDATING LESS POPULAR CHAMPS SO WE WILL RANK THEM. JUST A THOUGHT!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    shchong2 wrote: »

#YOLO

Remember that? XD
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    LadyC wrote: »
    This is definitely for more end game players. If the idea of taking a chance with 3 Catalysts to get one is iffy to you, then you're probably not at a place where this would make sense for you to use!

Can we begin to focus on the midlevel players still struggling day in, day out? Another perk for end game players that are already top? If they have maxed out 1 t4cc then they have all their t4cc maxed. This proves to all of us that kabam is catering to the "elites" or end game players and leaving the rest to pick up crumbs. This is straight from kabam itself as I have quoted kabam miike's own post.

1. I'm maxed out on two classes and have some in overflow, but I don't have all of them maxed out.

2. Adding a single exchange feature is not a "perk" nor is it "catering" to elite players. It is actually addressing a quirk to the way upgrade resources are managed that is long overdue, and not even in a way that all players in that situation entirely approve of.

3. The vast majority of quality of life improvements in resource earning or game progress in the last year or so have helped lower or middle players at least as much as end game players. Adjusting the difficulty of master after introducing uncollected, increasing 5* champion fragment availability, restructuring and lowering the effort required for the mid level arena champions, reducing the energy costs of the T4B event and making it available daily, even the peak milestone rewards for AQ benefit mid level players significantly, and proportionately more than all but the absolute top alliances. Even the T2A being handed out in the calendar this month dispropotionately helps mid level players more than end game players, because proportionately speaking that is a huge increase in a reward most mid level players crawl towards otherwise. I don't see any evidence the game "caters" to end game players only. I only see that when the game adds top tier rewards at the end, some mid level players seem to think they are supposed to get the same or even a remotely similar shot at them, incorrectly.
  • Having an option to trade expiring cats for anything is better than what the game previously offered, which was nothing. We couldn’t sell them either.

Is it the most optimal deal for us players? Of course not, but it’s at least a step in the right direction. I understand the 3-1 mechanics, they want this to cost the person who has not managed their cats effectively. But the only change I’d make would be to make it 3 of any class for one of a selected class. I see the difficulty in working that out in game but that would be more ideal to me.
  • YannisxYannisx Posts: 12
    Once again Kabam is not clear with their announcements. I guess the 5 different crystals will guarantee that you won’t get the same class you are trading. e.g. if I want to trade my Science T4s...I will pick the Science Crystal or something like that.
  • 3ul3r23ul3r2 Posts: 56
    They will see what gets traded in and then release a God of that class. I'm guessing mystic.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    I think it should be 2 for 1. I think 3 for 1 is excessive.

Sadly, i may have to do it though. I have too many mystic about to expire, and i have needs in other classes.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    do because we're chasing a rank-up it's much smarter to rank a champ for arena then just throw two away for no reason.

I'm prepared to bet real cash that a significant number of players have lots of expiring T4CC and will take the offer. Kabam wouldn't offer it if they didn't have the data to support the work that went into creating the option, as well as the more obvious fact that people keep complaining about it constantly.

That depends on what you consider "significant". Personally, I've only let 2 or 3 t4cc expire in my 3 years of playing. Is using it 2-3 times over the course of a few years significant?

And don't act like Kabam added this because it's such a great need and people were begging for it. They're doing this to prey on mid-game players who are not smart or patient enough to wait. They're banking on those players blowing their stashes of t4cc chasing a specific cat, and then selling them more to stock back up again. I expect t4cc deals to be all over the place this year.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    From my understanding this benefits those that only have 1 to 2 classes that's overflowing and the rest of the classes are either super low from recent rank ups or no luck to get... Not that bad of a deal is not a mechanism designed to get what you really want, but more to manage and give some value back instead of letting them expire because you can't sell them.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    As an end game player I can whole-heartedly dispute that statement. This is a horrible deal. End game players are overflowing with t4cc. This is just another way to stick it to us it seems. With how absolutely horrible the game has been performing recently I would think that you would start introducing things that are over the top, not whatever this is.

100% agree. This feels...wrong. It’s the typical scenario of one step forward and three steps back with this game.

I’m not disputing the validity of RNG in MCoC, but why should players be penalized 3:1 for poor results generated by the game? No matter how overflowing you may be, it’s a double slap in the face...and then you are subject to the whims of RNG all over again.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Rocap wrote: »
    Idk it just reads like "We hear you and we know you're bottle necked in some classes and we'll fix that but not the way you want" it's like a company putting in a vending machine with energy drinks because you're tired from working too much lol.

Just tapping “awesome” wasn’t enough for this post. Slow clap...well done.

Dr. Zola
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    This is a great change...

Nothing is more annoying then ranking up someone, wasting t1a, t2a, t4b ect because you have t4cc's sitting around about to expire in stash.

As someone that has ranked up champs to avoid expiring cats, I think this is a great idea.

I am by no means an end game player, but I have been in the situation where I have had to face the situation of - spending 5 t1a and 4 t4b's to avoid allowing 2 t4cc's to expire and end up R3'in a 5* I had no intention of ranking up past r2.

I would have happily sold 3 of the t4cc's to avoid spending the t1a's and t4b's.
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    edited July 2018
    Kabam always trying to help the community. It’s a shame that the intentions are good but the final outcome it’s always questionable and in some cases head scratching!
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I may do this for mutant. If my choices are ranking cyclops to r5 or possibly getting a mystic catalyst... I'm taking the risk.

I'm already maxed on mutant anyway so spending 3 won't hurt me.
  • PbishopPbishop Posts: 143
    So as I’m reading this as you getting rid of defense diversity as that would hurt the medium & low tier players this spending 3 T4cc idea wouldn’t make sense for them as they need it the most so it’s just F the little guy huh Kabam
  • Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 166
    This idea is one of the the reason why kabam is so hated for the game we all love. Seriously, who came up with this sh** idea.
    Idk it just reads like "We hear you and we know you're bottle necked in some classes and we'll fix that but not the way you want" it's like a company putting in a vending machine with energy drinks because you're tired from working too much lol.

Well isn't that what most companies do?

Many have free Coffee/Hot Water/Water Cooler, but if you want something more then that you have to use the vending machine or bring your own. A lot of places, especially smaller ones only have a microwave and fridge.
  • Deedo416Deedo416 Posts: 2
    Can I just get Mystic T4CCs please? Thx!
    edited July 2018

As someone that has ranked up champs to avoid expiring cats, I think this is a great idea.

I am by no means an end game player, but I have been in the situation where I have had to face the situation of - spending 5 t1a and 4 t4b's to avoid allowing 2 t4cc's to expire and end up R3'in a 5* I had no intention of ranking up past r2.

I would have happily sold 3 of the t4cc's to avoid spending the t1a's and t4b's.

@mostlyharmlessn , Glad you like it
    Pls do share with us once you tried the 3:1 RNG
    Do share with you, but trading in your expiring 3 T4cc
    do you manage to get the 1 T4cc of the class you need, or do the RNG give you one of the class that you are also overflowing?
    Would like to feel your experience since I won't do it myself :)
    Cheers and all the best!

Well isn't that what most companies do?

Many have free Coffee/Hot Water/Water Cooler, but if you want something more then that you have to use the vending machine or bring your own. A lot of places, especially smaller ones only have a microwave and fridge.

I didn't remember thought when's the last time when I spent on a vending machine, I give the machine full ownership or authority of choosing what piece of **** it feels like dropping for me :D LOL .... at least I'm glad all the vending machine I used let me pick exactly what I want :D
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    edited July 2018

So its random but then what if i have overflow of mutuple classes? I just have to keep giving up 3 T4CC and pray? That is what a lot of end game players are dealing with not just 1 specific class.

I have cosmic and skill in overflow

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Mattylo wrote: »

So its random but then what if i have overflow of mutuple classes? I just have to keep giving up 3 T4CC and pray? That is what a lot of end game players are dealing with not just 1 specific class.

I have cosmic and skill in overflow

That’s the problem with this feature. You’re already praying for a specific class when you first open the T4CC. Now you have to give 3 of those up for only one and pray even harder not to get screwed over again. But there’s an 80% you’ll be screwed again if you’re looking for one particular class. So in most cases you just wasted 3 T4C for nothing.
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    3 for 1? seriously? :|
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    This end game player would just have appreciated an increase in inventory maximum.