**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Impact season AW rating due to game down

As the server keep downing these 2 days, it seriously impact our AW performance as we can't login, that impact the season war rating, how would it be handled? Is the result still counted?
I think that not quite fair.

Comments

• Options
    pfm007pfm007 Posts: 13
    and who are you to tell Demonzfyre? Don't you see all the complaints and posts? I see a pattern with you and that is to troll people that express their frustration about Kabam
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    pfm007 wrote: »
    and who are you to tell Demonzfyre? Don't you see all the complaints and posts? I see a pattern with you and that is to troll people that express their frustration about Kabam

You can have an opinion but I can't? If the server was down for 8-9 hours I could see a point. It was down for like 30 mins if that this last time around. What effect did it have on AW? None.
  • Options
    NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

You can have an opinion but I can't? If the server was down for 8-9 hours I could see a point. It was down for like 30 mins if that this last time around. What effect did it have on AW? None.

What if some were in fights and disconnected? Those couple deaths can be the difference in close wars.
  • Options
    Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    They need to make this right
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    It was down for almost an hour, which was the final hour of our war. It caused us to leave one boss and a mini standing. Those are major points that will effect our season standings
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    It was down for almost an hour, which was the final hour of our war. It caused us to leave one boss and a mini standing. Those are major points that will effect our season standings

It could be argued that you shouldn’t wait until the last minute. But I understand your frustration. Too many outages lately but don’t expect any gesture of compensation/good will.
  • Options
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

It could be argued that you shouldn’t wait until the last minute. But I understand your frustration. Too many outages lately but don’t expect any gesture of compensation/good will.

You should be able to utilize the time frame given however you choose, whatever strategy is best for the situation.

Those also just end up being the kind of arguments that don't benefit the community as a whole and make light of actual problems ruining the game with players making up reasoning for how you should just deal with Kabams errors or work around them.

- "Server downtime affected our war"
    "You should finish sooner"

-"Domino is bugged, can you fix her asap"
    "dude, just learn to fight her. She's so easy broooo, git gud!"
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    It hasn't been down long enough to effect anything.

It's been down most of the day! 😂

• Options
    IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    I had 45 minutes left to finish leveling up in the level up event I was grinding some arena for and now I'm going to miss out on that after having leveled up my new 6* 19 levels already, total waste of leveling up a champion so yep... Not affecting anything here
  • Options

Depends on your start time and end time. It obviously caused issues for the OP, just cause it didn't hurt you doesn't mean no one else had issues. His post is in relation to how it effected his alliance, not if it effected you or not.

Every server crash effects someone in some way. Arena, LOL, AQ, AW, Legends run, etc. If it didn't bother you, great. Not much reason to bother trying to make a liar out of someone who said it caused them an issue.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Those also just end up being the kind of arguments that don't benefit the community as a whole and make light of actual problems ruining the game with players making up reasoning for how you should just deal with Kabams errors or work around them.

I don't think the only valid positions are ones where the players are the good guys and Kabam are the villains.

The players should advocate for a higher quality game: the quality has been especially poor in many areas in the last year in ways the players should expect to be better. But by the same token, it is nonsensical to complain that Kabam is causing all sorts of problems - signalling an awareness of them - and not take steps to try to mitigate them. I wouldn't wait to the last minute to do anything if I could avoid it, although sometimes that isn't avoidable. But I think it is good advice to treat game availability as if you aren't going to get 99.99% uptime, because history says you aren't going to get 99.99% uptime. That isn't about right or wrong, that is about acknowledging the current nature of reality.

You should do what is in your power to do. It is in your power to advocate for a better game. It is not in your power to actually make the game more stable. It is in your power to try to play the game as if availability was not consistently guaranteed.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    No, not all players are the good guys. But in the case of bugs and server crashes being discussed, then I guess Kabam would have to be the villains. Thats not something in our control and cant pretend we can always work around that.

All the you said just is what I mentioned players tend to do, tell you to work around Kabams problems and pretend it isn't a problem? We all acknowledge the game as it is, servers may go down. So every body drop all and blast through this as fast as possible? I understand the arguments that will be tossed my way, but I think you're focus is on the effect I mentioned it had on my alliance and not any other problems server outages cause to so many. Servers also go down while players are in the middle of fights and cost their alliance the win.

EDIT: @DNA3000
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    I think you're focus is on the effect I mentioned it had on my alliance and not any other problems server outages cause to so many.

I don't know what of anything I said is tied specifically to anything that happened to you. My focus is, as always, on controlling what is within my power to control. Every bad thing that happens to everyone everywhere in this game is worth commenting on to give feedback to Kabam to improve the game. But no matter what that is, when you've exhausted all your avenues for feedback, you get to decide how much effort you're going to spend to work around those problems, whatever they are. I think you should do your best there, and that's what I recommend.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I think you're focus is on the effect I mentioned it had on my alliance and not any other problems server outages cause to so many.

I don't know what of anything I said is tied specifically to anything that happened to you. My focus is, as always, on controlling what is within my power to control. Every bad thing that happens to everyone everywhere in this game is worth commenting on to give feedback to Kabam to improve the game. But no matter what that is, when you've exhausted all your avenues for feedback, you get to decide how much effort you're going to spend to work around those problems, whatever they are. I think you should do your best there, and that's what I recommend.

My alliance is at the competitive level, we do charge in and hit our lanes and waste no time. But wars get situational and sometimes you have to slow your roll and replan based on how members or opponents are performing. Maybe a member got stuck somewhere and you gotta make a new plan but its best to wait and see how the opponent is performing to make the best call, it happens.....as in our last war. It was unfortunate that servers crashed and had that effect on us, but it wasn't one of those situational things where everything went perfect and we were able to blast through quickly to beat the Unknown downtime.