**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 5* featured crystal or 5* basic?

Greenpizza500Greenpizza500 Posts: 14
edited August 2018 in Strategy and Tips
I don’t know which crystal I should get? The new featured or the basic.

When I opened a basic 5* crystal I got an Agent Venom, yes I know it’s bad. However the featured 5* crystal has worse champs, but really good champs. I need a good champ, please help.

New 5* featured crystal or 5* basic? 49 votes

5 Star featured crystal
36%
Spity68buttersDuke_SilverBahamutUrrymonsterQuatre_1988SoulBreaker1229binrakPedritkoMaldroit2iRetr0Mitchell35ace930999FhfjghhggggjfhfjgkingbCoilsbshRehan010_Vendemiaire 18 votes
5 Star basic crystal
63%
adqqedfyvrStar_Lord_Foxhero007Anonymous346DOKTOROKTOPUSRCunhaSavio444Metal8989HendrossThecrusher_9756MF_EXPLOSIVE30Werewrymdfmoore26Scarlett_UlysseOdysseus75jlamadisonChampioncriticChris1212123AnkalagonnVoltolos 31 votes

Comments

• IsThisLossIsThisLoss Posts: 256 ★★
    5 Star basic crystal
    i opened a basic last week and duped my stark spidey after pulling punisher2099, go basic, lots of good champs
  • binrakbinrak Posts: 193
    5 Star featured crystal
    Go for featured
  • RCunhaRCunha Posts: 375 ★★
    5 Star basic crystal
    Go for basic, save those 5k shards for the next one, you will eventually get some good or god tier champions. I never go for featured and i got Lucky w1nk103oklzs.png
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    5 Star basic crystal
    What's wrong with agent venom? As far as I'm concerned, he's a decent defender with his ability to shrug off debuffs
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    5 Star basic crystal
    Do you value diversity and/or arena grind....if so go with basic crystals. If you are willing to gamble 5,000 shards on a shiny new champ...go with featured.

Personally I only go for basics - lots of good champs and the 5,000 shards I save, puts me at 50% of another crystal..

And there is nothing wrong with agent venom, solid champ.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    5 Star basic crystal
    The way I see it... The basic 5* crystal has chances at Blade, Sparky, Medusa, and some other top tier champs that aren't in the featured crystal. Because of this I always open basic in hope that I might someday pull one of them.
  • SoulBreaker1229SoulBreaker1229 Posts: 228
    5 Star featured crystal
    I'd say featured, Good for showcase and depending on who you get, a good defender in AW.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    It's really up to your own needs, @Greenpizza500

During the last featured 5* crystal, I was at a point in my progression where I needed Killmonger (for AW attack and synergy) and Sabretooth (for prestige and resource management). There were plenty of top tier champs in the basic that I don't have that wouldn't have helped me: Stark Spidey, Ghost Rider, Iceman, Magik, Medusa, Star Lord, etc. Only Killmonger and Sabretooth would have helped my progression. So all my effort for those 90 days went toward getting enough shards to try as many times as possible for those 2 champs in the featured crystal. I got about 10 or so crystals over that period and was able to pull both of them, and my account is much better for it.

I looked at the current featured crystal and saw that even with some top tier champs like IMIW, CAIW, and Domino, only Corvus Glaive would help my progression. I was exceptionally lucky and was able to pull him out of a single featured Crystal.

Even with awesome champs still in the featured crystal, I don't need any of them for anything. So I'll be switching over to basics for at least a few months to pad out my arena roster and build resources. Once I have the resources for another big rank up, I'll target another champion or two and go from there.

You have to tailor these decisions to your own account and play style. If a couple of the featured champs would drastically improve your account, go for featured. If not, either stick to basic or save for the next featured. This game rewards the patient.
  • Thank you all for your help, I think I will go for basic. Since basic does have some good champs and it costs 5k less shards. Right now I just need to build my roster. Again thanks for all the help :)
  • 5 Star basic crystal
    If you get 5 star shards somewhat frequently do the featured but if not do the basic.
  • UlysseOdysseus75UlysseOdysseus75 Posts: 188
    5 Star basic crystal
    A good mistake to get featured crystals (I did the same). Duno why they keep adding trash champions in a more expensive crystal (HI COLOSSUS) Just go safe in the basics u'll be much more happy for a 5* Colossus with 10.000 shards (Or not)
  • jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    5 Star basic crystal
    Wait until the 14th for a chance at Corvus from the basic.
  • m4sfzp7bpmvn.png
    I got a Loki from a basic, he is pretty good. :D
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    5 Star basic crystal
    RCunha wrote: »
    Go for basic, save those 5k shards for the next one, you will eventually get some good or god tier champions. I never go for featured and i got Lucky w1nk103oklzs.png

Dude love your homem de gelo lmao