**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[iOS] 19.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• IGN: SumNR
    Device: iPad 4th Gen
    iOS 10.3.3 (latest for that model)
    WiFi
    Game version: 19.1 (started with 18.1)
    Game mode: SCROLLING thru Hero Selection, Inventory, Crystals Screen, Menus, etc..

Issue: Non-fight LAGGING. After several fights, the non-fight aspects of game SLOWS TO A CRAWL. Choosing next heroes in arena, or scrolling thru other item pages, graphics for each hero or item image load one at a time, about 1 second per item, and very slow to drag-scroll thru more pages. Same with scrolling thru crystals screen.
  • IGN: Darkchilde Archimage
    Device:- iPhone 7+
    iOS:- 12.5 beta version
    WiFi only
    Game version:- 19.1

Issues:- overheating, lag, connection issue during arena fights, plus even though I muted the in game sounds totally still this is what my iPhone battery health showing me. I'm attaching the screenshot.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Well this was actually not the worst example. The game play is getting worse and I'm not sure why. I've mentioned earlier this is an iPad mini 4 with the Beta update because we were told beta worked better. The lag is horrible. Wish I had the touch screen inputs shown because the game definitely doesn't do what it's supposed to half of the time.
    https://youtu.be/cMJYiSsnaa0
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    I was fighting. I was kick and punching and blocking. Then noticed my phone was getting incredibly hot again. I was going from AQ to aw to quests. Not any specific game mode. All of them ignite my phone @Kabam Lyra
  • H_B0MBH_B0MB Posts: 52
    edited August 2018
    IGN: H-B0MB
    Device: iPhone 6s Plus
    iOS 11.4.1
    Wifi & Cellular (Verizon LTE)
    Game VersionL 19.1
    Game Mode: Arenas & Quests

Issue: Overheating begins to occur within a few minutes of opening the game. It gets progressively hotter the longer the game is open. It appears to get as hot as the 19.0 problem however the phone doesn't auto shut off anymore. Secondly, after about 15-20 minutes of playing the game the frame rate begins to drop and lag occurs between all loading screens. Its most evident during arenas. The load screens between fights are taking anywhere between 10-20 seconds just to load the next fight. Another example of the lag would be clicking the help requests for champs after an arena fight. Overall the entire game slows down to a crawl after about 20mins of playing.
  • BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    UltimateSexCrab
    iPhone X
    iOS 11
    Both

So first of off, the overheating as stopped for me so that’s a big, big improvement however I’ve noticed at the sacrifice of sluggish frame rates that was not there before. The game is completely playable but at times the frame rates drop and it’s very disorienting and causes losses. Also and this is a big thing I’ve notice (legitimately, not from just sucking) parrying doesn’t work as much now nor does dashing toward. It’s not me, it just genuinely doesn’t work well anymore.
  • Jsun22Jsun22 Posts: 6
    IGN: clutchtings
    Device: iPhone 8
    Version: 11.4.1
    Cell/WiFi: both, Verizon
    Game: 19.1
    Game modes: any, but mostly arena
    Issue: Game keeps crashing/force closing. Out of nowhere, the game closes and I find myself at my phone home screen. This usually happens just before a fight begins or at the very beginning of fight, but a couple of times in middle of fight. This is happening a minimum of 15 times a day.
  • AakashAakash Posts: 340
    IGB: Łord ØF Winterfell
    Device: iPad Air 2
    Wifi
    All game modes

Issues: Overheating and lag. Wasn’t affected this much in 19.0.
  • ChenChen Posts: 115
    Device: Iphone 6
    Wifi/Verizon
    All game modes

Overheating and lag as well.
  • Ign:Darth ol’ boy
    Device:Iphone6
    Ios:11.4
    Game version:19.1.0
    Issue:lag at the beginning of every fight,long load times,stutters when opening crystals or viewing champion roster,lag when a buff or debuff activates
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    edited August 2018
    Device iPhone 7

Device Operating System: 11.4.1

Mobile Carrier: No

WiFi Only

Game Version 19.10

Overheating while playing game in all modes,

With Patch 19.0 serious overheating and power drain to devices Its a shame when we ask for help, We (MEMBERS/PLAYERS) being ignored. But kabam ask for help from community for testing to resolve/fix a for 19.0 update that probably caused damage to devices. Kabam found a fix using feedback, reports while (MEMBERS/PLAYERS) still playing game on a unstable game.

Some members though there was a unit bug . Free money , its hard to ignore that. Just try once , see what happens . Nothing Let's try again. Then $45, 000 later ,you get caught.

Sorry just so glad I did not volunteer for beta testing

MEMBERS/PLAYERS too many bugs added each month to a unstable game, just expect more bugs added with new content

Devices gets very hot (on fire) after 20 minutes , just got to stop game

Just try and play safe
  • In-Game Name: h1dden4genda
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Device Operating System: 10.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Wi-Fi only
    Game Version Installed: 19.1
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue:
    - Phone heats up a significant amount, depending on the game mode.
    - intermittent performance and animation lag during fight sequences. May only last part of a second, but is significant enough to cause frustration and lose champs.
    Intermittent screen flash, where a line or quarter, to third of the screen, will flash white for a fraction of a second.
  • MasakrMasakr Posts: 1
    IGN: Masakr
    Device: iPhone 6 plus
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and cellular
    Game version: 19.1
    Game mode: All modes of the game.
    Issues: Overheating as 19.0, severe delay, completely freezing game, Massive battery use, lagging in-game in battles, in crystal openings, everywhere...

The state of game at this moment is unacceptable. My phone starts to become hot when I start the game and after two fights it becomes too hot and game is unplayable because of severe lags. I have to say, I am playing for more than 3 years but if this won´t be addressed ASAP, I will quit playing and you will lose paying customer. Also, I have 20 more people in my alliance that are suffering with this same problem and if not resolved, we will quit together!
  • In-Game Name: Mephistopheles
    Device and Model: iPad Air 2
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi only
    Game Version Installed: 19.1
    Game Mode: All game modes, but primarily alliance war and quests
    Description of the Issue: Been playing the game for months on this device with only a few hiccups (game crashes, lag). However, since the last two updates, there’s been minor overheating, but lag has been the persistent problem. It often occurs after only a few fights, which was never the case. The lag affects loading times, and fight reaction times. I appreciate your time looking into the matter, thank you.

• IGN : Chuntz
    Device : iPhone 6
    iOS 11.4.1
    Both

It starts overheating as soon as the game loads and hammers the battery life same as19.0 did and in my experience continues to after the patch. After 5 minutes of playing with my phone overheating the movements become impaired ie Evading is rubbish, parry doesn’t work. Stopped me completing UC in the last stage, now not prepared to try again and waster resources.
  • DwightrowleyDwightrowley Posts: 21
    IGN: Dwightrowley
    Device: iPhone 6 S
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and cellular
    Game mode: All modes of the game.
    Issues: Still overheats like 19.0, severe delay, completely freezing game, depletes battery excessively, lagging in-game in battles

I've stopped doing Grinding activities (Versus, etc) and can really only play for about 1/2 hour before I have to re-charge. This sucks.
  • I own an iPhone X. The overheating issue was a complete mess up by the production team in the first place. To then “fix” the issue that kept probably millions of players from fully participating in the game and to have it come back is completely unacceptable.
    Because that is the case. The overheating issues that plagued the community are back yet again. It really is getting old. I love this game, but I am not willing to kill my phone over it. I am SURE most of the community feels the same way.
    As I said, I love this game. So PLEASE fix this BS and issue a LARGE compensation for keeping your players from being able to play the game they love to it’s full potential
  • UlysseOdysseus75UlysseOdysseus75 Posts: 188
    IGN: Ulysse-Odysseus
    Device: iPad Pro
    Cell or Wifi: WiFi
    Game mode: Arena, event quest, alliance war
    Issues: Black screen for a few second at the end of a fight (When it shows : « You win ») not everytime, freeze in a middle of a fight for no reason but if I press Pause the freeze end. That’s all for me
  • Bobmacoy71Bobmacoy71 Posts: 15
    IGN: Bobmacoy 71
    Device: IPad Air 2
    IOS: IOS 11.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi; WiFi
    Game Version: 19.1.0
    Description of isuue: Bad frame rate and lag mainly in story AQ, Aw, Eq And Arena mainly, lag and overheating

• DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    In-Game Name: DJRipster
    Device and Model: iPad (2017)
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: version 19.1
    Game Mode: Mostly in arenas, but across all modes
    Description of the Issue: Severe lag in arenas, iPad heating and several crashes over the course of the day (at least 3 times a day). Crashes are in-between arena matches, and usually allows me to continue matches from where I left off since they are more than 2hrs a part
  • Ing Leoth3hero

Device: iPhone 7
    Cell or Wifi: Both
    Game mode: arena and solo questing (so far)
    Issues: Heating (burning same version 19.0)
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    edited August 2018
    tonyj007 wrote: »
    Device iPhone 7

Device Operating System: 11.4.1

Mobile Carrier: No

WiFi Only

Game Version 19.1

Phone gets hot after 15 minutes, this appears to impact game performance. In arena delayed loading time between each fight and some fights severe frame rate drop in combat . Also experiences network issues. I am reducing my game time , not waiting for phone to start shutting down. I need to check power drain while playing game.

Overheating and more content added to game . Will it be bug free??. AQ later. I am a bit worried about game performance and impact to phone. Looking forward to new monthly calendar

update

50% power drain with 30 minutes game time. If you play with charger the phone gets hotter sooner. Reduced game time for me. I expect this issue to be fixed in several weeks, once kabam discovery what is wrong. Can't wait for new content to be added to game.

Good luke members/players, keep your device safe

update

The overheating appears to be getting worse , you don't need to fight, for device to get hot. Left my the game running by mistake. After 15 minutes the phone was hot . Just be careful and be aware of risk of damages to your device

Good luke members/players, keep your device safe

Another update

Device still overheating and battery drains . Also experiences network issues. dropped frame rate .50% power drain with 30 minutes game time. If you play with charger the phone gets hotter sooner. I can confirm that that game is still unstable. Not sure how many times i need to report this to kabam before there is any positive steps to fix this patch

Will update soon, but i expected to report the same problems that every member/players is also writing about.in this thread .
  • 3ul3r23ul3r2 Posts: 56
    edited August 2018
    Iphone 6
    Same exact problems as every other person.
  • SaikologicalSaikological Posts: 45
    edited August 2018
    IGN: Saikological
    Device: Iphone 6s
    IOS: latest official
    Cellular or WiFi; WiFi
    Game Version: 19.1
    Description of isuue: lag, not evading correctly - noticed this with stark spidey, overheating of the device after several matches, quick battery draining - like 10% per match played.

In all honesty, this game is great, but how bad kabam has ruined it is beyond me. How come these issues still persist after months of complaints. How come all topics and tickets are closed or not responded to? Will this ever be fixed or does kabam truly give zero f*$s?
  • SCHNOOTSCHNOOT Posts: 49
    IGN: SCHNOOT
    Device: iphone 8, iPad Air 2
    IOS: 11.3, 10.3
    Cell or Wifi: Both
    Game version 19.1.0
    Issue: Slight overheating, Intermittent lag when playing game, Bad lag in menus, stash, crystals, etc; battery drains quickly still
  • MandingloweMandinglowe Posts: 9
    edited August 2018
    I thought the game’s parry and evade timing was off, then I began to notice how hot my phone was to the touch, especially the camera lens area... And it hit me, I’m experiencing the same lag issues from last month, just without the game crashing. If I turn off the game for a while, the phone goes back to room temperature and the game play is bearable again. The time it takes to start the quest and get to the adaptoid is all the time that’s needed for the phone to heat up enough to cause performance issues.

I’m using iPhone 7plus, iOS 11.4
    Game version 19.1.0
    Cell or Wi-Fi: Both
    IGN: Mandinglowe

C’mon Kabam. Make MCOC great again...
This discussion has been closed.