**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are any 4* even worth Ranking up anymore?

I have a 4* Blade, Stark Spidey, Wolverine...etc. That I have duped recently, but are they worth even upgrading anymore.

Comments

• IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Of course it's better to save the resources for a 5star champ, but pulling the equivalent 5star version of a very good 4star champ might take months, or even years.

Sure, 4stars are not that good anymore, but you need them to get to the point where you can farm 6* shards and gain a good amount of 5star champs.
    God-tier 4star champs are very good. They will help you a lot in completing harder content like 5.2 and Uncollected EQ.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    600k rated uncollected player and I'm forced to use 4* in EQ, AQ and war.
    Besides my 4/55 SL and 3/45 AA my 5* are trash.
    I just pulled GR yesterday and he'll go to rank 3 next level up and maybe rank 4 but I'm undecided on that
  • OzFearUsOzFearUs Posts: 242
    Thanks all, I only mentioned Blade, Stark Spidey and Wolverine because they are really good but I just don't see me getting them anytime soon as a 5*. My stable of 5* is pretty weak and not worth the resources to bring them up. I do have a 5* GR and Angela, both of which I bring up as high as I can.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Completely absurd, are god tier 4* worth ranking up?
    Well the answer is in the content you have left. Just answer these easy questions.

Are you fully explored RTTL?
    No - then yes god tier 4* r4+ will help

Are you fully explored story quests?
    No - then god tier 4* will help more so then an okay 5*.

Are you in a alliance that runs starting prestige for alliance quest 8k+?
    No - then god tier 4* will still clear the content

Anyways you see how this is going...
    4* champs are viable in all the game content. Even in Labyrinth of legends (although I’d recommend not doing it with 4*).

A lot of people (myself included) heavily needed 4* champs to clear 100% act 5. So imo if you don’t have it done then using resources to rank up god tier 4* champs will be useful.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    GR is definitely worth a r4 and he doesn't need to be duped
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    @rockykoston You have valid points but as you even said a good alliance. In this game maybe 1 in 30 alliances are decent. There is more than enough alliances that don't have good players that carry there weight in events. T4 basics are easy to get. But as I mentioned if you are not in a 5x5 alliance those t4cc can take a very long time to aquire especially the 1 in 6 chance of pulling fragments for the class you need. Sure you can spend all you glory each week on greater t4class fragment crystals but then again that 1 in 6 odds. Point is you have to think long term not short term when ranking.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Lysiszero wrote: »
    @rockykoston You have valid points but as you even said a good alliance. In this game maybe 1 in 30 alliances are decent. There is more than enough alliances that don't have good players that carry there weight in events. T4 basics are easy to get. But as I mentioned if you are not in a 5x5 alliance those t4cc can take a very long time to aquire especially the 1 in 6 chance of pulling fragments for the class you need. Sure you can spend all you glory each week on greater t4class fragment crystals but then again that 1 in 6 odds. Point is you have to think long term not short term when ranking.

Not sure, maybe it's just my luck but I've found decent alliances. I am in a gold 3 alliance that does 5-3-3-3-3 maps and we're doing just fine. So, like you can see you don't need 5X5 alliances to have some good t4cc count.

Obviously ppl need to contribute, I've never stayed in an alliance more than 10 days where ppl slack. Been in this one for over 7 months now (basically most of my mcoc career).
  • JayBird_IsTheWordJayBird_IsTheWord Posts: 159 ★★
    Champs such as SW, Wolverine, Thor and BW need to be r5 sig 99 for unique situation and unavailable as 5*, but always a bonus and fun to play. Otherwise r4 the 4* you like for arena.

Champs such as AA, Void, Blade, Dr Voodoo, and Iceman should be r5 if able. Dr voodoo is the MVP for red skull this event.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    The only 4* i still use a lot in many situation is Archangel, but of course some are still useful in specific mission: Star Lord, Magik, Blade, Cage, Medusa, Voodoo are still good.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    I cleared everything but LoL and beyond 5.2 with 4*. Trinity got me uncollected (got it complete about a month ago). Starlord and Guillotine got me through RoL. Hawkeye, Magik, Vision, BW, Elektra, Rulk got me through RTLoL. I had a r5 AA 4 months ago and now I have Spark/GR/Gulk at 5-50 as well, and my only good 5* Hela at 3-45, but mostly because of the rewards from earlier mentioned sources.

I clear 30k map 3 bosses with my 4*. I finish AW bosses with 4*. As long as they are the right ones.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    For me personally, Thor, Wolvie, and SW (when all are duped) are worth maxing out, you can't get them as 5*
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    For me personally, Thor, Wolvie, and SW (when all are duped) are worth maxing out, you can't get them as 5*

That's a stupid argument. Just because there are no 5* versions doesn't mean you should R5 the 4*.First and foremost the champ in question should help you clear advanced content.

SW and Wolvie are still great champs, so yeah, I'd R5 them (although both classes have 3-5 options I'd prefer over these particular 2), but Thor is absolute trash. He needs 2 armor breaks to hit as hard as other cosmics. I daresay that more than half of the 5* are better choices for R3 than Thor is for R5 as 4*. Or do you still have v11 on your phone?
  • RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    I'm an end game player, still taking some 4* to r5
    Currently working on ghost and wasp. They're in line after some other 5* champs I wanna take to r2 first
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    It depends on where you are in mcoc. But 4*s still have use
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    No focus on 5*s There's no reason to rank any at all if you've completed all content. It was a terrible decision by Kabam to have the same materials for each star rating champ.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Some 4*s like IMIW/Domino/Wasp are still useful on AW defense
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    It really depends on what use you have for them.

I grinded 4mil for KM and will take him to 5/50 because I feel he will come in handy against the autoblocking champs in AW.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    How painful it is to max a 4* only to pull them as a 5* some time later
  • 1TapTakeANap1TapTakeANap Posts: 60
    SW , OG thor and Wolvie are worth it , unless you want to make arena grinding easier then do them all
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Yes. They're still worth Ranking. Unless you roll a 5* Dup of the same.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I only rank up 4* champs if they fill a utility niche. My roster is more geared towards 5* now, but most of my genuine utility champs are still 4* (like immunities and power control).

My AQ team is till 4* champs for this reason (plus most of my good 5* are in AW). I need bleed immunity for certain paths that I don't have available with my current 5* lineup.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    look at my profile pic and thats your answer on who to rank up
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    look at my profile pic and thats your answer on who to rank up

No always. Medusa is very good for robots. Venompool can help save potions and cause bleed. Mephisto can regen a huge amount of his health. There are multiple goood options other than blade
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    To me, the advantage of 5* is the triple points you get in arenas compared to a 4*. Makes your grinding time shorter to achieve the same milestones. I’ve pushed most of my 5* to r3, and kept most of my 4* at r3 (just to save on the T1a and T4b).