**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which supposedly god-tier champ did you end up most disappointed in after getting them?

Comments

• Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    This is a really interesting question.

I will say this: I barely use Blade. That doesn't make him a bad character. I totally know how to use him.

I just prefer other characters more.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Blade2099 wrote: »
    Do you even have him or know how to build poise

Yes. I got SS the first day he came out so yes I know about him. I personally am not a fan. I’m in tier 2.
  • Options
    DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
    And may I ask you tier

kinda ironic saying how blade is overrated but yet ur username has blade in it.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    JC_ wrote: »
    If a new champ were added who:

1: Auto-regens about 30% of their health at the beginning of each fight
    2: can power drain or power burn that can be controlled according to what you need at the time
    3: power control on sp2 and sp3
    4: can convert all buffs into poison, plus mini buffs that this new champ can create?

People would be going crazy to get this champ, and there would be screams for a buff.

People sleep on Voodoo because they can’t use him or because he’s old news.

I’m glad @DTMelodicMetal sold me on him and convinced me to R5 him, he coasts through any situation in war.

Actually I would think people sit on Voodoo because they have champs that can do some of the things he can do, but better. I have played with Voodoo quite a lot and I still do with him at r3, I just don't think he's worth my last 4 t2a when I have Magik for power lock and AA for ability reduction.
  • Options
    It olso has 2099 in it
  • Options
    St333lllSt333lll Posts: 278
    Voodoo, Blade, Void. Even duped voodoo doesn't do much for me like Magik does. And neither blade or Void are duped. But I've heard even without the dupe Blade is supposed to be amazing. And yet I haven't seen it.
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    dont hate me on this but I'm not a huge fan of Stark Spidey. I compare to the hood. If you dont get hit hes a god. But if you mess up and get hit you lose a bunch of health. His attack is good dont get me wrong but i dont like his health.

Stark Spidey is just the best champ in the game
    And even if you mess up he auto evades specials
    And no other champ has such satifying damage as him
    Blade is overrated btw

How satisfying is getting wrecked by an AV L1 or Punisher L2 in war?

Learn how to play him.
    And actually he is the only champ that can fully evade those specials

Or, you know, hit Magik SP2 and not deal with any specials at all...
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    This thread illustrates a fairly good balance right now tbh, no one is a skeleton key. My alliance is currently p2 and we have to mix up the middle lanes for best matchup every war to be efficient. The days of blindly rolling out the trinity are over.
  • Options
    JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    Blade is God tier for sure but he doesn't live up to the hype around him at this point in the game. New champs that counter him, nodes that he doesn't do well with and defenses adjusting to make people bring diverse lineups have made bringing GR or Starky with blade a bad choices on many paths.
    That being said Starlord is the most disappointing to me, he has no utility except long fights.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Actually I would think people sit on Voodoo because they have champs that can do some of the things he can do, but better. I have played with Voodoo quite a lot and I still do with him at r3, I just don't think he's worth my last 4 t2a when I have Magik for power lock and AA for ability reduction.

@Werewrym would be interested in hearing your feedback on my previous comment about Magik/AA/Voodoo
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Voodoo for me as well. Got him to 4/40. High sig lvl. Power control is nice. Kind of a pain having to watch the hit counter. He’s great. But I just don’t really like playing him that much.
  • Options
    MelDanBanaMelDanBana Posts: 15
    I'm not very impressed with my 5* Corvus. Sure, he hits hard for the first 20 hits, but if they're still alive after that it's incredibly boring for the next 30 seconds. And his missions are a tad too specific.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    dont hate me on this but I'm not a huge fan of Stark Spidey. I compare to the hood. If you dont get hit hes a god. But if you mess up and get hit you lose a bunch of health. His attack is good dont get me wrong but i dont like his health.

Blade is overrated btw

Who lets Punisher get to L2 ? If Punisher is on the “starts with L2 node”, you can use Sparky to power drain with a heavy right off the bat.
  • Options
    Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 684 ★★★
    Ghost Rider
  • Options
    AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    Mine would be Dr Vodoo, needs too much thinking of using specials on Odd or Even, and thus can't be used in a relaxing way
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    All this hate for voodoo is surprising. I have him on R5 and he dominates AW.

He can do everything...
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Morningstar for me. She just is not practice

How dare you! good catch @Voluntaris this is unacceptable
  • Options
    imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Voodoo for me aswell. And i have him duped. Im not saying hes bad. Hes just nowhere near the top tier champs

Who dafuq flagged you for your initial response?!?!
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★

Blade is overrated btw

Learn how to play him.
    And actually he is the only champ that can fully evade those specials

OG DD
    Try again..
  • Options
    SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    Really makes me wonder who to R5 next. Have sparky at R5 and he is amazing.

Been thinking about blade, but also feels like a lot of the thread in here that blade is only good in some fights and overrated.

Option are: Spiderman, Magik, AA, Medusa, Blade, Sentinel (Unduped)
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

Been thinking about blade, but also feels like a lot of the thread in here that blade is only good in some fights and overrated.

I want to make sure that I am clear about this, again, because it's not that I don't like Blade. That's not the case -- there's nothing wrong with the character. Extremely useful against certain opponents, also extremely sustainable.

So to be clear: I am NOT saying I wouldn't rank up Blade. Because that would be a lie, because I have a 5/50 one.

But from what you listed and just my OPINION, I think over the long run, you actually get more use out of Magik.

Again: Just my opinion. Blade's deadly. No doubt about that. But Magik's ability to control power, plus Limbo...man. That stuff is invaluable and it works against almost everything.
  • Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288
    Blade is still good against champ that can be bleed even without synergy. If you said blade is trash because you don't use his synergy and throw him in front of Ultron Prime then you are just as smart as the guy who use Hyperion to face MD5 Dorm
  • Options
    SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    ESF wrote: »

I want to make sure that I am clear about this, again, because it's not that I don't like Blade. That's not the case -- there's nothing wrong with the character. Extremely useful against certain opponents, also extremely sustainable.

So to be clear: I am NOT saying I wouldn't rank up Blade. Because that would be a lie, because I have a 5/50 one.

But from what you listed and just my OPINION, I think over the long run, you actually get more use out of Magik.

Again: Just my opinion. Blade's deadly. No doubt about that. But Magik's ability to control power, plus Limbo...man. That stuff is invaluable and it works against almost everything.

Been thinking about magik myself. And do agree that Blade is a great champ. With R5 you just have to make the right decision. It is between Magik and Blade for me at least. Medusa for me is mostly that she does a good deal of damage and already got that with Sparky. AA is great but mainly only use him for solo quests. Love sentinel, but he is unduped, and other option is around sig lvl 100, so a prestige issue. And finally spiderman (classic) is not going anywhere.
  • Options
    vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited August 2018
    All of you whom are saying Magik and Voodoo, you must not have MD level 4+. Or maybe you don't understand Voodoo. Magik not only Power locks, but she controls the fight with said power lock. No self buffs and she can do without proc'ing Dexterity. She destroys any buff champions, for example Hydra Adaptoid, and destroys the Red Hulk bosses in the event quests. Also both of these champs are very compatible with Recoil.

Blade is a God against any bleedable champion, a super God against any dimensional beings, and a super God against any villains / Mystics given you pair him up with some of his fellow God tier synergy partners. He becomes more godly when you give him Deep Wounds synergy. He also is compatible with Recoil build.

Probably SL for me too because most content is built against him these days.

A champ that has no need to fire specials, that is no glass cannon and can play safe just blocking and baiting hard attacks, and at same time has the best UTILITY by dramatically increasing damage output every hit (yet hits hard even at start) has little content against him! With the end of mystic wars and supposedly MD rework the ONLY content against him is an unblockable sp1 that can't be evaded. It's impossible to not love him, unless of course you don't have him, or don't have him awaked.

IMHO SL is the very essence of a god tier champ due to work great everywhere, and makes it hard to consider champs like AA are at same tier due to the very specific appliance. IMHO the only champ that matches him is Magik, who pretty much can only be fight with one power bar lock. It's no surprise both are still at the very top after so long release time and meta changes in the game...