**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

If the 3.1 symbioid is this game now I’m done...

2»

Comments

• Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    I beat him with a 3* Starlord as it helps to practice focus and concentration.

Wow. Guess you've also got an iPhone 8 or X and there's no lag because honestly the way this game lags on most phones, its more a pratice/test of patience than anything else.
  • Options
    KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    I beat him with a 3* Starlord as it helps to practice focus and concentration.

Wow. Guess you've also got an iPhone 8 or X and there's no lag because honestly the way this game lags on most phones, its more a pratice/test of patience than anything else.

Galaxy 8 plus. And it wasn't in first try. Not even in first 5 lol :) But I had lots of small revives/health potions to burn and it was a fun thing to do.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    That's great news! Maybe the number of posts like this will decrease if people quit.
  • Options
    DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Took him down with a combo of 5/50 vision and 4/55 LC the first time before I learned about the Ronan trick. Wouldn’t suggest it since Vision hits like a wet sponge and it took forever
  • Options
    #Villian, #Robot, No Sp3, Iron Man Specials, I’m happy with this months quest! They could have made it a ton worse!

#4*MedusaFTW
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I agree with @HENRIQUE_FORTE - the last couple EQ's got people thinking they were good, and then a challenge comes their way, and look, maybe you're not as good as you thought you were.

There's many counters to this guy, and you have to outskill him. Reduce his abilities. I've seen people use Loki, and Nebula, and Medusa, and Ronan. I used Stark Spiderman at 5/50, a Hyperion as well. I used my maxed out Angela for a run. I didn't want to rely on Ronan for the first couple times because I ENJOY the challenge. That was just uncollected, and I just preferred to beat him with Ronan on master because I already did the highest level with those champs. But seriously, look at his abilities and try to figure out a strategy around that. He's difficult yes, but I'm just gonna end on, not everyone is meant to beat UC every month. good luck
  • Options
    I think many people just don't realize what OP is telling or are too full of themselves because they managed to oneshot it with a 3* Ronan. Here is what I think.

Last two Uncollected were easy and sales from revives and such must have been low. Damn, there was a way to kill that Ghost with a 2* Electro (with some synergies) but that «exploit» was not even needed, since the fight was easy. Sales dropped and they decided to step it up this time: Heimdall, Adaptoid and Red Skull are much harder than the correspondent bosses from last month, agreed?

They put a Adaptoid boss that has power gain, regeneration, physycal resistance when struck, unstoppable on SP and, even better, unblockable when below 25% health. It was supposed to be hard and it was! For the first time, I saw Seatin struggle on his first run. Then he remember to use Ronan and he one shot him.

I bet at that time some developer went «Ups!» Because I don't believe they intended it to happen! To add insult to injury, Ronan can also be used against Red Skull! If they tested properly they would have foreseen it and replaced all those buffs with a single mega-buff, which would make Ronan useless, and only the truly skilled would have done it without revives and potions. As we know how testing is done, it went live and now I guess it's a sales disaster.

So, stop your I-one-shot-him-with-Ronan bragging and your get-good bs and think. They are not here to entertain us, but make life easy on us, but to make money (totally legit, it's a company, they would close doors if didn't make a profit). And they failed on these last 3 events. I hope I am wrong, but I can only assume next couple of events will be very hard.

I fail to see how OP's complaints and Kabam trying to up the difficulty are connected. The fact is, some of us are hardcore gamers who don't complain, but try harder. And to see all these people who fail to do what others can with smaller rosters brings a chuckle out of me.

Today's "gamers" don't want challenges, they want to power through everything and have rewards without hard "work". That's why popular games like WOW and Magic: the Gathering are making progress and game play in general easier - to appeal to wider audience who usually doesn't want to work for rewards. But exploring the possibilities, tinkering with roster, outsmarting the game - isn't this the reason why we play?

For some, obviously not.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    rtilghman wrote: »
    I can fully appreciate “hard” content, and I’m fully prepared to have to use resources to beat certain guys, especially when I mess up. However, the symbioid boss in 3.1 in enter the cabal is ridiculous, infuriating, and a naked excuse to force pretty much everyone to purchase units and potions.

I’ve got a 5* and 6* team that can handle most game content, including gp, voodoo, Hyperion, and km. I’ve beaten chapter 5, I’ve beaten all the game content except for legends, and I literally just burned about $40 just beating that one dude.

Power gain every 6 seconds? Super regeneration ever 15 seconds? Bleed AND poison immune? With unblockable sa1? With unstoppable after every sa? And throw in he’s completely unblockable for the last 20%? In a guy with a 35k pi? This isn’t “event quest” content, this is top end legend level content that you should “choose” to try, not stuff you “have” to complete to get any of the resources you need to level your guys in anything short of 6 months. Oh, and please excuse the fact that this synbioid maintains his unblockable ability even after his regen pushes him back over the limit.

Red Skull is hard, by he’s not even half as hard as this guy, and at least with red skull there’s some kind of strategy involved... like don’t hit his block, intercept and bait, work him down. The strategy for the symbioid? Try to intercept him and hit him as much as you can before he spontaneously regents or powergains and starts shooting death rays at you.

Insulting Kabaam... straight up naked insulting. There’s no way I can fully explore this uncollected tier without spending some obscene level of cash, and it’s a slap in the face after all the time, effort, and cash we’ve spent to play and level our guys to throw someone like that in an event quest.

Disgusted is probably the best word I can use to describe such a brazen grab for cash. If this is the plan for mcoc going forward you can count this long term player out.

Rt

It's def the content and not you.
  • Options
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    I agree with @HENRIQUE_FORTE - the last couple EQ's got people thinking they were good, and then a challenge comes their way, and look, maybe you're not as good as you thought you were.

There's many counters to this guy, and you have to outskill him. Reduce his abilities. I've seen people use Loki, and Nebula, and Medusa, and Ronan. I used Stark Spiderman at 5/50, a Hyperion as well. I used my maxed out Angela for a run. I didn't want to rely on Ronan for the first couple times because I ENJOY the challenge. That was just uncollected, and I just preferred to beat him with Ronan on master because I already did the highest level with those champs. But seriously, look at his abilities and try to figure out a strategy around that. He's difficult yes, but I'm just gonna end on, not everyone is meant to beat UC every month. good luck

Wholeheartedly agree. Those who say "but I finished Act 5!", well...you did it after they removed slashed tires and thorns. I'd like to see what would those people say about Juggy with slashed tires with only champs that were available at that time. They would probably all quit the game.
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Using 5/65 Stark (along with 5/65 Blade synergy) seemed to work pretty well against the Adaptoid ... I just built up 10 poise then smacked 'em.
  • Options
    Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    Loki with some MD will do you wonders
  • Options
    ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    yzgy1akmnsvq.jpg
  • Options
    So it just happened that they designed the Adaptoid and Red Skull to be beaten with any star level duped Ronan(easiest with no need for strategy or skills), and a few other champs maxed out(preferably 5*) along with some strategy and skills. And those that benefited from it come roaring down on a guy for venting a bit at Kabam, not us players.(great community :neutral: )

Maybe he happens to be fed up with the ridiculousness of the node combinations more than anything else. At least thats what I got from his post. Maybe he didnt want to take the easy way to clear and wanted to challenge himself by trying to take it down with other champs that "aren't meant to be used" against him. Maybe he doesnt have a duped Ronan.

Not to such extremes, but I personally fight a lot of matches using champs that have class disadvatage just to up the challenge a bit(coincidentally works well against the Rage node), and I seldom read the abilities and nodes before fighting cause I like to be "on my toes". And when I first fought the Adaptoid, I was like, "WTF, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME WITH THIS S#*T"!?!?(not to mention his 12k + atk) After 6 unsucessful attempts, I went with my 5/50 sig 50something Magik with 3MD, and used a few revives cause starting a fight with unblockable finale is not my forte. LOL

Kabam can and will make any node or boost as they please, and that's evident seeing the current trend of new node buffs.

I'm curious how the community would react if they came up with a global node that would allow a boss to have no counters(immune to everything, even ability reduction)? I say global node because then even the Ronan counter shouldnt work because those are more along the lines of "natural enhancements" and shouldn't show up as an actual buff.

Can't happen? That's what I would have said if someone told me last year that Kabam will be introducing 6* champs before it was even possible to max out our 5*'s.......

• Options
    well bye then.
  • Options
    MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    Didnt use Ronan, still whooped his ass. Ghost rider, Magik, and Medusa. Swap in Voodoo for medusa on red skull. Hardest fight in uncollected was that damn Domino i had to kill twice in 3-2.
  • Options
    ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    well bye then.

q15cib9373dg.jpg
  • Options
    Imthatdamnbad82Imthatdamnbad82 Posts: 181
    Im not even doing the Uncollected this month when I had to use items to get through the last three chapters of Master. I went through all my revives on just 1 run through.
  • Options
    IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    I think many people just don't realize what OP is telling or are too full of themselves because they managed to oneshot it with a 3* Ronan. Here is what I think.

Last two Uncollected were easy and sales from revives and such must have been low. Damn, there was a way to kill that Ghost with a 2* Electro (with some synergies) but that «exploit» was not even needed, since the fight was easy. Sales dropped and they decided to step it up this time: Heimdall, Adaptoid and Red Skull are much harder than the correspondent bosses from last month, agreed?

They put a Adaptoid boss that has power gain, regeneration, physycal resistance when struck, unstoppable on SP and, even better, unblockable when below 25% health. It was supposed to be hard and it was! For the first time, I saw Seatin struggle on his first run. Then he remember to use Ronan and he one shot him.

I bet at that time some developer went «Ups!» Because I don't believe they intended it to happen! To add insult to injury, Ronan can also be used against Red Skull! If they tested properly they would have foreseen it and replaced all those buffs with a single mega-buff, which would make Ronan useless, and only the truly skilled would have done it without revives and potions. As we know how testing is done, it went live and now I guess it's a sales disaster.

So, stop your I-one-shot-him-with-Ronan bragging and your get-good bs and think. They are not here to entertain us, but make life easy on us, but to make money (totally legit, it's a company, they would close doors if didn't make a profit). And they failed on these last 3 events. I hope I am wrong, but I can only assume next couple of events will be very hard.

IW Movie and Marvel 10 years tie in seems to be 2 most harderst UC and if thats the case then anything major from MCU you can bet the UC will be hard....wont be surprised if IW 2 tie in will be tough again
  • Options
    IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    edited August 2018
    Player2018 wrote: »
    So it just happened that they designed the Adaptoid and Red Skull to be beaten with any star level duped Ronan(easiest with no need for strategy or skills), and a few other champs maxed out(preferably 5*) along with some strategy and skills. And those that benefited from it come roaring down on a guy for venting a bit at Kabam, not us players.(great community :neutral: )

Maybe he happens to be fed up with the ridiculousness of the node combinations more than anything else. At least thats what I got from his post. Maybe he didnt want to take the easy way to clear and wanted to challenge himself by trying to take it down with other champs that "aren't meant to be used" against him. Maybe he doesnt have a duped Ronan.

Not to such extremes, but I personally fight a lot of matches using champs that have class disadvatage just to up the challenge a bit(coincidentally works well against the Rage node), and I seldom read the abilities and nodes before fighting cause I like to be "on my toes". And when I first fought the Adaptoid, I was like, "WTF, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME WITH THIS S#*T"!?!?(not to mention his 12k + atk) After 6 unsucessful attempts, I went with my 5/50 sig 50something Magik with 3MD, and used a few revives cause starting a fight with unblockable finale is not my forte. LOL

Kabam can and will make any node or boost as they please, and that's evident seeing the current trend of new node buffs.

I'm curious how the community would react if they came up with a global node that would allow a boss to have no counters(immune to everything, even ability reduction)? I say global node because then even the Ronan counter shouldnt work because those are more along the lines of "natural enhancements" and shouldn't show up as an actual buff.

Can't happen? That's what I would have said if someone told me last year that Kabam will be introducing 6* champs before it was even possible to max out our 5*'s.......

Bet you an IP dupe 7* will be announced and released before 6* are able to reach R3 lol

Oh and if you think current AW nodes are messed up wait till you test out the new ones in dungeon so that those will be used in AW S4. I am calling it the nodes in first dungeon run will be in S4 and then second dungeon run will be in S5 AW and pattern will continue
  • Options
    I beat this guy with 5* hype smh... and I had 4* Ronan but I din't want to be such a noob like everyone who used that **** tactic...
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Just armour shatter him with medusa and he'll be as easy as any other adaptoid
  • Options
    kpkumardtskpkumardts Posts: 120
    OP, luckily for us, they FORGOT about Ronan. If not, instead of all those buffs they would put a single massive physical resistance or whatever and all these very skilled Ronan users would flood the forums, like with Crazy Guillotine.

or STUN IMMUNE LOL