**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does summoner appreciation week adequately compensate for recent game issues?

Comments

• Options
    Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Nowhere close to being enough
    Its absurd how they think this atones for well over a month of issues that have partially kept some users out of the game and kept some out entirely. Not to mention soms people actually having their phones broken in the process of their complete inadequacy to maintain and update a game.
  • Options
    RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    edited August 2018
    No
    just sounds like im wasting more movements when we have a full [removed by moderation] schedule anyway. EQ, trying to hit all the difficulties for gwen goes to the movies, now we got [removed by moderation] halls of heals yay
    Post edited by Kabam Porkchop on
  • Options
    ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    No
    Its ok if you are a samsung user, they should give extra to people who use apple.

You can't give one large percentage of the community a bunch of rewards and not the other. Not only would it be difficult for Kabam to determine who uses what device or some who have both, but also there would be a lot of backlash from the Android community (who had some claim to overheating as well). Give everyone the same compensation and it'll cause less headaches.
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    ShadeZero wrote: »
    Its ok if you are a samsung user, they should give extra to people who use apple.

You can't give one large percentage of the community a bunch of rewards and not the other. Not only would it be difficult for Kabam to determine who uses what device or some who have both, but also there would be a lot of backlash from the Android community (who had some claim to overheating as well). Give everyone the same compensation and it'll cause less headaches.

False. There have been android offers and Apple offers before, not that hard.
  • Options
    BmanBman Posts: 221
    This is beyond atrocious!! In every way possible!!
    This in no way even addressed missed arena rewards. I know most don’t grind arena, but many players still do (including me). That’s missed 4/5* champs, and several 1,000’s of shards as well. It also does not address missed EQ rewards. I agree compensation shouldn’t just hand out RD tickets, T5 and such. Compensation should however cover 50% of what players would have earned if they able to play. This “compensation” is beyond a slap in the face! We get to spend more time doing extra events for a game that is so severely broken. How does this reward any kind of loyalty to a game that has the absolute worst year possible?!?!
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    No “gifts” would have been better than this... stingy af
  • Options
    No
    For everyone who says it's not enough, in my opinion you guys are way too greedy. And what they have done is more than enough. Very generous of them.

You def have a right to your opinion and probably have reasons why you feel that way. I was able to finish eq last month, luckily. Same for aq/aw. I don't arena much tho.

I can't really imagine how frustrating it would be for a committed player in a competitive alliance to not be able to do those things listed above. Not saying you aren't a committed and competitive player. Just saying I know many that had to forego their normal play because of the issues they had. And when you look at the rewards they missed because of that and compare them to the appreciation week and package choice.... Things don't add up imo. Even comparing it to previous non-issue related appreciation MONTHS doesn't work out.

We all play differently tho. And that's cool. I just can't see the appreciation week as being enough for the issues most have faced and the rewards they've missed.
  • Options
    Lightingrod7Lightingrod7 Posts: 166 ★★
    Only 1000 5* shards?
  • Options
    phippskiphippski Posts: 5
    Garbage. To give us halls of healing and not halls of fortune is a slap to face too. I only hope they'll alternate between to 2 every 24hours
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    You guys realize this poll will do literally nothing, correct?
  • Options
    BmanBman Posts: 221
    We know. Nothing ever makes a difference with Kabam. Beyond sad what has happened to once great game! Completely ruined with ridiculously bad coding, no testing, no real bug fixes, and pure indifference to the community that made this game so popular and profitable! Truly truly sad
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    For everyone who says it's not enough, in my opinion you guys are way too greedy. And what they have done is more than enough. Very generous of them.

I assumed this was an attempt at sarcasm, no?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    What a garbage deal and pathetic compensation
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    It's good enough
    I answered this from my perspective and excluding the “summoner appreciation”. For me personally my iPhone only heated up a small bit for about a week and then went away. It wasn’t flaming hot and it didn’t prevent me from playing the game. For me personally I’m getting extra items. However I know others had a lot of issues like their batteries overheating and needing replacement. I’ve even heard a couple reports of full phone replacements. For those people this is a huge slap in the face and honestly the apathy is disgusting. I think Kabam should have handled this a little better and given a token of goodwill.
    As for this “summoner appreciation”, it’s pathetic. Last year was a better appreciation and we weren’t suffering game outages and overheating phones for months. I really think they are just trying to see how far they can push us.

TL;DR I can live with the compensation if you want to call it that but the “summoner appreciation” is a joke.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    We’re getting **** for such major problems over months of problems. Kabam is gonna have to do a lot for us too feel like we have been confensation for these bugs and problems
  • Options
    This is a joke. As a long time player I created an account to add my voice. It’s pretry BS actually.
  • Options
    Fulcana666Fulcana666 Posts: 14
    No
    I don't care about compensation. Giving me free goodies in the game does not make the game any more playable for me when my phone is overheating every 20 minutes. Started in 19.0, worse in 19.1. I have listed issues in the appropriate thread, which is up to *10 pages* of comments from people who have similar issues. I have also put in a support ticket, which to date has not been answered. To heck with compensation....just fix the game so it doesn't damage my phone and maybe I will keep playing. Clearly, a game is not worth potential damage to my phone.
  • Options
    IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    When you go to a restaurant and they serve you a meal that is not cooked to your order or was just a horrible meal for you the manager of a good restaurant will bring you the order Cooked properly or offer a substitute meal with a discount of some type if not removing the charge for the meal altogether. A good restaurant will always go over and above to ensure you leave with if not a positive experience at least feeling desired and valued for giving them a try and with a reason to return and give them another chance.

Why do they do this? It's because they know that if a customer goes away with a bad taste in their mouth they are not only less likely to return but are also highly likely to tell their friends to avoid that place. But even if they lose money on that visit from that customer by giving them more than is necessary, it increases the chances they make a return visit. Not only will they return but they will come back with friends and with good will for that restaurant because they know that they matter.

What this is to me is the equivalent of taking 3 bites from a meal before returning it due to it's inedibility and the manager returning with the exact same meal cooked slightly better but with 3 bites taken out of it.

This inspires no loyaty of patronage. It gives no reason to believe ones concerns are listened to or understood. It breeds no Goodwill from the loyal customers who have stuck through the last year of bug after bug costing them more and more of their time or money when the game wasn't down due to server error or crashing during a crystal opening or right before an aw/aq fight.

This literally kills the giddiness I used to feel when I thought about the next offer coming out on fridays. I remember I would set aside $30 a week just to spend on this game and often I would spend more. I would sit excited literally watching the clock for it to strike 1 p.m. just to see the offer and decide if it's units this week or a crystal package or catalyst offer. That giddy anxiety has fled and this only goes to chase it away.

I'm hungry for steak lol
  • Options
    GlueNoClueGlueNoClue Posts: 76
    It's good enough
    Since I'm not an iPhone user(poor me), I'd say it covers :D
  • Options
    RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Then in that case, Android users ahould get compensation for the entire before the Apple issues began. The 6 life of the game, IOS has an advantage over android. Once, for a very short period of time, Apple get the tables turned on them and they think android deserves less compensation because for a month Apple lost the advantage they held over Android for years.

Yeah that makes TOTAL sense!!