**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

2 Months Progress of Hard Work (A New Player's Tale)

wh2b5zx9o5zw.png

First of all: I'm a Free2Play player, so I DID NOT SPEND ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY ON THIS GAME.

So i'm a new player, today it's the 60th day in my account, i started playing around when the GotG Vol. 0 Started, and i fell in love with the game, fortunately i searched stuff to help me in the game and i found Seatin's and Brian Grant's Channel that helped me a lot, so i began my arena grind pretty early in the game.

in these 2 months i have gotten 28 4* Champions, 2 5* Champions, 44 3* (only 2 maxed) I got every Basic Champion since Mordo (Except for Joe FixIt as i didn't even grind for him)
And every single featured since Yondu.
You can see all of my arena history scores here :): http://imgur.com/a/SAQoB
Ended with a PI overall of 89k

Done Act 1 at 100% Act 2, Act 3 at 100%, completed Act 4 http://imgur.com/a/FWk3l

And i even beat Realm Of Legends during the WS Arena http://imgur.com/a/m58G8
https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/6k573j/realm_of_legends_done_in_less_than_2_months/

I hope that if a new player sees this, this can inspire them to achieve their most out of their 2 months in the game, use the arena system, it is designed to push you on your early game, you can get every basic if you want to.

Advice i would give you new players:
1.- completing act 1 at 100% is a good idea, this is true also for act 3, as you will get a 4* out of it, i would not bother exploring act 2 however, also explore medium difficulty for monthly quest if you can to get a free 3* champion each month.

2.- Grind arena as soon as you can, if you can't get a 3 star champion, grind the Summoner Trials arena, you will get PHCs for free, hence more chance at getting new champions and new 4 stars, i opened at least 20 phcs per week, and i got my first 3 4* from PHCs.

Also, if you don't have enough time you can get at least 6 4* in those 2 months from the basic arena.

3.- Once you have some 3 stars, don't be afraid to grind the 4* arenas, even if you don't get the basic or featured champion, it is highly important to get shards, if you hit the 11-20% rewards you will get 4 4* Crystals over 8 weeks, plus 3200 5* Shards from the basic arena, add in the 1-10% from featured arena you get another 5 more 4* crystals and 4800 more 5* shards over 6 weeks.

ALSO NEVER EVER BUY CRYSTALS GUYS! USE THE UNITS FOR MASTERIES! and also to buy refills to get those arena points if you want to get a champion.

So that's all, i hope i can create good content to help new players as Seatin, Brian, Dave, and Joel helped me, and i really appreciate it and thank you guys.

And if someone wants help or something you can hit me up In Game and i'll gladly help you :).

Comments

• Josh2PlayJosh2Play Posts: 115
    @Jac094 Totally possible! the amount of units you get from doing Arena each week is insane! was getting about 200-400 units per week, which i used to refresh my champions to get them, you should check this link to se my arena cutoff history for Beginner and Intermediate Brackets: http://imgur.com/a/SAQoB
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    You're the luckiest.... Ah! Rrrrgh.
    @CrusherOfDreams i knew it would make you mad haha! but why luckiest?
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    how many rounds did it take to get hyperion?
    @Rednick69 Dunno, i didn't use the infinite streak outside of the 3* featured arena, i mostly just did like 11 rounds each rotation and then lost my streak on purpose 6 times a day, i did 1.6 mil first round for him.
  • AviWeizmanAviWeizman Posts: 28
    Jac094 wrote: »
    No spend but you have 4s duped new punisher
    4s duped carnage 4s yondu 4s tech spidy.. no spend? Can't be possible man..

he's in lower bracket than youre so its possible the cut off are lower cuz not every one have enough champs to fight there tor know how this game works.

and back to the topic great job mate keep up.
    Josh2Play wrote: »
    @CrusherOfDreams i knew it would make you mad haha! but why luckiest?

You've duped Star Lord, duped the recent Featured champs, beaten RoL, had so little of a life that you've won Arena like 5 out of the last 6 times.... yeah.
    @Rednick69
    Although I believe in putting in hard work to win, the beginner bracket is BS. The price for something shouldn't be lower because you are a noob. Kinda of like the price of Amazon prime is cut in half if you are on welfare.
    That is BS thinking right there, beginner players don't start with 43 teams of 4*s to Grind the Arena, i think the beginner and intermediate brackets are great for new players, however i still think that there needs to be another bracket in between for new players, not everyone will make as much progress as i do, and still i don't think my roster is enough to go for good champs in veteran arena bracket.

@AviWeizman Thank you bro!
    And you've duped Punisher. I haven't gotten him once in about two years. Granted, I haven't been as active as you apparently, but we've got to at least be even in the amount of Arena Crystals opened. No way you've done that without luck.
  • Bigdrail93Bigdrail93 Posts: 48
    This is an example to newer players just how smart it is to hit arenas while your in the lower brackets. You've got a great start on the game man. Congrats
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    @Josh2Play
    If being a fan of everything being fair is BS thinking, then that's what I'm doing.

It is literally you walking in a store to buy a dollar bag of chips and the guy in front of you gets it for a nickel and you have to pay the full dollar.

I'm not saying I don't appreciate your hard work because I do. I worked very hard for my roster as well. I just don't see why we have two different prices for the same product.
    @CrusherOfDreams You're forgetting that 4* Punisher was Featured on the arenas same time as Hyperion, and that i have every featured Since Yondu man, not luck, just arenas.

@Rednick69 That analogy is flaud, as i would accept it if champions were bought (Like in league of legends then yes, keep same prices for every bracket) not worked towards to get, thing is if in competitive games there existed no Brackets, Ratings and Stuff of sorts, let's assume you just started playing the game, and on your first round, you're put to fight against the best player in the game, That would seem unfair right? you have no experience and yet you're expected to fair against the best players.

That's why brackets are highly important in this game, Arenas are suppossed to be a competitive content, you compete against other real players, and it is a broken system really, you don't get the champion based on your skill, you get it for spending hours farming points, hence why the more champions someone has, the more chances he has to achieve an arena Champion, i'm able to get to 2 mil with my current roster, Think if didn't have the champions i achieved from arena, i only have 6 right? if i were to grind every 2 hours with those 2 teams i would only be able to put 540k points, that is not even enough to get someone like Joe FixIt, this puts the new player on a unfair situation where progress is a roadblock by not starting with the roster that other 2+ years people has.

it is just a matter of balancing, and i still think that there needs to be another bracket after intermediate, as i said before, most new players won't have progress like mine, as i had to put insane work in these 2 months, which the average player may not want to do, but they should have enough progress to not get frustrated and keep the longevity of the game with those new players.
    @CrusherOfDreams You're forgetting that 4* Punisher was Featured on the arenas same time as Hyperion, and that i have every featured Since Yondu man, not luck, just arenas.

@Rednick69 That analogy is flaud, as i would accept it if champions were bought (Like in league of legends then yes, keep same prices for every bracket) not worked towards to get, thing is if in competitive games there existed no Brackets, Ratings and Stuff of sorts, let's assume you just started playing the game, and on your first round, you're put to fight against the best player in the game, That would seem unfair right? you have no experience and yet you're expected to fair against the best players.

That's why brackets are highly important in this game, Arenas are suppossed to be a competitive content, you compete against other real players, and it is a broken system really, you don't get the champion based on your skill, you get it for spending hours farming points, hence why the more champions someone has, the more chances he has to achieve an arena Champion, i'm able to get to 2 mil with my current roster, Think if didn't have the champions i achieved from arena, i only have 6 right? if i were to grind every 2 hours with those 2 teams i would only be able to put 540k points, that is not even enough to get someone like Joe FixIt, this puts the new player on a unfair situation where progress is a roadblock by not starting with the roster that other 2+ years people has.

it is just a matter of balancing, and i still think that there needs to be another bracket after intermediate, as i said before, most new players won't have progress like mine, as i had to put insane work in these 2 months, which the average player may not want to do, but they should have enough progress to not get frustrated and keep the longevity of the game with those new players.

I find it hard to believe you won the SL arena twice though. That's gotta be some insanely lucky crystal pulls.
    edited July 2017
    @CrusherOfDreams i encourage you to take a look at my whole arena history http://imgur.com/a/SAQoB
    you'll see every champion i got from arena and how many points i scored for each.

that link is an album of screenshots i took of every arena reward i recived.
    Fine, you did it without too much luck. Good for you. Now get a job lol. I'm impressed but also feel bad for you at the same time.
    @CrusherOfDreams once i'm done with Filmmaking School hopefully i will, youtube won't do it for me but its fun lol.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    I'm going to assume you're not new, just starting a New Account. The reality is, people don't go into it knowing the entire process. They learn as they go. The first 60 days are designed with that in mind. People are starting out. I've seen people who start a New Account every 2 months, just to score the newest Champs. Pretty useless when you consider they never keep them. I'm sure your suggestions would be helpful to some, but people generally don't find the Forum when they start out until much later on. Great Roster. Are you going to keep that Account? Lol. Not saying you do the same as the people I know. Just curious. (Never understood multiple Accounts. One is enough.)
    @GroundedWisdom my first and only account so yeah i will keep it, and yes i'm new as i said i found out about the game when the GotG Vol. 0 Started because a friend told me about the game so i searched it on youtube, and found Seatin, and Brian's channels, watched a lot of content and formulated a good formula for my first 2 months playing, rough part was figuring cutoffs for both brackets, but i still think that there are new players in the forums, i found about them when i was still in beginner bracket, so i hopefully can help more new players like seatin and brian are doing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom my first and only account so yeah i will keep it, and yes i'm new as i said i found out about the game when the GotG Vol. 0 Started because a friend told me about the game so i searched it on youtube, and found Seatin, and Brian's channels, watched a lot of content and formulated a good formula for my first 2 months playing, rough part was figuring cutoffs for both brackets, but i still think that there are new players in the forums, i found about them when i was still in beginner bracket, so i hopefully can help more new players like seatin and brian are doing.

Ah. Well, good on you. Not many people research when starting out. I appreciate that you have the willingness to help people. I can relate to that. :)
    @Bigdrail93 Yeah! exactly! thank you man!

@GroundedWisdom i do and i appreciate the comment dude!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I wish I had known about arena brackets when I started. Got a bunch of 3*s from arena and had no idea how close I was to 4*s. Don't know why Kabam has this feature but no information about it for new players. Good work man, you've got a hell of a start.
  • Joel_SamaJoel_Sama Posts: 3
    @Josh2Play
    Great job! Smart too. U did ur research. U put in the work. Haters out there. The point is u put the work in and used your brain to get the best results. I applaud you! I hope others read this.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★
    This thread deserves a sticky and is a contender for hall of fame!.

Congrats Josh2Play.
    I read your thread on RoL and you are already special there.

• WafflesalldayWafflesallday Posts: 189
    Congratulations man good job!

I just pressed lol under your post to complete all the tags
    @Wafflesallday i dunno why but i LOLed at last part. thank you man!

@winterthur don't think this is sticky worthy, but Kabam should really work on explaining progression to a new player since it's not natural.

@Joel_Sama Thank you man! i hope this helps new players.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    What did you do to get 20k 5* shards in 2 months. If you placed in the arenas as you described, you get 8k in 8 weeks. Where did the other 12k come from