**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

On a possible Difference between the earth and the globe. We need a commitment

PORTER91PORTER91 Posts: 7
edited August 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
Dear Kabam-Team,

the title refers to a series of presentations Bruno Latour himself has given in a several academic hotspots in Europe. Following his argumentation he says that the earth's narrative is related to a kind of mysterious and elusive admirability - the so called gaia. A place where people live together, work together and primarily aim for a good and healthy community. On the other hand the globe is more or less the point of reference for people who are in order to understand the earth as a value not in terms of sustainability but as a resource for acquiring the benefits of the worldwide interdependency. The globe therebye becomes an instrument for the economic exploitation of differences in living standards, income and taxes.

In the modern gaming industry we can see similar tendencies. There are games like FIFA, released by huge monopolizing publishers who mostly care for their economic benefit. Fifa players are being squeezed out like bottles of chilli-cheese-sauce for the joy of playing a game the way the game is made for. FIFA in this regard lies upon the globalization while games like fortnite mean to be the earth - the thing people are living and working on, playing and enjoying. Something they were gratefully given to make their lives, not something they had to invest massively into to get a tiny piece of the cake. A game that has become the most successful game in gaming history with over 27 mio players logging in at least once a day.

When I started playing mcoc 3 years ago it felt like the gaia itself - i was overwhelmed that such a beautiful and fun game is free to play and I was wondering how not everyone around me was addicted to playing mcoc. After 3 years of playing the game and spending a several grant on it I see mcoc shifting more and more towards a part of the gaming industry that less and less people find enjoyable. Even though there were always imbalances in the game, unforeseen server maintances, crashes, item and money losses, I never complained. But today is the day I have to raise my voice to appeal to your plan on making mcoc the best game ever. The community has adressed shitstorms to you, people have quit the game, people wanted to boycott and still july had to be one of the most profitable months for you ever. The reason for it? Because you gave us exactly what we wanted. And we enjoyed giving you our money. Like people who buy nice skins in fortnite, the mcoc community is also willing to spend their money for good. After all this bs in the recent months it is time to show your appreciation with sincerity. Nobody wants items he or she can get anyway on different ways. My glory and my loyalty are enough to get by in Platinum 3 - neither do I need any items for uncollected. My arena boosts are flowing over. I have been playing for 3 years and nowadays have an ok prestige of 7100. But still I dont have a reasonable champ for LOL - I did my first path with gulk for 14k units - do you really want the game to be like this? It was no fun. I dont believe it, I dont want to believe that you are squeezers, I believe you are good people working for a big company and you want to do good. Of course you need salarys and stakeholders want their profits but its us in large who generate it. People want a 5* awakening gem, rank down tickets and 15k 5* shards - you know that. Would it change anything in the game if you gave out these rewards only once? It would be a commitment to the community and a true affirmation. People dont spend money if the game makes them sick. They spend when they are happy and when the feel like you deserve it. The upcoming summoner appreciation as what you referred to when speaking about compensation is - unfortunately - a kick in the face of everyone who day by day invests his time into the game and expresses his or her hope for further greatness. It wouldnt change anything about the meta and the pace you want the game to proceed. But it would show a commitment towards the earth and your confession to the game.

We need that, because no relationship is sustainable when it is maintained single-sided. So please kabam, dont ruin this great game frightening off the players and make it a least for one moment shine in the light and as the blessed beauty it is, created by the gods who are you yourself.

P.S. If you need help in the community management, I would appreciate to work for you. Im fine with 20 000$/year and my qualifications are: Master of Arts in Political Science, several internships at government institutions; good computer skills, perfect german and ok english.

Comments

• Options
    Excuse me?
  • Options
    WalletWallet Posts: 29
    PORTER91 wrote: »
    Dear Kabam-Team,

the title refers to a series of presentations Bruno Latour himself has given in a several academic hotspots in Europe. Following his argumentation he says that the earth's narrative is related to a kind of mysterious and elusive admirability - the so called gaia. A place where people live together, work together and primarily aim for a good and healthy community. On the other hand the globe is more or less the point of reference for people who are in order to understand the earth as a value not in terms of sustainability but as a resource for acquiring the benefits of the worldwide interdependency. The globe therebye becomes an instrument for the economic exploitation of differences in living standards, income and taxes.

In the modern gaming industry we can see similar tendencies. There are games like FIFA, released by huge monopolizing publishers who mostly care for their economic benefit. Fifa players are being squeezed out like bottles of chilli-cheese-sauce for the joy of playing a game the way the game is made for. FIFA in this regard lies upon the globalization while games like fortnite mean to be the earth - the thing people are living and working on, playing and enjoying. Something they were gratefully given to make their lives, not something they had to invest massively into to get a tiny piece of the cake. A game that has become the most successful game in gaming history with over 27 mio players logging in at least once a day.

When I started playing mcoc 3 years ago it felt like the gaia itself - i was overwhelmed that such a beautiful and fun game is free to play and I was wondering how not everyone around me was addicted to playing mcoc. After 3 years of playing the game and spending a several grant on it I see mcoc shifting more and more towards a part of the gaming industry that less and less people find enjoyable. Even though there were always imbalances in the game, unforeseen server maintances, crashes, item and money losses, I never complained. But today is the day I have to raise my voice to appeal to your plan on making mcoc the best game ever. The community has adressed shitstorms to you, people have quit the game, people wanted to boycott and still july had to be one of the most profitable months for you ever. The reason for it? Because you gave us exactly what we wanted. And we enjoyed giving you our money. Like people who buy nice skins in fortnite, the mcoc community is also willing to spend their money for good. After all this bs in the recent months it is time to show your appreciation with sincerity. Nobody wants items he or she can get anyway on different ways. My glory and my loyalty are enough to get by in Platinum 3 - neither do I need any items for uncollected. My arena boosts are flowing over. I have been playing for 3 years and nowadays have an ok prestige of 7100. But still I dont have a reasonable champ for LOL - I did my first path with gulk for 14k units - do you really want the game to be like this? It was no fun. I dont believe it, I dont want to believe that you are squeezers, I believe you are good people working for a big company and you want to do good. Of course you need salarys and stakeholders want their profits but its us in large who generate it. People want a 5* awakening gem, rank down tickets and 15k 5* shards - you know that. Would it change anything in the game if you gave out these rewards only once? It would be a commitment to the community and a true affirmation. People dont spend money if the game makes them sick. They spend when they are happy and when the feel like you deserve it. The upcoming summoner appreciation as what you referred to when speaking about compensation is - unfortunately - a kick in the face of everyone who day by day invests his time into the game and expresses his or her hope for further greatness. It wouldnt change anything about the meta and the pace you want the game to proceed. But it would show a commitment towards the earth and your confession to the game.

We need that, because no relationship is sustainable when it is maintained single-sided. So please kabam, dont ruin this great game frightening off the players and make it a least for one moment shine in the light and as the blessed beauty it is, created by the gods who are you yourself.

P.S. If you need help in the community management, I would appreciate to work for you. Im fine with 20 000$/year and my qualifications are: Master of Arts in Political Science, several internships at government institutions; good computer skills, perfect german and ok english.

Y’know, I was thinking the exact same thing last night!
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,619 ★★★★★
    So you just wrote a long ass post basically just asking for rank down tickets lol.

To save you some time, here will be Kabam's answer: NO
  • Options
    ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    rq7u8q6y80j6.jpg