**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to play trash champs

2»

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    This is a really good idea hope this forum stays forever
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Also for Howard the duck he can be quite a good ramp up champ
    As long as you play aggressive you’ll keep your furies and they keep stacking up and eventually you will get about double to more damage boost
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    I really like your idea with this thread.

I think there are very few champs without redeeming features; although clearly there's a power/utility spectrum with Kamala Khan at one end, and Blade/Sparky at the other.

I'd also suggest that some champs are considered trash because they reward bad players: Hulkbuster is an example. Although his basic attacks are weak, he's actually ridiculously tough, and his Specials inflict decent armour breaks, giving his SP3 a real punch. So if you're a low-skilled player who can't Dodge attacks and relies on SP3's to finish fights, he's actually a very effective champion! However if you're a good player who dodges attacks really well, his Armour Ups will never trigger; his Sig won't really impress you, and you'll rarely be using a SP3.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    So, strategy for Gambit you say:

2izkkc83daa8.jpg

Well his basic stats are middling - reasonable health, reasonable damage, reasonable crit rate, decent crit damage. He's got a bit of useful Physical Resistance, and takes slightly less damage from Bleeds for a while.

If you're fighting a defensive AI, you can usually charge up 5-6 kinetic charges; sometimes ten. Then land a heavy when you're just shy of an SP3 or SP2 to convert them; so you can inflict at least two Special attacks with bonus damage.

With charges, Gambit can do some decent damage with Specials; especially if Awakened; and even without them, his Concussion is good, and very effective against Skill champs: I had one hit me in arenas and stop my Thor Ragnarok from gaining Thunder God's Wrath from his SP3. Oops. Still, I bet that would be helpful against Killmonger and his annoying Invulnerable/Counterpunch charges.

Another strategy, better to use against more aggressive AI is to use a Power Gain team and try to effect permanent Stun Lock by spamming SP1:

https://youtu.be/515_yIbNDSI

• Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Bumpity bump
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    How to use B, GR and SE: win 😁😁🎊🎉🎉🎊 Lol jk
    How to use Loki: build to L3 and just play normal until you stun them (while they are cursed) and then do a heavy to refresh it. Build up to an L3 again so you can re-curse them if you need to bait. This strategy works great against buff heavy champs and people like Medusa ( no fury no autoblock). I don’t think it works on IMIW because it’s passive but someone could check.

Edit:just did a duel. Doesn’t work. Oh well not like it was probable just by looking at it (buff steal)
    How to use B, GR and SE: win 😁😁🎊🎉🎉🎊 Lol jk
    How to use Loki: build to L3 and just play normal until you stun them (while they are cursed) and then do a heavy to refresh it. Build up to an L3 again so you can re-curse them if you need to bait. This strategy works great against buff heavy champs and people like Medusa ( no fury no autoblock). I don’t think it works on IMIW because it’s passive but someone could check.

Edit:just did a duel. Doesn’t work. Oh well not like it was probable just by looking at it (buff steal)

Also I’ve seen great gameplay for Loki against 5.4.6 ultron prime.... I’ll try to find one
  • Xerograv1tyXerograv1ty Posts: 41
    Kamala khan is not so bad. She is my goto poison immunr on my 2nd account.
    Her sp1 can nullify upto 2 buffs, and gives her a nice atk boost.
    If i know its going to be a long figh5 i will do an sp3 to start. This gives her a permanent fury for the entire fight.
    She actually hits surprisingly hard. Not a top tier chanp but not as bad as ppl make her out to be.
  • rookerooke Posts: 19
    Hello I have a 5* rocket and can't find a good way to use him any pointers?
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    There's no point buffing scrub Champs.

I do however recommend a synergy revamp for Champs in question. Team synergies like the inhuman or any new champ.

That alone can make the weakest into viable and useable characters
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    rooke wrote: »

dont get hit.
  • Gonzawesome80Gonzawesome80 Posts: 62
    Also with Loki, build to a three then spam parry and heavy, it’s a guaranteed crit as a bonus
  • TranminhbaoTranminhbao Posts: 127
    Falcon have "true strike"!
    After dash back and hold block, he will shut down auto-evade and auto-block. Additional for that, Falcon with lock on will not take shock damage from Electro, poison damage from Abomination, shut down Arc overload of any iron man, remove Scarlett Witch's chaos ability...
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    by being a dexterity parry master
    Bump but also I thought of this post when I saw this:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e9tcyj0_LRg

Way to play sentry to maybe get up to the power of at least a quarter million suns 😉
    Anyone else? Fixit, bpcw...
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    BP CW.

Bait out attacks. Gain reflect charges. Then launch a combo once you have a few. Does good damage. Also keep armor up effects going, as they can be consume to reflect a stun back on the opponent.

Sig is kinda good, as it has a slim chance to absorb a heavy at the cost of an armor up buff. Like I said, you have to maintain a healthy amount of armor ups.

M1 also has an extended hitbox, so make full use of it.

Keep in mind the stun reflect only reflects physical stun, meaning it works against contact based stuns (Ex. DD, Hulk sp2, LC) but not energy based stuns (Ex. Storm, Thor)

Spam sp1 at the beginning, but use sp2 when your health is lower, as less health boosts sp2 damage.

He's also good against high attack low defense characters due to reflexive armor, meaning he can tack champs such as SL fairly easily.

Keep in mind his health isn't too great though, so DOT debuffs are especially effective against him.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    rooke wrote: »

Rocket is a fantastic champ IMO, as Long as you don’t get hit you can do huge amounts of damage. To start off he has a very high base Attack and good crit rate (even better when awakened). His special 2 as many know does a huge amount of damage as well as place a strong bleed and armor break. His special 1 also gives him cruelty which, when paired with the armor break can lead to some hefty crits. Rocket was my first 5* as well as first dupe, I have him currently at rank 3 and he ends fights very quickly.
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Ill do one for Moon Knight

Moon knight actually gets a good fury and precision buffs, so he has good damage. In a new moon, mk can stun lock opponents, and have high bleed damage. In a full moon, he's a good diversity defender, with a 10% evade chance. And if he's awakened, he can really mess with everyone's power. Overall, he's underated, but can hold his own.
  • SaphyaerSaphyaer Posts: 52
    Can any one share their use of Venompool? I just got a 5 star and still sore about it?
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Saphyaer wrote: »
    Can any one share their use of Venompool? I just got a 5 star and still sore about it?

Okay. Venompool has a good regen, but it runs off consuming opponents buffs. He also has good bleed damage. What makes him really interesting is his awakened ability. He can trigger buffs at random including regen, emergency shield, and even unstoppable. Don't be sore, just remember, you could have got colossus.
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    This is a really good idea hope this forum stays forever

Any ideas for newer champs? Red Skull maybe?
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Any guides for beast?
    Beast is actually interesting, thanks for suggesting him.

So basically he has two forms, acrobatic and freestyle. Acrobatic is the defensive, power control and Regen form, while freestyle is the do as much damage as possible form. Sort of like Emma but Regen instead of immunities in diamond form. So, to get as much damage out of him as possible, you will need to be over 50% health (like sparky) and you will start the fight in freestyle form.

At that point you will want to parry and do a MLLM combo for extra damage. This is only if beast is awakened. The opponent will be bleeding and you will have crit rating buffs on you. Continue with tempo, making sure that you MLLM combo all the way through, not doing so really messes him up. Spam sp1 to keep him in freestyle. He will start taking down the opponent fairly quickly.

If you’re under 50% health and want to Regen, just parry MLLM and spam sp 2 until you’re over 50%, or until you’re happy with your hp.

It is also possible to stun chain with beast, but not as effectively as other champs because he needs to keep a MLLM combo, otherwise his timing gets thrown off and only a pro (not me) beast player can get him back in sync.