**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why the hate for Loki?

I mean, man, I gotta feel sorry for this dude. He has so many cool abilities luck % health damage, infinity DPS, buff steal and passive power over time. I don’t understand why people treat him like IP, he is rated at least a low if not high demigod IMO.

He can take down many popular AW defenders like Hyperion, Medusa and basically anybody that uses buffs. Pair that with mystic dispersion and you have one deadly boss killer.

I don’t see any other characters that can replace because as of now, he is the only character that can steal buffs so am I missing something here? Is there a reason why he is placed with IP and colossus?

Comments

• ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    With hela he is great
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Yeah I agree.
    He really isn’t bad at all, but he requires some buildup. And with non-buff champs, fights tend to last long.
    Then again, that is something others suffer from. AA against any non-bleeding tech makes AA look crappy as well.

Loki has the ability to grab buffs and shutdown any re-trigger of that buff when theykre cursed. That ability can make opponents melt down fast when he then grabs all their buffs.

Act 4 Venom short path, Loki shines in such fights.
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    he has his uses. everyone knows he can do really well in certain situations
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    His buff steal has saved me many times. More so when said buff is regeneration and his health shoots up from 10% all the way to 60%.

I stole Ultron’s self repair once. It was hilarious.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    Rogue steals buffs too while stealing health at the same time.
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    to my knowledge, it doesnt matter what star or rank this guy is too. 3* loki destroys 5.4 ultron just as fast aparently
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Requires synergies and awakened ability to be considered good. That's why.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    She replicates it, big difference

but when replicated, the opponent can't trigger it. difference, but similar
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »

So if they can't trigger buffs after buff steal why isn't everyone using her for the adaptoid
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    That opinion isn't shared by everyone. Loki is great. He's on my AQ Attack.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    because he's just a field goal kicker.

only good when all else fails, and at the end of the game (ultron classic). hits like a weeny, and when the team fails its his fault.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    No hate for Loki here ... been an officer in both 4L0ki and 3Loki (currently in 3Loki).

Loki 4 Lyfe
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »

So if they can't trigger buffs after buff steal why isn't everyone using her for the adaptoid

Because you have to play very aggressively to keep it. If your opponent has a long special action you lose the buff before you can strike them to keep it on you.
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    [quote="I don’t see any other characters that can replace because as of now, he is the only character that can steal buffs so am I missing something here? Is there a reason why he is placed with IP and colossus?[/quote]

Rouge can steal buffs and keep them from triggering again while she holds them, for my money that's the way to go for buff stealing.

• XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★

Useless against tech champs like the final ultron, Loki can take it all
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I agree, I think Loki is very cool and fun to play with.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    If his buff steals includes any power drain/control he'd be great, as he is now he's a mystic Rogue without the life steal and with a crappier sp2.
  • Ketchup1791Ketchup1791 Posts: 114
    Loki seems to be an oddball character. He's eh at best, but there will be these random situations that come around where he excels at. Note the Hydra Adaptoid for this month.
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    https://youtu.be/qk1ZvZ4XhNs

Just gonna throw this out there..
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Everyone bashing Loki is gonna wish they had him when they try to finish act 5, nuff said.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    In my three years in the game, I've never seen anyone say they hate Loki
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    I think it’s because he’s situational
  • Booterz92Booterz92 Posts: 9
    Yup basically he’s not reliable in enough fights to be considered great especially for aw in higher tiers where timing out is unacceptable
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    I think it’s because he’s situational

So is Ronan and everyone loved him this month. That said if you got skills Loki can be much more than situational. Ronan, not so much.
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    hes not as bad as i thought and i use him more often to see how well i can do with him