**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Feeling depressed

So, I worked through every level of the Gwenpool event and I ended up with:

3 Star Iron Patriot
3 Star Thor (duped my previous one)
4 Star Ultron
2 5 Star Mordos

I had only one 5 Star before this (Loki) and I really don’t have a lot of 4 Star Champions. I was hoping to get some great champions for ranking up.
I’m feeling completely despondent now, should I?

Feeling depressed 137 votes

Yes - those were some awful pulls.
8%
GrafikdevnameplasSpiderCoolsIanMoone1776MitziboiGSTAR21AleorkingbSknZnLordNeoCrimson333 12 votes
Meh - could have been worse
38%
Haji_SaabAnimejay70JamesMJozielPNThanattordangerblubelli300DeadEchoeshephaestusSuperman69NinjaWarrior99Vivek_786DudemanDanSungjChillAshburnGreifmaster911raffsterSavio444Nojokejaym 53 votes
No - Mordo is great and Ultron can do things for your team
52%
winterthurMegaSkater67SMiller80DarkZenStefanjonesTendersquadSpeeds80AppleisgodKihlgastVladislas22HollowbornGAM3RGUYMidknight007DemonzfyreGQuantaoFoxhero007CammonRoSarmisegetusaVuDahDean9300450 72 votes

Comments

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You duped a 5 star champ early in your progression. That’s huge already with this massive pool. I have like 50 5 stars and still have trouble duping them.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Yes but is his duping that good? I don’t really know anything about his character but he doesn’t seem very good. His signature ability isn’t like Iron Man’s overload or Star-Lord’s exponential hit power. Is Mordo’s duping really effective? I’d rather have two unduped better champions...
    I mean honestly from experienced players - is Mordo worth ranking up?
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    edited August 2018

Yes, Mordo is well worth ranking up. He's a good offense champ, and a decent defensive one as well. I have over 50 5*s, and my Mordo is r3. I would consider taking him to r4 if he was duped. Learn to use him. You won't regret it.

Also, you got Ultron. If you aren't going to have many 4*s, he's a good one to have. Double immunity and regen will help you in a lot of ways.

So, yeah, it's a bit disappointing to get the same 5* from the same crystal, but it could be way, way worse. That 5* could be Iron Patriot, who is way worse. You could have not gotten a 5* from one of those crystals.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Mordo is an ass to fight against.
    Yeah sure he doesn't hit very hard if you use him for offense but he's still decent.
    Given your roster isn't quite big, he will help you a lot.

Ultron is very powerful. His regen can save you more times than you can think. Same for his double immunity.
    I used a 4/40 Ultron to clear map 4 and 5 for some 6 months
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    utron is really darn good for attack.....
    and has some use on defence. probably quiet good for where you are at (i suspect you are at lowish tier given your lack of champs)
    and mordo is very good on attack, and quite good on defence (war level i suspect you are at i would suspect amazing).

u got some really good pulls there.
    dont be depressed.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    How long have you been playing? For me it took 6 months before I got my first 5* and it was 5* Colossus. And around 2 more months for my next 5*. If you're just starting out (less than 6 months) and already have 2 5*s (one duped) is already quite an accomplishment.
    IcsGrec wrote: »
    Mordo is an ass to fight against.
    Yeah sure he doesn't hit very hard if you use him for offense but he's still decent.
    Given your roster isn't quite big, he will help you a lot.

Ultron is very powerful. His regen can save you more times than you can think. Same for his double immunity.
    I used a 4/40 Ultron to clear map 4 and 5 for some 6 months

Mordo can hit hard. You just have to stack his furies. This is why Mordo tends to be underrated. He's seen as a defensive champ, but he isn't. On offense he can abuse champs. He's a good answer to Medusa, can stun, degen and even get some regen once in a while. Go against a champ with a bunch of buffs and melt them with your sp2.

Trust me. Test him. Watch some videos. Ask more questions. You won't regret it.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Your second and third 5 stars for free. Why do you feel depressed again?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    You don't realize how good you have it. At your level, any 5* is great.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    @Idelest has a YouTube channel featuring champion meta videos of some of the less common champs. He has a great one for Mordo. I suggest giving the video a watch to see how versatile Mordo can be.

If nothing else, at least a duped Mordo has high prestige. Ranking him should help your alliance in AQ.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    SMiller80 wrote: »

Yes, Mordo is well worth ranking up. He's a good offense champ, and a decent defensive one as well. I have over 50 5*s, and my Mordo is r3. I would consider taking him to r4 if he was duped. Learn to use him. You won't regret it.

Also, you got Ultron. If you aren't going to have many 4*s, he's a good one to have. Double immunity and regen will help you in a lot of ways.

So, yeah, it's a bit disappointing to get the same 5* from the same crystal, but it could be way, way worse. That 5* could be Iron Patriot, who is way worse. You could have not gotten a 5* from one of those crystals.

Mordo's sig ability is pretty lame tbh... I'm assuming you would take him to r4 because of prestige? Otherwise there really is no point waiting as you will see no difference if Mordo is duped or unduped.
  • J_MadroxJ_Madrox Posts: 6
    Well this event duped my first ever 5*, Iron patriot. Out of 10 5* he is my first awakened. You know what ? I'm not even mad, will got better luck later.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Congrats! Now you have 6* shards! And you didn't even need to become uncollected to get them lol
    Mordo's sig ability is pretty lame tbh... I'm assuming you would take him to r4 because of prestige? Otherwise there really is no point waiting as you will see no difference if Mordo is duped or unduped.[/quote]

Yes, prestige, I suppose. I just don't like to use t2a on a champ who isn't awakened. Even if the awakened ability doesn't matter as much.
  • Akkarin23Akkarin23 Posts: 99
    Feeling depressed? I got 5* iron patriot and 5* loki and duped my 4* Yondu. I have a 5* awakening gem waiting for starky or Star Lord.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    I got Iron Patriot and quadruple duped my 5* Iron Man. I would have been happy with any other champ than these two duds so I'd say count your blessings.

As far as Mordo, I've wanted him for a long time and have never pulled him as either 4 or 5*. Ultron is awesome even unduped. Those are good pulls.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Mordo is alright bro. I would have loved him. I got two Loki’s (4*+5*) and a 4* Thor Rags.
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    iron patriot pulls are more depressing XD
  • Thunder5715Thunder5715 Posts: 98
    Let me tell you my pulls.
    5* iron patriot from cinematic
    5* iron Man from shards
    4* iron patriot, 4* wasp from cinematic
    4* white magneto and 4* juggernaut from shards
    Two 3* iron patriot one 4* iron patriot from cinematic shard Crystal along with a lot of 2*

I almost threw my phone
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Got to keep plugging away dude. I got a 4* Iron patriot, a 4* Colossus and a 5* Colossus from the event. Your pulls will help you with questing - just remember there are more average champs in there than great ones and if you keep opening the crystals the champs will come.
    Thanks guys - let’s hope we all pull 5 Star Magiks and Spideys (SE)
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    So you most likely got a 5* from the Legendary Crystal, the one where you only have a 20% chance of getting a 5* champ. Then you ended up duping the same 5* from the Cinematic crystal. The one you got for doing a bunch of easy fights in the inaccurately titled "Epic" difficulty. And you previously had only 1 5* before.

Only had one 5* before. Pulled a 5* twice from crystals obtained from doing very minimal work and extremely easy fights. The entitlement of some people on here...
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    is it just me or does it seem half the posts here got deleted....
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    omg depressed? i would love to dupe my mordo, one of my favourite champs, great defender an INSANE boss killer
  • AprilMoon7AprilMoon7 Posts: 74
    re7zlk5sp2fc.png

Was really hoping on Killmonger but I'm not disappointed.