**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion

Comments

• Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    Not sure if this thread is still being looked at seriously but I'm still keen to see some proper compensation.

Ideally, this would be based on the completed activities in the weeks before the overheating problems i.e. if the overheating issues went on for 19 days, then whatever the summoner received over the 19 days before the overheating issues would be given to the summoner as compensation. Not perfect, of course, but at least the basis for the calculation would be reasonable.

I'm certain Kabam has the ability to dip into their records and pull this out and I hope to see this implemented.

• SKOutsiderSKOutsider Posts: 117 ★★
    @GroundedWisdom of course levels make a difference.

Your arguments about tiers not mattering is exactly the issue here.

Why didn’t Tyson fight in a women’s devision of boxing? Hell if tiers, sexes etc don’t matter....

Upper tier alliances spend a small fortune to stay at the top and any game outage becomes costly.

Nobody would bat an eyelid if we had to pay for our own lack of skill, yet when the game goes down we have to pay.

The compensation didn’t remotely come close to what both my alliance mates and I had to put in.

Pots cost more at the top, as do boosts...why? Well let’s think about it, the rewards are higher and therefore alliances can happily boot you for frequently ‘letting the team down’.

I’m not aiming to pick on you or belittle your level or skill but honestly you are completely oblivious to the pressures and costs involved in being in a top tier alliance.

Without that spending this game goes under.

It’s only fair that people can be angry about the ‘compensation’ when it didn’t actually cover the basic losses.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I'm sorry, but this whole idea that the Top matters more than the Lower is just egocentric.

No one is saying that the top matters more. Where are you getting that from?
    What we are saying is that the higher tiers missed out on far more than the lower tiers. And you cannot argue that simple fact.
    Edit: except for Jamie just now I guess lol
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but this whole idea that the Top matters more than the Lower is just egocentric.

No one is saying that the top matters more. Where are you getting that from?
    What we are saying is that the higher tiers missed out on far more than the lower tiers. And you cannot argue that simple fact.
    Edit: except for Jamie just now I guess lol
    As someone in Tier 4/5 I know for a fact that I deserve less compensation than those in tier 1/2, why? Because I’m not boosted up to the max for every fight for one, and those boosts aren’t cheap at all, losing one when the server goes down is quite the loss.

I agree with snizzbar, the top players don’t matter more than people at my tier, or those that are even lower that wish to comment on this, but they did lose out on much, much more.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    From what I understand, Tyson isn't fazed by that Division.
    Nevertheless, Tiers have nothing to do with it. One Player is not more important than the other. People invest entirely too much pride into where they're at. When you have something that has an equal effect, such as overheating devices and preventing people from playing, you can't separate that into Tiers. The ultimate effect of the issue is the same. Doesn't matter where they're at. You can't give more to one demographic and not the other. Everyone has their own areas they're working on. People were equally daunted by the issue. I'm sorry, but this whole idea that the Top matters more than the Lower is just egocentric.

You can justify bracketing if the goal is to compensate player for what they missed out on. Coincidentally, that happens to be the very thing Kabam said they were doing. If you need an example take holiday pay at any job... You are going to get paid based on your wage or salary, not based on someone with a wage lower than your own. Another example would be natural disasters. Work for me was closed down for a day after we were hit by a tornado. I got paid for the 8 hours I would have put in, but there were others that got paid far more than I did for doing nothing because they have been at the job much longer. It would frankly be far more insulting if the company decided to pay everyone the same amount for their missed hours. And yet this is what Kabam is doing

In reality it is far more unfair not to bracket compensation then it is to bracket it. The hard truth is that some people are more important because they have been around longer or have more invested in something. Now I'm not saying that person is me, but lets be honest, when was the last time you've worked somewhere in which everyone was equally important? This is not me trying to be rude, just stating the truth.

Edit: Just to be clear, I am using the work analogy of more important people getting paid more not to say that upper tier players in MCoC are more important than lower tier players. I am simply showing that it is standard workplace procedure to compensate workers who have been there longer more because they have a higher salary or wage. The same applies to MCoC. Higher tier player's "wage" consists of far more 5* shards and far more resources than a low tier player, thus they should be compensated accordingly.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Whether it's specifically for that or not, it still goes into Resources that are floating around in the game right now.
    No Compensation would make up for broken phones. That's a Catch-22. Shards can't fix a phone. Consequently, if people pushed their devices to play through the overheating, that's pretty much their own risk. A few might have not noticed until damage was done, but if you're aware that your phone is overheating because of a conflict and you continue to play before it's resolved, there's not much fault otherwise. At least that's my view.
    As for people not thinking it's enough, I don't debate others' views on it. They're entitled to them. My view is that the expectations are so high because of compounding issues, that nothing would be seen as good enough. It's a done deal before it's even given.

I will try again--if not for nearly the entire body of product liability law in the United States, you would be correct about a company's lack of fault for putting something that causes harm into the stream of commerce. Your broad view of "assumption of risk" was embraced decades ago, but it often isn't something that flies today, especially when the complexity of the products involved is often well beyond the basic understanding of the population. And I honestly don't believe you would embrace that same sweeping notion of assumption of risk if it were your property that had been harmed.

The notion that everything that has been done for the community over the past month "adds up" is technically correct; however, the stated purposes of the appreciation and the compensation and Gwenpool events and everything else wasn't to repay for the problems in 19.0. In fact, only the "gift" was ever explicitly mentioned as payback for 19.0 by a couple of representatives of the company, and even that wasn't labeled as a way to make amends for 19.0 when it was issued in game. Because of continued errors, many of us who wanted to reject the "gift" out of protest couldn't because our games were locked until we made a selection. Yes, it all "adds up," but it isn't all meant to make amends for 19.0. Based on what's been said, it is reasonable to conclude that none of it is actually meant as restitution for 19.0 since they've never really taken responsibility for it. And we should take them at their word.

My suggestion, to you and to everyone else, is to give it a rest--I have. It is over, and other than remembering how poorly the company performed in this instance and correspondingly rewarding them in-game (to wit, time and money) and via reviews, there's not a lot that can be done. It is fine to correct the record where it is being distorted here, but the need to respond ad infinitum to every comment bespeaks character flaw as much as anything else.

Dr. Zola

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I'm sure that if I had "played" the game for 3 years and was still not Uncollected yet I'd love the "compensation" as well. I guess it's too bad that I'm not terrible at this game.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Nearly 50 pages of comments and still nothing more from The Mods. I've pretty much given up on the issue now and accepted two things.

One, Kabam does not care that the player base is ready to boycott. I thank the whales for keeping the game afloat but if for just one week they didn't throw money at Kabam in protest, we may very well have been in a far better situation without the need for a boycott.

Two, the transparency that was promised post 12.0 has still yet to materialize. They couldn't explain the thought processes behind the insulting Summoner Appreciation and why Kabam has completely depreciated the majority of the player base. And with less than a handful of comments in 50 pages, their total disdain for the community has been as evident.

I'm just hanging around here until they either acknowledge our concerns, or shut this thread down. The former would be preferable.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    There's nothing from the mods because their part in this is over. They announced it, we don't like it, they don't care that we don't like it, and the next thousand posts are just Rule 17.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    For anyone not aware of how to block someone. You have to open the forums as the actual website version, not the mobile version. Simply click on the individual you would like to not interact with any longer and click Ignore. You will still see where they posted but won't see what they said.

The More You Know****
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    DL864 wrote: »
    From what I understand, Tyson isn't fazed by that Division.
    Nevertheless, Tiers have nothing to do with it. One Player is not more important than the other. People invest entirely too much pride into where they're at. When you have something that has an equal effect, such as overheating devices and preventing people from playing, you can't separate that into Tiers. The ultimate effect of the issue is the same. Doesn't matter where they're at. You can't give more to one demographic and not the other. Everyone has their own areas they're working on. People were equally daunted by the issue. I'm sorry, but this whole idea that the Top matters more than the Lower is just egocentric.

Tiers have everything to do with it that’s why 12.0 compensation was based on total pi and not just a flat package for everybody. There is a huge difference between tier 12 war and tier 5 war. So basically let’s say we were both effected by the overheating issues and we missed out on a couple of wars I definitely lost more then you did. I really don’t think you are looking at the big picture here.

That was an Adjustment Package, and it was geared towards people adjusting their Rosters to the changes. It was based on PI because they had to gauge some way of who had what needs for adjusting.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Menkent wrote: »
    There's nothing from the mods because their part in this is over. They announced it, we don't like it, they don't care that we don't like it, and the next thousand posts are just Rule 17.

Exactly... this is what it is... The voices have been raised, but at this point, the only thing that matters which will show if the packages were acceptable or not is the in game data of spending and time in game...

if those numbers drop off, then Kabam will know that the outrage is real and not just people complaining on the forums for more stuff.
This discussion has been closed.