**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

2 Months Progress of Hard Work (A New Player's Tale)

Comments

• Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Here's some questions:
    When starting out, were you aware of the brackets in Arenas?
    How much luck was involved in getting those 4/3 stars from premiums?
    How long did it take you to get 3 teams in the Featured 4* arena?
    How do you open your crystals? Save up and open, 1 at a time?
    What did you spend your units on?
    Did you have a strong alliance that you went into right away or did you jump around? this is for Summoner Advancement
    Did you also save your full energy refills for later to get through Act 3 100% as quickly as possible? In addition, did you complete Act 4 yet 100%?
    Event Quests or no?
    Lastly, Did you compete 2 day arena's for Alphas, T4, and Catalyst Clash?

• Options
    KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    I have some similar/follow-up questions.

How many teams did you use in basic, and how long did it take to get them?

How many teams did you use in featured, and how long did it take to get them.

It seems like you got 12 tfbc in 2 months. What did you do to get those

It also seems like you got a ton of alpha cats. What did you do to get those

How many energy refills do you think you used in order to plow through event heroic and master on top of story.

I am asking these questions to find out what I and everyone I know are doing wrong. It's taken then much longer to get the resources (tfbc, alpha, iso, and gold) to get 4 4/40 & a bunch of rank 3s
  • Options
    Sha59Sha59 Posts: 36
    Congratulations..

Enjoy the proper bracket when you get there
  • Options
    Billybob1971Billybob1971 Posts: 113
    I am doubting you are new if you are able to win THAT much consistently. You must have played before or at least had some game time to that good.

Either that or you are a total GOD at this game.

In which case, you are basically playing a different game to the vast majority of us. So enjoy it and stop looking for plaudits and rubbing average players noses in it, as very few of us could ever put the time and would ever be a tenth as good at playing to achieve this.

You are special, that's allow there is too it!
  • Options
    Josh2PlayJosh2Play Posts: 115
    @mum_m2 Yes i was aware of the arena brackets, that's why i put so much work grinding those
    I'd say a lot of luck, on my first week i already had a 4 star hawkeye, and then i pulled scarlet witch and then Vision from the PHCs, that gave me my first team to do Featured arena.

It took me quite a while, i did't have 3 teams until i was already in the intermediate bracket.

when you start your account you should never be saving crystals, luck is involved in this game so taking your chances with PHCs every time you get one can be de difference between getting a 4 star or not.

i mostly spend my units on energy refills, refreshing champions on arenas, and Masteries, just recently i bought featured crystals, but never bought PHCs those are useless.

i was jumping between alliances, in the 2 months total i had joined 4 different alliances.

no the way i did 100% act 3, i found out that i could do between 1 to 2 full paths with 1 energy refill so i just saved up on free energy and used the refills to do things like Proving Grounds.
    and no i have not explored act 4.

Yes, monthly event quest i completed were GotG Vol 0 as Beginner Normal And Heroic at 100% and Secret Empire Forever only heroic at 100% and 1 Master Mode Completion.

No, i would have boosted my ranking a little bit if i were to participate on those arenas, but that would've meant less units to complete other stuff that i was more concerned at the time (ROL).
  • Options
    RedmistRedmist Posts: 31
    I hated to poop on your parade but Come back in 4or 5 months it's easier to get really good pull in the beginning
  • Options
    @Kestrelle
    I had a team of 3 stars in no time, and the roster of 3 stars just kept growing really fast, so by the time mordo arrived to arenas i already had 5 full teams to grind for him.

i didn't had a team of 4 stars until Yondu arrived to the arenas so i went for him, dunno how much time that would've took me.

5 T4BC from act 4, 3 from Realm of Legends, 2 that i bought with Glory and 1 that got created from shards for completing master mode Secret empire forever.

I don't quite remember how many refills i used for those event quest, but for Heroic i never used refills, since i had a lot of time to explore it, i usually explore it on the last 7 days so i can focus all my energy on it.

The alpha cats are a good question, because i can't pin point exactly where i got them from, i know some of them were formed from fragments, but by the time i looked onto them i already had like 9 hoarded.

• Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    I love the amount of butthurt people replying to this thread.

Good job, OP. That's a lot of arena work, and it paid off well. Good thread for new players to encounter, as well. Kudos.
  • Options
    @Spicyslicer i already did the math for the 20k 5* crystal shards, it's not my fault if you cant read the post below Kestrelle question.

and also and i quote
    I just dont I'm paying same amount of time and I do most of the things he's said he does and I'm 6-8 months behind where he is already.....
    you just answered yourself with
    And who has that kind of time it gets so boring after an hour or six of arena.....
  • Options
    But if that's what you wanted op the. Kudos I just don't believe you. But if it's true hope your having fun.

Hope I don't sound mean or anything I really just don't believe anyone does this amount of farming in a game new to them with such success and such luck. Without help and spending in a game such as this. Because I've spent to fill in gaps and make my progress faster.... and I also find it highly unlikely the first 2-4 weeks to have any arena success especially because you don't have any champions to play it with.

When I start a new game, I get hooked pretty quickly if I start rolling epic/god tier items or characters. I play REAL hard to achieve more, if that happens. He's had good luck with pulls, you can look at his arena scores.

Wouldn't you be motivated to play a game you liked, more often, if you had a good streak of luck?

Logic, my friend. Logic.
  • Options
    @Spicyslicer You have read his OP and replies, correct? He's clearly stated he's attained mostly everything through the beginner arenas, and not specifically, from crystals obtained through said arenas.

Reading comprehension.
    At the very least, even just reading, and attempting to comprehend.
  • Options
    Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    So many jelly people here.

OP has done really good work.
  • Options
    WafflesalldayWafflesallday Posts: 189
    I didn't see anything about your alliance, how much did your alliance help with all this?
  • Options
    CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Josh2Play wrote: »
    @mum_m2 Yes i was aware of the arena brackets, that's why i put so much work grinding those
    I'd say a lot of luck, on my first week i already had a 4 star hawkeye, and then i pulled scarlet witch and then Vision from the PHCs, that gave me my first team to do Featured arena.

It took me quite a while, i did't have 3 teams until i was already in the intermediate bracket.

when you start your account you should never be saving crystals, luck is involved in this game so taking your chances with PHCs every time you get one can be de difference between getting a 4 star or not.

i mostly spend my units on energy refills, refreshing champions on arenas, and Masteries, just recently i bought featured crystals, but never bought PHCs those are useless.

i was jumping between alliances, in the 2 months total i had joined 4 different alliances.

no the way i did 100% act 3, i found out that i could do between 1 to 2 full paths with 1 energy refill so i just saved up on free energy and used the refills to do things like Proving Grounds.
    and no i have not explored act 4.

Yes, monthly event quest i completed were GotG Vol 0 as Beginner Normal And Heroic at 100% and Secret Empire Forever only heroic at 100% and 1 Master Mode Completion.

No, i would have boosted my ranking a little bit if i were to participate on those arenas, but that would've meant less units to complete other stuff that i was more concerned at the time (ROL).
    Josh2Play wrote: »
    @Kestrelle
    I had a team of 3 stars in no time, and the roster of 3 stars just kept growing really fast, so by the time mordo arrived to arenas i already had 5 full teams to grind for him.

i didn't had a team of 4 stars until Yondu arrived to the arenas so i went for him, dunno how much time that would've took me.

5 T4BC from act 4, 3 from Realm of Legends, 2 that i bought with Glory and 1 that got created from shards for completing master mode Secret empire forever.

I don't quite remember how many refills i used for those event quest, but for Heroic i never used refills, since i had a lot of time to explore it, i usually explore it on the last 7 days so i can focus all my energy on it.

The alpha cats are a good question, because i can't pin point exactly where i got them from, i know some of them were formed from fragments, but by the time i looked onto them i already had like 9 hoarded.
    I'm gonna call bull again. Having reread your thread with what you said you did and how you did i it as a 2 month player as well there is no way In he'll you learned this or just happened to get that luck. This thread is bull and I think your making it up.

I've been trying hard at this game spent money and have done pretty well but there is no way you did this well without spending , help, or cheating... period. Also this is not my first game like this or o, or any game dealing a rng,...

9'alphas gtfo that's the best part you don't even know how you got them but you had 9 lol. I grinding daily for them... so yep I am calling it like I see it.....

Bull.

Your forgot all the t4 basic cats, which are pretty hard to get, especially at the start of the game. I'm not gonna call bull on this, but I'm not gonna say I 100% believe it.
  • Options
    ALIENALIEN Posts: 34
    Good job! Please also balance out with real life ok! :wink:
  • Options
    GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Congratulations!...Brian Grant v2 :D
  • Options
    KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to pass this along to friends who start up the game! Congrats on a job terrifically done!
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Someone who has such detailed notes on how this was achieved might also keep data on how many hours was spent playing in this period.

Do you know how many hours you played?

Great work BTW
  • Options
    KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    i believe this guy!, WHY? I did the same I grinded arena its my 9th month playing Im rating 282k 65 4*s 7 5*s (1 dupe). its possible I spent money tho so idk about the f2p thing but none of the less. cheers good job
  • Options
    @Spicyslicer i never said on any post that i didn't get any help, i did point out that i'm indeed a new player, however when i started to play (we are talking about day 1 by the way) i started to search for guides and stuff for the game, that is when i came across seatin's channel, he had many tutorials and his number one advise was TO GRIND THE ARENAS as much as possible, i started doing it, watched a lot of masterie's video guides so i knew which ones to focus.

After one week i came across one post on reddit about a guy who had done a lot of arenas in 2 months and that inspired me to get every single champion that i could get from arena, no matter if they were good or bad, so most of my knowledge came from watching big youtubers like Seatin, Brian Grant, and Dave.

That was a huge help, if i didn't search guides to optimize my progression this post would probably not exist at all.

@CrusherOfDreams i already explained where i got the T4B and seriously i don't think it's something hard to figure out at all, do the math i got 3 from doing alliance quests and buying them with Glory store, plus 1 that got formed from completing secret empire forever 100% heroic, there we have 4, then 3 more from completing ROL, 7 and 5 from completing Act 4 we have 12 T4B. that makes enough T4B to rank to 4/40 4 champions.
  • Options
    @phillgreen i was grinding arena every 2 hours, and i was able to do 6 rotations per day consistently, so i spent like 30 tops during the last weeks of my grind doing arenas every 2 hours, so that's like 3 hours grinding in the day? and during the night i would usually do most of my stuff before going to sleep (Farming proving grounds, spending energy on events and main story quests) however some days i had to skip sleep to get enough points if i was ever behind on points, so if we forget about like waiting time between energy and arena refills, i may have played 8 hours on average per day.

@ALIEN i did, i was hanging out with my friends, going to visit my girlfriend, attending Filmmaking school and even editing a sequence from a featured film at the time, also my gilrfriend moved out at some point and i helped her (hence why i don't have hyperion duped) so i think i did a pretty good job at balancing the game and life together.

@Gunzo LOL I WHISH.

@Kestrelle Yeah! that is my main goal, to spread awareness of objetive and progression to new players who might not know what they're doing early into the game!

@KyrieRed that is crazy good progression my friend! however i'm a student and most of my money goes to traveling, eating, and hanging out with my friends or my girlfriend, so i don't spend money on free2play games often ( I used to do on league of legends skins) But buying crystals or credits here seems to be just worthless as those are things that you can get during a normal free2play run, also when i started playing kabam had a lot of bugs going on and saw a lot of posts about not giving money to them, and also at the same time i found Brian's channel so that just solidified my decision to be a Free2Play player.

@Wafflesallday that is a good point, i was in 5 alliances during those 2 months, first was a public alliance that had no organization at all, so i left, then i found a post by Geddre on this same forum, and i joined Today Heroes Tomorrow Legends, they were a super good alliance and helped me a lot, they were super organized and stuff, when i joined them i was like 25k rated, and by the time i left i was at 60k rating.
    then i joined Odin's Misfits, another super good alliance, that was my first time getting Summoner advancement every week, those guys were super chill, and cool, but i wanted something more competitive where i could push my self and i ended up joining my current alliance during the start of the New Spidey Arena.
  • Options
    Injuries_IrkedInjuries_Irked Posts: 41
    Don't mind the hate... nice work man!! Keep it up!!
  • Options
    @Injuries_Irked i really don't mind, i come from a more toxic community so it's meh to me really, at the end of the day the purpose of the post was to make new players aware of what they can achieve in their first 2 months of playing, as on reddit i constantly see people brag posting about their accounts and new players saying that that is not possible or that they can't make such progress.

@Spicyslicer also you made me curious as to where i got those Alphas from, and i just realized this.
    1ctkq2xetldw.png
    Didn't realize they were a milestone for 3 day events until now, since my last alliances got the last milestone i think that is where they came from, i do know that i got 2 for completing Normal and Heroic at 100% in the event quests and 1 from ROL and 2 from act 4.