**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anyone worth using a 4* Gen gem on?

HotFondue1520HotFondue1520 Posts: 157
edited August 2018 in Strategy and Tips
I realize 4's are becoming obsolete but i have it so....

MS, Ultron, SL, Wolvie, Saber, GR, Wasp, Modok, Symbiote spidey, GP, CapIW, Phenoix, Falcon, Loki, Sentry, Luke, IP, Abomination, Storm

Comments

• Captain_2goodCaptain_2good Posts: 145
    Starlord
  • Jjjmb5Jjjmb5 Posts: 119
    Sl or cap iw
  • Jjjmb5Jjjmb5 Posts: 119
    That leadership does some good stuff
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    If I were you I'd go with wolvie. Makes his regen amazing. And you can't obtain him as a 5*. The others you can.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    If I were you I'd go with wolvie. Makes his regen amazing. And you can't obtain him as a 5*. The others you can.

Agree. You also can't get 5* abmon
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 253 ★★
    Wolvie or cap IW. Wolvie has already been covered but the utility and reliability that cap has is overlooked way too often
  • TRSIMPTRSIMP Posts: 173
    Starlord
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Where are you in the game, exactly?

I'm a pretty huge backer of Cap IW, as some people know. Great character and absolutely worth a gem.

But if you're in intermediate content and just want to smash your way through as quickly as possible, stuff like Act 4 completion, then Star-Lord is pretty useful for that, but he's gotta be awakened and he needs signature stones
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Starlord....
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Starlord is one of the top most worthy of a generic. Possibly the#1 most worthy
  • HotFondue1520HotFondue1520 Posts: 157
    Jjjmb5 wrote: »
    That leadership does some good stuff

How good is it really?
    ESF wrote: »

I'm a pretty huge backer of Cap IW, as some people know. Great character and absolutely worth a gem.

But if you're in intermediate content and just want to smash your way through as quickly as possible, stuff like Act 4 completion, then Star-Lord is pretty useful for that, but he's gotta be awakened and he needs signature stones

Just explored act 4 due to the reduction in energy and kinda want to start with the end game stuff soon... im at the last part of RTTL ( just completed the safegaurd nodes)
    So im a big big biiig fan of cap iw, way more than SL but that being said, i still havent ranked SL past 3 so what would i know about him lol... i thought SL kinda dropped down a tier in the last update no?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Wolverine is not available as a 5*. I'd use a generic on him if I ever pulled him. SL is worth it also if you don't have the 5* version.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Forget about tiers already, it’s more about how you experience the champs and how you handle them.
    Sparky is revered throughout (and for good reason, no arguments there), but for me SL is better for the simple reason I can more easily hold a combo count than I can build poise charges and go that route. I screw the pooch too often getting clipped to make Sparky my go-to.

From the quite extensive list you provided, and the idea that you seem to think 4* are irrelevant past act 4 (which they’re not. I made uncollected on my small account on 4* champs), I would go with those 4* not available as 5* or 6* champs.

It all comes to persona choices. As for SL, unduped he is meh, sure. Dupe him though, build up a combo and then see damage fly. But if you’re a tier list follower, that stone would better fit Wolverine (since he doesn’t come in flavours over 4*).
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    ESF wrote: »

Just explored act 4 due to the reduction in energy and kinda want to start with the end game stuff soon... im at the last part of RTTL ( just completed the safegaurd nodes)

Nice work!

Then if it's me and knowing what Act 5 is like, I would awaken the Cap IW. There are gonna be lanes and nodes where, if you do, you will thank me later
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    CAP IW.
    i use his 5/50 4* in Uncollected EQ and he demolishes stuff.
    him as a 4* is super powerful.
    edited August 2018
    Thanks @Bapoi thats some good stuff. I have Sparkey as a 5* so I know what you mean building up Poise convert to taunts only to get clipped.

Thanks @ESF .. a few weeks ago i was undecided weather on not to just continue into ACT 5, Explore Act 4 or focus on certain event quests etc. Summoner advancement week was to enticing so... so my heart and head is telling me to go with Cap but my gut is telling me to go with Wolvie because he's not available as a 5, such a hard choice!! Haha...

One other thing.. i have a buunch of 4 and 5 mutants already (4* mutants are duped not 5's)
    5's-rouge gambit /4's-ice,AA,(duped) and storm, cyclops, saber (not duped)

So because i have so mamy mutants, id rather use the gen gem somewhere other than a mutant
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    SL or Cap IW.

SL NEEDS a dupe to be good and then he becomes a complete all star! As long as you're good at keeping your combo up.

Dupe definitely helps Cap IW, but not sure to what scale. I had a science gem and used it on him as soo as I got him so idk how he is unduped.

Heres his sig ability.....
    la4ysnxackve.png

• ChubzChubz Posts: 115
    Capt'n LEADERSHIP help the entire team if you have matching synergies
    @Icecold2099 woooooooooaaaahhhhhh.... so basically his sig ability makes him useful for the later stages of the game (i think/hope lol)...

Im leaning towards CAP IW rn... i use him on all my quests and event quest teams... he just deals so much damage on his sp. 2 and 3.. i can take down a map 3 Dorm pretty easily (and thats unduped and at rank 4).. so i can only imagine how high his damage output gets @ a rank 5 awakened...

Another thing is that i have a ton of science 4* sig stones, and ive already used all my mutant stones on AA and ICE so... i think im gonna go ahead and use it on CAP
  • Mustard_TigerMustard_Tiger Posts: 21
    I still use Wolvie for AQ (debuff Immune lanes) so he's worth it. especially when those sig stones get up there the signature heal helps a lot.