**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Version 20.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    With Emma Frost being able to mentally affect opponents, would it be possible to expand Magneto(s) abilities to interact with Telekinetics or Telepaths and resist them (sort of like how Magnetism works, but with Marvel NOW! Magneto it would be as constant as Classic Magneto)?
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    The reason I am laughing is because I don't play AW. If it works how I I think it's gonna work, some people are gonna be straight salty
    Werewrym wrote: »
    ESF wrote: »
    Raganator wrote: »
    Wait...Emma can cause inverted controls?

Don't panic just yet! This is not like the Thanos inversion. It only lasts the duration (plus 0.1 second afterwards) of the Special Attack itself and is much more manageable! This is something we payed very close attention to during play testing.

Is it unavoidable? Say she launches an attack... Am I going to get inverted controls even if I am not hit by the attack?

You know what it sounds like?

Like if you try to evade it, you might swipe right into it, because she inverts you -- and that would be aweosome

Awesome: extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration, apprehension, or fear.

They certainly captured the fear part...

Don't panic just yet! This is not like the Thanos inversion. It only lasts the duration (plus 0.1 second afterwards) of the Special Attack itself and is much more manageable! This is something we payed very close attention to during play testing.

Is it unavoidable? Say she launches an attack... Am I going to get inverted controls even if I am not hit by the attack?

Yes. The Inversion activates when the Special Attack is activated. It is regardless of whether or not it hits you. It's a part of her Signature Ability and the fact that it does not need to hit you can actually work in your favor, since it won't be a surprise, and getting hit by it won't suddenly change the controls. Is she Awakened? Yes? Then you need to be ready for inverted controls.

OH THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME

I thought that's where this was going -- when it triggers, you're inverted, so it sounds like you might wanna stand still and take that block damage instead of trying to dexterity out...and I actually kinda like that concept. Speed of Thought and all that

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,981 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Please no... Why in the heck is an inverted controls mechanic being added to a character besides Thanos? This had better be a thing that only happens if you are hit by a special, because I don't think I can stand AW if this something we have to deal with in the future...

That didn't take long for someone to complain about. I love the idea. Will it suck? Probably but it brings some freshness and more strategy to thw game.

Lol the fact that someone thinks inverted controls is "fresh" is amusing... Now let me clarify... I am not complaing, AS LONG as this mechanic is avoidable. If it is something that happens regardless of whether you are hit by the special, well that's another story.

Inverted controls isn't a method that Kabam is using to "freshen" the game... IF it is a mechanic that is unavoidable than it can be nothing other than a money grab.

The Thanos boss fight was one of the best fights theyve had yet. Give things a chance before dismissing them.

Yes. The Inversion activates when the Special Attack is activated. It is regardless of whether or not it hits you. It's a part of her Signature Ability and the fact that it does not need to hit you can actually work in your favor, since it won't be a surprise, and getting hit by it won't suddenly change the controls. Is she Awakened? Yes? Then you need to be ready for inverted controls.

If she were able to fire two Specials rapidly, would the Inversion reset to normal on the Second Special or stay inverted?
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    I think the inverted controls thing is going to be an incredibly annoying mechanic to interact with, but I do have to give props to Kabam for figuring out a reasonably decent way to put telepaths in the game. I had been thinking about how they would do someone like Purple Man or Professor X or someone else who can just force people to do things, and this seems like a good way to do it, even if it will be annoying to deal with.

I'm frankly more worried about the Omega Red thing that causes damage just by being near him. I'll wait for more details on how this is triggered and/or how to avoid it (it's not like we can just not ever be near him, you have to get close to punch him at some point), but it sounds like it's going to be pretty annoying.
    Is the class Catalyst Trade-In Crystal staying?
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    FineDog wrote: »
    I think the inverted controls thing is going to be an incredibly annoying mechanic to interact with, but I do have to give props to Kabam for figuring out a reasonably decent way to put telepaths in the game. I had been thinking about how they would do someone like Purple Man or Professor X or someone else who can just force people to do things, and this seems like a good way to do it, even if it will be annoying to deal with.

I'm frankly more worried about the Omega Red thing that causes damage just by being near him. I'll wait for more details on how this is triggered and/or how to avoid it (it's not like we can just not ever be near him, you have to get close to punch him at some point), but it sounds like it's going to be pretty annoying.

That is gonna be...interesting. It looked from the video, just my gut feeling, that there's a delay mechanism...maybe 0.5 second?

The real problem: If you let yourself get backed into the corner. Might get melted quick, fast and in a hurry

Now more than ever, people might wanna get their intercept game on point
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    emma frost and omega red hype ...holy cow
  • Psy26Psy26 Posts: 159
    I hope this inverted controls invert only rush and dash back, otherwise it'll be fun
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    I am so hyped for Omega Red! He was my favorite character in the old Marvel Vs Capcom games. And I love using both Rogue and Mephisto, and he looks like a combination of both, so perfect!
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    The way Omega Red’s aura thing is, I’m gonna assume that Hulk Rags is the natural counter yeah since it looks very much passive.
  • SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    Why does Emma cause inverted controls? This mechanic sucks imo. :|

Finally a challenge! But that was exact reaction
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    @Kabam Miike THANKS for fixing domino man!

I R5d her as a AW defender and that super slow animation medium made her USELESS.. ppl could slowly evade medium and attack her using 0 skill.. appreciate it

Also to the “Domino block break” whiners.. she does not break any blocks. She breaks potential parries sometimes because that is her ability. Critical failure. If you go duel domino right now and hold block, she will never break it.

Learn how to play the game before getting on forums and whining.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    AW just gets worse and worse every month. I'm guessing you won't be adding Emma to the EQ, like Wasp and Korg, so we can't practice on her.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    the hype is real this time

anyone remember the 90s x-men series? omega red was defeated by the mighty COLOSSUS
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    STShorty wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike shouldn’t juggernaut and magneto both be immune to any psychic ability triggered by Emma Frost as both wear helmets to prevent that?

We call it out in the Spotlight that you'll see closer to her release date, but yes they are! As well as Magneto (Marvel Now!) and Unstoppable Colossus.

OK, that’s pretty cool, don’t probably plan to use them for the UC difficulty, but that would make getting a juggernoooo, less awful
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    Please buff Magneto... even if he counters new champs, he cannot kill anything in 3 minutes

I agree, I can’t believe his Sp1 was nerfed a couple years ago.. he is garbage and needs a boost. Noones going to R4 him because he’s a 1-2 champ counter.
  • LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 234 ★★
    Can you go ahead and add the emma frost and omega red avatars to forum please!? @Kabam Miike
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    If people should worry about aw defense it must be korg. I can't understand why this mediacore character going to be very hard to beat!
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Please no... Why in the heck is an inverted controls mechanic being added to a character besides Thanos? This had better be a thing that only happens if you are hit by a special, because I don't think I can stand AW if this something we have to deal with in the future...
    Isman1998 wrote: »
    Why does Emma cause inverted controls? This mechanic sucks imo. :|

actually she can.. She can control someone mind. Her telepathy just like professor x. She is an omega level telepath.