**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Upcoming Changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity - Discussion Thread

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom I'm relatively new to the posting mechanics of this (or any) forum. Are the number of flags you are getting related to your followers? If so, you sir are definitely winnnnnning.

No. Those are because people don't like what I'm saying. Which is an abuse of tne function. No skin off my back.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Sirnoob2 wrote: »
    I think it would be best for people to wait and see how the relationship reacts when it goes live before they form their opinions.

they had the same thought process during 12.0 even had mike giving assurance that strange would still be good afterwords and well we saw how the wait and see approach ended up

Not at all the same scale. Those changes were major. The very system itself changed. MD was an overpowered Mastery for years, and people gained a great deal of Rewards from it. However, since the game has changed a great deal, it's become more of a problem than previously. For that matter, we can't rely on the same tactics forever. They're refunding Resources spent on the Mastery, which is the very thing being changed, and allowing people the chance to try it out. Having seen the proposed changes, I'm suggesting people wait and see for themselves. This is not the same situation as 12.0, and any comparison is dramatized, in my opinion.

The first bolded comment tells half of the story. People not only gained rewards from it but also lost a lot from it. Even those who used MD5 defenders in their defense team still had to fight the opposing team and suffer from the power of MD.

The second bolded part is false. The opposite is true. MD has actually become less of a problem than previously with the introduction of Blade, GHulk, Void, the reworking of Red Hulk and Luke Cage, diversity, and new non-mystic OP defenders.

• Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    edited September 2018
    well here are facts this is what kabam mike says there are for

now notice he did not mention nerfs which u seem to have added so at this point ur making stuff up by all means if u have any statement from them when they say there for nerfs and nerfs only pls show me

now notice he did not mention nerfs which u seem to have added so at this point ur making stuff up by all means if u have any statement from them when they say there for nerfs and nerfs only pls show me

That's not a Blanket Statement for any changes that make Champs perform differently. That wouldn't be sensical at all.
    Here is a more detailed reasoning.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/419678#Comment_419678
    edited September 2018
    still no mention of them being only for nerfs
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 175

arsjum wrote: »
    I think it would be best for people to wait and see how the relationship reacts when it goes live before they form their opinions.

they had the same thought process during 12.0 even had mike giving assurance that strange would still be good afterwords and well we saw how the wait and see approach ended up

Not at all the same scale. Those changes were major. The very system itself changed. MD was an overpowered Mastery for years, and people gained a great deal of Rewards from it. However, since the game has changed a great deal, it's become more of a problem than previously. For that matter, we can't rely on the same tactics forever. They're refunding Resources spent on the Mastery, which is the very thing being changed, and allowing people the chance to try it out. Having seen the proposed changes, I'm suggesting people wait and see for themselves. This is not the same situation as 12.0, and any comparison is dramatized, in my opinion.

The first bolded comment tells half of the story. People not only gained rewards from it but also lost a lot from it. Even those who used MD5 defenders in their defense team still had to fight the opposing team and suffer from the power of MD.

The second bolded part is false. The opposite is true. MD has actually become less of a problem than previously with the introduction of Blade, GHulk, Void, the reworking of Red Hulk and Luke Cage, diversity, and new non-mystic OP defenders.

Agree
    edited September 2018

What do you call changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way?

Agree

Apparently not because it's being changed.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    Most of us knows Kabam controls the value of every thing in the game, they try to squeeze every last penny they can out of the players. By decreasing the value of mystic defenders, it makes the newer champs worth more, people will spend more to get them. The last few wars my alliance were apart of, who ever had the most modoc's, IMIW's and Dominos won that war. Most of us had already learned to play around MD, every new champ I have seen come to the contest has been great defensive champs, their value is way higher now. Players like crystal opening whale, will be valued over skill even though he has skill, I mean the way he opens newer champs. I don't care about RDT's or my units back, I just hate when I buy something and later they decide to change it. If I bought a 600 horse power car and later on someone decided it was better at 450, I would be upset.
    edited September 2018

What do you cl changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way?

changing a fundamental champion mechanics in a way that's pretty significant? that is a extremely broad statement they completly reworked luke cage and changed in a massive way to how he used to be

aka significant change
    You can twist anything you want when you're not looking at what's being said.
    edited September 2018
    again this is what was saidchanging an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.

notice no mention of them being for nerfs only

now all of a sudden u say there only for nerfs that's making stuff up and twisting the statement to work for u
    Does that fancy search

Agree

Apparently not because it's being changed.

That doesn't change the fact that I agree with him
    @GroundedWisdom I'm relatively new to the posting mechanics of this (or any) forum. Are the number of flags you are getting related to your followers? If so, you sir are definitely winnnnnning.

No. Those are because people don't like what I'm saying. Which is an abuse of tne function. No skin off my back.

So...the "LOL" you get, they also don't mean it was funny either...I've seen no attempt at humor, but you rack up the LOL...
    again this is what was saidchanging an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.

notice no mention of them being for nerfs only

now all of a sudden u say there only for nerfs that's making stuff up and twisting the statement to work for u

Not at all. People know what they're intended for. They still try any and all angles to get them. Let's not sit here and play word games pretending we're misinterpreting.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018

Mystic rank down tickets - possibly champion specific ones - are debatable. Both sides of that argument have strong points. I've seen less credible arguments against reversing awakening gems and signature stone usage on mystic champions for AW defense purposes. Nearly 1% odds to dupe a 5* champion from the basic crystal and 2 in-game opportunities to guarantee awakening a 5* champion of your choice by exploring Act 5 and Labyrinth of Legends.

The previous 5* featured crystals gave players increased odds (20-25%) to dupe all 5* champions. Now we have 4.16% odds to dupe a select number of 5* champions with the current 5* featured crystal. For how much MCOC and its meta have evolved since then the last game content released that offered a 5* generic gem was last December. 6* champions have been out 7-8 months and players get guaranteed opportunities to awaken 5* champions of their choice once a year or less. Is it hard to understand why we're asking for rare in-game resources to be refunded when MCOC mechanics are nerfed?

Mystic rank down tickets - possibly champion specific ones - are debatable. Both sides of that argument have strong points. I've seen less credible arguments against reversing awakening gems and signature stone usage on mystic champions for AW defense purposes. Nearly 1% odds to dupe a 5* champion from the basic crystal and 2 in-game opportunities to guarantee awakening a 5* champion of your choice by exploring Act 5 and Labyrinth of Legends.

The previous 5* featured crystals gave players increased odds (20-25%) to dupe all 5* champions. Now we have 4.16% odds to dupe a select number of 5* champions with the current 5* featured crystal. For how much MCOC and its meta have evolved since then the last game content released that offered a 5* generic gem was last December. 6* champions have been out 7-8 months and players get guaranteed opportunities to awaken 5* champions of their choice once a year or less. Is it hard to understand why we're asking for rare in-game resources to be refunded when MCOC mechanics are nerfed?

oh don't get me wrong I agree mystic specific rank down tickets shouldve been given and honestly feel bad for those that ended up having there rosters screwed by this change it sucks
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    oh don't get me wrong I agree mystic specific rank down tickets shouldve been given and honestly feel bad for those that ended up having there rosters screwed by this change it sucks

@Sirnoob I didn't intend that statement to be specifically addressed to you lol. My comment's closing sentence was a general statement.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom

Puh-LEAZ! This isn’t some simple exploit they’re patching like GP’s Enervate Heavy chain or something

This is a huge sweeping change that effects 1/6 of the game. MD is a huge mastery with a high cost and benefits that took the class as a whole to an entirely different level. Defenders and attackers both received massive boons that are going to wane and frankly we have no idea how it’ll impact not just mystic class as a whole but the effects these changes will have rippling out.

Immediately however I see Rulk and the trinity being less a necessity in AW, while Sparky shoots up on offense. Cosmic class as a whole will be better on offense free to refresh as they please (Angela specifically comes to mind), as well as a large bulk of tech and science champs being more viable than before.

Of course I doubt the ripples will extend beyond 1 or 2 counter picks but subsequently pseudo nerfing the advantage of science attackers while pseudo budding cosmic attackers will still have wide spread ripples even if overall they’re not causing tsunamis they will still change the shape of the tide here and there.

What’s the new plan for all the new cosmic champs unafraid to bring buffs? Do you have any ideas on how to stop a rampaging Sparky? What are you going to do with those duped r3 Juggernaut and UC (wow that’s a lot of loyalty)?!
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    Instead of just removing the dexterity buff from fueling MD they have come up with a weird and ridiculous change that will no doubt bite everyone on the ar double 5 down the track.

GW, you have no dog in this fight. Give it a rest bro.
  • Noname54Noname54 Posts: 58
    We all should get 1 mystic randkwon ticket, we ranked champs for their advantage with MD, will not work same, so we should get 1 ticket for mystic class pls !
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    Noname54 wrote: »
    We all should get 1 mystic randkwon ticket, we ranked champs for their advantage with MD, will not work same, so we should get 1 ticket for mystic class pls !

Im didt rank my mysigt champ for how brokken md wher but for offsen and only unluck it to 4. To hav a faily chois to use it to my advagte
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    Imnewby wrote: »
    Hey Miike,

Long time listener, first time caller...

The post sounded like we are getting a refund regardless, if we like it or not during the test phase, and then decide to buy it back or not... is that correct?

Yes. It is not possible for us to only refund Summoners on a case by case basis, so we're going all out and refunding everybody that's purchased Mystic Mastery Cores. All Summoners that have MD will have to buy the cores again and reapply their Mastery Points if they would like to repurchase it.

So your taking MD off us and giving us the loyalty and units back to purchase again if we wish but will the mystic core be in the loyalty store straight away or will we need to wait until Friday if we wish to get MD back via loyalty. Also what about cores won in quests, it's not many but we should still get units back for them
  • @BUNGALNGAL till now you could use gr specials to triger auto block and u get power from md and now u wont thats a lot of disadvemtage
  • GW316GW316 Posts: 6
    The Changes made to MD mastery will fundamentally change the way Mystic champs are played both with and against. I agreed with a lot of posts from other people, yes the MD mastery is a choice, however some mystic champs will not be as effective as they once were, I personally would like to have a mystic RDT so I can rank down my 5* R4 Magik and rank up my 5* R3 Dr Voodoo. Please stay true to your word, I am one of many others that specifically ranked up mystic champs because of the way MD enhanced their abilities! This was your choice to make this change to something that was nullified by the release of Blade anyways!
  • Noname54Noname54 Posts: 58
    edited September 2018
    so after all our demand, can you finally accept to give us a rank down ticket mystic ???? pls
    we are asking just 1 for mystic class pls pls pls
  • DaaryusDaaryus Posts: 8
    Are you trying to solve the bug? Seriously this argument? After several wars of the alliance played with active mystical dispersion and that was often decisive for the outcome, do you still talk about bug? Kabam you're being incoherent. The tickets are needed, especially for those who have raised the fanatic to the defense, because of the dexterity to activate the power gain of the mystical dispersion, it made him a boring champion to overthrow. Now it will be useless.
    So this change does affect the mechanics of the game, since many players spend rare resources in the game, such as alpha 2.

You are once again stating correct bug in a very significant change.
  • AshersbashersAshersbashers Posts: 26
    edited September 2018
    I made the mistake of resetting my Mastery Points yesterday, and when I got to my Mystic Dispersion, I couldn't enter it anymore, and now instead of Level 4 MD, I have none at all! 5 replies from KABAM have not solved it. I'm told that MD is disabled to all players, but mine is completely removed and shows zero. Is this the same for everyone. I thought for other people it was just not active, but not completely erased. I'm interested to hear of others having a similar experience?
This discussion has been closed.