Options

Venom rework for upcoming Venom movie

Comments

• Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Marvel2289 wrote: »
    Riggs_97 wrote: »
    I think the immune to evade is genius. If Venom can bypass Spidy-Sense, which is pretty much the best Evade type there is, then no Evade champ should be able to avoid him. It'd go a long way into turning Venom into the champ that he deserves to be.

Carnage also be immune to evade
    I think that is logical since Carnage is the spawn of Venom. He has everything of Venom but better.
  • Options
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Venoms genetic memory should make him into a new sw type character. Whenever he inflictes bleed the smell of blood triggers his bloodlust an venom is able trigger an offensive buff (max 5). Once at 5 offensive buffs venom can hold back for 2 second to reach into his genetic memory an reroll the 5 debuffs, only twice per fight this can happen

If venom gets a debuff he is able to shrug off that debuff 75% faster whilst triggering a defensive buff from his genetic memory (max 5).

Another way to go with like be to give him persistent charges allowing him to start the fight with buffs from the previous fight
    With the genetic memory producing six buffs, and the better replicate ability, Venom has more than enough buffs. I really see no point in making him into a cosmic SW. I think the current Bloodlust sig is very good as it is, it just needs to connect with his critical hits.

As I explained to @Mr_Otter, making his buffs persist with every fight would be potentially game-breaking. The good buffs he has are really good, I think he should not be able to do that. I think the whole "persistence" might confuse people with Sabretooth, what about Devour? Like: Venom can devour his permanent buffs and convert them to charges that give a 1% buff potency increase for every charge.
  • Options
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    Someone posted upcoming events happening this yr and next yr so far they been correct.

Reason to release another venom is money obviously lol
    Customer satisfaction also gives money. People do quit the game because they pull a garbage 5* like Venom. Players are asking to rework older champions, I guess they would pay to get one in arena's or in featured crystals if it is a success. Look at how people are happy with Red Hulk and Luke Cage rework!
  • Options
    @IanMoone89: Kabam Vydious confirms a rework of Carnage in the future here.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Why rework an existing champ that most people already have when they can release a new one and have people grind arena for it and purchase crystals for it.
  • Options
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    Why rework an existing champ that most people already have when they can release a new one and have people grind arena for it and purchase crystals for it.
    Because that is what players ask. Players are sick and tired of pulling **** champions. If Kabam figures out most quits are due to disappointing crystal pulls, they will start to rework. Events like the Venom movie offers opportunities of revisiting old champions and capitalising on them. Yes, people will grind arena's and buy featured crystals to get those old champions once they get a major rework like the one I suggested.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Because that is what players ask. Players are sick and tired of pulling **** champions. If Kabam figures out most quits are due to disappointing crystal pulls, they will start to rework. Events like the Venom movie offers opportunities of revisiting old champions and capitalising on them. Yes, people will grind arena's and buy featured crystals to get those old champions once they get a major rework like the one I suggested.

You're missing the point. Most of us already have him.
  • Options

You're missing the point. Most of us already have him.
    Most people have Venom sitting at level 1, not bothering to level him up or to dupe him. For them, it becomes interesting to try getting him twice. Content should not be made with in mind the top players who have maxed out all champions.
  • Options
    Every 10 seconds, Venom calls from his memory one of five permanent buffs, for a total maximum of five buffs (six with Carnage synergy). While Venom has a lot of potential, the sheer randomness of his beneficial effects are what makes him a below-average champion. The player should have more control of what kind of buffs he should get. I suggest Venom can either recollect offensive or defensive buffs. At the beginning of the fight, Venom starts with defensive buffs. Dashing back and holding for two seconds like Winter Soldier allows him to switch to offence. Special attacks also triggers a switch. This makes room for tactical planning.

Currently, there are two defensive and three offensive buffs. I suggest adding a third defensive buff, Symbiotic Agility, which gives Venom boosted critical hit resistance. This is a fairly new addition the game (only the new IW Iron Man has it) and it would be nice if Venom had it to. Also, the defensive buffs should get a major boost, making them on par with similar defensive buffs of other champions.

With champions like Hyperion capable of stacking up three Fury buffs with ease, the current cap of five permanent buffs is not sufficient for Venom to keep up. I suggest to increase it to six buffs (seven due to Carnage synergy) and lower the rotation time to 8 seconds. This allows Venom to be fully boosted at 48 seconds (today it is 50 seconds). However, due to the capability of switching between offence and defence, I suggest capping the amount of buffs of one category to five. You start the fight with defence, so your first buff will always be defensive but if you switch to offence and get five more, it will automatically switch back to defence and replace one of the buffs randomly. Reversely, if you keep defence and hit five defensive buffs, it will automatically switch to offence and when the new cycle starts back to defence. This way, every cycle begins with defence so you will not be 100% offensive or defensive.
    I guess a 1/3rd chance to get a good buff is a bit unbalanced. Maybe 1/4 is better? Then Venom would need an extra offensive/defensive buff. What about Energy Resistance and Armour Pierce (like slightly better than Thor)?
  • Options
    I like the mechanic of dashing back and holding block to switch fight style. He’d be great if they allowed him a persistent charge allowing him to keep replicated buffs throughout fights with a max of 5 possible stacks of replicated buffs. However he loses all the buffs if he is knocked out. He is also in need of a spidey counter, allowing him to bypass evasion when he activates a special attack, gaining true strike. I heard two cosmic ware being buffed..My guess is carnage definitely along with venom due to his movie coming out. But yeah, he’d benefit quite a bit with a small regen when hitting below 20% health. Also, his sig ability should be increased somewhat further. I’m hoping he is buffed along something like this. He needs to be better
  • Options
    I agree with ya there @Jaffacaked. Venom, when replicating buffs in comics..he keeps those powers he obtains from his host and in no way does he ever lose those powers so a persistent charge is appropriate for him. It wouldn’t be necessarily game breaking @Colonaut123. Look at Hyperion, with his capability to stack up fury and a ####ton of massive damages..they haven’t done anything with that and it isn’t game breaking. Venom in our rosters is honestly sitting duck with little to no use according to ppl. So yeah, give him a persistent charge, a small regen, poison immunity as well as close bleed wounds 45% faster than normal. And the thing he needed most was a true strike allowing him to counter spider men.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,930 ★★★★★
    Everyone should stop comparing the comics to this game because they are nothing alike this is the @kabam universe not the marvel universe. I don't even think the game employees even read the comics lol @Kabam Sophia @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit .
  • Options
    Honestly they are very smart people @kabam, they saw the marvel movies making money so they hopped on the train and created a game that will get them money
  • Options
    Nojokejaym wrote: »
    Everyone should stop comparing the comics to this game because they are nothing alike this is the @kabam universe not the marvel universe.
    That is incorrect. You have leapt to conclusions further than your logic can reach.

oh really now so tel me how this is like the comics i wanna know
  • Options
    KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    It is confirmed Tom Hardy will play Eddie Brock in the upcoming Venom movie in October. Both Venom and Carnage are long overdue for a rework. I’ll focus in this thread on Venom.

Every 10 seconds, Venom calls from his memory one of five permanent buffs, for a total maximum of five buffs (six with Carnage synergy). While Venom has a lot of potential, the sheer randomness of his beneficial effects are what makes him a below-average champion. The player should have more control of what kind of buffs he should get. I suggest Venom can either recollect offensive or defensive buffs. At the beginning of the fight, Venom starts with defensive buffs. Dashing back and holding for two seconds like Winter Soldier allows him to switch to offence. Special attacks also triggers a switch. This makes room for tactical planning.

Currently, there are two defensive and three offensive buffs. I suggest adding a third defensive buff, Symbiotic Agility, which gives Venom boosted critical hit resistance. This is a fairly new addition the game (only the new IW Iron Man has it) and it would be nice if Venom had it to. Also, the defensive buffs should get a major boost, making them on par with similar defensive buffs of other champions.

With champions like Hyperion capable of stacking up three Fury buffs with ease, the current cap of five permanent buffs is not sufficient for Venom to keep up. I suggest to increase it to six buffs (seven due to Carnage synergy) and lower the rotation time to 8 seconds. This allows Venom to be fully boosted at 48 seconds (today it is 50 seconds). However, due to the capability of switching between offence and defence, I suggest capping the amount of buffs of one category to five. You start the fight with defence, so your first buff will always be defensive but if you switch to offence and get five more, it will automatically switch back to defence and replace one of the buffs randomly. Reversely, if you keep defence and hit five defensive buffs, it will automatically switch to offence and when the new cycle starts back to defence. This way, every cycle begins with defence so you will not be 100% offensive or defensive.

The ace of Venom is his capability to replicate the buffs of his opponent with his Special Attacks. Although I think the current chance (45% for Sp1, 75% for Sp2 and 100% of Sp3) are fine, the amount of buffs are not up-to-date. Back in the day, champions did not have that many buffs active. However, today it is not uncommon for champions to have three or more buffs active. Venom has to progress similarly: one copied buff for Sp1 (the same as now), two copied buffs for Sp2 (+1) and three copied buffs for Sp3 (+1). For Mystic champions, he still keeps his old amount. This should make him more on par.

It is odd Venom can copy buffs from non-organic champions i.e. robots. However, as a Cosmic champion he should be effective against Tech champions. I suggest robots are immune to the Replicate ability, but the symbiote will just dig into its own memory instead and give itself their own buff on top of the current amount of buffs and not counting for the maximum amount of six. However, this is only a temporary buff and will expire after 8 seconds.

To make Venom proficient, he should be able to launch more Special Attacks. So I suggest that when he can successfully replicate his opponents buffs, he activates his Leech ability which drains his opponent power (45%/38%/33% per copied buff) and turns it into a Power Gain buff for a limited amount of time. I do not want to make it as good as Vision, that’s why it is tied to the ability to copy buffs.

In the comics, Spider-Man’s Spider Sense is not triggered with Venom. In the MCOC, Venom should be immune to the effects of Evade. This will give him an edge over Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced) and Ultron. His symbiote physiology should also give him a poison immunity, something that might come in handy in the Contest. Venom is also known for his mild regenerative abilities, an actual Regeneration buff would just be too much. Instead, bleeds should expire 50% faster.

Lastly, Venom can inflict bleed for a 7% chance on all attacks, inflicting 34% of base Attack over 5 seconds. His bleed isn’t that consistent and potent and this makes it practically insignificant. I suggest instead he should bleed only when critically hitting and that this chance should be like 60%, 65% or 70% so it should be fairly consistent. Big but: the bleed damage he deals is not based on base Attack rating but based on the damage dealt by that critical hit (like 15%, 20% or 25%). So this way his bleeds can be quite potent. This also ties nicely with his Bloodlust signature ability active, which increases his Critical Hit Rate by 20% and also his Critical damage (stacks) whenever the opponent bleeds. This way you can build up stacks of bleeds and drain the opponent to death. It makes sense his Sp3 gives a guaranteed bleed (he practically rips the opponent apart), like 120% of your base Attack rating over 12 seconds, giving enough opportunity for Bloodlust to do its work.

With these changes, Venom becomes a champion to be reckoned with and fun to play. It will place him at least in the top category of Cosmic champions along Angela, Hyperion and Medusa.

I think he souldnt be able to ignore all evade champs but he should be able to igonore all evade's from spiderman's
  • Options
    KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Venoms genetic memory should make him into a new sw type character. Whenever he inflictes bleed the smell of blood triggers his bloodlust an venom is able trigger an offensive buff (max 5). Once at 5 offensive buffs venom can hold back for 2 second to reach into his genetic memory an reroll the 5 debuffs, only twice per fight this can happen

If venom gets a debuff he is able to shrug off that debuff 75% faster whilst triggering a defensive buff from his genetic memory (max 5).

Another way to go with like be to give him persistent charges allowing him to start the fight with buffs from the previous fight

That sounds more like Carnage than Venom
  • Options
    Everyone should stop comparing the comics to this game because they are nothing alike this is the @kabam universe not the marvel universe.
    That is incorrect. You have leapt to conclusions further than your logic can reach.

There’s a fella named Peter Parker and he is known as Spider-Man. He wears a red and blue suit and does what a spider can. He has a power called Spider Sense that allows him to dodge attacks... Need I go on?

okay but in this game blade, medusa, sl are pretty much gods in this game, but gods in the comics such sentry, dormammu, hela etc are far weaker than them lol. blade, sl, medusa cant even sit at sentry, dorm, hela, etc table lol
  • Options

There’s a fella named Peter Parker and he is known as Spider-Man. He wears a red and blue suit and does what a spider can. He has a power called Spider Sense that allows him to dodge attacks... Need I go on?

okay but in this game blade, medusa, sl are pretty much gods in this game, but gods in the comics such sentry, dormammu, hela etc are far weaker than them lol. blade, sl, medusa cant even sit at sentry, dorm, hela, etc table lol

this game pretty much made god characters in the comics seem like they can only fight basic bank robbers
  • Options

this game pretty much made god characters in the comics seem like they can only fight basic bank robbers

i can go on for days about characters in this game that are disgustingly nowhere near how they are in the comics, the only things that comes close in this game is the bio
  • Options

i can go on for days about characters in this game that are disgustingly nowhere near how they are in the comics, the only things that comes close in this game is the bio
    Again you’re making a leap in logic; just because they aren’t identical to the source material doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be restricted by it. They can be fair representations of their comic counterparts without breaking the game.

lol some of these characters are actually way to op to be the same, you're saying characters that can destroy the universe should be the same the game will be completely unbalanced.
  • Options
    I like the mechanic of dashing back and holding block to switch fight style. He’d be great if they allowed him a persistent charge allowing him to keep replicated buffs throughout fights with a max of 5 possible stacks of replicated buffs. However he loses all the buffs if he is knocked out.
    I prefer consuming buffs so to boost buff proficiency, but I guess persistent charge (capped at 5) and lost at KO could be balanced as well. I just think this would run counter to boosting the buff effectiveness overall and be able to choose buffs, so it is either or.
    He is also in need of a spidey counter, allowing him to bypass evasion when he activates a special attack, gaining true strike.
    Problem with True Strike that it also ignores armor and resistances, so that would boost his damage significantly. It is better he's simply immune to evasion, without relying on True Strike.
    I heard two cosmic ware being buffed..My guess is carnage definitely along with venom due to his movie coming out. But yeah, he’d benefit quite a bit with a small regen when hitting below 20% health. Also, his sig ability should be increased somewhat further. I’m hoping he is buffed along something like this. He needs to be better
    I was thinking about this regen request, which is brought up very often. I was thinking more about a passive Health Theft when his opponent bleeds, rather than another buff (if we would do all your suggestions that would equal to 12+ buffs: 5 rotating buffs + 5 persistent buffs + True Strike + Regen + any buff he copies).
  • Options
    I agree with ya there @Jaffacaked. Venom, when replicating buffs in comics..he keeps those powers he obtains from his host and in no way does he ever lose those powers so a persistent charge is appropriate for him. It wouldn’t be necessarily game breaking @Colonaut123. Look at Hyperion, with his capability to stack up fury and a ####ton of massive damages..they haven’t done anything with that and it isn’t game breaking. Venom in our rosters is honestly sitting duck with little to no use according to ppl. So yeah, give him a persistent charge, a small regen, poison immunity as well as close bleed wounds 45% faster than normal. And the thing he needed most was a true strike allowing him to counter spider men.
    I think it is wrong to compare every champion to God Tiers, they are not well balanced and they invoke power creep.
  • Options
    I think he souldnt be able to ignore all evade champs but he should be able to igonore all evade's from spiderman's
    I don't know if this is possible game mechanic-wise. It does makes sense that if he can evade Spider-Man, the most agile of all champions, he can evade all the rest as well.
  • Options

Again you’re making a leap in logic; just because they aren’t identical to the source material doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be restricted by it. They can be fair representations of their comic counterparts without breaking the game.

lol some of these characters are actually way to op to be the same, you're saying characters that can destroy the universe should be the same the game will be completely unbalanced.
    I think this is a discussion that is better reserved for another thread.
  • Options
    SparkyCzSparkyCz Posts: 73
    Im a mid level player so i have onley one r5 4star champ but i have resources to take a cosmic champ to r5 ana a cosmic awakening gem, but the onley cosmic i have is venom so i hope they will rework or buff him to make him playable
  • Options
    UnevenZeroUnevenZero Posts: 13
    Ryevon wrote: »
    Venom is still owned by Sony, so until that changes, we are stuck with a mediocre version.

While this is true the movie right have nothing to do with the game and comic rights. Sony only can prevent anyone else from using Venom in movies, Marvel/Disney still owns all other rights to all characters regardless of who has the movie rights.