**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So, I fought a guy in Arena yesterday...

13»

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Werewrym wrote: »
    For me I am debating whether to use t4cc on 5* duped Thor Rag... He seems kinda weak, but I do think he is quite fun to play and I love me some good old classic champs (even though he is a newer version, he's still the Thor I've always loved).

You have no idea how much I wish all of our old classic favorite champs were better in this game... I want to play Dr Strange as a 5*, I want classic IM to be amazing... I want Black Panther to be so much better than he is... It really would be refreshing to see some more updates to all of our favorite Avengers.

I really like Rags. He's way better Awakened, more so with a Sig level of 40+.
    Have a read of this thread for more thoughts (from me and others)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/536252#Comment_536252

Mines 5/50, and I'd love a high-ranking Awakened 5* version, too. If you enjoy playing with him, do it more.

He's a great DoT champion when Awakened. Took mine into RTTL the other day (with Hulk, obviously). That bonus damage he gets on his SP1 stun (if you've got Armour Break)? It's Direct damage and bypasses Safeguard. Spam that during Thunder God's Wrath and enjoy the effect!

Stack several Shock effects and it reduces all ability accuracy (offensive + defensive) including Safeguard. Good times...
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 494 ★★★
    I have two champs 5* R3 that I like to use and am on the fence about R4. Wasp duped and Sabretooth unduped. If ST was duped then I would pull the trigger. Both are a lot of fun.

I also agree Spidergwen is fun. When she first came out I would use her all the time then they tweaked her heavy to slow it down. It was originally so fast that it rarely got countered. It was fantastic. People laughed at me ranking her up.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    This post is definitely needed. I have a 4/55 awakened Goldpool, and honestly he's one of the most solidly reliable on my team. I have my ablaze, Starky, etc, too, but Goldpool, Guillotine, Sentry...they are some of the champs unranked up that don't fit the "norm" and I have, at times, second-guessed myself. I appreciate so many people chiming in in support of this mentality. I've been way too focused on getting through the tough content because I have convinced myself that I "should" since I have a solid roster. But I'm in a low-key alliance that doesn't try to compete at top tier levels, and I love it. I like having the folks still just working on getting through Act 4 and early Act 5 content that I can help along. I'm currently the only Uncollected member in the alliance, but there are a couple folks close that I've been able to help coach along.

Thank you, OP for reminding me this is a GAME and should just be fun. Like others have said, I have been taking it far to seriously. Time to re-evaluate my teams and look for the fun players, not just those I think will get me farther because of their utility.

Cheers!
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I took my duped 5* rocket to 3/45, I love that guy. I also really enjoy playing Spider-Gwen, I got like 7 stacks of armor break with her once! 😁

Not that I would necessarily recommend this match up, but I found it hilarious when by chance my 4* spider gwen got matched up against a much higher PI IMIW in the arena, and she just destroyed him.

Haha that’s awesome
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I took my duped 5* rocket to 3/45, I love that guy. I also really enjoy playing Spider-Gwen, I got like 7 stacks of armor break with her once! 😁

Not that I would necessarily recommend this match up, but I found it hilarious when by chance my 4* spider gwen got matched up against a much higher PI IMIW in the arena, and she just destroyed him.

Oh, I so gotta try this!