**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming Changes to Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity - Discussion Thread

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018

This is a live game, and as such, there will always be new content coming, and changes to old Content as well. For instance, we're planning another Beta test for a couple Buffs to some Cosmic Champions coming your way soon.

How soon is soon? Like Alliance bases soon? Praying for my Carnage and groot 5*
  • Eagleernie1Eagleernie1 Posts: 15
    Bonze9 wrote: »
    Mods? Where are you? This topic has seen many good points made and questions asked, and all we’ve got from you guys is crickets. Can we please get some of this “transparency” we were promised? We were all told the md/dex correlation was working as intended multiple times over a very long period. Now that we’ve ranked champs to take advantage of this “intended” game mechanism it’s being “fixed” and called a “bug”. Can we please get some kind of response to the fact that it seems like you are trying to create your own loophole here?

We never said it was a bug. This is a change to how Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity work. I think that we were very clear on that. If we made you believe that we're calling this a bug anywhere, please let us know where, so we can make sure we address that.

This is a live game, and as such, there will always be new content coming, and changes to old Content as well. For instance, we're planning another Beta test for a couple Buffs to some Cosmic Champions coming your way soon.

j3g3lg8gefjc.jpg
    po3yv20hwqsi.jpg
  • edited September 2018
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Bonze9 wrote: »
    Mods? Where are you? This topic has seen many good points made and questions asked, and all we’ve got from you guys is crickets. Can we please get some of this “transparency” we were promised? We were all told the md/dex correlation was working as intended multiple times over a very long period. Now that we’ve ranked champs to take advantage of this “intended” game mechanism it’s being “fixed” and called a “bug”. Can we please get some kind of response to the fact that it seems like you are trying to create your own loophole here?

We never said it was a bug. This is a change to how Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity work. I think that we were very clear on that. If we made you believe that we're calling this a bug anywhere, please let us know where, so we can make sure we address that.

3pmqgfb9xjot.png

Hey Miike, not to throw you under the bus or anything but.....

That's in reference to a whole different situation. If you take a look at the post, you'll see that @DTMelodicMetal is referencing something that we have said in the past in regards to a bug fix that we made. That is not about Mystic Dispersion at all.
  • Eagleernie1Eagleernie1 Posts: 15
    @Kabam Miike
    First page of this thread it looks like you said this was a bug?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    9gvo0nknfdyo.jpg

@Eagleernie1 @Viper1987 That post is taken out of context. Kabam Miike was referring to Archangel's neurotoxin stun, I quoted him to support my opinion that his comments about Archangel's recent change was similar to the MD/Dexterity change.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    So the new update is here and I still can't put points in MD. Also wasn't it supposed to be free to switch masteries now?
    So the new update is here and I still can't put points in MD. Also wasn't it supposed to be free to switch masteries now?

You don't realize how much mystic attackers like Voodoo depend on MD until it's gone
  • Bonze9 wrote: »

Well? I’m prerty sure I read a mod comment saying it was a “bugged” issue. BUT, I may have keyed in on that from a fellow users post. IF that is the case you and the game team have my utmost apologies! I do however HIGHLY appreciate your response to this thread. As do many other users I’m sure. Now, while I understand this is a live game, the changes being made still eliminate the usefulness of many mystic champions ranked purely for their once usefulness because and almost only because of the way md and dex responded to one and other. I know you say that you have been keeping a very close eye on dorm on defense but, I really don’t see how you think this won’t effect his ability to be a viable defender. Possibly a more in depth explanation on how this doesn’t adversely effect him would help put many people including myself at easy about this entire debacle. Once again thank you @Kabam Miike for the response!
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

You don't realize how much mystic attackers like Voodoo depend on MD until it's gone

Voodoo will still trigger MD when he removes loa and such... He's essentially nullifying those buffs.
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Voodoo will still trigger MD when he removes loa and such... He's essentially nullifying those buffs.

I meant because I can't put points in MD. I ran suicide masteries for Korg arena and haven't been able to put points back in MD since.
  • How can we test MD if it’s now locked at summoner lvl 99 @Kabam Miike I changed my mastery around and now can’t rebuild MD that I changed around to max dexterity dayum
  • " we're planning another Beta test for a couple Buffs to some Cosmic Champions coming your way soon. "
    Is the phoenix in this list?
  • Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_

I still can't add back points in MD. It says the summoner lvl 99 is needed as a requirement. Others have brought this up. We would like to be able to test from today to September 11 to make a choice.

I submitted a ticket and was assured by the Kabam support team that I had misread the announcement and that I would be able to add points back in today, yet it seems I'm still locked out.

Again, in summary this is for people with MD unlocked who for one reason or another had an alternative mastery setup on August 31 when the lockout occurred. I just want to add my points back in so I can test. Thank you!!
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    People ranked up champs because KABAM refused to fix a bug (or rather,unforeseen interaction DEX/MD)... They should have fixed this immediately. That way the backlash would not have been as bad. But KABAM decided to exploit this bug, leaving it, because it generated a truckload of money. My only problem with this change is that it is far too long overdue.

That being said, I don't think RDT are warranted because not a single champion was changed (Like DS SW BW Thor, GP more recently). I'd personally say AA and Drax too, but KABAM's stance is that those were bugs. In each of these cases, however, the functionality of the individual champs, was changed. That is the only reason to issue RDT.

Everyone claiming: "But now my Juggernaut is useless": True, but the game evolves. Sometimes they release a counterchamp or -mastery for balance purpises that makes your champ useless...you may be salty, but it doesn't warrant RDT. Same here, they are balancing something and the thing that no longer functions as advertised when purchased is even being refunded fully.

It is no less illogical to demand refunds for a champ because a mastery that champ benefits from is changed as it is to ask a refund for a mastery because your top champ who utilizes it is nerfed. Imagine, AA is nerfed, people start asking for DW refunds, with the argument that they only got DW5 for AA and since AA became useless they don't want the mastery anymore. Just...no!
  • TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    I may have missed this - but recovering my mastery points from utility masteries will remove all levels from MD, but I can't add them back to test them until the 11th? So how am I supposed to be able to test anything when I wanted to test different levels of MD, not just LVL 5 I had until now?? I don't need to purchase any cores, I just need to be able to play with the levels. I read the announcement several times and still can't understand it well. Thank you
  • When will we be able to place points in MD? It’s asking for a level 99 summoner as a requirement.
    4dah19f39wcv.jpeg

• Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 69
    I thought this was a testing week for mastery with the changes to MD and Dexterity. Just had to pay units to replace my masteries, is this supposed to be the case?
  • TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    edited September 2018
    When will we be able to place points in MD? It’s asking for a level 99 summoner as a requirement.
    4dah19f39wcv.jpeg

That's my question above your post. It's not clear if we were supposed to leave the points there in order to test them before they remove all our points from MD and refund us mystic core purchase resources on the 11th, or if they were supposed to unlock the 99lvl requirement to play with MD before the 11th with the update today.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Mobius360 wrote: »
    I thought this was a testing week for mastery with the changes to MD and Dexterity. Just had to pay units to replace my masteries, is this supposed to be the case?

How did you use units to replace the mastery with a level 99 requirement?
  • Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    I don't care about rank down tickets. I want to put points in MD which I have unlocked at 4/5, and have had that way for years!! I've got quests and wars to run and am locked out. Please answer us. The level 99 summoner thing is clearly a bug. Many of us have alternative setups and if we had MD off on August 31, we are locked out to add the points back in.

I was told "...nothing to worry, if the level 4 of your mystic dispersion was already unlocked, it will still stay unlocked even after the new update on September 4" by a customer service rep.

I don't mean to say "I told you so" but something looked wrong all week when we couldn't put points in, people brought it up, I and others submitted tickets and we were stone-walled that nothing was wrong and to be patient for September 5, and now that the new update has happened, it is no different. Please give us an answer. I've got war defenders to place, I've got quest material to run, and I'd love to have MD up so I can test out the changes!
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Posts: 83
    Mods please say something on the gifting event encouraging summoners to gift things with units and its relation To the refund of mystic cores. Why are gifted cores being refunded with loyalty when you cannot gift cores with loyalty? You are putting many of us at a disadvantage for participating in the gifting event. Please consider refunding the gift cores with units as that is the Currency used to buy them.
    Campo4 wrote: »
    I don't care about rank down tickets. I want to put points in MD which I have unlocked at 4/5, and have had that way for years!! I've got quests and wars to run and am locked out. Please answer us. The level 99 summoner thing is clearly a bug. Many of us have alternative setups and if we had MD off on August 31, we are locked out to add the points back in.

I was told "...nothing to worry, if the level 4 of your mystic dispersion was already unlocked, it will still stay unlocked even after the new update on September 4" by a customer service rep.

I don't mean to say "I told you so" but something looked wrong all week when we couldn't put points in, people brought it up, I and others submitted tickets and we were stone-walled that nothing was wrong and to be patient for September 5, and now that the new update has happened, it is no different. Please give us an answer. I've got war defenders to place, I've got quest material to run, and I'd love to have MD up so I can test out the changes!

Lol at the customer rep. Well, they’re right. It still is unlocked, you just can’t put any points in it.

You can’t test out the changes yet. They already stated that.
    CFree wrote: »
    Campo4 wrote: »

Lol at the customer rep. Well, they’re right. It still is unlocked, you just can’t put any points in it.

You can’t test out the changes yet. They already stated that.

I just reread the FAQ and I was wrong about the testing changes part.
  • AggresssorAggresssor Posts: 22
    edited September 2018
    Kabam, it's not serious. 3/3 maxed dexterity and only 0.7 sec precision buff ? it's not a big change, you cant even do 2-3 hit's with cosmic supremacy synergy, i mean +30% for buff duration ! why not 1 sec or 1.5 sec ? what you can do in 0.7 seconds ? just one hit ?
    For exemple, 3/3 dexterity with " cosmic supremacy synergy " and a 5 Star Hyperion signature level (111) inscreases buff duration for 73% you can increases the precision buff from dexterity from 0.7 sec to 1.4 sec only with those synergy and hyperion's sig ability and only for cosmic champions !

It's same, nothing special. Before this patch it's was only for one hit and after patch it's same beacase in 0.7 sec you can't even do 2-3 hit's.
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Aggresssor wrote: »
    Kabam, it's not serious. 3/3 maxed dexterity and only 0.7 sec precision buff ? it's not a big change, you cant even do 2-3 hit's with cosmic supremacy synergy, i mean +30% for buff duration ! why not 1 sec or 1.5 sec ? what you can do in 0.7 seconds ? just one hit ?
    For exemple, 3/3 dexterity with " cosmic supremacy synergy " and a 5 Star Hyperion signature level (111) inscreases buff duration for 73% [/color] you can increases the precision buff from dexterity from 0.7 sec to 1.4 sec only with those synergy and hyperion's sig ability and only for cosmic champions !

It's same, nothing special. Before this patch it's was only for one hit and after patch it's same beacase in 0.7 sec you can't even do 2-3 hit's.

Draaaaaaax.

But seriously, the change was for the interaction with MD, the possibilty of add'l hits getting the bonus is just gravy.
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
This discussion has been closed.