**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Danger Rooms Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    TyEdge wrote: »
    I'm not even gonna bother wasting my energy and boosts on this trash, it's not close to worth it. Maybe make a better month of quests, Kabam, and you may have more people wanting to play the game.

Rank your Champs before you go in. Today is Wednesday. Science. Tomorrow, Rank the Mystics.

A team of maxed 2-stars taking on a 3200 champ with a frustrating evade mechanic that allows him to one-shot you...just not fun.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra Given the way that the regular and gifted rooms are split, wouldn't it make more sense to have the 2-stars on the regular and 3-stars on both gifted? As it stands, master is far, far more difficult than epic.

He doesn't one-shot you if you play wisely. Evade, Bait the Specials. It takes longer, but he goes down the same.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    I tried the Epic difficulty with 3 stars and aside from too much energy wasted in this, I think rewards are pretty fair for three fights only. It really takes you so little time, and maxed out 3* stars are more than enough to deal with the room in couple of minutes.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    CFree wrote: »
    I'm not even gonna bother wasting my energy and boosts on this trash, it's not close to worth it. Maybe make a better month of quests, Kabam, and you may have more people wanting to play the game.

You will miss out on the 5* shards for yourself and your alliance.

Not that much we have no issues getting 5* shards even if I bother do them it's only a 150 shards for master and epic that's not to much and everyone would need to do it and I'm sure that many people will not.

I'm not even sure my allaince even feels like it's worth it either maybe just the bare minimum to get the 500 shards but I doubt they care it's really not that hard to get 5* shards nowadays.

Maybe it’s not hard for you, but an extra 1400 a week for autofights until a boss isn’t bad.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    I'm probably not going to bother with any of these due to the terrible rewards and the fact that 3 rooms cost 50 energy for 12 fights for nothing

Not worth my time and energy this is probably one of the worst things they have put out.

I find it funny that people don't think 50 energy a day is worth 1350 5 star shards, 1980 t2A and 9360 t4b a week. You guys must be stacked in resources.
    edited September 2018
    Could be a few reasons for this. It could be that they're erring on the side of caution to test. It could also be that 3*s are reasonably stronger than 2*s at Max. Could even be an error, and Epic was meant to be a 4*. All I know is I'm not complaining. Lol.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Tarzan041 wrote: »
    Its pretty simple if you don't like content, no one is forcing you to play to it. I didnt like dungeons, so i never played them. As someone who doesn't sell champs, I love events like this, my 2 and 3 stars are almost all maxed out. It makes an equal playing field across the game, most of us should have plenty of 2 and 3 stars. I don't get to say this very often, thanks Kabam for making our 2 and 3 stars useful again.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong. I understand it's frustrating not to have what's required. I'm just glad I don't sell. It's never a good idea, in my opinion.

So, I've never sold champs. At present, I have 6 maxed 2-stars. I have about a dozen more 2-star champs at 1/30 that I ranked for the 5-star arena last year. Basically, that gives me one maxed 2-star, two 1/30 2-stars, and a bunch of 1/10 champs to choose from for master difficulty. Or I can invest resources into champs who'll only ever be useful for another time or two every year...

These are not well-conceived choices. I came along when 3-stars were easy to find and 4-stars were tougher, so I have something like 24 3-stars I maxed out before I abandoned that tier altogether. Epic difficulty is at least easy enough that I can get by with what I have, but the jump in difficulty to master is ridiculous.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    Could be a few reasons for this. It could be that they're erring on the side of caution to test. It could also be that 3*s are reasonably stronger than 2*s at Max. Could even be an error, and Epic was meant to be a 4*. All I know is I'm not complaining. Lol.

I'm usually one of your biggest critics (when I care to answer), but I have to agree this time. Maxed out 3*s (both in rank and sig ability) are quite strong in Epic rooms. Today's Hulk, Wolverine and Taskmaster just folded against Void.
    KoperBoy wrote: »

I'm usually one of your biggest critics (when I care to answer), but I have to agree this time. Maxed out 3*s (both in rank and sig ability) are quite strong in Epic rooms. Today's Hulk, Wolverine and Taskmaster just folded against Void.

Yeah it's reasonable. Even the Master was doable. It just takes a bit longer.
    Tarzan041 wrote: »
    Its pretty simple if you don't like content, no one is forcing you to play to it. I didnt like dungeons, so i never played them. As someone who doesn't sell champs, I love events like this, my 2 and 3 stars are almost all maxed out. It makes an equal playing field across the game, most of us should have plenty of 2 and 3 stars. I don't get to say this very often, thanks Kabam for making our 2 and 3 stars useful again.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong. I understand it's frustrating not to have what's required. I'm just glad I don't sell. It's never a good idea, in my opinion.

So, I've never sold champs. At present, I have 6 maxed 2-stars. I have about a dozen more 2-star champs at 1/30 that I ranked for the 5-star arena last year. Basically, that gives me one maxed 2-star, two 1/30 2-stars, and a bunch of 1/10 champs to choose from for master difficulty. Or I can invest resources into champs who'll only ever be useful for another time or two every year...

These are not well-conceived choices. I came along when 3-stars were easy to find and 4-stars were tougher, so I have something like 24 3-stars I maxed out before I abandoned that tier altogether. Epic difficulty is at least easy enough that I can get by with what I have, but the jump in difficulty to master is ridiculous.

I suppose I'm partial because I Max every 2* and my 3*s when I get around to it.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    Really . I’m speechless kabam except. Really! What are you thinking. Total **** in all aspects
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Given that they are limiting this to 2* and 3* of a particular class each day, they should add the appropriate t2cc shard/cata as part of the daily completion rewards to help make the energy cost a bit more palatable. (T2cc proving ground is also 2 energy per move).
  • DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 396 ★★★

Yes. We don't even have to Fight.

Yes. We don't even have to Fight. They can just send us the Rewards in our Inbox.

As someone who often complains about others twisting their words don't play the same game with me. Many if not most of these types of events have had more reasonable energy costs associated. This is not one of them.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    IsItthough wrote: »
    I'm probably not going to bother with any of these due to the terrible rewards and the fact that 3 rooms cost 50 energy for 12 fights for nothing

Not worth my time and energy this is probably one of the worst things they have put out.

I find it funny that people don't think 50 energy a day is worth 1350 5 star shards, 1980 t2A and 9360 t4b a week. You guys must be stacked in resources.

woah ... we really get 1,980 Tier 2 Alpha Cats and 9,360 Tier 4 Basics?!?!?!

That's insane!
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    edited September 2018
    It can be done I got him to 8% before I was ko’d Tbh so it is doable but not really worth it coz the rewards are poop
  • I don’t have any maxed science 2*s so master was tough but caps perfect block is the answer.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    IsItthough wrote: »

woah ... we really get 1,980 Tier 2 Alpha Cats and 9,360 Tier 4 Basics?!?!?!

That's insane!

Yes! And all for no work since, as everyone has indicated, it is so easy.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    jtkc9x2irsgm.gif

I am loving this. I really am.
    No, I'm not being a douche, but everyone going completely haywire over something OPTIONAL to play is just funny.
    Noone makes you run the content. The best are the ones that complain about the rewards, while going in with 1/1 champs. Where is your mind at?

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'm liking this event a lot. I am using champs that haven't seen the light of day in ages. Ant-Man came out to play, Yellowjacket, Wasp, Quake and Hulk. Easy winnings. Over the course of a month, those t2a shards will stack up nicely.

Please, carry on saying how terrible and stupid it is. I'm enjoying myself with this one.
  • Danger room are ok, but those energy cost are painful
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Bapoi wrote: »
    jtkc9x2irsgm.gif

No, I'm not being a douche, but everyone going completely haywire over something OPTIONAL to play is just funny.
    Noone makes you run the content. The best are the ones that complain about the rewards, while going in with 1/1 champs. Where is your mind at?

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'm liking this event a lot. I am using champs that haven't seen the light of day in ages. Ant-Man came out to play, Yellowjacket, Wasp, Quake and Hulk. Easy winnings. Over the course of a month, those t2a shards will stack up nicely.

Please, carry on saying how terrible and stupid it is. I'm enjoying myself with this one.

Don't worry. Nerf Emma Frost posts are starting to trickle in. There will be more to watch soon.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    jtkc9x2irsgm.gif

Don't worry. Nerf Emma Frost posts are starting to trickle in. There will be more to watch soon.

Yeah, I saw the first one pop up about her inverted controls. She is going to be a feast for the sadistically enclined..
    jtkc9x2irsgm.gif

Actually, you are being one. We can talk about flawed design without getting into feelings about the event, its rewards, or the company in general. Any rational person who attempted master and epic would say that epic is *far* easier and has better rewards. This split couldn't possibly have been what Kabam intended.
    jtkc9x2irsgm.gif

Actually, you are being one. We can talk about flawed design without getting into feelings about the event, its rewards, or the company in general. Any rational person who attempted master and epic would say that epic is *far* easier and has better rewards. This split couldn't possibly have been what Kabam intended.

We definitely can do that. I absolutely agree there. Unfortunately, my reaction is the 180 degree of some others in their way of posting, so I'm really not all that worried about that.

This event is great. It's not an easy cakewalk, it requires some effort, and adding up the rewards over the month it is really not bad at all. But everyone only looks at the right now, not at the whole thing. And everyone expects it to be easy since it's 2* and 3* requirements. It's not. You're fighting the equivalent of a 5* against a 6* in cases.
    You have your challenge. It has less stars. That's it.
  • Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    I didn’t find it that difficult but I agree it’s weird to have master be more difficult than epic.
  • i have 100% dungeon rooms all ready this is why i tell people to max rank your 2 star and 3 star champions for when we get thrown a curve ball event like when they did the 10k5 star shards for 2 star arena
  • icm4266icm4266 Posts: 45
    I think people are getting away from the point on this. Yes the rewards aren't that good and its annoying that you have to use specific champs that a lot of you dont have but that is not what this thread is about. This is a daily quest so the rewards will not be off the charts. If you dont have 2*s or at least any good 2*s, thats your own faullt so stop whining.
    What we are trying to let kabam know is that for the level that master is supposed to be this quest is insanely difficult. Even with a team of maxed 2*s you are at more of a disadvantage in master then you are in Epic. Master game mode needs to be looked at and re-evaluated by kabam because it takes away from the game mode they were so excited about
  • Maybe you guys should rank up some 2* champs before going in.....
  • TyEdge wrote: »
    jtkc9x2irsgm.gif

*Probably not*. But not "could not possibly be." In this game, sometimes rewards are higher because what you fight is stronger, so more obviously defeating those things generates more rewards. But sometimes rewards are higher because the player is stronger in a certain prerequisite, and the game is rewarding progress not difficulty.

You'd expect more difficult content to generate more rewards, but you'd also expect content with higher prerequisites to have higher rewards. Sometimes those combine in odd ways to make the apparent effort to obtain those rewards seem odd. It seems unlikely, but then again Gwenpool Goes to the Movies seemed incredibly unlikely until it happened.
    jtkc9x2irsgm.gif

We definitely can do that. I absolutely agree there. Unfortunately, my reaction is the 180 degree of some others in their way of posting, so I'm really not all that worried about that.

This event is great. It's not an easy cakewalk, it requires some effort, and adding up the rewards over the month it is really not bad at all. But everyone only looks at the right now, not at the whole thing. And everyone expects it to be easy since it's 2* and 3* requirements. It's not. You're fighting the equivalent of a 5* against a 6* in cases.
    You have your challenge. It has less stars. That's it.

Yeah, that isn't what most people are complaining about. If master is appreciably harder than epic for lower rewards, you've botched the design.
This discussion has been closed.