**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Level 99 for MD. Bug or not?

I am getting nowhere with Kabam Support.

I need a straight answer. If you have mystic dispersion unlocked before August 31 but had points elsewhere on that date, but would like to add the points back in to test this week, are we intentionally being locked out by what looks like a requirement to be summoner lvl 99, or is this a bug?

Comments

• Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    kvtchr2vbcxc.png
    0jj96mh0eton.png
  • Fabi1989Fabi1989 Posts: 112
    It was announced that you can test it this week to then decide if you unlock it again. how do people want to test it, if they can not do it anymore, even though it's already unlocked?

@Kabam Miike
  • AFOMANAFOMAN Posts: 12
    @Kabam Miike many people are having this issue including me. Had 5 levels unlocked for over a year. Sept 5- 11 is the testing week with the new update but we can’t test it at all if we tried to lower the points and it locked us out of putting them back.
  • Fabi1989Fabi1989 Posts: 112
    and the problem has been this way for a week now. people from my alliance can not master it for a week Because they Need Level 99. this is a bug for sure
    This is not a bug. As we had said in the initial announcement, we are locking Mystic Dispersion down. This had to be done to ensure that everybody would get the correct refund.

@Kabam Miike first of all, thanks for the response.

I read the initial announcement to mean we wouldn’t be able to unlock new levels (i.e. buy and apply purple cores) but my question is how are people like me who run MD for some, but not all modes of game supposed to test it out this week if we happened to have a different setup on Aug 31?

Many were confused by this, and it’s common to run multiple setups for different modes of game.
    On August 31st, we will lock the ability to purchase any more levels of Mystic Dispersion. This is also when we will be taking our “snapshot” of Summoner Masteries, and Mastery Core inventories. Any Mastery cores purchased after this date will not be refunded.
    - On September 5th, with the release of our next update, we will activate the new version of Mystic Dispersion.
    - You’ll then have 6 days to test out the new Mystic Dispersion

@Kabam Miike this is from the original post. So it should not be locked out on September 5th which is today
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    nxa3q5y3ycze.jpeg

Dr. Zola
  • WillWill Posts: 5
    Once again KABAM gave misinformation to community.

From the original post I took it as players will not be able to unlock new level of MD. I have all 5 level unlocked but didn’t have any points in MD at the time of announcement or on aug 31.

What exactly does it mean Kabam took snapshot of my mastery on Aug 31? If I didn’t have any points assigned to MD, I will not get refund for resources that were used to unlock MD initially?
    Thanks to whoever flagged my comments. I’ll try to be less unreasonable next time
  • Col66Col66 Posts: 26
    So where its says in the announcement

"Therefor, we have created a plan to give all players a chance to test out the new Mystic Dispersion, but also have the option to reallocate their resources away from Mystic Dispersion if they so choose."

Doesn't actually mean all players... it should say players who have points in this mastery at the time its locked.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    There shouldn't be any problems refunding players who had mystic dispersion unlocked but did not have mastery points in MD when the mastery was locked. It's easy to see which masteries players have or have not unlocked.
  • Dr_Doob617Dr_Doob617 Posts: 35
    Lol @Kabam Miike actually nowhere does it saying you’re “locking mystic dispersion down” in the original post. Your teams inability to simply convey a message properly to the community is astounding.

Nowhere in that post does it say we would be unable to put points back into the mastery regardless of already having unlocked the levels of mystic dispersion or not, it says we’ll be unable to “purchase” more levels, which I’m sure mostly everyone interpreted as unlocking levels you hadn’t prior to that date with mastery cores.

Now it says we’re supposed to have a week to test out the changes to decide on Sept. 11th whether or not we want to purchase the mastery again or not and yet we can’t test the mastery, ummmm hello!?

This is not at all what was stated anywhere in the post regarding the changes, acknowledge it and get it sorted mate. Your game teams inability to implement changes without royally screwing something up every time is like clock work.
    Hello,

Thank you for a prompt response.

If you would like to try the new Mystic Dispersion you need to have Rank 1 unlocked prior to August 31st, have at least 1 mastery point in it, and have not re-specialized/reset Utility Mastery tree between Aug 31st - Sep 11th.

I hope this information helps. Please do not hesitate to contact us back anytime you have other questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,
    Grey
    Kabam Support

This is the response from Kabam support on September 6. This is what should’ve been told to us in the post. You cannot touch the mastery at all in this window. You have the ability to test what you had been using allegedly. And that’s all
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    AFOMAN wrote: »
    Hello,

Thank you for a prompt response.

If you would like to try the new Mystic Dispersion you need to have Rank 1 unlocked prior to August 31st, have at least 1 mastery point in it, and have not re-specialized/reset Utility Mastery tree between Aug 31st - Sep 11th.

I hope this information helps. Please do not hesitate to contact us back anytime you have other questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,
    Grey
    Kabam Support

This is the response from Kabam support on September 6. This is what should’ve been told to us in the post. You cannot touch the mastery at all in this window. You have the ability to test what you had been using allegedly. And that’s all

How hard would it have been to say that in the game’s official forums? Pretty simple and straightforward when you put it that way.

I now eagerly await the reimbursement fiasco.

Dr. Zola
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 69
    Glad I wasted my units reallocating my masteries to try the new mystic dispersion yesterday.

@Kabam Miike your initial post doesn't read anything close to what the real plan was. I've had 5 unlocked for years in MD and had I known I had to have points in it to be able to test this week I certainly would have placed points in it.

How else are we supposed to know if we want to repurchase this next week? This is just yet another example of the disconnect the team has with the player base.

Add this to the Pure Skill mastery cluster that still has no resolution. Just more posts you keep saying you're working on it tic tic tic 18 months later....
  • razielraziel Posts: 82
    @Kabam Miike how can we test new md if we can’t put any points there?